Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @pofoster21 how did dinner go?

Thank for asking! It went well...the pasta was great and the cesear salad wasn't quite as good as in the past (not enough garlic on croutons) but they had never had it before so didn't know. :wink:

I did stay up too late and had more wine than planned but we had a good time and I may not see them again for a few years so oh well. But getting up at 3 am drive 3 hours to ride at 7 was hard!

Glad it went well. Also glad you made it home safely!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Thank you @Glinda1971, @Tubbs216, @kellyjellybellyjelly, and @Italian_Buju! I just posted my results over in the Batcave. Final steps were 46,241 and mileage was 24.03. My hips are kind of sore from it so today I will take it easy.
    Oh and I also got some extra sleep which I have been trying to do... almost 8 hours last night!!!! That's crazy for me!

Wow, good for you on the steps! You are my fitbit Hero!!

@pofoster21 sorry about your knee. Haven't seen a pic yet if you posted one, but I'm only on 1173.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    I ran into him about a month and a half into my journey and I could see him thinking I was fat. The next time I see him, I won't be. I'm a little ashamed that that is motivating me.

I really don't think it matters what one's motivation is as long as you keep going... your body doesn't know why you're doing it, only the result counts!

I've spent way too many years of my adult life in emotionally abusive relationships... I'm sorry that happened to you.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I confess that since I've lost the last ten pounds or so my chair makes horrible fart noises if I'm not careful. I am not talking little squeakers either. We're talking loud fog horn, butt cheeks clapping in the wind that never ends fart noises. It is so embarrassing and I don't really know what is causing it.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi all, I am very sorry to report that I did not achieve my mountain climb. I was turned back by the event team at 800 metres/3 miles up on medical/safety grounds.

Essentially, I did not have the mental/emotional reserves I needed to make it through the toughest part of the terrain, and physical exertion meant that I randomly kept falling over. Even while standing still.

The climb/terrain in itself was horrendous. Huge big uneven boulders to be climbed over the entire way meant that no stride or rhythm could be set or achieved. However. I made it through the first check Point ahead of schedule, but faltered on the way to the second.

I could make some more excuses. Such as the strain of being in the dark and having to keep head down so I could light my next step, or the difficulty in doing some bits alone, or that I did not enjoy a single step I took on that mountain, but I won't. It was a challenge that is beyond my current capabilities.

In my heart of hearts, I can honestly say that I did everything I could in training and preparing for this challenge, until this last week, where personal events took over.

The thought of all of you here, and letting you down kept me going for a long way and I apologise for letting you down.

If you made a donation, you can apply for a refund via the justgiving website.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I've had a really hard time at setting and keeping goals, but for today:
    -Drink more water (at least 8 cups but more is good)
    -make better choices when going out (Raelynn and I go with my uncles and mom every Sunday to visit my Mema at the nursing home. We always go out to eat afterwards.)
    -get some exercise today (I'm thinking about a family walk this evening before dinner.)

I've gotta make up for the copious amounts of Pepsi, pulled pork sandwiches, and beer I had yesterday lol! ;)
  • Kalici
    Options
    Hi all, I am very sorry to report that I did not achieve my mountain climb. I was turned back by the event team at 800 metres/3 miles up on medical/safety grounds.

Essentially, I did not have the mental/emotional reserves I needed to make it through the toughest part of the terrain, and physical exertion meant that I randomly kept falling over. Even while standing still.

The climb/terrain in itself was horrendous. Huge big uneven boulders to be climbed over the entire way meant that no stride or rhythm could be set or achieved. However. I made it through the first check Point ahead of schedule, but faltered on the way to the second.

I could make some more excuses. Such as the strain of being in the dark and having to keep head down so I could light my next step, or the difficulty in doing some bits alone, or that I did not enjoy a single step I took on that mountain, but I won't. It was a challenge that is beyond my current capabilities.

In my heart of hearts, I can honestly say that I did everything I could in training and preparing for this challenge, until this last week, where personal events took over.

The thought of all of you here, and letting you down kept me going for a long way and I apologise for letting you down.

You didn't let anyone down. No one can do every thing right this second, we have to work for it. You did work for it and you did wonderful being able to do the amount that you did. Next time you'll get a little further. I think you should be celebrating the distance you went on a rough, nasty terrain instead of down on yourself for not being able to complete the entirety right this second. I'm proud of you in any case.
  • Kalici
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I confess that when I see people saying they're mentally adding up things that the fat people they know are eating I kind of want to strangle them, just a little bit. It is almost always stated as a, "And they eat 2000 calories of McDonald's and sugar soda for lunch every day and then wonder why they can't lose weight!" I know it probably isn't everyone, but I've had many occasions where people told me to my face that I would get even fatter if I kept drinking my calorie laden soda. I even had a college professor point me out to the full classroom (I really did want the floor to swallow me that day) and say that my soda is why Americans are fat. Every time this happened I had to look at the can of soda I had and make sure it hadn't swapped from Coke Zero (which I love) into Cpt. Thunder Thighs delightfully decadent Fat Bomb instant weight gain guaranteed TM or your money back!

E.T.A. And I've just read a post where the person asks why overweight people only drink diet soda in public. Can't win no matter what you do.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    @Italian_Buju, thanks for opening up about your OCD. Hugs!

Thanks! I was more trying to inform than talk about me directly, but I guess it was a combo post lol
    It was definitely informative. The human brain is such a strange and wonderful thing!

Glad you had a great visit with your family. I hope the floor replacement goes smoothly - what are you having put down?

Just plain kitchen tiles.....I won't be here, but both my kids and my daughter's boyfriend will be....I am working a long shift tomorrow, which is a good thing cuz I would be stressed if I was here.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Well wishes for our little kitten Skye are welcomed today. She doesn't seem to be feeling well. Yesterday, she only ate a few bites of her dinner and definitely is wayyy more calm than her usual crazy self. This morning, she ate a teeny bit of food and then just slowly walked away...uninterested. I offered her some wet food and she ate a decent amount of it (at two separate points) a little later. She's just laying around though...so out of character. I'll watch her the rest of the day and make sure she continues eating (even if just a little) but will definitely make a vet appointment if she doesn't improve. It's so weird seeing her like this. :(

I hope she is feeling better. I agree with other folks...if she is not take her to a vet. It takes a lot of a cat to exhibit illness symptoms, if she is showing them she probably needs medical attention.

Thank you and @Italian_Buju (for asking earlier)...she is continuing to eat small amounts of the wet food when offered....but not interested in her regular dry food. She is drinking normally..and her trips to the litter box are normal. She has done a few things that are more her regular behavior...but she is still "off" and quite relaxed/lazy. Our vet is closed today for the holiday...but a trip to the emergency vet would never be ruled out if need be. If all stays ok for the today, we will get through today and then set up a check up at the regular vet for tomorrow to have her looked at.

How is she feeling tonight? Any changes??

She is a little more like herself..but still not interested in her regular food (will take only a few nibbles). She will take the wet food every time it's offered...but only small amounts...still not the amount she should or would normally eat. Her behavior is still pretty mopey/lazy for the most part although we've seen her do a few things that make us think she's feeling better/more like herself. Our vet is open again this morning (was closed because of the 4th) so I will give them a call and try to set up a check up for her...especially if she is the same towards her breakfast (we feed the cats at 6:15...so I should know in an hour how she's feeling. Thank you for asking! I'll keep you all updated!
    Yes, please do!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Thank you @Glinda1971, @Tubbs216, @kellyjellybellyjelly, and @Italian_Buju! I just posted my results over in the Batcave. Final steps were 46,241 and mileage was 24.03. My hips are kind of sore from it so today I will take it easy.
    Oh and I also got some extra sleep which I have been trying to do... almost 8 hours last night!!!! That's crazy for me!

That's an amazing step count--I don't think I'd get that many if I walked from sun-up to sundown! ;)

Me either!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Well, I managed to break the quote by accidentally deleting more than I meant to. But anyhow, these were yesterday's goals:

- 30+ minutes of exercise. (Done! 70 minutes. :))
    - Climb at least 6 flights of stairs. (3 up, 3 down) (Not done. Not a single stair was climbed.)
    - Meet my calorie goal as closely as I can. (Done! With the help of a pizza base slathered in peanut butter...)
    - Drink a minimum of 8 cups of water. (I cut it really close, having only 6 cups around midnight, but with some quick glugging... Done!)
    - Finish up the laundry, which I didn't touch yesterday. (About half done. I washed and hung a bunch of socks, but didn't touch the ironing as usual. ;))

I skipped the stairs on purpose, for two reasons:
    1) I'm a brat who wants a good weigh-in on Monday. My ankles were kind of sore and swollenish, so I wanted to give the water retention some time to go down by resting the stairs for a bit.

2) My health is iffy at the best of times, and pushing it too hard is a surefire FND trigger. I don't want to be bedridden for the next few days, and doing my exercise + long walk + stairs for two days in a row has left my body threatening to flare up. I could feel it coming on, so I took it easy (which I had better do today as well, to be on the safe side.)

So, today's goals!
    - Exercise for 30+ minutes.
    - Drink tons of water--I'm aiming for 2.5 liters/10 cups today.
    - Eat as close to my calorie goal as possible--my weekly net resets tomorrow and I don't want to leave any behind. ;)
    - Don't do anything stupid that will make me sick. <--- I have a bad habit of doing this when I feel myself declining.
    - Do some more laundry (Looking at you, ironing... *sigh*)
    - Try to stay active by moving around the house and doing household tasks.

Baby goals for today, but better than no goals! :)

May I ask like what? Like are we talking over doing it, or doing someone purposely harmful?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Goals for today:

10k steps
    Finish the laundry
    Finish cutting the 3 acres of lawn we have. At least we have a riding mower, I wish we had a horse herd.

I've decided I'm not going into work. I have enough stuff to do around here. As long as the other person in my office doesn't call in again tomorrow I should be caught up by the end of the week.

I think that is wise.....it is not fair that you overwhelm yourself at home because you are short at work....

The nap did mess me up some, but not terrible....I didnt get good sleep until pretty late, even with a sleeping pill....and slept in until 10:30....so as long as I can sleep tonight I will be ok, cuz I have to get up at 5:20am for work tomorrow.

I am gonna make sure we have dinner early and move my kitchen stuff around so I am not stressing about it later and having it affect my sleep!
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 Thursday is my rest day because Friday is my weigh in. So I'm a brat too. ;)

That's good that you took it easier yesterday if your condition was going to flare up. Exercise is for health not to make you unwell.

I think that you did really well to get that far, it's definitely not easy and you gave it your best. You haven't let anyone down - I wouldn't want any money back because you've still done something a lot of people couldn't to raise money for a good cause. And the medical folk wouldn't turn you round for no good reason and your safety needs to come first. For your sake and theirs. Be proud of what you have achieved.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »

You didn't let anyone down. No one can do every thing right this second, we have to work for it. You did work for it and you did wonderful being able to do the amount that you did. Next time you'll get a little further. I think you should be celebrating the distance you went on a rough, nasty terrain instead of down on yourself for not being able to complete the entirety right this second. I'm proud of you in any case.
    Absolutely! Congratulations for getting as far as you did. Please don't be hard on yourself.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    @Italian_Buju, thanks for opening up about your OCD. Hugs!

Thanks! I was more trying to inform than talk about me directly, but I guess it was a combo post lol
    It was definitely informative. The human brain is such a strange and wonderful thing!

Glad you had a great visit with your family. I hope the floor replacement goes smoothly - what are you having put down?

Just plain kitchen tiles.....I won't be here, but both my kids and my daughter's boyfriend will be....I am working a long shift tomorrow, which is a good thing cuz I would be stressed if I was here.....
    Nice!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I'm having a hard time getting back to sticking within my calories since I got back from vacation. I took the rest of last week off from logging and the only day I have not gone over is Monday. I had a snack at like 10 PM last night and was going to be fine but then I decided to eat a chocolate chip muffin, chips, pretzels, and candy. Totally self-sabotaged my workout and day of healthy-ish eating. I did not really try to stop myself or muster up some willpower. Sigh. Today's a new day. I think I'm gonna do my workouts and "start fresh" with the eating on Monday since I know I'm going to pig out on Saturday.

Non-MFP/eating confession:

My most embarrassing moment is so embarrassing that I've only told three people in the eight years since it happened. I'm mostly taking it to the grave. All I'll say is that it happened in high school.

Oh, now we are dying to know!

I know it's evil of me to mention it without telling, but I just can't! It's too embarrassing! I've had quite a few of those moments, but at least I never accidentally called a teacher "mom." I have that going for me. ;)

Haha, I've called a teacher "mom" once...maybe twice. Pretty embarrassing!

LOL! One time I was fighting with my mom on the phone & then an interviewer called to let me know when my interview was & I accidentally said love you bye to them. I bet they thought what a weirdo!

Haha, that's the worst!
    I once had a text from my son saying "Love you too", followed up quickly by "Sorry, that was meant for someone else" :|

Did he tell you who it WAS meant for? Did he have a girlfriend?
    Yes, he had a kind-of girlfriend who I didn't know much about. That's how I found out they were a little closer than I'd previously known!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Since I'm tying to own this page I'll confess something.

I've started calorie counting numerous times and always gave it up after a couple months. Even trying to lose weight for my wedding last year wasn't enough motivation. So I was thinking about what has changed this time - I'm still going strong after 4 months. My motivations and reasons this time are:

1. Trying to look good as the MOH for my sister's wedding in September.
    2. I'm actually happy for the first time in my life. Well, content maybe is more the word.
    3. My husband loves me for me, but I want to be the best me I can be for him.
    4. I care about me for a change.

And the 5th and final reason that makes this a confession:

Between the ages of 15 and 21, I had a very emotionally abusive boyfriend. I was "stupid, fat and ugly" and he liked to call me bozo the clown. He was physically abusive once and even that didn't make me leave. (Self-esteem issues much?) The final thing that broke us up for good was when he went hunting with my dad and my brother, said some pretty disgusting things about me apparently and got into a fist fight with my brother.

I ran into him about a month and a half into my journey and I could see him thinking I was fat. The next time I see him, I won't be. I'm a little ashamed that that is motivating me.

My low self esteem issues were indirectly caused by my big brother as well - nobody was allowed to date me. When everyone else is dating (I lived in a very small rural community) and nobody wants to date you, you think there must be something wrong with you. I didn't find out about my brother's edict until I was well into my 20's.

Sorry that was so long.

I am sorry that happened to you! Whatever motivates you works, do not judge yourself! That falls under no judgement too! ;)
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I forgot one other reason this attempt is being more successful:

I have this super great community of supportive friends cheering me on.

Yes you do! I am hoping this will also help me this time around!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    That is me in my wedding dress.
    (Edited out picture)
    I love your dress!
    I don't think it matters where we take our motivation from - everyone has to find it somewhere, and it can't always be 'noble' health-related reasons. Sometimes it's envy, or vanity, or revenge or just sheer exhaustion with being heavy for another year. Don't feel bad about your reason.