Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    mantium999 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Confession: Honestly, I'm not happy with the thread being stickied. We'll very likely get an influx of sarcastic, unkind, or snarky people ruining our nice thread mojo. *sniffle* :'(

Call me jaded, but that was my first thought too.
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    What value does this thread bring to General Diet and Weight Loss Help that warrants a sticky status? If page count is a factor, there are plenty of "who wants to see who naked" discussions in Chit Chat that are probably more worthy than this.
    Ok, serious answer, after thinking about it a little. Honestly, I believe this thread alone has kept a bunch of us here on MFP - people who may have wandered off, lost their motivation, felt intimidated to ask questions, or unsupported elsewhere. If one person improves their health and wellness by being part of this thread, then, yes, it warrants sticky status.

I have no problem with the existence of this thread. I just stand by the belief that suggested reading (ie, stickies), should be educational and pertain to the topic of the forum. As far as fun items to give people a reason to return to the site, that's what Chit Chat is for. But that's just me, don't let me rain on your parade. Obviously this thread is popular, just not informative.

"Informative" is a matter of opinion. I, for one, feel VERY "informed" when Pancake announces that he has to pee or we get health updates on various pets.

I now know 100% more about the Muslim religion than I knew a week ago. And this is a good thing.

I've learned a bunch of terms for unusual phobias.

I know how many more exotic varieties of Pop Tarts and peanut butter and breakfast cereal exist in countries other than Canada.

Knowledge is good. :)

Sure, informative is a matter of opinion. And I also agree that knowledge is good, I seek out lots of it! I simply fail to see the value of directing members, often times who are new, who are seeking information and knowledge about General Diet and Weight Loss (the purpose of this particular sub-forum) to this particular thread. And thank you for making my point with examples of non-diet/weight loss things your learned from this thread.

It was tongue in cheek, as I'm sure you realized. Although I do think Pop Tarts and peanut butter and cereal fall into the diet category.

There have been hundreds of diet/fitness/weight loss questions and tips posted throughout this thread, you just have to wade through 783 pages to find them. Several of us have learned a rather effective upper body workout right here.

A few effective tips, among 783 pages, warranting a status of a helpful thread. Got it.

For the sake of ceasing to derail the purpose of THIS particular thread. I confess to having 3 IPAs last night, BEFORE hitting the weights.

Well, hello, Snarkmeister...

Listen, we aren't suddenly convening before some sort of MFP Supreme Court (and you aren't some sort of Chief Judge (though you do appear to be embracing a role akin to that of a Prosecuting Attorney)), and we don't suddenly need to justify the actions of someone (let alone, someone who has nothing to do with this thread!) doing something we never requested in the first place (and, frankly, involves a reality some of us don't *want*) -- and so we shouldn't be expected to have you or anyone else 'set up kleig lights', and expect us to 'subject ourselves to interrogation' (as though you were some sort of self-appointed attorney, judge, and jury... or some such entity hellbent on seeing a perceived form of 'justice' done)...

If you don't want to participate in the thread, then please, by all means, move on...! -- that is, unless you need to rant about something (other than 'this', or 'us', that is), in which case you are welcome to rant away...!

The world has enough people p*ssing on others -- there's no need to add to *that* 'status quo' (which, not-so-ironically, is part of what this thread is about -- assisting, being helpful, not judging, etc.)...

(...and yeah, my not sprinkling your sudden sarcasm-laced insults with 'rose petals' is not exactly representative of 'this thread'... however, it is a rare thing for rudeness to 'swoop in' on this thread... and I can't stand behavior that reminds me of my favorite bumper sticker -- Mean People Suck...)

Hi there aggressive one! I have no desire to see this thread removed, pretty sure I made that clear. But I stand by what I believe to be a valid point regarding MFP choosing this as a helpful thread within the context of the sub forum in which it exists. Not attacking the participants of this thread, not the purpose of this thread, simply stating that it's purpose isn't necessarily on point with the purpose of why a thread should be a sticky. Sorry you have such a personal attachment and felt offended as a result, but I prefer logic over emotion.

she's not agressive, she's being honest.
    if you're struggling so much with the purpose of this thread, and can't see how it might help newbies who are normally ripped apart for the most simplest of questions elsewhere, that's on you, not us.

There's no struggle, the purpose of this thread is not currently related to General Diet and Weight Loss. Again, I have not said it serves no purpose, it just doesn't serve the purpose of this sub forum to the point of being a sticky. New members should have a central location, supported by MFP, to find valuable info to assist them in gaining the knowledge requires to successfully navigate through the contention that occurs in the forums. There are no questions in here that are being clarified, so I don't follow your argument of it being a safe haven for newbies. Is this designed to educate? I don't see it if it is. If you have a rational argument as to what this brings to newbies as far as helping them reach their fitness or weight goals, I'm all ears, but don't chastise me for making a valid comment that none have been able to debate within the context of my point.

Off the top of my head from just the past few weeks:
    Binge eating related to stress, hormonal issues, depression, and death in the family
    Overeating due to travel for work or vacation
    Undereating due to underlying disordered behavior
    Dealing with a family member who potentially has an eating disorder
    How to handle food situations when you have out of town guests
    Unlogged food, the potential psychological impact, and whether or not it's better to log it or ignore it
    Workout schedule interruptions due to illness or injury
    Advice for starting new workout routines or expanding existing ones
    Recommendations comparing and contrasting different lifting programs
    How to deal with alcohol in relation to eating and overeating
    How to deal with alcohol addiction and its impact on health and weight

Exactly which of these is not relative to General Diet and Weight Loss?

You also hit the nail on the head
    :smiley:
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Oy Vey, the CICO thread in food and nutrition has been quite a roller coaster.

Another confession: I'm extremely perverted at times, like, mind always in the gutter. I may or may not have shown that in that thread ;)

I think Aunt Flo is about to finally show up. My insomnia is back with a vengeance tonight, and it's usually bad right before that particular visit. Tomorrow is going to be a long day.....
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I feel like this is the 'Brit hour' while most of the Americans are still asleep!

Also, please, please, please, please don't put any GoT spoilers on here. I haven't seen the series, but I'm reading the books (on the 5th one I think, although I don't know because it's on the kindle) and if someone spoils any of it for me I will cry. I can see from the kindle I am 86% of the way through the entire thing, and I don't quite know what I'll do with myself when I finish it!

I get very mournful when I finish a series of books. Wishing I could forget all about them and read them again.

oh god sorry!!! I will endeavour not to spoiler. I'm such a huge GoT fan, TV series and books. I've just started reading them again. I love talking about it with other fans, but i don't know many people who've read the books :(

But i will say the books are better at some storylines, the tv show is better at others.

I refuse to watch the show until I read the books. I don't have HBO (or TV for that matter) but because I work in the communications industry and market HBO I get the DVDs. I Just pile them up to watch after I read the books.

I confess, now I think I am going to read the books regardless of having not finished my dissertation (bad move as I am a binge reader).

You've mentioned your dissertation before. Care to share your topic? What will your PhD be in? Will it change your current job or career path? Just curious. It's a common topic around my house as oldest son is ABD right now, with a PhD in history. He is determined to get his dissertation done as quickly as possible, but you know, life and stuff. He's going back to the college he finished his classes at to teach and work on it at the same time this fall.

Sure! So, I am a serial student. I have my DBA and my dissertation was "The changing dynamics of interpersonal relationships during multiple mergers". My PhD is in Organizational Leadership and Change and my dissertation is going to be on "The impact that a clique at the leadership level has on employee creativity and motivation". When I am done I will technically be Dr. Dr. (my committee chair the first time I defended my dissertation called me that when he learned I was going to go back for my PhD).

I have experienced both of these phenomenon at the company I am working at. And the research will be done there if I can get it done before it implodes, they sell my part of the business, or I get laid off (sudden motivation!). My company pays for most of my educations, so why NOT take advantage of it. :) I am fascinated by interpersonal relationships and organizational dynamics. And my career is in advertising (I work in the marketing communications department in the company I work for) but my undergraduate degree was in visual art... but I wasn't a very talented artist. :)

That was a bit of a mish mash of an answer, but there you go!

I love the kind of stuff you have (are getting) your doctorates in! My BA is in Management and Organizational Leadership. Then MBA. If I had enough $$$, I would get my PhD in Risk Management. However, at this point in my life the ROI for a PhD doesn't make financial sense.

I can understand that. To be honest while I love the topic of organizational dynamics if I was paying for this personally I would do early English lit or art history. My company pays for 90% of it so have to stick programs that make sense!
  • Oberon21
    edited June 2015
    Options

@KylerJaye This is probably really random, but it occurred to me last night that I somehow missed replying to all of your sweet posts to me about my depression and anxiety, and I just wanted to send you a big thank you for all of them. Your words were so kind. :) (A big thanks to anyone else who I somehow missed quoting personally!)

@Italian_Buju I'm so sorry about your degu. :( All of our pets have died naturally, so thankfully I've never had to feel the pain of making that decision for them.

Confession: I'm really tired today, and I haven't had enough sleep, so I'm being a whiney baby and also craving everything. We went to the supermarket and I swear I was like a five-year-old. I asked my husband to keep me away from things because I was tired and my will power was weak, but I was pointing every two seconds and saying... "Can I have that? How about that? Can I have that? Okay, okay, moving on... Oooh, CHEESECAKE! Can I have it?!" ;)

Unrelated confession: It makes me really annoyed when people who can't afford to splurge go and spend all their money on unnecessary things. Obviously it's their life, but it takes me back to childhood because that was my mom to a tee, and all of us kids went hungry because of it. All the time. It's also made me very frugal, and I hate spending money on myself for anything I feel is unnecessary--the horrible guilt that I feel when I spend money on myself (even when I can easily afford it) is worse than the joy of owning something new that I wanted.

Confession #3: I'm really not sure whether I can stay in my calorie goal today. I'm craving the world. But I'm trying!

I am going to confess that I waste a ton of money and have multiple of everything. I believe this is because my spent zero money on her kids because she was cheap (and to some degree cash strapped). I am a shopaholic and so are my siblings as a result.
  • tigerThea
    tigerThea Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    OMG! I finally made it to the end. I have spent a month trying to catch up in time and I've done it! I'm inordinately proud of this. First I promised myself I'd read 'em all before posting...I have rejoiced and cried and been angry and perplexed with everyone else. I have shared the pinecone diet, two spoons of hot chocolate and other items with random family members...while none of you know me yet I feel like part of the family already.
    Confession 1: for the past week or ten days I have not recorded my food because I did not want to lose my place in this thread.
    Confession 2: in the past I was all about the gym and loved it. Now I'm trying to master the food and hope to get off my lazy butt soon and join a gym again. I have many pounds to lose so I need to change in ways I can stick to for life.
    Confession 3: I'm unemployed by choice because of a bad work situation and a blessing in the form of my sister. More on this another time.
    Confession 4: I may have to rejoin the world now that I'm caught up.

Oh...this may be attached to a post or thirty since my iPad kept deciding to reply before I was ready...sorry.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Today is my anniversary and I confess that I am sad that this means I won't be able to go on my weekly bike ride with my girls bike group.

My husband is the best about anniversaries, birthdays, etc. Last year, he had the high school art teacher help him make me a soup bowl. It says "Soup for my Soulmate". I love it! I tell myself every year I'm going to start shopping early and find him the perfect gift. It never happens. I ended up buying him a ceramic statue at the garden center. He deserves so much better!
    Awwe, that's so sweet. Yours sounds like a great gift too.
    My husband has got better at gifts over the years, but I have had some real doozies (set of home phones for my 40th, for example :| ). I've got much better at saying "For my birthday, if you'd like to get me a present, I'd really love X". Or I tell my daughter. She's very good at relaying 'hints' and he's relieved because he can get something he knows I'll like.

My husband is amazing at picking gifts for me. I, on the other hand, am the worst gift giver on the planet. Seriously. I always default to perfume because I just can't think of anything else... Even if I know the person really well! :-/ I'm just really, really bad at it. :(

I am a great gift giver. I love to get people things they really want. Probably ties to the shopaholic issue.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I feel like this is the 'Brit hour' while most of the Americans are still asleep!

Also, please, please, please, please don't put any GoT spoilers on here. I haven't seen the series, but I'm reading the books (on the 5th one I think, although I don't know because it's on the kindle) and if someone spoils any of it for me I will cry. I can see from the kindle I am 86% of the way through the entire thing, and I don't quite know what I'll do with myself when I finish it!

I get very mournful when I finish a series of books. Wishing I could forget all about them and read them again.

oh god sorry!!! I will endeavour not to spoiler. I'm such a huge GoT fan, TV series and books. I've just started reading them again. I love talking about it with other fans, but i don't know many people who've read the books :(

But i will say the books are better at some storylines, the tv show is better at others.

I refuse to watch the show until I read the books. I don't have HBO (or TV for that matter) but because I work in the communications industry and market HBO I get the DVDs. I Just pile them up to watch after I read the books.

I confess, now I think I am going to read the books regardless of having not finished my dissertation (bad move as I am a binge reader).

You've mentioned your dissertation before. Care to share your topic? What will your PhD be in? Will it change your current job or career path? Just curious. It's a common topic around my house as oldest son is ABD right now, with a PhD in history. He is determined to get his dissertation done as quickly as possible, but you know, life and stuff. He's going back to the college he finished his classes at to teach and work on it at the same time this fall.

Sure! So, I am a serial student. I have my DBA and my dissertation was "The changing dynamics of interpersonal relationships during multiple mergers". My PhD is in Organizational Leadership and Change and my dissertation is going to be on "The impact that a clique at the leadership level has on employee creativity and motivation". When I am done I will technically be Dr. Dr. (my committee chair the first time I defended my dissertation called me that when he learned I was going to go back for my PhD).

I have experienced both of these phenomenon at the company I am working at. And the research will be done there if I can get it done before it implodes, they sell my part of the business, or I get laid off (sudden motivation!). My company pays for most of my educations, so why NOT take advantage of it. :) I am fascinated by interpersonal relationships and organizational dynamics. And my career is in advertising (I work in the marketing communications department in the company I work for) but my undergraduate degree was in visual art... but I wasn't a very talented artist. :)

That was a bit of a mish mash of an answer, but there you go!

That is incredibly impressive! And what a perk to have your company pay for it. By all means, I'd take advantage of it as well. Those are very interesting topics to me as well. I've always been interested in interpersonal relationships and dynamics. Well done, Dr. Dr.! (and now the 80's song by the Thompson Twins is in my head)

That is funny now that song is stuck in my head too!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Y
    tigerThea wrote: »
    OMG! I finally made it to the end. I have spent a month trying to catch up in time and I've done it! I'm inordinately proud of this. First I promised myself I'd read 'em all before posting...I have rejoiced and cried and been angry and perplexed with everyone else. I have shared the pinecone diet, two spoons of hot chocolate and other items with random family members...while none of you know me yet I feel like part of the family already.
    Confession 1: for the past week or ten days I have not recorded my food because I did not want to lose my place in this thread.
    Confession 2: in the past I was all about the gym and loved it. Now I'm trying to master the food and hope to get off my lazy butt soon and join a gym again. I have many pounds to lose so I need to change in ways I can stick to for life.
    Confession 3: I'm unemployed by choice because of a bad work situation and a blessing in the form of my sister. More on this another time.

Oh...this may be attached to a post or thirty since my iPad kept deciding to reply before I was ready...sorry.
    YAY! We love new people! Welcome!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I started gymnastics classes three weeks ago. I'm a 38 year old male. I now ache all the time! In my smallish town the next oldest gymnastics student is 17.

That is cool! I have thought about starting ballet but figured I would be the only one over 4' in the class! Good for you! I also cannot do any kind of gymnastics. I literally don't bend! Sooooo inflexible. Sucks.

Do it, do it, do it! I danced my whole childhood, then stopped aged 18 when I moved house, went to uni etc. Then aged 27 I started again in an adult class. I did mainly jazz and tap, but a bit of ballet sometimes. I LOVED it. Some classes I was the biggest, some I wasn't. It doesn't matter. The main thing is to try and find one that fits your abilities (but is still challenging). Sadly since I've moved house again and live rurally I haven't found a suitable dance class (I'm not a beginner, but not a pro either) and it makes me sad!

I just may! God knows I am graceless with 2 left feet but I love the concept of dancing. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Caitwn wrote: »

I am so sorry to hear that!!

When I came home from work, I picked him up and he is so skinny that it looks like he has a waist line....my co-worker came home with me cuz I was scared to come in alone....she is coming home with me tomorrow too.....

I called the vet to see if I should do something, other than trying to make him comfortable...but she was gone for the day already...if he is the same in the morning, I am gonna call again.....

I tried to give him a nut, which is the only thing he was still kind of eating, and he just dropped it....I tried other treats, he would not even lift his head.....I put him down on my bed while I changed out of my work clothes, and he just sat there.....anyone that knows degus knows that is not normal....

I am really sad tonight

I am going to take a big risk here, and I worry you or others might get mad or think I am a horrible person, but I feel I need to say this. For context, I come from a family with multiple veterinarians, and I worked my way through undergraduate and part of graduate school as a veterinary technician. I guess I needed to provide that context, as I don't want you to think I am saying this next thing with no basis.

With that said: It seems clear to me that your little guy is in a place where he needs for you to have the courage to show him one more act of love. Ease his way. Please. It's possible that by the time you read this, his suffering will have been lifted. But if not, please do this last thing for him. Our pets depend upon us for everything - including making the kindest final decision even when it breaks our hearts to do so.

I apologize for being so blunt. I wasn't going to say anything but I haven't been able to let this go - I kept thinking about it all day. So I had to say something. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

I agree..and I think you said it in a kind way. I never thought I would be able to euthanize any of my pets because it would be too hard to let them go. But after seeing one of our cats struggle with Cancer and trying to put him through Chemo knowing that his chances still wouldn't be that great...we HAD to do it. He was not eating, always hunched over, so thin, and started dripping mucus from his nose. It was absolutely horrifying to see and I'm angry with the emergency vet(happened over a long weekend and our regular vet was closed) for letting us think it could get better. He was clearly suffering. His quality of life was horrible. It was time. Such a hard decision to make..but ultimately keeping him around for ourselves rather than for him was not the right choice.
    ETA that I also hope that I didn't come off in a rude way. I hope that your little guy finds peace soon...however it may be.

I am just waiting for my vet to open to see what she says.
    I basically have been up holding him abd crying all night. I am so sad.
    I know some people might think 'oh he is just a rodent, not even a cat or dog' but because he was a lone degu he spent tons of time out with me. Sleeping on me, getting rub downs, I even wheel his cage into my bedroom every single night to sleep.
    My heart is broken......

I am so very sorry but you made the right decision for him.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I just spent 2 hours catching up and still missed where our thread was threatened and where do I go to get in on the group??? I don't want to lose you guys.

I cannot imagine why anyone would make fun of or threaten this thread!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    rodentboy_zpsowiekvao.jpg

Oh, it worked.....this is my little rodent boy, all snuggled into me while watching a movie a few weeks ago....

Thank you all for the kind words, it has been a long hard day......
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    IamMicah wrote: »
    "Tubbs216 wrote: »
    ME TOO! I'm desperate for some. Also I want a beehive. The latter is allowed where we are, but we don't have a very big yard and I don't think our neighbours would like it much. I also want goats.

We keep bees on our property and it's pretty awesome. We had a nice honey harvest last year with 4 hives, so we expanded to 8 this year. They're all pretty active; so far, so good!

I would love to have goats! And chickens!
    I have 4 hives and a Nuc Split this year... My plan was to get a single hive. Now Im collecting swarms and doing a trapout on a friends home. Sadly Ive become more addicted to their incredible beehavior and fascinating daily activities.

How could one not?! -- they're incredible! :)
    Indeed. Even my wasp-phobic daughter is learning to love bees.
    ETA: 'Git' is kind of English for 'jerk'.
    8czk3gsj0195.jpg
    The wasps around my area are a lot more chill than the carpenter bees to be honest.

Plus, fig wasps are the only fig pollinators out there. That alone is enough to for wasps to be alright in my book. :wink:

Twist of irony, hubby works in pest control, can handle just about every type of insect/spider and rodent. He's absolutely terrified of flying bugs (bees, flies, etc), and this is busy season for "bee jobs" and the like. It's absolutely hilarious to see this grown man running around and shrieking at a fly or bee. :laugh:
    To add, he finds it funny too, and laughs at it as well. Just so I'm not sounding like an *kitten* wife lol.

my husband hates bees & wasps too. One time we were stopped in traffic in a construction zone and a wasp flew into the car. He screamed like a girl jumped out and ran around the car. Nothing is as funny as seeing a grown 7'2' dude run around a car in traffic because of a flying insect (I was mildly embarrassed because everyone was looking at us but it was still funny)
    Omg! Lol :laugh:
    nfxdc1cux9zi.jpg

Look at this guy snuffling into a flower. One of the only bugs I will ever call ''cute.''

That is cute! I don't mind bees so much, it's hubby that has the "beef" lol. On that note, my kid has begun to act like him. We have I'm guessing one of the last remaining McDonald's with a play place in it, and she insists we eat there. They leave the windows open, I mean it's SC it can get as hot as the devil's asscrack, so inevitably flies and other flying things wander in and out. Holy hell, the meltdowns! :unamused:
    ''Beef'' got me. :lol: I'm from SC, too! I think our parents greatly influence what we grow up to be scared of. My mom has a horrible spider phobia and all of us (except my sister, who thinks SPIDERS are cute.... WHAT?) inherited this, probably from watching her react to them. Then again, who isn't scared of spiders? :neutral:
    My mind just imploded...

spiders.cute. does.not.compute.

I'm suddenly experiencing a previously-unthinkable version of 'while visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads...', in which "sugar-plums" is now "spiders", and my brain has the 'dancing' taking place amidst the most godawful, garland-overdosed-Christmas-tree-after-a-tornado -like example of disturbingly infested 'webapalooza'...

O.M.G.

...spiders freak me the heck out...

(All that being said, they're amazing creatures, and we need them... and if any sort of zombie apocalyptic whatnot happened to result in some sort of insect-based 'world war', and spiders and cockroaches ended up going into battle against one another, you could probably guess which 'side' I'd want to prevail... (yep... I'd pledge my allegiance to spiders, and 'wouldn't look back' (except to make sure none of them were crawling on me, that is... (yeah, buddy, I'll support you against those freaky-a** cockroaches, but don't go thinkin' that means I think you're cute... :p )))
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    @noaddedsugarx - you cannot blame yourself, it is impossible to watch someone every second of every day.....you are already an amazing support in her life taking care of her, you cannot expect to be super human....I will pray for her.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    Options
    That is cute! I don't mind bees so much, it's hubby that has the "beef" lol. On that note, my kid has begun to act like him. We have I'm guessing one of the last remaining McDonald's with a play place in it, and she insists we eat there. They leave the windows open, I mean it's SC it can get as hot as the devil's asscrack, so inevitably flies and other flying things wander in and out. Holy hell, the meltdowns! :unamused:
    I simply wanted to thank you for expanding my vocabulary (and rather colorfully, at that)... :)

I look forward to using that smashin' simile at a playfully relevant time (and I also look forward to the 'response' (I'm thinkin' I'll be treating a sibling to such, for starters... ;) ))
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Oh, it worked.....this is my little rodent boy, all snuggled into me while watching a movie a few weeks ago....

Thank you all for the kind words, it has been a long hard day......

He is sweet and big hugs to you
  • qmamabear
    qmamabear Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I eat less during the day when I know I'll be drinking that night. Keeps me under my calories with a bonus of getting intoxicated cheaply thanks to the empty stomach. Maybe not the healthiest habit in the world...
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    tigerThea wrote: »

Welcome!!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Such a sweet face! Will be thinking of you and sending lots of love and hugs! ❤️❤️❤️
    I simply wanted to thank you for expanding my vocabulary (and rather colorfully, at that)... :)

I look forward to using that smashin' simile at a playfully relevant time (and I also look forward to the 'response' (I'm thinkin' I'll be treating a sibling to such, for starters... ;) ))

Lol you're welcome! I say that because here it's ridiculously hot and ungodly humid, so if the devil is where it's really hot, he's gotta be sweaty, and that sweat tends to accumulate in certain areas *ahem* so it just made sense to use that particular saying lol.

To add another saying, my husband and brother in law have a term for when sweat does happen to accumulate in those areas, the glorious (and gross) "swamp *kitten*". :confounded::laugh:
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    Options
    Oy Vey, the CICO thread in food and nutrition has been quite a roller coaster.

Another confession: I'm extremely perverted at times, like, mind always in the gutter. I may or may not have shown that in that thread ;)

I think Aunt Flo is about to finally show up. My insomnia is back with a vengeance tonight, and it's usually bad right before that particular visit. Tomorrow is going to be a long day.....
    Ditto...