Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to stay upbeat and positive about it, but I am so over this flare-up already. I WANT TO GET OFF THIS STUPID COUCH. BY MYSELF. :s

I'm pretty much at the most severe stage of the flare up right now--violent jerking convulsions of my upper body, an almost complete loss of balance and walking ability, and function impairment in my legs so that I can't even propel myself into a standing position alone. This stinks. *bratty pout*

(((Hugs))) It just seems so unfair to me that you have to go through this. Hope things are improving now.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    laurajo521 wrote: »
    Can I still make a confession? Please don't think any less of me, because this is horrible.

Whenever I go to the gym or when I am at the expo and/or starting line for a race, I look to see if there is someone bigger than me. And I never sign up for a race without checking the previous year's results to see if someone finished after my anticipated finish time. I know it's horrible, but I am still very self-conscious when it comes to exercising around other people.

I've done that, look at the finish times from previous years, especially for small town races.
    I also once finished a 15k dead last. I ran it in just under 1:30. Yeah, the people that weren't fast all ran the 5K that day. You know what? It really didn't matter. Everybody cheered for me when I finished.

ETA: I also won 2nd place in my age group that day. Out of 2, but I still count it a win.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    It makes me feel bad when I'm trying to eat healthy and people are eating fried, greasy, salty, sugary, etc. foods right in front of me. I know it shouldn't effect me so much, but it does :disappointed:

Just think of how it's affecting them. Expanding waistlines, clogged arteries, skin blemishes! Meanwhile, the healthy food you ate is high-fiving every component in your body. :)

I love that description! Too bad you didn't tell me that before I ordered the fried pickles and nachos last night and made myself feel like ick all day today...

LOL thanks. It's all I had! Funny cuz I was just eyeballing the fried pickles in the frozen section the other day and realized I had that brand before and found them to have waay too much breading on them.

That is a real thing? (Wrapping my mind around it.)

Fried pickles are delicious but I've never seen frozen ones. I would totally buy those for parties, I hate deep-frying stuff because it's so messy and makes the house stink.

These are the only frozen ones I have seen and I don't recommend them but as to avoid the lingering 'my house smells like a vat of oil' for the next week, I'd reconsider.

FarmRich-fried-pickles.jpg

I buy that brand of breaded mushrooms. You can bake them, but they still taste better fried. I may pan fry them instead of using an actual fryer...

Yeah I've had the brand before. Probably the mozzarella sticks that I recall being ok. I forget what else. I try to avoid that section of the freezer these days cuz it's just full of bad bad bad. lol
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 Praying for you and hoping you're better soon!!! ❤️

I have to reschedule my doctor's appointment because apparently the doctor won't be in the office that day. I'm hoping I can be seen soon because I'm at the end of my rope with my depression, anxiety, and other issues. I'm so over "faking it", I'm NOT happy and I'm NOT okay!

(((Hugs))) for you too... hope you can get some help SOON.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    How is tomorrow the day we leave for our belated honeymoon?! How did it get here so fast? I CANNOT wait to spend some serious quality time with the person I love most in this world. I don't think he knows what he's gotten himself into.

Have tons of fun & eatz allz the foodz!

I ate all the shrimp! I ate SO MUCH SHRIMP!!! B)

I've missed like the last 100000 posts or so and don't plan to go back to read but I hope ya had a great vacation with no mishaps back at home. :)

It was a wonderful vacation, at least once we left Wichita. Long story, I'll go into more detail later. No mishaps back home as far as the SD was concerned and she finally took that wretched cat. Where, I don't know, and don't really care. Sorry @Italian_Buju .

You all were chatty while I was gone. I skipped ahead, but I plan on going back to page 1105 and reading each and every post.

As promised, here's a picture of the prettiest ring I've ever seen, which just so happens to belong to me now. :smiley: Ignore my hairy fingers. I'm French, I can't help being hairy.

4b4k4rorz1pr.jpg

Gorgeous!!!!! Mr. Mo did so good!!!!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    How is tomorrow the day we leave for our belated honeymoon?! How did it get here so fast? I CANNOT wait to spend some serious quality time with the person I love most in this world. I don't think he knows what he's gotten himself into.

Have tons of fun & eatz allz the foodz!

I ate all the shrimp! I ate SO MUCH SHRIMP!!! B)

YOU'RE BACK! :D Welcome! Any shrimp left for us? I love shrimp so much... <3

I'm telling you, I ate it all. I even had the exact same dinner 2 nights in a row. It was so delicious. I found out, however, shrimp gives me terrible (stinky stinky) gas. Mr. Mo was not impressed. :blush:

Hahahahaha !!!

*front desk... do you have any Renuzit? Febreeze? Yankee candle? ANYTHING?!?!*

Shoot, I put up with his stinky butt all the time, he can put up with mine for a week. :smiley:

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 Praying for you and hoping you're better soon!!! ❤️

I have to reschedule my doctor's appointment because apparently the doctor won't be in the office that day. I'm hoping I can be seen soon because I'm at the end of my rope with my depression, anxiety, and other issues. I'm so over "faking it", I'm NOT happy and I'm NOT okay!

(((Hugs))) for you too... hope you can get some help SOON.

Thank you ❤️
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Thanks, everyone! It really is the most gorgeous piece of jewelry I own, that's for sure. I was bummed because it was supposed to come in a couple days before we left, but they never called...or so I thought.

I told Mr. Mo I was disappointed because I was hoping to have my ring before we left so I could show it to my brother (who we were lucky enough to get to see while down there). He said he was bummed too, but at least I'd have something to look forward to when we got home.

Unbeknownst to me, that little turd picked it up the Wednesday before we left, and snuck it in his carryon. On our anniversary, we decided to go to breakfast, then do some shopping on another key, then go seashell, and shark tooth hunting. While on the beach hunting, he got a little ahead of me lower on the beach looking for shells while I'm still working my way down the hill. He turns around and asks me, "So, what do you think of this little one?" In the palm of his hand was my ring. It was so cute and romantic. He told me every time I mentioned being bummed about not having my ring ahead of time, he laughed to himself. He's such a brat sometimes.

What an awesome story! And the ring is fabulous! So happy for you both. Oh, did you end up getting him a watch? Sorry if you've already said. I can't keep up. Too busy at work.

He made me tell Rachael the story because he wanted to hear I would be telling it to people. Silly man.

I was going to but he said he wouldn't wear a regular watch, so he opted for the Moto 360 smart watch, which I'm insanely jealous of now, and he absolutely LOVES!

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Can I still make a confession? Please don't think any less of me, because this is horrible.

Whenever I go to the gym or when I am at the expo and/or starting line for a race, I look to see if there is someone bigger than me. And I never sign up for a race without checking the previous year's results to see if someone finished after my anticipated finish time. I know it's horrible, but I am still very self-conscious when it comes to exercising around other people.

I do this everywhere!!! in meetings, training sessions, on the train, in restaurants

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Thanks, everyone! It really is the most gorgeous piece of jewelry I own, that's for sure. I was bummed because it was supposed to come in a couple days before we left, but they never called...or so I thought.

I told Mr. Mo I was disappointed because I was hoping to have my ring before we left so I could show it to my brother (who we were lucky enough to get to see while down there). He said he was bummed too, but at least I'd have something to look forward to when we got home.

Unbeknownst to me, that little turd picked it up the Wednesday before we left, and snuck it in his carryon. On our anniversary, we decided to go to breakfast, then do some shopping on another key, then go seashell, and shark tooth hunting. While on the beach hunting, he got a little ahead of me lower on the beach looking for shells while I'm still working my way down the hill. He turns around and asks me, "So, what do you think of this little one?" In the palm of his hand was my ring. It was so cute and romantic. He told me every time I mentioned being bummed about not having my ring ahead of time, he laughed to himself. He's such a brat sometimes.

What an awesome story! And the ring is fabulous! So happy for you both. Oh, did you end up getting him a watch? Sorry if you've already said. I can't keep up. Too busy at work.

He made me tell Rachael the story because he wanted to hear I would be telling it to people. Silly man.

I was going to but he said he wouldn't wear a regular watch, so he opted for the Moto 360 smart watch, which I'm insanely jealous of now, and he absolutely LOVES!

Great choice! So glad this all turned out so well for you!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    @MoHousdon Glad you had a great trip. Pretty ring. :)

Good to have you and @BZAH10 back.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Where has @suzieq_1994 been today? I miss her and just wanted to make sure she was ok.
    I was wondering that, too. Hope all is ok.
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Aw, that's really romantic. How sweet. Lovely ring, too.

• Tubbs216
    Options

I do this everywhere!!! in meetings, training sessions, on the train, in restaurants
    I have done this too. Not very nice, I know.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

I have done this too. Not very nice, I know.

I admit I too am guilty of this. :(
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    eta: thanks for the guy comment, i'm trying to not get discouraged! going out to meet a dude tonight, let's hope he's not crazy or meh! :)

I hope it goes better than the last two!

Chiming in here....your date is probably over already, hope it went well!

post date update:

met the dude at a tavern downtown. really super nice guy. had good conversation, were able to laugh and joke a lot, which is awesome. not creepy and not meh (woo!) lol

issues i'm currently trying to reconcile in my brain: (remember NO JUDGEMENT)
    - if i hadn't met him on a dating website, where orientation is posted, i would NEVER believe this guy is straight. i texted my friend (who is gay) that i was on a date with his straight doppelganger. so many times through out the night in my head i was just like, omg this is frank, i'm on a date with straight frank. boisterous, animated, like that always turned on and ready to take the stage personality.

- very very talkative. which isn't terrible, but he'd ask me something and half way through my story, he'd being going off on a tangent on something else, and completely cut me off. so like, a 3 minute story would take me like 10 minutes as i'd have to reel him back off the tangent, pick up where i left off and keep going. and the random tangents were funny and he had tons of interesting things to talk about, but seriously talked way more than me. way, way more.

- he's about an inch taller than me, and has a much more slender build. i'm quite "thick," i have tree trunk thighs that aren't going anywhere. so it's kinda like oh, here's dude and his fat girlfriend. and maybe that's dumb of me to think, but i do.

he did say he had a really good time and would like to see me again. which i might do to see if maybe he was just nervous/excited on the "first" date?

Glad he wasn't crazy.

I'd go out with him again and see how that goes. He may have been a nervous talker?

My husband is a little ADHD. He'll tell a story, go off on a tangent, and I have to reel him back in regularly. I've gotten used to that. That point hit home for me. LOL
    I also sometimes have to say, "Can I finish my story?" when he cuts me off. He doesn't even realize he's doing it.

That's different than somebody who's so stuck on himself that he won't listen to you...

My favorite story about my ex, who absolutely has ADHD and not just a little:
    We had just gotten back from the clinic where we found out I was pregnant. We were both panicked, trying to figure out what to do. He was saying that we had to get married, I was like "no way". I was crying. It was a mess. Then all of a sudden, he looks at me dead serious and asks "do you believe in aliens? Because I saw this show on TV about how aliens..." I was so dumbfounded. All I could do was crack up laughing.

Too funny!!!
    That is.

• Tubbs216
    edited July 2015
    Options
    StacyJ8888 wrote: »
    On Sunday I had myself a little tortilla chip and spinach and artichoke dip binge(no scales, no measuring, just me on the couch going to town with a bag of chips on my lap and a container of dip in my hands old school) and woke up to a 8 pounds woosh on Monday morning and feel like it was undeserved. I had a week long stall and slight bump upon the scale right before the woosh, I should be happy that I broke the stall, but I can't enjoy it...waiting for the scale to race back up..

Confession: Totally jealous!!! I want to eat chips and spinach dip and lose weight!!! :'(
    Oh god, me too. That kind of thing is how I got fat in the first place. Well, that and cake.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Talking of 'girly' things, I'm right there with you. I really need a new sewing machine and I want this one with the fire of a thousand suns. It's stupid expensive, and doesn't have all the features I need, but it's sooooo pretty....
    bymq5qabx0d6.jpg

I still need to learn how to run the one I own!!! My mother sewed a lot and I never learned from her before she passed. That is something truly missed out on.
    It makes me sad that my daughter has no interest in learning to sew. It brings me such pleasure, I'd love to share it with her.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Whatever motivates you is fine! Whenever I have a race, I pick one woman heavier than me and say "She is not going to finish before me." And then I push to make it so. Probably not the most politically correct motivation, but it's motivation and I'll take it!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Well done, Mr. Mo. Well done.