Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    @MoHousdon I love your ring. It's absolutely beautiful!!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE your ring @MoHousdon !! WAY TO GO MR. MO!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    @pofoster21 - Love the shoes, although not sure how you walk in those! I can't wait until I drop some more weight so I can wear cute shoes again. I wear tennis shoes to work at the moment. It helps me to get in more steps. Also, we have a program that awards leave time every quarter if you get a certain number of minutes of exercise every month. Totally worth it!

Dang! I wish my work had a program like that! I'd be banking the hell out of some leave time. lol

With that system, I think I'd be the only one here to get leave time. Oops, did I say that out loud?

Yes, out loud. Soooo incredibly out loud. :astonished:

I think I'm a little bitter because about 2 months ago, I suggested our office do a charity 5K walk together. A few of them agreed that it would be fun, and I should find a walk for us to do. So I did. And reminded them a couple weeks later. The walk is on July 25, and guess who's the only one registered. Nobody else has even asked about it since.

Whatever *pouts*
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    It makes me feel bad when I'm trying to eat healthy and people are eating fried, greasy, salty, sugary, etc. foods right in front of me. I know it shouldn't effect me so much, but it does :disappointed:

Just think of how it's affecting them. Expanding waistlines, clogged arteries, skin blemishes! Meanwhile, the healthy food you ate is high-fiving every component in your body. :)

I love that description! Too bad you didn't tell me that before I ordered the fried pickles and nachos last night and made myself feel like ick all day today...

LOL thanks. It's all I had! Funny cuz I was just eyeballing the fried pickles in the frozen section the other day and realized I had that brand before and found them to have waay too much breading on them.

That is a real thing? (Wrapping my mind around it.)

Fried pickles are delicious but I've never seen frozen ones. I would totally buy those for parties, I hate deep-frying stuff because it's so messy and makes the house stink.

These are the only frozen ones I have seen and I don't recommend them but as to avoid the lingering 'my house smells like a vat of oil' for the next week, I'd reconsider.

FarmRich-fried-pickles.jpg

I buy that brand of breaded mushrooms. You can bake them, but they still taste better fried. I may pan fry them instead of using an actual fryer...
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Ugh...feeling like I'm going to cave in today and go redeem my free Blizzard from Dairy Queen...it expires in 3 days.

I would use it but that's just me. :) Just cut some calories each day to help with a deficit maybe?
    If I had a free blizzard coupon, it would have never got that close...unless it was 3 days away from expiring the day I got it :)
    Same. I signed up for the Marble Slab rewards program today and already plan on using the coupon they give you for signing up. :laugh:

I have been so close to going since I got it 2 weeks ago. But I have waaaay overindulged many days already..
    Also, my husband is working a ton lately and never home which means it's me and my son...so 2 medium blizzards(it's buy one get one free) between the two of us means I'm eating 1.75 of the 2. Which is great except that I have to get myself under control with my sweets...and eating almost 2 whole blizzards doesn't exactly fall into that category.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Sorry for all my Survivor posts.... I'm going on a complete spree over here. Most people probably aren't going to know what I'm rambling on about :lol: But for those who might have some interest...

Mike has won my respect at this point because he's turned into a beast at challenges (and into the underdog... my weakness). I didn't like him much for a while but now I'm rooting for either him or Carolyn :tongue:

@berlynnwall That story is hilarious :lol:

You must be far into it now then...how many have you watched today?
    And I totally remember Joe now..not sure why I was drawing a blank.
    14 now! Nothing to do today and I've just been completely lazy and watching Survivor.
    Nothing wrong with that! Enjoy the rest of it! It was a good season! :)
    @MoHousdon , love your ring!!!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    That sewing machine! I want!

Mine is just a basic little Brother but it is pale pink - I can't claim responsibility for that though as it was my mother's before she decided she needed a fancier one.

I'm glad you all understand my feelings about frying food in the house. Soooo stinky. We don't have an exhaust fan over our stove either (or anywhere in the kitchen), so everything I cook lingers unless I open the windows. Not too practical in our minus 40 degree winters either as it's a recipe for a burst water pipe.

The smell of Saturday morning bacon haunts me all weekend, too, it's terrible.

So this doesn't help in the winter, but fry outside! I used to have a fry daddy that I could plug in, so I would plug it into the outdoor outlet and fry away. I'm debating setting up my camping stove outside the next time I do fried chicken to keep the fry smell outside, and I feel like that should work as well.

Re gross girls: I was an odd combination of total tomboy that loved to get dirty and rough house, but I would do it while wearing the most frilly dresses possible. My face and hair was always a super-mess though.

My daughters hair!.... I brush it constantly. Knotted up. I keep pushing her to be more SELF AWARE and start doing things for herself and without prompts. The struggle is real.

I will say I am quite proficient at simple braids though. I need to learn to french braid.
  • laurajo521
    laurajo521 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Can I still make a confession? Please don't think any less of me, because this is horrible.

Whenever I go to the gym or when I am at the expo and/or starting line for a race, I look to see if there is someone bigger than me. And I never sign up for a race without checking the previous year's results to see if someone finished after my anticipated finish time. I know it's horrible, but I am still very self-conscious when it comes to exercising around other people.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    eta: thanks for the guy comment, i'm trying to not get discouraged! going out to meet a dude tonight, let's hope he's not crazy or meh! :)

I hope it goes better than the last two!

Chiming in here....your date is probably over already, hope it went well!

post date update:

met the dude at a tavern downtown. really super nice guy. had good conversation, were able to laugh and joke a lot, which is awesome. not creepy and not meh (woo!) lol

issues i'm currently trying to reconcile in my brain: (remember NO JUDGEMENT)
    - if i hadn't met him on a dating website, where orientation is posted, i would NEVER believe this guy is straight. i texted my friend (who is gay) that i was on a date with his straight doppelganger. so many times through out the night in my head i was just like, omg this is frank, i'm on a date with straight frank. boisterous, animated, like that always turned on and ready to take the stage personality.

- very very talkative. which isn't terrible, but he'd ask me something and half way through my story, he'd being going off on a tangent on something else, and completely cut me off. so like, a 3 minute story would take me like 10 minutes as i'd have to reel him back off the tangent, pick up where i left off and keep going. and the random tangents were funny and he had tons of interesting things to talk about, but seriously talked way more than me. way, way more.

- he's about an inch taller than me, and has a much more slender build. i'm quite "thick," i have tree trunk thighs that aren't going anywhere. so it's kinda like oh, here's dude and his fat girlfriend. and maybe that's dumb of me to think, but i do.

he did say he had a really good time and would like to see me again. which i might do to see if maybe he was just nervous/excited on the "first" date?

Glad he wasn't crazy.

I'd go out with him again and see how that goes. He may have been a nervous talker?

My husband is a little ADHD. He'll tell a story, go off on a tangent, and I have to reel him back in regularly. I've gotten used to that. That point hit home for me. LOL
    I also sometimes have to say, "Can I finish my story?" when he cuts me off. He doesn't even realize he's doing it.

That's different than somebody who's so stuck on himself that he won't listen to you...

My favorite story about my ex, who absolutely has ADHD and not just a little:
    We had just gotten back from the clinic where we found out I was pregnant. We were both panicked, trying to figure out what to do. He was saying that we had to get married, I was like "no way". I was crying. It was a mess. Then all of a sudden, he looks at me dead serious and asks "do you believe in aliens? Because I saw this show on TV about how aliens..." I was so dumbfounded. All I could do was crack up laughing.

LOL! OK, well it isn't that bad with my husband. He does sometimes interrupt important stories or real conversations to ask if I know where something is. Seriously? We're in the middle of a conversation here.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    How is tomorrow the day we leave for our belated honeymoon?! How did it get here so fast? I CANNOT wait to spend some serious quality time with the person I love most in this world. I don't think he knows what he's gotten himself into.

Have tons of fun & eatz allz the foodz!

I ate all the shrimp! I ate SO MUCH SHRIMP!!! B)

YOU'RE BACK! :D Welcome! Any shrimp left for us? I love shrimp so much... <3

I'm telling you, I ate it all. I even had the exact same dinner 2 nights in a row. It was so delicious. I found out, however, shrimp gives me terrible (stinky stinky) gas. Mr. Mo was not impressed. :blush:

Hahahahaha !!!

*front desk... do you have any Renuzit? Febreeze? Yankee candle? ANYTHING?!?!*
  • rungirl1973
    Options

ETA: I "learned" to date in my 40's. I never "dated" like that before, I didn't know how to do it. It was so fun and cool (and scary) to discover so much about myself. I was always 100% myself and clear that I was looking for a good relationship. I did work hard on keeping good boundaries and only dating men who didn't raise red flags.

What are some red flags for people?
    The one's I really looked for:

Very angry/resentful toward someone (i.e., ex, mother, sibling, etc.) even if deserved it should not come out in date #1 or #2.

Pushing for "cuddles" or anything else very quickly.

Not understanding what an appropriate level of activity for a first or second date would be (i.e. writing a song for me after one email exchange, planning a weekend away in another state for a second date.)

Not having an appropriate job for his age (i.e. I am in the middle age dating pool, I want to date someone not support him financially.)

What other red flags come to mind?

I may be able to come up with more but the pushing for cuddles one is the worst. I went on a date once with this guy who kept trying to hug and kiss me and it really freaked me out and grossed me out. I was like, "Dude, it's the first date." It was the octopus thing where they keep wrapping you up. Not a good sign.

I've been on a TON of dates who want to push things too far too fast. Definite red flag!

My favorite was the guy who, after our date ended at 10pm, texted me later that night to let me know how much fun he had and how his parents couldn't wait to meet me.

We were in our 30's and it was a first date.

Never went out with him again.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    How is tomorrow the day we leave for our belated honeymoon?! How did it get here so fast? I CANNOT wait to spend some serious quality time with the person I love most in this world. I don't think he knows what he's gotten himself into.

I've missed like the last 100000 posts or so and don't plan to go back to read but I hope ya had a great vacation with no mishaps back at home. :)

It was a wonderful vacation, at least once we left Wichita. Long story, I'll go into more detail later. No mishaps back home as far as the SD was concerned and she finally took that wretched cat. Where, I don't know, and don't really care. Sorry @Italian_Buju .

You all were chatty while I was gone. I skipped ahead, but I plan on going back to page 1105 and reading each and every post.

As promised, here's a picture of the prettiest ring I've ever seen, which just so happens to belong to me now. :smiley: Ignore my hairy fingers. I'm French, I can't help being hairy.

Awesome and glad for ya! Solid ring choice, Mr. Mo! And thin blonde finger hair doesn't count. ;)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! It really is the most gorgeous piece of jewelry I own, that's for sure. I was bummed because it was supposed to come in a couple days before we left, but they never called...or so I thought.

I told Mr. Mo I was disappointed because I was hoping to have my ring before we left so I could show it to my brother (who we were lucky enough to get to see while down there). He said he was bummed too, but at least I'd have something to look forward to when we got home.

Unbeknownst to me, that little turd picked it up the Wednesday before we left, and snuck it in his carryon. On our anniversary, we decided to go to breakfast, then do some shopping on another key, then go seashell, and shark tooth hunting. While on the beach hunting, he got a little ahead of me lower on the beach looking for shells while I'm still working my way down the hill. He turns around and asks me, "So, what do you think of this little one?" In the palm of his hand was my ring. It was so cute and romantic. He told me every time I mentioned being bummed about not having my ring ahead of time, he laughed to himself. He's such a brat sometimes.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Ugh...feeling like I'm going to cave in today and go redeem my free Blizzard from Dairy Queen...it expires in 3 days.

I would use it but that's just me. :) Just cut some calories each day to help with a deficit maybe?
    If I had a free blizzard coupon, it would have never got that close...unless it was 3 days away from expiring the day I got it :)
    Same. I signed up for the Marble Slab rewards program today and already plan on using the coupon they give you for signing up. :laugh:

Mmm We had marble slab in Texas...I make do with Cold Stone up here but it's not the same :(

Where I live in Texas we actually have both!! Marble Slab and Cold Stone!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! It really is the most gorgeous piece of jewelry I own, that's for sure. I was bummed because it was supposed to come in a couple days before we left, but they never called...or so I thought.

I told Mr. Mo I was disappointed because I was hoping to have my ring before we left so I could show it to my brother (who we were lucky enough to get to see while down there). He said he was bummed too, but at least I'd have something to look forward to when we got home.

Unbeknownst to me, that little turd picked it up the Wednesday before we left, and snuck it in his carryon. On our anniversary, we decided to go to breakfast, then do some shopping on another key, then go seashell, and shark tooth hunting. While on the beach hunting, he got a little ahead of me lower on the beach looking for shells while I'm still working my way down the hill. He turns around and asks me, "So, what do you think of this little one?" In the palm of his hand was my ring. It was so cute and romantic. He told me every time I mentioned being bummed about not having my ring ahead of time, he laughed to himself. He's such a brat sometimes.

That is one of the sweetest stories ever. Good job Mr Mo!!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

I've missed like the last 100000 posts or so and don't plan to go back to read but I hope ya had a great vacation with no mishaps back at home. :)

It was a wonderful vacation, at least once we left Wichita. Long story, I'll go into more detail later. No mishaps back home as far as the SD was concerned and she finally took that wretched cat. Where, I don't know, and don't really care. Sorry @Italian_Buju .

You all were chatty while I was gone. I skipped ahead, but I plan on going back to page 1105 and reading each and every post.

As promised, here's a picture of the prettiest ring I've ever seen, which just so happens to belong to me now. :smiley: Ignore my hairy fingers. I'm French, I can't help being hairy.

Beautiful! (I have hairy fingers too and I am not French)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

That ring is fabulous!! Lucky girl!!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options

What an awesome story! And the ring is fabulous! So happy for you both. Oh, did you end up getting him a watch? Sorry if you've already said. I can't keep up. Too busy at work.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

That is sososososo cute! Way to go Mr Mo!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Where has @suzieq_1994 been today? I miss her and just wanted to make sure she was ok.