Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    May not be appropriate for @Susieq_1994!

Confession: I found out last night that a friend I used to work with has just been charged with second-degree murder of his wife, who has been missing since November. I'm having a hard time and am absolutely shocked, and still don't really believe it, even though the police quotes say he's been concealing the body at his home for the past 8 months. It just doesn't seem to compute at all against the person I remember.

While appreciated, I'm not sure what about this post needed a warning for me honestly. :) I made it clear that profane language is extremely disturbing to me, but I never mentioned anything about violence.

As for the story, sometimes you never really know people that you thought you knew.
  • prettyleelee
    prettyleelee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I cheated on Saturday oh how I cheated. I didn't even watch what I was eating and ended up over 2500 calories for the day. I felt absolutely horrible but it didn't make me stop because I at reeses pieces after. I absolutely wanted to puke when I got home.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @kelly_c_77 I hope kitty is doing well.

Thank you and the others who have mentioned her well being.. she is much better today...I'd say 90% "normal"... we'll probably still get her into the vet for a general check up just to be sure.
    @FroggyBug, one of our other cats, Scrappy, has had surgery twice now to remove foreign objects. He loves to chew/eat things that he's not supposed to....anything made of foam and skinny cords. Phone charger cords, earbuds cords, Christmas lights, our son's monitor charging cord are some of his favorites. We used to have a large foam mat under a rug that was underneath our treadmill. The rug was only a bit bigger than the foam mat (about an extra inch over the edges of the mat on all sides). Anyway, he would lift up the corners of the rug and chew off pieces of the mat...two separate times, about 6 months apart from each other, he actually swallowed chunks of the mat and they got lodged in his intestines. We wouldn't know until he would get sick after any time he ate or drank..because nothing could pass through...it all had to come back up.
    So yeah, lots of experience with that sort of thing. Skye is holding everything down..just not overly interested in her regular food.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Thank you @Susieq_1994 for explaining speculoos!! Heaven in my mouth!! ❤️

I think I could eat half a jar of that a day quite happily, if I didn't care about my body. It is SO GOOD. I've never figured out what to put it on besides a spoon though :lol:
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Had a good visit with my sister and her family, and my sister's friend and her family.

Glad to hear everything went well with the family.

Also, I read the OCD post you had. Thanks for all the information. I don’t know if I have OCD but there are a couple things that I can relate to. I have hoarder tendencies too. I have a really hard time getting rid of anything so I have boxes of things that I never use but I don’t want to get rid of because they were either gifts and I’d feel bad for getting rid of them or I might need/use them in the future. I have clothes from when I was skinny and clothes from when I was bigger than I am now. I need to get rid of them all. I have so many shampoos/cleaning supplies as well. I don’t think I can even use all of it. I’m trying to get better about using something up before buying more. I also like to have extras just in case something breaks. I’m running out of space.
    I always have to have hand sanitizer near me and if someone coughs or sneezes near me I freak out and use tons of it. I hate germs/being sick/doctors etc. I use sanitizer all the time. I know it’s bad but I can’t help it.
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    So, he sounds pretty great. Maybe its time to let this go and just tell yourself he treats every day as if its Mothers Day and like you are special and on the day itself just schedule and do something wonderful for yourself. Being angry sounds like wasted energy and think of this...if he flew off this week and his plane crashed, and the last memories you have of him were these tense weeks...would that be the way you would want it to be? Wouldn't you regret that you put aside all these great things he does, and just focused on this one little thing (because in the end Mother's Day is just a man-made holiday... and probably so not worth this mental and emotional effort).
    Not trying to make you angry, just trying to get you a different perspective. :)

I can see both sides of this. I get where Italian_Buju is coming from because it is so frustrating when you communicate to a guy about things that bother you and nothing changes. All we ask for sometimes is a little effort. If she let him know for years that something bothered her and nothing changes, that seems to show that he isn’t listening very well.

I can also see the viewpoint above. He does sounds like a nice person overall.
  • Susieq_1994
    edited July 2015
    Options

I told you!! ;) I LOVE the stuff. Soooo amazingly good! <3
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

Confession: I found out last night that a friend I used to work with has just been charged with second-degree murder of his wife, who has been missing since November. I'm having a hard time and am absolutely shocked, and still don't really believe it, even though the police quotes say he's been concealing the body at his home for the past 8 months. It just doesn't seem to compute at all against the person I remember.

HOLY! That's crazy...I would have a hard time believing it too! That's insane!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Whoa! That's really freaky!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I cheated on Saturday oh how I cheated. I didn't even watch what I was eating and ended up over 2500 calories for the day. I felt absolutely horrible but it didn't make me stop because I at reeses pieces after. I absolutely wanted to puke when I got home.

Time for a hard reset! You can do it!
  • peleroja
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

We must live in the same province, @hnsaunde. The murdered woman was a friend of a friend and my Facebook is blowing up this morning about this. From what I've read, you're not the only one who would never have suspected him...but I guess that's the thing about the kind of person who can do something like this, right? There's usually a personality disorder involved that means the person is a very, very good liar and a master manipulator.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! Made it back from our camping trip safe and sound and all caught up in the thread. Lots of sunshine and lots of fun with my little man but I was glad to get home. Is it weird to say I missed all you guys. Cause I did!!

• Susieq_1994
    edited July 2015
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

I think I could eat half a jar of that a day quite happily, if I didn't care about my body. It is SO GOOD. I've never figured out what to put it on besides a spoon though :lol:

So true.

Evil, calorie-blasting tip (I gave this tip way, way, way earlier in the thread and I'm pretty sure it was quiksylver who said she hated me for it... ;)):

- Graham crackers or digestive biscuits
    - Softened cream cheese, a bit of sugar, vanilla, and a bit of sweetened condensed milk if you have any on hand. Mix well until soft.
    - Spread crackers with some cookie butter and use the cream cheese mixture as a dip. Instant cheesecake! ;)
    - Proceed to pig out and hate me forever.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

Same. I THINK I may have put it on a graham cracker once...but maybe not. Pretty sure I have only used a spoon.
  • peleroja
    Options

So true.

Evil, calorie-blasting tip (I gave this tip way, way, way earlier in the thread and I'm pretty sure it was quiksylver who said she hated me for it... ;)):

- Graham crackers or digestive biscuits
    - Softened cream cheese, a bit of sugar, vanilla, and a bit of sweetened condensed milk if you have any on hand. Mix well until soft.
    - Spread crackers with some cookie butter and use the cream cheese mixture as a dip. Instant cheesecake! ;)
    - Proceed to pig out and hate me forever.

I don't think that kind of eating is in the cards for me, but it does sound good.

It just occurred to me that it would be great on crisp green apples though, what with the cinnamon and all.
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options

While appreciated, I'm not sure what about this post needed a warning for me honestly. :) I made it clear that profane language is extremely disturbing to me, but I never mentioned anything about violence.

As for the story, sometimes you never really know people that you thought you knew.

Okay sorry! I assumed the two went hand in hand, and wanted to make sure I didn't offend you, thanks for letting me know.
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options

We must live in the same province, @hnsaunde. The murdered woman was a friend of a friend and my Facebook is blowing up this morning about this. From what I've read, you're not the only one who would never have suspected him...but I guess that's the thing about the kind of person who can do something like this, right? There's usually a personality disorder involved that means the person is a very, very good liar and a master manipulator.

We do, I'm in Calgary :smile: That's true, and I never even got an inkling of it while we worked together.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

Wow, that's not far from me. I hadn't heard about it but just read the local news. How awful.

• Tubbs216
    Options
    Hi all!! Made it back from our camping trip safe and sound and all caught up in the thread. Lots of sunshine and lots of fun with my little man but I was glad to get home. Is it weird to say I missed all you guys. Cause I did!!
    Glad you had fun!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    I think this is one thing I probably don't need to know any more about!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Thinking about me as a little kid inspired me to dig these out:
    Past the bald-blob stage but I don't have any of those on my phone unfortunately, haha.
    Anyone have any of themselves?
    What a cutie pie!! I might have some old pictures of me on Facebook. Maybe I can figure out how to get them on here...
    If you right-click them and save the image url, you can just paste it in here like this:
    [ img ] www.yourcopyandpastedlink.com [/ img ]
    but without any spaces.
    10613070_10203415220996122_8274225525690114739_n_zpsbt3d9ifa.jpg.html?&_suid=143593998689402962107820568675
    You're close! I think I can fix it. Here's @kecmw25:
    You did! How did you fix it? How old are those pictures huh?
    You were like a little doll! And speaking of dolls, I had a similar huge Raggedy Ann too. Kind of scary now, but it's funny how that stuff looks different to us now.
    Aww, thanks! I posted them to show someone how I looked at that age since I post so many pictures of my daughter on Facebook. Confession: I'm one of those moms :)
    I don't think you looked like a blob at all, you were adorable!!
    I love your avatar... Susie...you need to look at that one. The Hey, you...don't give up, OK?
    I think that is great.

I was going to make the same comment. Love that avatar!
    P.s. –I hope your knee is okay!

@Italian_Buju thank you for sharing that. I'm pretty sure I have some tendencies, I do the repeated checking of my bag, I always used to eat all of one thing on my plate, although I have mostly managed now to stop doing that. I actually have a lot of weird things with food, which watching tv discovered a lot were things people with anorexia do, so I'm not sure how come I'm the size I am! I think a lot of mine are checking and ordering things, that I don't really realise I do. My mum knows if I've been round while she's out because if there's a pile of coins on the side it'll have been stacked in height order.
    I think most people have some tendencies that can be considered OCD like.....the main difference is the focus and obsession in doing the task. It is odd though that so many people can have tendencies like that.
    That worries me about the anorexia tendencies, have you talked to someone about that??
    No, I haven't, it's things like eating food in certain orders, and knowing the calories in everything. I can't remember the others, just remember when I watched it realised almost all of them were things I do. But I've never even made it to my goal weight (or even halfway!), so I don't really think it's something to worry about. Although I think that was probably when I started trying not to eat all my food in order.

I have a lot of food I have to eat in a certain order too. Then there are things like pizza where I have to take all the toppings/cheese off and eat the crust first. Then I eat all the toppings last. I get frustrated because I do this every time and sometimes I just think I need to eat like a normal person. Haha