Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    :(:( positives vibes, thoughts, and prayers your way @Susieq_1994
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 That sounds awful!! Praying for your quick recovery.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 echoing others in hoping you feel better soon!!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    @susieq_1994 sending lots of positive vibes your way lovely!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »

AND I made my first talenti purchase today!

I got my first one last Sunday. I got the Southern Butter Pecan and I liked it. What did you get?
    Sorry to hear about the crazy guy and meh guy…

the store i was at had an extremely limited variety, which bummed me out, but they were on sale so i found two to get!
    i went with caramel cookie crunch, but i don't remember what the other one was.
    haven't tried either one yet.

i also have a pint of that halo top everyone was talking about a few hundred pages ago, but haven't tried that yet either.

yup, total food hoarder....

eta: thanks for the guy comment, i'm trying to not get discouraged! going out to meet a dude tonight, let's hope he's not crazy or meh! :)

Good luck on your date. There really are sane, interesting guys out there, don't give up!
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »

AND I made my first talenti purchase today!

I got my first one last Sunday. I got the Southern Butter Pecan and I liked it. What did you get?
    Sorry to hear about the crazy guy and meh guy…

going out to meet a dude tonight, let's hope he's not crazy or meh! :)

Good luck! Let us know how it goes, of course! :)
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Good luck have fun and be safe @kylerjaye!
    eta: thanks for the guy comment, i'm trying to not get discouraged! going out to meet a dude tonight, let's hope he's not crazy or meh! :)

I hope it goes better than the last two!

thank you!
    and you know you'll be the first ppl to hear about it! <3
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to stay upbeat and positive about it, but I am so over this flare-up already. I WANT TO GET OFF THIS STUPID COUCH. BY MYSELF. :s

I'm pretty much at the most severe stage of the flare up right now--violent jerking convulsions of my upper body, an almost complete loss of balance and walking ability, and function impairment in my legs so that I can't even propel myself into a standing position alone. This stinks. *bratty pout*

sending you love, sweetie <3
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    May not be appropriate for @Susieq_1994!

Confession: I found out last night that a friend I used to work with has just been charged with second-degree murder of his wife, who has been missing since November. I'm having a hard time and am absolutely shocked, and still don't really believe it, even though the police quotes say he's been concealing the body at his home for the past 8 months. It just doesn't seem to compute at all against the person I remember.

HOLY! That's crazy...I would have a hard time believing it too! That's insane!

We must live in the same province, @hnsaunde. The murdered woman was a friend of a friend and my Facebook is blowing up this morning about this. From what I've read, you're not the only one who would never have suspected him...but I guess that's the thing about the kind of person who can do something like this, right? There's usually a personality disorder involved that means the person is a very, very good liar and a master manipulator.

I would have to say most of the abusive people I've known have been super charming and most people don't ever guess at what they're really like. I realize it is anecdotal, but a lot of people used to tell me they wished they had my mother for instance.

• amyford25
    amyford25 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My name on goodreads Is Jody and I hope this link works https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/44563687-jody

This sounds really neat, so I created an account. Feel free to add me if you like!
    https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/44565816-amy

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 Praying for you and hoping you're better soon!!! ❤️

I have to reschedule my doctor's appointment because apparently the doctor won't be in the office that day. I'm hoping I can be seen soon because I'm at the end of my rope with my depression, anxiety, and other issues. I'm so over "faking it", I'm NOT happy and I'm NOT okay!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    amyford25 wrote: »
    My name on goodreads Is Jody and I hope this link works https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/44563687-jody

This sounds really neat, so I created an account. Feel free to add me if you like!
    https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/44565816-amy

Request sent :)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    @kecmw25 congrats in the NSV, that's exciting!

:) Thanks @LBuehrle8!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to stay upbeat and positive about it, but I am so over this flare-up already. I WANT TO GET OFF THIS STUPID COUCH. BY MYSELF. :s

I'm pretty much at the most severe stage of the flare up right now--violent jerking convulsions of my upper body, an almost complete loss of balance and walking ability, and function impairment in my legs so that I can't even propel myself into a standing position alone. This stinks. *bratty pout*

Prayers and hugs for you. Does it just affect your lower body? Is your husband home?

Thanks. :) Yes, my husband is home--Luckily right now his course load is pretty light (He's studying for a Masters degree in Petroleum Engineering and the summer session doesn't really have the courses he needs) and he only studies for two hours in the morning and gets home around 1:00 PM. :) He has to help me get everywhere and do everything, so even when he's working he would come home for lunch break to help me get out of bed and get something to eat.

I refuse to have anyone else come over and care for me when I'm in the midst of a flare up, so I manage by myself when my husband can't be around. This generally involves a lot of dragging myself around on the floor when I'm not strong enough to use a walker, but I still refuse to have anyone else see me in this state. Pride, I guess.

It affects several parts of my body. :) My upper torso jerks forward convulsively and continuously, as though you were standing and someone pushed you hard in the back and your torso shoots forward. The jerking is so violent that my ribs are usually very sore and painful after a couple of hours of it. During mild flare-ups, I only convulse when standing. During the more severe ones, I convulse while standing, sitting, and even lying down.

It impairs my leg function so that they're about as useful as jell-O--I can't propel myself upward from a seated position or support my full weight using my legs, which is one of the main reasons that I can't walk during flare-ups. They buckle under me very quickly, and if I have to try to walk, I have to move quickly because only momentum is keeping me upright--if I stop I'll just fall.

I also suffer from a loss of balance, so even when the convulsions stop and my legs start to feel a little stronger (this is during recovery when I start to be able to walk alone again), I have to take very, very tiny steps and fully concentrate on them, so that even walking 5 feet across a room is absolutely exhausting.
  • Susieq_1994
    edited July 2015
    Options

sending you love, sweetie <3
    :(:( positives vibes, thoughts, and prayers your way @Susieq_1994
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 That sounds awful!! Praying for your quick recovery.
    @Susieq_1994 echoing others in hoping you feel better soon!!
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    @susieq_1994 sending lots of positive vibes your way lovely!

Thank you all so much! The thoughts and support is appreciated very much. <3
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    @Italian_Buju thank you so much for sharing this.

i'm a hoarder. which i always have to quantify with "not like the ppl on the tv shows." they should have a hoarders show where the person has 30 jars of tomato sauce, 20 boxes of pasta, 100 rolls of paper towels, 120 rolls of tp, etc. etc.

but as long as i keep my place relatively clean, instead of having a problem, i'm just a Super Couponer!
    Interesting you say that. When I've watched the show Extreme Couponers (NO JUDGEMENT!) I've thought to myself "They're just really organised hoarders".

My sister has confided to me that she has hoarding tendencies. She buys things like school supplies because the sale at Staples was 'too good not to'. All her kids are long out of school, so she ends up donating them to schools in less affluent areas. She does the same with craft supplies. We have an 'arrangement' that I'll be the one to sort out her craft room if she dies.

no judgement, i totally used to watch all of those couponer shows and i was SO JEALOUS!!! i want 36 bottles of diet dr pepper for .56 cents! ;)

Now I want 36 bottles of diet Dr. Pepper for .56 cents and I don't even drink diet Dr. Pepper. ;)

• Susieq_1994
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »

Confession: I found out last night that a friend I used to work with has just been charged with second-degree murder of his wife, who has been missing since November. I'm having a hard time and am absolutely shocked, and still don't really believe it, even though the police quotes say he's been concealing the body at his home for the past 8 months. It just doesn't seem to compute at all against the person I remember.

We must live in the same province, @hnsaunde. The murdered woman was a friend of a friend and my Facebook is blowing up this morning about this. From what I've read, you're not the only one who would never have suspected him...but I guess that's the thing about the kind of person who can do something like this, right? There's usually a personality disorder involved that means the person is a very, very good liar and a master manipulator.

I would have to say most of the abusive people I've known have been super charming and most people don't ever guess at what they're really like. I realize it is anecdotal, but a lot of people used to tell me they wished they had my mother for instance.

From experience, I have to say I completely agree. It's horrible the way an abuser can carry on in public like everything is so normal and they're SO WELL-LIKED by everyone they meet. It makes me sick.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

I have to reschedule my doctor's appointment because apparently the doctor won't be in the office that day. I'm hoping I can be seen soon because I'm at the end of my rope with my depression, anxiety, and other issues. I'm so over "faking it", I'm NOT happy and I'm NOT okay!

Sorry you're having a terrible day! I hope you can get in to see the doctor soon.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Thank you! I hope you can see your doctor as soon as possible--I know exactly how it feels to be at the end of your rope. Positive thoughts your way for a quick and near rescheduling date!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 Sending my thoughts and prayers your way.

@KylerJaye Good luck with the dude tonight! Hoping he's worthy of your time. :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Good for you! It is totally OK to not be OK. Get yourself the help you need!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »

From experience, I have to say I completely agree. It's horrible the way an abuser can carry on in public like everything is so normal and they're SO WELL-LIKED by everyone they meet. It makes me sick.

That is true. I've been involved with a few abusive guys in my past (only one was physical - my kids' father). They were always totally different people in public than they were behind closed doors. The last one, I stayed with him longer than I normally would have only because all of my friends liked him so much. I kept thinking somehow I could make him be that guy he was in public, all the time. Alas, that wasn't possible.