Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I forgot one other reason this attempt is being more successful:
    I have this super great community of supportive friends cheering me on.
    Yes you do! I am hoping this will also help me this time around!

I think it might and I hope it does.

Thanks for the positive thoughts, everyone. :) Unfortunately, I'm still going downhill--my leg function is now impaired and I can't walk or stand too well at the moment, but luckily I'm still able to (somewhat) get around so far.
    I was thinking earlier of how I could possibly explain the definition of an FND flare-up to you guys, and while any full description would be pretty lengthy, right now I'm at the point where I look like a sober person trying to walk on a drunk person's legs. ;)

Oh no. I’m sorry that you are having problems. I hope you feel better soon.

KylerJaye wrote: »
    AND I made my first talenti purchase today!

I got my first one last Sunday. I got the Southern Butter Pecan and I liked it. What did you get?
    Sorry to hear about the crazy guy and meh guy…

Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I confess that I usually eat the roll or most of the roll of a cheeseburger first & pizza I usually eat the cheese first.
    I scrape my toppings off my pizza and eat them separate from the crust.

Twins :) I’m not alone!

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I read a good book over the weekend. It is called What She left Behind by Ellen Marie Wiseman. Its about a young woman committed to an insane asylum in the 1930's by her father because she wouldn't marry who he wanted her too. Was so good I was sad when it ended
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I read a good book over the weekend. It is called What She left Behind by Ellen Marie Wiseman. Its about a young woman committed to an insane asylum in the 1930's by her father because she wouldn't marry who he wanted her too. Was so good I was sad when it ended

I'm going to add that to my Goodreads list. Sounds like it could be up my alley!
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Hi everyone!!! I'm surprised that there are so many pages to catch up on. I'm currently working on it. :)

I had a good birthday. I actually got a swimming suit and swam for the first time in a LONG time. I swam Friday and Saturday before the storms rolled in. I got to see fireworks Thursday, Friday and Saturday (I love fireworks). I was able to eat bbq, s'mores and had a lot of fun. I'm sad it is over.

My boyfriend did hang out with me from Thursday to Sunday. We got along well. Last night we decided to take a break and he is going to work on himself. I think it is a good thing. I finally think he understands how hurt my heart was/is. I'm feeling better at least.

Sounds like an awesome holiday weekend!
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    May not be appropriate for @Susieq_1994!

Confession: I found out last night that a friend I used to work with has just been charged with second-degree murder of his wife, who has been missing since November. I'm having a hard time and am absolutely shocked, and still don't really believe it, even though the police quotes say he's been concealing the body at his home for the past 8 months. It just doesn't seem to compute at all against the person I remember.

Wow that is nuts! Where in the world was he concealing the body for that long? After watching a special about Ted Bundy a few weeks ago it was interesting to learn that mystery author Ann Rule & him were once coworkers.
    My weekend was great! My daughter came to visit on Friday, and she's not leaving until tomorrow. I'm making her go to the doctor in the morning. She's so depressed, I think she's cried about 25% of every day she's been here. It hurts my heart.

We had BBQ pork steaks and fried potatoes on Friday evening, and a pot roast and homemade dumplings yesterday and brownies with ice cream. Yeah, I made some of the favorite comfort foods. We had fireworks at home Friday night and last night, and saw the fireworks in Nashville on the 4th. Also, we all drank too much that day. Ugh.

Aw sorry to hear about your daughter.

Sounds like you had a day of yummy food & fun.

Thanks. We did have a great weekend, but it really stinks when your kid is hurting. :(

She's 21 years old and dealing with her first heartbreak. The guy she was "talking to" also took her virginity.
    I think she's more sad that she's going to have too much free time now more than anything.
  • riderfangal
    Options

I'm going to add that to my Goodreads list. Sounds like it could be up my alley!

It was really good I finished it about a day and a half because I literally stayed up just about all night on Saturday!!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Hey everyone!! I am back from Florida. I had the best time with my boyfriend! It was a relaxing much needed vacation.
    My boyfriend is really into body building, so I actually went to the gym with him every morning when we were there. He's been asking me for months to go lift with him in the gym, and I always said no. Surprisingly, I really enjoyed it!! He said he'd train me if I join his gym, so I'm going to do that this week! I definitely drank more and ate more carbs than normal, but I don't think I did too much damage.
    I'm 987 posts behind right now...I'm taking tomorrow off, so hopefully I can catch up.
    I missed you all and I hope everyone is doing well!! :)

Sounds fun (vacation and working out). I’m proud of you for joining the gym. That is so cool that your boyfriend will be able to help train you. How fun!

But...in great news, we were approved to adopt the dog! She's coming up here on Saturday!! SO excited! We got some supplies and DH is actually getting excited, too. Her foster mom keeps sending me pics and it's making me so anxious to see her!

Yay, can’t wait to hear all about it and see pictures!

Haven't caught up, and have no idea what happened in this thread over the weekend. :p This time next week, I should be running on a beach at the Oregon Coast! Lots of work to do before I go on vacation, so I'll be a little MIA. Keep at it, peeps!

AHHH Jealous! I love Oregon. Where are you going? I’ve been there several times and I miss it. :(
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Good morning all :)

Thank you so much for your kind and supportive words, and the kicks up the backside, they are all very much appreciated. It has meant an absolute lot to me to have that support.

Today I have left my pity party behind, and woken in a much more positive state of mind, with an absolute determination that I am going to Conquer that mountain. Training begins anew this week, and I will organise to go again and climb it. I'll do it in the day time, with no time constraints, but I will do it.

And I am going to start marathon training so that I can go meet POF in nashville next year.

Please don't be offended if I haven't replied to every comment or post personally, there is an overwhelming amount, but I have read every single thing that has been said.

Love this!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Morning all! This weekend was great but super full with calories... I went to the SO's Parents place. Helped out with the yard and rode horses (all while drinking and eating), yesterday was cleaning our place and I just couldn't stop munching. Today I'm going to hit the weights and tomorrow will be my return to running, which I'm excited and nervous about.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Me, too! I wonder if I order it off Amazon if it would arrive in time for my vacation?

ETA: I bought it and it's supposed to arrive by tomorrow. I love Amazon Prime! I also bought her other book, The Plum Tree, just because, and two Calvin and Hobbes my son doesn't have yet. Can't have too many books for vacation!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Hey everyone!! I am back from Florida. I had the best time with my boyfriend! It was a relaxing much needed vacation.
    My boyfriend is really into body building, so I actually went to the gym with him every morning when we were there. He's been asking me for months to go lift with him in the gym, and I always said no. Surprisingly, I really enjoyed it!! He said he'd train me if I join his gym, so I'm going to do that this week! I definitely drank more and ate more carbs than normal, but I don't think I did too much damage.
    I'm 987 posts behind right now...I'm taking tomorrow off, so hopefully I can catch up.
    I missed you all and I hope everyone is doing well!! :)

Sounds fun (vacation and working out). I’m proud of you for joining the gym. That is so cool that your boyfriend will be able to help train you. How fun!

But...in great news, we were approved to adopt the dog! She's coming up here on Saturday!! SO excited! We got some supplies and DH is actually getting excited, too. Her foster mom keeps sending me pics and it's making me so anxious to see her!

Yay, can’t wait to hear all about it and see pictures!

Haven't caught up, and have no idea what happened in this thread over the weekend. :p This time next week, I should be running on a beach at the Oregon Coast! Lots of work to do before I go on vacation, so I'll be a little MIA. Keep at it, peeps!

AHHH Jealous! I love Oregon. Where are you going? I’ve been there several times and I miss it. :(

The beach house is in Lincoln City. We usually stay somewhere around Lincoln City or Depoe Bay. We've gone south to Bandon a couple of times. My grandparents live in Tillamook, so we'll be stopping by there on our way through, too.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Happy to have you back @riderfangal !!
    @Tubbs216 your new picture is pretty!!

I was just going to type this same thing! Like, almost word for word! :)
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, checking in. I went camping over the weekend and it was pretty nice. It was my kid's first time camping in the actual outdoor woods. I know people do it, but I was very worried about camping with any babies, so this year was the first year I felt comfortable. They loved it, and I'm so glad because I plan on taking them out a lot this summer.

The thread is messed up for me and I lost my spot. If I missed anything someone said to me, I'm sorry. I haven't heard back from the police about my sister yet. I guess they don't care as much if someone pretends to be you as a witness instead of a criminal.

Thirdly - I saw someone mention Goodreads. If anyone wants to add me, you can! I love sharing books with friends.

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/8630108-amber
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Thinking about me as a little kid inspired me to dig these out:
    Past the bald-blob stage but I don't have any of those on my phone unfortunately, haha.
    Anyone have any of themselves?
    What a cutie pie!! I might have some old pictures of me on Facebook. Maybe I can figure out how to get them on here...
    If you right-click them and save the image url, you can just paste it in here like this:
    [ img ] www.yourcopyandpastedlink.com [/ img ]
    but without any spaces.
    10613070_10203415220996122_8274225525690114739_n_zpsbt3d9ifa.jpg.html?&_suid=143593998689402962107820568675
    You're close! I think I can fix it. Here's @kecmw25:
    You did! How did you fix it? How old are those pictures huh?
    You were like a little doll! And speaking of dolls, I had a similar huge Raggedy Ann too. Kind of scary now, but it's funny how that stuff looks different to us now.
    Aww, thanks! I posted them to show someone how I looked at that age since I post so many pictures of my daughter on Facebook. Confession: I'm one of those moms :)
    I don't think you looked like a blob at all, you were adorable!!
    I love your avatar... Susie...you need to look at that one. The Hey, you...don't give up, OK?
    I think that is great.

I was going to make the same comment. Love that avatar!
    P.s. –I hope your knee is okay!

@Italian_Buju thank you for sharing that. I'm pretty sure I have some tendencies, I do the repeated checking of my bag, I always used to eat all of one thing on my plate, although I have mostly managed now to stop doing that. I actually have a lot of weird things with food, which watching tv discovered a lot were things people with anorexia do, so I'm not sure how come I'm the size I am! I think a lot of mine are checking and ordering things, that I don't really realise I do. My mum knows if I've been round while she's out because if there's a pile of coins on the side it'll have been stacked in height order.
    I think most people have some tendencies that can be considered OCD like.....the main difference is the focus and obsession in doing the task. It is odd though that so many people can have tendencies like that.
    That worries me about the anorexia tendencies, have you talked to someone about that??
    No, I haven't, it's things like eating food in certain orders, and knowing the calories in everything. I can't remember the others, just remember when I watched it realised almost all of them were things I do. But I've never even made it to my goal weight (or even halfway!), so I don't really think it's something to worry about. Although I think that was probably when I started trying not to eat all my food in order.

I have a lot of food I have to eat in a certain order too. Then there are things like pizza where I have to take all the toppings/cheese off and eat the crust first. Then I eat all the toppings last. I get frustrated because I do this every time and sometimes I just think I need to eat like a normal person. Haha

I am exactly the same way with pizza and now I notice my son does the same thing haha

So funny!
    I just posted last night about how I eat my crust first (I usually only have cheese and no toppings) but I eat the rest normally. It's such a pain to pull the crust off because then holding the rest of the piece is so messy...yet I do it every time!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    @Italian_Buju thank you so much for sharing this.

i'm a hoarder. which i always have to quantify with "not like the ppl on the tv shows." they should have a hoarders show where the person has 30 jars of tomato sauce, 20 boxes of pasta, 100 rolls of paper towels, 120 rolls of tp, etc. etc.

but as long as i keep my place relatively clean, instead of having a problem, i'm just a Super Couponer!
    Interesting you say that. When I've watched the show Extreme Couponers (NO JUDGEMENT!) I've thought to myself "They're just really organised hoarders".

My sister has confided to me that she has hoarding tendencies. She buys things like school supplies because the sale at Staples was 'too good not to'. All her kids are long out of school, so she ends up donating them to schools in less affluent areas. She does the same with craft supplies. We have an 'arrangement' that I'll be the one to sort out her craft room if she dies.

no judgement, i totally used to watch all of those couponer shows and i was SO JEALOUS!!! i want 36 bottles of diet dr pepper for .56 cents! ;)
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Confession

Wow, that must be hard to deal with. I don't even know what to say. (HUGS)

My weekend was great! My daughter came to visit on Friday, and she's not leaving until tomorrow. I'm making her go to the doctor in the morning. She's so depressed, I think she's cried about 25% of every day she's been here. It hurts my heart.
    We had BBQ pork steaks and fried potatoes on Friday evening, and a pot roast and homemade dumplings yesterday and brownies with ice cream. Yeah, I made some of the favorite comfort foods. We had fireworks at home Friday night and last night, and saw the fireworks in Nashville on the 4th. Also, we all drank too much that day. Ugh.

Thanks for taking care of your daughter. Poor thing-being so depressed. That makes me sad.

kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @kelly_c_77 I hope kitty is doing well.

Thank you and the others who have mentioned her well being.. she is much better today...I'd say 90% "normal"... we'll probably still get her into the vet for a general check up just to be sure.
    @FroggyBug, one of our other cats, Scrappy, has had surgery twice now to remove foreign objects. He loves to chew/eat things that he's not supposed to....anything made of foam and skinny cords. Phone charger cords, earbuds cords, Christmas lights, our son's monitor charging cord are some of his favorites. We used to have a large foam mat under a rug that was underneath our treadmill. The rug was only a bit bigger than the foam mat (about an extra inch over the edges of the mat on all sides). Anyway, he would lift up the corners of the rug and chew off pieces of the mat...two separate times, about 6 months apart from each other, he actually swallowed chunks of the mat and they got lodged in his intestines. We wouldn't know until he would get sick after any time he ate or drank..because nothing could pass through...it all had to come back up.
    So yeah, lots of experience with that sort of thing. Skye is holding everything down..just not overly interested in her regular food.

Glad your cat is doing better. While I’m not glad that your other cat ate all that random stuff, at least it let you know what to look for.
  • rungirl1973
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi guys, checking in. I went camping over the weekend and it was pretty nice. It was my kid's first time camping in the actual outdoor woods. I know people do it, but I was very worried about camping with any babies, so this year was the first year I felt comfortable. They loved it, and I'm so glad because I plan on taking them out a lot this summer.

The thread is messed up for me and I lost my spot. If I missed anything someone said to me, I'm sorry. I haven't heard back from the police about my sister yet. I guess they don't care as much if someone pretends to be you as a witness instead of a criminal.

Thirdly - I saw someone mention Goodreads. If anyone wants to add me, you can! I love sharing books with friends.

I added you. :)

My name is Tammy, and my Siamese kitty Max is my profile pic there.

https://goodreads.com/user/show/5477691-tammy
  • riderfangal
    Options

Me, too! I wonder if I order it off Amazon if it would arrive in time for my vacation?

ETA: I bought it and it's supposed to arrive by tomorrow. I love Amazon Prime! I also bought her other book, The Plum Tree, just because. Can't have too many books for vacation!

I have the kindle app for my tablet and Amazon has what is called Kindle Unlimited where for $9.95/month you can download up to 10 books at a time for that one price. Best thing ever!!

I also downloaded the Plum Tree . Going to start that one tonight lol
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! I'm surprised that there are so many pages to catch up on. I'm currently working on it. :)

I had a good birthday. I actually got a swimming suit and swam for the first time in a LONG time. I swam Friday and Saturday before the storms rolled in. I got to see fireworks Thursday, Friday and Saturday (I love fireworks). I was able to eat bbq, s'mores and had a lot of fun. I'm sad it is over.

My boyfriend did hang out with me from Thursday to Sunday. We got along well. Last night we decided to take a break and he is going to work on himself. I think it is a good thing. I finally think he understands how hurt my heart was/is. I'm feeling better at least.

Sounds like an awesome holiday weekend!

Confession: I found out last night that a friend I used to work with has just been charged with second-degree murder of his wife, who has been missing since November. I'm having a hard time and am absolutely shocked, and still don't really believe it, even though the police quotes say he's been concealing the body at his home for the past 8 months. It just doesn't seem to compute at all against the person I remember.

Wow that is nuts! Where in the world was he concealing the body for that long? After watching a special about Ted Bundy a few weeks ago it was interesting to learn that mystery author Ann Rule & him were once coworkers.

Aw sorry to hear about your daughter.

Sounds like you had a day of yummy food & fun.

Thanks. We did have a great weekend, but it really stinks when your kid is hurting. :(

She's 21 years old and dealing with her first heartbreak. The guy she was "talking to" also took her virginity.
    I think she's more sad that she's going to have too much free time now more than anything.

Sorry about your daughter! It's nice she can confide in you about her (former)personal relationship with him. You guys must be close. :)
  • quiksylver296
    edited July 2015
    Options

I added you. :)

My name is Tammy, and my Siamese kitty Max is my profile pic there.

https://goodreads.com/user/show/5477691-tammy

Trying to fix so I can link...

Ok, I created a profile and added you both!

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/44563667

Hope this works to link to me
  • FroggyBug
    edited July 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Thinking about me as a little kid inspired me to dig these out:
    Past the bald-blob stage but I don't have any of those on my phone unfortunately, haha.
    Anyone have any of themselves?
    What a cutie pie!! I might have some old pictures of me on Facebook. Maybe I can figure out how to get them on here...
    If you right-click them and save the image url, you can just paste it in here like this:
    [ img ] www.yourcopyandpastedlink.com [/ img ]
    but without any spaces.
    10613070_10203415220996122_8274225525690114739_n_zpsbt3d9ifa.jpg.html?&_suid=143593998689402962107820568675
    You're close! I think I can fix it. Here's @kecmw25:
    You did! How did you fix it? How old are those pictures huh?
    You were like a little doll! And speaking of dolls, I had a similar huge Raggedy Ann too. Kind of scary now, but it's funny how that stuff looks different to us now.
    Aww, thanks! I posted them to show someone how I looked at that age since I post so many pictures of my daughter on Facebook. Confession: I'm one of those moms :)
    I don't think you looked like a blob at all, you were adorable!!
    I love your avatar... Susie...you need to look at that one. The Hey, you...don't give up, OK?
    I think that is great.

I was going to make the same comment. Love that avatar!
    P.s. –I hope your knee is okay!

@Italian_Buju thank you for sharing that. I'm pretty sure I have some tendencies, I do the repeated checking of my bag, I always used to eat all of one thing on my plate, although I have mostly managed now to stop doing that. I actually have a lot of weird things with food, which watching tv discovered a lot were things people with anorexia do, so I'm not sure how come I'm the size I am! I think a lot of mine are checking and ordering things, that I don't really realise I do. My mum knows if I've been round while she's out because if there's a pile of coins on the side it'll have been stacked in height order.
    I think most people have some tendencies that can be considered OCD like.....the main difference is the focus and obsession in doing the task. It is odd though that so many people can have tendencies like that.
    That worries me about the anorexia tendencies, have you talked to someone about that??
    No, I haven't, it's things like eating food in certain orders, and knowing the calories in everything. I can't remember the others, just remember when I watched it realised almost all of them were things I do. But I've never even made it to my goal weight (or even halfway!), so I don't really think it's something to worry about. Although I think that was probably when I started trying not to eat all my food in order.

I have a lot of food I have to eat in a certain order too. Then there are things like pizza where I have to take all the toppings/cheese off and eat the crust first. Then I eat all the toppings last. I get frustrated because I do this every time and sometimes I just think I need to eat like a normal person. Haha

I am exactly the same way with pizza and now I notice my son does the same thing haha

I really do love this thread. I always think I’m so weird and then you guys let me know you do these things too.

Tubbs216 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @Tubbs216 your new picture is pretty!!
    Thanks! Hogwarts challenge is over now, so I needed something new. It's a picture of some cookies I made a while ago.

You made them? OMG Wow. I’m impressed. They are beautiful and I want them.

The beach house is in Lincoln City. We usually stay somewhere around Lincoln City or Depoe Bay. We've gone south to Bandon a couple of times. My grandparents live in Tillamook, so we'll be stopping by there on our way through, too.

Lucky. I hope you get to see some whales. :) I love whale watching at Depoe Bay. Also, I love the ice cream at Tillamook (the factory). I got some licorice ice cream that was delicious!!!