Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I posted Friday about not having any willpower lately...so I celebrated Independance Day by eating whatever I wanted all weekend. I am determined to get back on track now. I think I'm going to follow the advice I've read on here multiple times by taking this one thing/habit at a time. Starting with tracking all my food. This is probably the habit I most recently got out of so it makes sense to jump back into it 1st.

A little NSV tho, I usually wear a body shaping cami under everything. The last couple of weekends, and today, I was comfortable enough to skip it.

It seems like a lot of us have gotten off track a bit lately. I know I have struggled. Good for you for taking it one step at a time. And awesome on your NSV!

I too have been struggling. Seems like I hit the half way mark and my motivation went out the window. I am starting fresh today and its all starting with tightening up my logging! And I really need to stop eating the leftovers off Kyptons plate. Really I do!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 30 pages behind (largely avoided my laptop this weekend and was off today) but I'm still alive!

NSV: Put on a shirt today that I wore on vacation two years ago. The difference is huge, and that was such a great motivation boost!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I hope you feel better soon! Stay strong, girl... we all know you're awesome! I wish I could send you some airplane pictures to maybe cheer you up a little.... but unfortunately the clouds were so dark and heavy when I flew to and from Punta Cana that I didn't see anything worth getting. Just a constant blanket of cloud :(

I've been watching Survivor today after a LONG hiatus away from this show. The thing about shows like these are that they give me huge adrenaline boosts. It's all the excitement, people blind-sighting each other... people I like winning challenges when they thought they were going home, etc. It's the same thing when singers perform really well on The Voice. My boyfriend doesn't understand how these happy adrenaline rushes come out of reality TV :lol: The guy I want to win won an Immunity challenge (the underdog... I usually go for the underdogs...), so I was up out of my seat dancing around. Maybe I'm just a dork.

I like Survivor too! Are they reruns right now? Which season/which guy was it? Just curious.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 30 pages behind (largely avoided my laptop this weekend and was off today) but I'm still alive!

NSV: Put on a shirt today that I wore on vacation two years ago. The difference is huge, and that was such a great motivation boost!

Yay!! Is that it in the picture? Cause you look amazing :)
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    So I just wrote a poor-me pity party post that MFP ate instead of posting. After skimming what's going on here though, I think that's good, I have nothing to be having a pity party about.

Hugs and happy thoughts to everyone and good luck tonight @KylerJaye

Hey! Just because you feel like your problems are somehow less important than others, you are entitled to your feelings. Your pity party is welcome here. ;)

Yup, vent away!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I posted Friday about not having any willpower lately...so I celebrated Independance Day by eating whatever I wanted all weekend. I am determined to get back on track now. I think I'm going to follow the advice I've read on here multiple times by taking this one thing/habit at a time. Starting with tracking all my food. This is probably the habit I most recently got out of so it makes sense to jump back into it 1st.

A little NSV tho, I usually wear a body shaping cami under everything. The last couple of weekends, and today, I was comfortable enough to skip it.

It seems like a lot of us have gotten off track a bit lately. I know I have struggled. Good for you for taking it one step at a time. And awesome on your NSV!

I too have been struggling. Seems like I hit the half way mark and my motivation went out the window. I am starting fresh today and its all starting with tightening up my logging! And I really need to stop eating the leftovers off Kyptons plate. Really I do!

Right?!? I eat the leftovers off my daughters plate all the time. It's either me or the dog :p
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Well, this is totally not a real problem, but pity party commenced. (Warning this is rather lame and I really just need to be told suck it up buttercup).

I hate how bothered I am by numbers on the scale. I'm recomping currently - which should not include weight gain as I am not attempting to bulk - but I've been over the top number I would like to be at for a couple of weeks now. I know it's probably just DOMS as Stronglifts is kicking my butt and my clothes fit the same if not better, but it really gets to me and I'm considering reducing calories even though I know its a bad idea for recomp progress but I'm letting the scale rule me.

I don't like how I let the scale rule me in general. On one hand it's good - even though I was using hair ties to extend the buttons on my pants instead of buying a bigger size - it wasn't until I saw 150 on the scale, which meant 25 BMI and officially over weight that I decided to do something about it. It's also great because I don't have to track food, make sure I stay in my 5 pound range and all's well. But then I have days like today and want to throw a giant pity party because the scale says a number I don't like which is actually not a real problem and I need to suck it up.

Pity party over. Sorry it's a lame pity party.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    May not be appropriate for @Susieq_1994!

Confession: I found out last night that a friend I used to work with has just been charged with second-degree murder of his wife, who has been missing since November. I'm having a hard time and am absolutely shocked, and still don't really believe it, even though the police quotes say he's been concealing the body at his home for the past 8 months. It just doesn't seem to compute at all against the person I remember.

HOLY! That's crazy...I would have a hard time believing it too! That's insane!

We must live in the same province, @hnsaunde. The murdered woman was a friend of a friend and my Facebook is blowing up this morning about this. From what I've read, you're not the only one who would never have suspected him...but I guess that's the thing about the kind of person who can do something like this, right? There's usually a personality disorder involved that means the person is a very, very good liar and a master manipulator.

I would have to say most of the abusive people I've known have been super charming and most people don't ever guess at what they're really like. I realize it is anecdotal, but a lot of people used to tell me they wished they had my mother for instance.

From experience, I have to say I completely agree. It's horrible the way an abuser can carry on in public like everything is so normal and they're SO WELL-LIKED by everyone they meet. It makes me sick.

Without getting into personal details, I know this ALL TOO WELL. They are so charming that everyone thinks YOU'RE the problem, not them. They lie on top of their lies and manipulate everyone, and the worst part is, you start to feel like YOU'RE the crazy one, or like there's something wrong with you, not them. It's horrible.

Nowadays I stay as FAR AWAY from the crazy as I can. My radar for crazy has gotten much better.

Yes, this!!!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Went waaay off the rails this past weekend. So afraid that I didn't weigh myself this AM either. (I am giving my body a day to settle down). Oh well, at least I know I am done with gelato. I mean Talenti was great, kinda. Fudge Brownie was awesome. The Pistachio, eh not so much. Did anyone ever try the mango flavor? Even though it's literally mango and sugar, I find myself intrigued.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Well, this is totally not a real problem, but pity party commenced. (Warning this is rather lame and I really just need to be told suck it up buttercup).

I hate how bothered I am by numbers on the scale. I'm recomping currently - which should not include weight gain as I am not attempting to bulk - but I've been over the top number I would like to be at for a couple of weeks now. I know it's probably just DOMS as Stronglifts is kicking my butt and my clothes fit the same if not better, but it really gets to me and I'm considering reducing calories even though I know its a bad idea for recomp progress but I'm letting the scale rule me.

I don't like how I let the scale rule me in general. On one hand it's good - even though I was using hair ties to extend the buttons on my pants instead of buying a bigger size - it wasn't until I saw 150 on the scale, which meant 25 BMI and officially over weight that I decided to do something about it. It's also great because I don't have to track food, make sure I stay in my 5 pound range and all's well. But then I have days like today and want to throw a giant pity party because the scale says a number I don't like which is actually not a real problem and I need to suck it up.

It's not lame at all. I admit the scale rules my life too...not that I want to..but it does. It can ruin my day...even when I know it's just water weight from the day before.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I hope you feel better soon! Stay strong, girl... we all know you're awesome! I wish I could send you some airplane pictures to maybe cheer you up a little.... but unfortunately the clouds were so dark and heavy when I flew to and from Punta Cana that I didn't see anything worth getting. Just a constant blanket of cloud :(

I've been watching Survivor today after a LONG hiatus away from this show. The thing about shows like these are that they give me huge adrenaline boosts. It's all the excitement, people blind-sighting each other... people I like winning challenges when they thought they were going home, etc. It's the same thing when singers perform really well on The Voice. My boyfriend doesn't understand how these happy adrenaline rushes come out of reality TV :lol: The guy I want to win won an Immunity challenge (the underdog... I usually go for the underdogs...), so I was up out of my seat dancing around. Maybe I'm just a dork.

I like Survivor too! Are they reruns right now? Which season/which guy was it? Just curious.
    The latest season I watched before this one was Heroes vs Villains. This one is Season 28 (Cagayan) and the guy was Spencer. He was my favorite, but alas... he was just voted out. Sad :( Now it's a no brainer who's going to win out of the final 3.

EDIT: Watching it on YouTube :lol:
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

Awesome! Love the side by side picture!!! You look great!
  • riderfangal
    Options

Right?!? I eat the leftovers off my daughters plate all the time. It's either me or the dog :p

Haha. When I first started on MFP I kept a shaker of salt right beside me so when he was done eating I would douse what was left on his plate with salt so it was inedible. I may have to start doing that again :)
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 I read a good book over the weekend. It is called What She left Behind by Ellen Marie Wiseman. Its about a young woman committed to an insane asylum in the 1930's by her father because she wouldn't marry who he wanted her too. Was so good I was sad when it ended

I'm going to add that to my Goodreads list. Sounds like it could be up my alley!

Me, too! I wonder if I order it off Amazon if it would arrive in time for my vacation?

ETA: I bought it and it's supposed to arrive by tomorrow. I love Amazon Prime! I also bought her other book, The Plum Tree, just because. Can't have too many books for vacation!

I have the kindle app for my tablet and Amazon has what is called Kindle Unlimited where for $9.95/month you can download up to 10 books at a time for that one price. Best thing ever!!

I also downloaded the Plum Tree . Going to start that one tonight lol

I've tried an e-reader. I just prefer real paper books...

Count me in as a real book reader. I got a kindle for christmas years ago, I just couldn't get into it. I recently signed up with the library in this City, man oh man I am in love all over again. So many books and so little time!

In the digital age this is an often forgotten resource!
  • riderfangal
    Options

It's not a lame pity party. My scale gets the best of me most days.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 Praying for you and hoping you're better soon!!! ❤️

I have to reschedule my doctor's appointment because apparently the doctor won't be in the office that day. I'm hoping I can be seen soon because I'm at the end of my rope with my depression, anxiety, and other issues. I'm so over "faking it", I'm NOT happy and I'm NOT okay!

Can you call and schedule an emergency visit? That's what my sister did..and they got her in that very morning. Those were the exact words she used...she said she needed emergency visit. She was having really bad thoughts/struggling with depression and super high anxiety. Now she's good to go! :)

I'm waiting for them to call me back since I had to leave a message. If they tell me they only have something later this month, I'll try the emergency visit. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be blessed out for stopping my medication. It's taken me awhile to accept that it's okay to use medication (and pleading from my husband), and I've lost control of the situation. :(
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

Awesome NSV! Looking good.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

I see that in your profile pic, awesome job!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options

AWESOME NSV!! You look absolutely amazing!

• girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 I read a good book over the weekend. It is called What She left Behind by Ellen Marie Wiseman. Its about a young woman committed to an insane asylum in the 1930's by her father because she wouldn't marry who he wanted her too. Was so good I was sad when it ended

I'm going to add that to my Goodreads list. Sounds like it could be up my alley!

Me, too! I wonder if I order it off Amazon if it would arrive in time for my vacation?

ETA: I bought it and it's supposed to arrive by tomorrow. I love Amazon Prime! I also bought her other book, The Plum Tree, just because. Can't have too many books for vacation!

I have the kindle app for my tablet and Amazon has what is called Kindle Unlimited where for $9.95/month you can download up to 10 books at a time for that one price. Best thing ever!!

I also downloaded the Plum Tree . Going to start that one tonight lol

I've tried an e-reader. I just prefer real paper books...

Count me in as a real book reader. I got a kindle for christmas years ago, I just couldn't get into it. I recently signed up with the library in this City, man oh man I am in love all over again. So many books and so little time!

I prefer real books too! I got a Kobo a few years ago (Canada's big book store chain is Chapters, they have the Kobo e-reader) and I ended up using it to play solitaire. I never downloaded a single book.

I am totally in the minority here. I read all my books on my tablet. A friend bought me a book I was really wanting to read and it is collecting dust. I bought the e-book for myself later ;)

I <3 my kindle too!