Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, checking in. I went camping over the weekend and it was pretty nice. It was my kid's first time camping in the actual outdoor woods. I know people do it, but I was very worried about camping with any babies, so this year was the first year I felt comfortable. They loved it, and I'm so glad because I plan on taking them out a lot this summer.

The thread is messed up for me and I lost my spot. If I missed anything someone said to me, I'm sorry. I haven't heard back from the police about my sister yet. I guess they don't care as much if someone pretends to be you as a witness instead of a criminal.

Thirdly - I saw someone mention Goodreads. If anyone wants to add me, you can! I love sharing books with friends.

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/8630108-amber

I added you. :)

My name is Tammy, and my Siamese kitty Max is my profile pic there.

https://goodreads.com/user/show/5477691-tammy

Yay! Awesome.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

KylerJaye wrote: »
    AND I made my first talenti purchase today!

I got my first one last Sunday. I got the Southern Butter Pecan and I liked it. What did you get?
    Sorry to hear about the crazy guy and meh guy…

the store i was at had an extremely limited variety, which bummed me out, but they were on sale so i found two to get!
    i went with caramel cookie crunch, but i don't remember what the other one was.
    haven't tried either one yet.

i also have a pint of that halo top everyone was talking about a few hundred pages ago, but haven't tried that yet either.

yup, total food hoarder....

eta: thanks for the guy comment, i'm trying to not get discouraged! going out to meet a dude tonight, let's hope he's not crazy or meh! :)
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    My name on goodreads Is Jody and I hope this link works https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/44563687-jody
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    Hi guys, checking in. I went camping over the weekend and it was pretty nice. It was my kid's first time camping in the actual outdoor woods. I know people do it, but I was very worried about camping with any babies, so this year was the first year I felt comfortable. They loved it, and I'm so glad because I plan on taking them out a lot this summer.

The thread is messed up for me and I lost my spot. If I missed anything someone said to me, I'm sorry. I haven't heard back from the police about my sister yet. I guess they don't care as much if someone pretends to be you as a witness instead of a criminal.

Thirdly - I saw someone mention Goodreads. If anyone wants to add me, you can! I love sharing books with friends.

Trying to fix so I can link...

Ok, I created a profile and added you both!

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/44563667

Hope this works to link to me

Nice! I think Goodreads gives much better book recommendations than Amazon. Amazon is always recommending books that I bought from them. I already read that!
  • berlynnwall
    Options

I got my first one last Sunday. I got the Southern Butter Pecan and I liked it. What did you get?

the store i was at had an extremely limited variety, which bummed me out, but they were on sale so i found two to get!
    i went with caramel cookie crunch, but i don't remember what the other one was.
    haven't tried either one yet.

i also have a pint of that halo top everyone was talking about a few hundred pages ago, but haven't tried that yet either.

yup, total food hoarder....

eta: thanks for the guy comment, i'm trying to not get discouraged! going out to meet a dude tonight, let's hope he's not crazy or meh! :)

Good luck on your date. There really are sane, interesting guys out there, don't give up!

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Geeez! Take a 4 day weekend and come back to more than 32 pages! I have to skip them. I did skim some pages as I was tagged a few times. Thanks @lilaclovebird for the info on sexual assault and to all who commented on my before and after pics - sorry I can't remember who all it was.
    Sorry I have missed so much and like I said I just skimmed some pages.
    @Italian_Buju I truly believe that when it is time for you lose weight you will know but YOU have to be ready to do it for YOU and not for some doctor or anyone else. Trust me, I tried many times for everyone else and it never worked and when I finally wanted it for ME, I was able to do it. I'd also like to add that I am so sorry you have so much to deal with. Maybe you should just focus on you and changing one small thing each week/day to move in the direction you want to be. It won't be so stressful and overwhelming that way.

my confession: I was really, really bad over the weekend, too much to eat, wrong things to eat, too much to drink. I did have a lot of activity, even hit the gym at our hotel two times, we went to Six Flags one day - lots of walking, and even so the scale is up 6lbs today! I know alot of it is water, (lots of salty foods and did I mention alcohol) but it was painful to see that damage this morning on the scale.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

going out to meet a dude tonight, let's hope he's not crazy or meh! :)

Good luck! Let us know how it goes, of course! :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I read a good book over the weekend. It is called What She left Behind by Ellen Marie Wiseman. Its about a young woman committed to an insane asylum in the 1930's by her father because she wouldn't marry who he wanted her too. Was so good I was sad when it ended

I'm going to add that to my Goodreads list. Sounds like it could be up my alley!

Me, too! I wonder if I order it off Amazon if it would arrive in time for my vacation?

ETA: I bought it and it's supposed to arrive by tomorrow. I love Amazon Prime! I also bought her other book, The Plum Tree, just because. Can't have too many books for vacation!

I have the kindle app for my tablet and Amazon has what is called Kindle Unlimited where for $9.95/month you can download up to 10 books at a time for that one price. Best thing ever!!

I also downloaded the Plum Tree . Going to start that one tonight lol

I've tried an e-reader. I just prefer real paper books...
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I read a good book over the weekend. It is called What She left Behind by Ellen Marie Wiseman. Its about a young woman committed to an insane asylum in the 1930's by her father because she wouldn't marry who he wanted her too. Was so good I was sad when it ended

I'm going to add that to my Goodreads list. Sounds like it could be up my alley!

Me, too! I wonder if I order it off Amazon if it would arrive in time for my vacation?

ETA: I bought it and it's supposed to arrive by tomorrow. I love Amazon Prime! I also bought her other book, The Plum Tree, just because. Can't have too many books for vacation!

I have the kindle app for my tablet and Amazon has what is called Kindle Unlimited where for $9.95/month you can download up to 10 books at a time for that one price. Best thing ever!!

Count me in as a real book reader. I got a kindle for christmas years ago, I just couldn't get into it. I recently signed up with the library in this City, man oh man I am in love all over again. So many books and so little time!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Trying to fix so I can link...

Ok, I created a profile and added you both!

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/44563667

Hope this works to link to me

Nice! I think Goodreads gives much better book recommendations than Amazon. Amazon is always recommending books that I bought from them. I already read that!

Ugh this happens to me too! Why?! So annoying!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Good luck have fun and be safe @kylerjaye!
  • berlynnwall
    Options

I usually do one of each. I read the real books in the daytime, and I read my kindle book at night so I can read in bed without bothering my husband with the light. I love real books and have a huge library, but I actually prefer to read really long books digitally - so much easier to hold. My library is partnered with two e-book apps - Overdrive and Hoopla - and I can borrow up to 10 titles from each each month. So nice.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Welcome back @bkhamill! I think lots of us have had to skim but so happy everyone keeps coming back woo hoo!! ❤️
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »

Count me in as a real book reader. I got a kindle for christmas years ago, I just couldn't get into it. I recently signed up with the library in this City, man oh man I am in love all over again. So many books and so little time!

I go back and forth. When I was traveling for work a lot more, I used the e-readers (I have both a Kindle and a Nook). That way, I didn't have to worry about being without a book if I finished one while I was on the road. I tend to check out real books from the library rather than checking them out through the e-reader. I do take advantage of all the freebies I get from Amazon Prime on the Kindle and still buy a few books for an e-reader when I don't want to wait for a popular new book from the library.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to stay upbeat and positive about it, but I am so over this flare-up already. I WANT TO GET OFF THIS STUPID COUCH. BY MYSELF. :s

I'm pretty much at the most severe stage of the flare up right now--violent jerking convulsions of my upper body, an almost complete loss of balance and walking ability, and function impairment in my legs so that I can't even propel myself into a standing position alone. This stinks. *bratty pout*
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to stay upbeat and positive about it, but I am so over this flare-up already. I WANT TO GET OFF THIS STUPID COUCH. BY MYSELF. :s

I'm pretty much at the most severe stage of the flare up right now--violent jerking convulsions of my upper body, an almost complete loss of balance and walking ability, and function impairment in my legs so that I can't even propel myself into a standing position alone. This stinks. *bratty pout*

So not fair!!! Prayers for you!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

I hope it goes better than the last two!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I posted Friday about not having any willpower lately...so I celebrated Independance Day by eating whatever I wanted all weekend. I am determined to get back on track now. I think I'm going to follow the advice I've read on here multiple times by taking this one thing/habit at a time. Starting with tracking all my food. This is probably the habit I most recently got out of so it makes sense to jump back into it 1st.

A little NSV tho, I usually wear a body shaping cami under everything. The last couple of weekends, and today, I was comfortable enough to skip it.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

Prayers and hugs for you. Does it just affect your lower body? Is your husband home?
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    @kecmw25 congrats in the NSV, that's exciting!