Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! I'm surprised that there are so many pages to catch up on. I'm currently working on it. :)

I had a good birthday. I actually got a swimming suit and swam for the first time in a LONG time. I swam Friday and Saturday before the storms rolled in. I got to see fireworks Thursday, Friday and Saturday (I love fireworks). I was able to eat bbq, s'mores and had a lot of fun. I'm sad it is over.

My boyfriend did hang out with me from Thursday to Sunday. We got along well. Last night we decided to take a break and he is going to work on himself. I think it is a good thing. I finally think he understands how hurt my heart was/is. I'm feeling better at least.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    HI ALL! I am back from my vacation in the Dominican Republic! It was pretty awesome, though sadly the beach (which got awesome reviews on TripAdvisor) was FULL of seaweed.

Does anyone have experience with scratched eyeballs? I'm terrified to go to the doctor because I hate people going anywhere near my eye :(

I’m glad you had some fun. That’s too bad that the beach was kind gross and you got burned.

I’ve had/have scratches on my eye from when I fell asleep in my contacts when I was in college. My eyes turned bright red and it felt like there was something still in my eye. I went to an eye doctor. It was about 10 years ago so I think they gave me some drops for my eyes to help heal them and I couldn't wear my contacts for a long time obviously. I will always have the scratches but it hasn't really hurt my vision or anything (long term). I really hope your eye feels better soon.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    @Italian_Buju thank you so much for sharing this.

i'm a hoarder. which i always have to quantify with "not like the ppl on the tv shows." they should have a hoarders show where the person has 30 jars of tomato sauce, 20 boxes of pasta, 100 rolls of paper towels, 120 rolls of tp, etc. etc.

but as long as i keep my place relatively clean, instead of having a problem, i'm just a Super Couponer!

i have a complete and total inability to throw anything that could potentially "be needed or used" someday. i still have massive regret and get upset when i think about when i was a teen, my mom made me go through all my stuff and trash everything i didn't use or need. being an angsty teen i trashed everything that was remotely kiddish, and now i'd give anything to go back and save some of my childhood things.

so now....i have great difficulty trashing anything that could potentially trigger some type of memory. so then i think, well i'll just go through and do a major clean out, then i get that terrible feeling in my gut, what if one day i miss this purse? i used it when i was in london, and i loved that time so much! then back in the bin it goes and i have way more "stuff" any person my age should have. *sigh*
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Hi all, Sorry I haven't been around. My relationship with my boyfriend imploded spectacularly on Wednesday night.

I’m so sorry. I hope that you guys can work things out.

Now that the beachy vacation is out of the way, my boyfriend and I are thinking about saving up to go to Japan for a long while. Honestly, I've been wanting to go there since I was very, very young.... so that sounds incredibly amazing to me. Japanese food is just the best (sushi... fresh ramen... yum).

You should! I had a trip all planned out in 2010 but when we were going to go in 2011 they had the earthquake so I figured I would hold off. I’m still excited to go someday.
    Japan and Italy are on my to-do list.

kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Well wishes for our little kitten Skye are welcomed today. She doesn't seem to be feeling well.

I hope that she gets better. Make sure you monitor her. We had a cat that had eaten a piece of his cat toy and it got stuck in his intestines and he stopped eating and laid around. If he doesn’t get better, I would say to make sure to take her in to get checked. Since I'm behind, hopefully Skye is feeling better now.

ythannah wrote: »
    @nonoelmo "all muscle" lol
    91sVhdH.jpg

I can't find the picture! :'( Trying to navigate this thread on a phone sucks!
    I can’t see the picture. That happens every now and then to me (I’m on a computer though).

• kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Just to illustrate how weird I am, this morning on my run I had a stretch of 3 songs that went like this:

Sold (Grundy County Auction) by John Michael Montgomery
    Still Not A Player by Big Punisher
    Thunder Kiss '65 by White Zombie

I also think this dates me a little.

Please don't judge that I haven't figured out how to use the shuffle on my iPhone

Totally sounds like my playlist. Sold by JMM, then Adrenaline by Shinedown, then maybe Bad by Michael Jackson.

That makes me feel...less weird :)

My playlist on my exercise soundtrack includes such renowned hits like

1. Ninja Rap-Vanilla Ice
    2. U Can't Touch This-MC Hammer
    3. Good Vibrations-Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch

I think I may have to add a little Marky Mark to my playlist :)
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    @kelly_c_77 I hope kitty is doing well.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    I confess that when I see people saying they're mentally adding up things that the fat people they know are eating I kind of want to strangle them, just a little bit. It is almost always stated as a, "And they eat 2000 calories of McDonald's and sugar soda for lunch every day and then wonder why they can't lose weight!" I know it probably isn't everyone, but I've had many occasions where people told me to my face that I would get even fatter if I kept drinking my calorie laden soda. I even had a college professor point me out to the full classroom (I really did want the floor to swallow me that day) and say that my soda is why Americans are fat. Every time this happened I had to look at the can of soda I had and make sure it hadn't swapped from Coke Zero (which I love) into Cpt. Thunder Thighs delightfully decadent Fat Bomb instant weight gain guaranteed TM or your money back!

E.T.A. And I've just read a post where the person asks why overweight people only drink diet soda in public. Can't win no matter what you do.

bwahahahahahahahaha
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I'm caught up after the long weekend.

@Susieq_1994 - I hope the flare up gets better soon!
    @Italian_Buju - I had no idea about OCD.
    @orangesmartie - You are super great and I'm glad you have a better attitude today!
    @FluffySandwich - Glad you had a good time and glad you're back!
    @FroggyBug - Glad you are feeling better.
    @MoHousdon - Glad you had a great time on vacation and hopefully we'll see you on here sometime today!

I agree with putting goals in the Fitbit thread. I actually typed that out last week, but then erased it instead of posting because wasn't sure how it would be received by the group. Also, @Glinda1971, love the picture thread! It's understandable that people don't want to fragment the group, but I don't think that will happen. Hopefully it will make it easier to keep up with the thread, and then when you have some free time you can pop over and check out new pictures, recipes, etc. That is my feeling on the whole thing. Does anyone else have an opinion on this? Think we should go with the majority here.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Hi everyone!!! I'm surprised that there are so many pages to catch up on. I'm currently working on it. :)

I had a good birthday. I actually got a swimming suit and swam for the first time in a LONG time. I swam Friday and Saturday before the storms rolled in. I got to see fireworks Thursday, Friday and Saturday (I love fireworks). I was able to eat bbq, s'mores and had a lot of fun. I'm sad it is over.

My boyfriend did hang out with me from Thursday to Sunday. We got along well. Last night we decided to take a break and he is going to work on himself. I think it is a good thing. I finally think he understands how hurt my heart was/is. I'm feeling better at least.

So glad you had a good birthday. I think it's great that you were able to come to a decision together to take a break, and that you had the good weekend first. Taking a break after a screaming match would have been much more painful, I think. Glad you're feeling better about things.
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    May not be appropriate for @Susieq_1994!

Confession: I found out last night that a friend I used to work with has just been charged with second-degree murder of his wife, who has been missing since November. I'm having a hard time and am absolutely shocked, and still don't really believe it, even though the police quotes say he's been concealing the body at his home for the past 8 months. It just doesn't seem to compute at all against the person I remember.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    My weekend was great! My daughter came to visit on Friday, and she's not leaving until tomorrow. I'm making her go to the doctor in the morning. She's so depressed, I think she's cried about 25% of every day she's been here. It hurts my heart.

We had BBQ pork steaks and fried potatoes on Friday evening, and a pot roast and homemade dumplings yesterday and brownies with ice cream. Yeah, I made some of the favorite comfort foods. We had fireworks at home Friday night and last night, and saw the fireworks in Nashville on the 4th. Also, we all drank too much that day. Ugh.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    May not be appropriate for @Susieq_1994!

Confession: I found out last night that a friend I used to work with has just been charged with second-degree murder of his wife, who has been missing since November. I'm having a hard time and am absolutely shocked, and still don't really believe it, even though the police quotes say he's been concealing the body at his home for the past 8 months. It just doesn't seem to compute at all against the person I remember.

Wow. That's crazy.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I found a couple of me in full blob stage:
    (nose pressed against the playpen...)

These pictures made me laugh (removed it but left the quote) ^
    Cute kid pictures everyone.

Confession: I've been trying SO HARD lately to smother this depression that's been at my throat for quite a while now, and it's been so impossible no matter what I do. Exercise, keeping busy, housework, reading, prayer... Nothing seems to help for more than an hour or so. I'm so frustrated about it right now, and I just want to cry and give up--dealing with depression is a horrible, horrible thing.
    Sorry to be such a downer, but I just felt like I needed to get it out. :( I'm so sick and tired of feeling this way.

That is super frustrating. I really wish there was more we could do but we are here for you to vent to as needed. Just try to keep all the good things you do have in mind when things get tough.

I don’t know if you remember but I have problems with medications for depression/bipolar and I’ve tried different therapies over the years so I get frustrated because I don’t know what else to try either. I just try to write my feelings out to vent as needed and remember the good things I do have (even though it’s hard to think of them when you are so down). I'm right there with you. We need to just take one day at a time...

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I got left home alone yesterday while husband and roommate went to a friend's house and I got SO MUCH DONE. I reorganized my closet, did a kettlebell workout, deep-conditioned my hair, walked to the grocery store for some vegetables we needed, took the car to the car wash and vacuumed and cleaned out the inside too (I enjoy drive-through car washes - it's where I practice all my best karaoke songs. Including "9 to 5" by Dolly Parton into my regular rotation after yesterday. I'm not a country kind of girl but I love Dolly), wiped down all the baseboards, and finished a book. I cleaned my rings too and I can't stop looking at them, they look totally different and so shiny.

IMG_3042_zpsmgkuesk5.jpg

I also think I'm finally setting into the swing of a real calorie deficit again after having so much trouble with it over the past few weeks. I've been way more consistent and my pants are fitting a lot better already, which is a huge relief. A couple more weeks and I'll be okay with being seen in a swimsuit again, I think.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I got left home alone yesterday while husband and roommate went to a friend's house and I got SO MUCH DONE. I reorganized my closet, did a kettlebell workout, deep-conditioned my hair, walked to the grocery store for some vegetables we needed, took the car to the car wash and vacuumed and cleaned out the inside too (I enjoy drive-through car washes - it's where I practice all my best karaoke songs. Including "9 to 5" by Dolly Parton into my regular rotation after yesterday. I'm not a country kind of girl but I love Dolly), wiped down all the baseboards, and finished a book. I cleaned my rings too and I can't stop looking at them, they look totally different and so shiny.

I also think I'm finally setting into the swing of a real calorie deficit again after having so much trouble with it over the past few weeks. I've been way more consistent and my pants are fitting a lot better already, which is a huge relief. A couple more weeks and I'll be okay with being seen in a swimsuit again, I think.

Sounds like a successful day! I love Dolly and that song and that movie!! I can't see the pictures you posted unfortunately. Thinking it has something to do with work internet settings because there are lots of pictures I can't see.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Home after my beach holiday and I am exhausted. The sun takes a lot out of you. Did get some beach walking done, but not as much as I should have. I missed my lifting over the weekend as well. I did get to play photographer at a small impromtu beach wedding! That was fun. After some wonderful fresh, although fried, fish and bbq ribs over the weekend, and lots of beer, it is time to get cracking!!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    @pofoster21 ohhh that looks evil! Bad spot too as you're always bending your knee and it takes forever to heal.
    Yes. Ouch!!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

Glad you had a great birthday weekend! I also think it is great that you got to spend time with the bf and that you guys were able to come to an agreement on how to deal with things. Feeling better is good!!! :)

@pofoster21, ouch! Hope it heals quickly!

@quiksylver296, have a great vacation!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

Sounds like a successful day! I love Dolly and that song and that movie!! I can't see the pictures you posted unfortunately. Thinking it has something to do with work internet settings because there are lots of pictures I can't see.

It's just my shiny rings, totally not relevant.

I hotlink photos from a photobucket account, so it wouldn't surprise me if your work internet blocked them.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I'm caught up after the long weekend.

@Susieq_1994 - I hope the flare up gets better soon!
    @Italian_Buju - I had no idea about OCD.
    @orangesmartie - You are super great and I'm glad you have a better attitude today!
    @FluffySandwich - Glad you had a good time and glad you're back!
    @FroggyBug - Glad you are feeling better.
    @MoHousdon - Glad you had a great time on vacation and hopefully we'll see you on here sometime today!

I agree with putting goals in the Fitbit thread. I actually typed that out last week, but then erased it instead of posting because wasn't sure how it would be received by the group. Also, @Glinda1971, love the picture thread! It's understandable that people don't want to fragment the group, but I don't think that will happen. Hopefully it will make it easier to keep up with the thread, and then when you have some free time you can pop over and check out new pictures, recipes, etc. That is my feeling on the whole thing. Does anyone else have an opinion on this? Think we should go with the majority here.

I agree with this. :) I think it will keep this thread from becoming overcrowded with pictures, recipes, etc., making it a little easier to keep up with important posts that need responses. :)