Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    It makes me feel bad when I'm trying to eat healthy and people are eating fried, greasy, salty, sugary, etc. foods right in front of me. I know it shouldn't effect me so much, but it does :disappointed:

Just think of how it's affecting them. Expanding waistlines, clogged arteries, skin blemishes! Meanwhile, the healthy food you ate is high-fiving every component in your body. :)

I love that description! Too bad you didn't tell me that before I ordered the fried pickles and nachos last night and made myself feel like ick all day today...

LOL thanks. It's all I had! Funny cuz I was just eyeballing the fried pickles in the frozen section the other day and realized I had that brand before and found them to have waay too much breading on them.

That is a real thing? (Wrapping my mind around it.)

Yes and they are delicious if done correctly.

Fried pickles and ranch...yum...

You, I like!!! +1
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I am in such a bad mood today. My daughter had a complete meltdown last night & of course, I didn't handle it well. She didn't want to go to bed, wouldn't let me brush her teeth, was hitting and kicking me when I was trying to change her into her pjs so I told her she could sleep in her diaper and slammed the door to her room. She screamed!!! I waited until she calmed down and went in her room, hugged her, told her I loved her and was sorry I lost my temper. Then I told her she should say she was sorry to me too. She did and we finished her bedtime routine then but I feel just awful. I get teary just thinking about it. I was almost late for work today and people have been in and out of the office all day. It's hard to act nice when I just want to cry...or sleep. I'll take either right now.

On the plus side, since I visited the fitbit thread and added so many new friends yesterday (thanks for all the adds!) I am motivated to get moving more today and am about to set out on my 2nd mini walk of the work day.

Every parent loses their cool. It happens.

Yay! for going on the mini-walk. I've noticed that since I have Fitbit friends now, I make it a point to get up waaaay more often than I was. The first day, I think I got less than 2,000 steps the entire day. I'm still not walking 10,000 steps every day, but I'm moving my tush way more than before.

I love all my new Fibit friends!!

I love all the new challenges. I need to make a point to check the lists and make sure I don't join more than one from our group so everybody gets in on it!

I have gotten emails inviting me to join the challenge and when I click to view...I don't see any type of info. So, I don't know if I'm part of any or not...hate to be taking up space in a challenge that I have no info on...

That's really odd @kelly_c_77 . I noticed we have never been on the same challenge but I thought it just had worked out that way. I am going to send you a request for a single day showdown just to see what happens

I just got it..clicked it and all it said was join the challenge...with nothing else. So have I joined? What is the actual challenge?

I'm in the same boat, I have no idea how to see a challenge in the fitbit app. No idea on progress or who else is in it, or anything. Where do you look for it? Do you have to have the premium package?

If you are on a smartphone you can just click on the challenges - you are in a work week hustle with me.

On the computer - apparently you can't see them -you need the app. That's weird.

But you are in 4th out of 8 of us as of right now.

Thanks, I was looking on the computer.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I went for a swim at long last. I usually go twice a week, and it had been over a fortnight. I was astonished at how much my legs ached afterwards (a good working hard muscle ache though), you sure do lose your fitness level quickly when you take a break! I tried to minimize the risk of achey hips by avoiding breast stroke and only doing crawl so that probably added to the tiredness (crawl is hard with no breaks) but I did about 40-50 lengths in a slow crawl so I was happy with that. It's not a mile, but it's not bad.

Anyway, my hips do ache a bit this morning. Not as bad as last time. But it proves it's related to movement and it's probably not going to get better until I have the sprog. Oh well. I think I will continue swimming because the fitness and wellbeing benefits outweigh the current level of hip ache, but I will be sure to have at least 3 days between swims, and avoid breast stroke.

I just realised you might not know what a sprog is. British for small child. Although I usually refer to babies as 'sproglets' I'm not sure that's a real word.

I'm glad you got to swim. I'm sorry if I missed a post from you earlier, but do you have SPD? If you haven't been diagnosed with it, and your hips keep hurting worse and worse throughout your pregnancy, mention it to your midwife. They can give you physical therapy to help, and pain killers if needed.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Muchas gracious @berlynnwall and Tubbs.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I love the shoes, @pofoster21! I wear heels pretty much every day (in the office anyway...I switch to flats for my walk to and from work) and am definitely a shoe girl but I don't think I have a single pair of heeled sandals because I'm kind of weird about feet and like them to be covered. I'm jealous of the cute options for people who aren't weird like me though!

I'm currently trying to figure out what to wear with the (third...) dress I bought for the wedding this weekend because something open-toed makes way more sense in this weather, but I think my toes are too gross for the one pair of peep-toes I have....TMI WARNING: I lose my big toenails every year in March from skiing (hard boots, fast skiing, tons of pressure) so for most of sandal season they're only half grown back, which looks pretty awful.

I cannot deal with open-toed shoes. I'm only okay with extremes. I want my feet enclosed, or to (preferably) be without shoes. I'm starting to come around on flip flops for the convenience factor. No way I could wear a pair of heels that were open though.

And you thought you were weird.

I am strange too. I almost always have my feet covered. I like to have either shoes or socks on almost all the time. I don't like flip flops because they always make my toes hurt so I gave up on trying to wear them. I only wear stuff like that on the beach when I want to walk in the water.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    eta: thanks for the guy comment, i'm trying to not get discouraged! going out to meet a dude tonight, let's hope he's not crazy or meh! :)

I hope it goes better than the last two!

Chiming in here....your date is probably over already, hope it went well!

post date update:

met the dude at a tavern downtown. really super nice guy. had good conversation, were able to laugh and joke a lot, which is awesome. not creepy and not meh (woo!) lol

issues i'm currently trying to reconcile in my brain: (remember NO JUDGEMENT)
    - if i hadn't met him on a dating website, where orientation is posted, i would NEVER believe this guy is straight. i texted my friend (who is gay) that i was on a date with his straight doppelganger. so many times through out the night in my head i was just like, omg this is frank, i'm on a date with straight frank. boisterous, animated, like that always turned on and ready to take the stage personality.

- very very talkative. which isn't terrible, but he'd ask me something and half way through my story, he'd being going off on a tangent on something else, and completely cut me off. so like, a 3 minute story would take me like 10 minutes as i'd have to reel him back off the tangent, pick up where i left off and keep going. and the random tangents were funny and he had tons of interesting things to talk about, but seriously talked way more than me. way, way more.

- he's about an inch taller than me, and has a much more slender build. i'm quite "thick," i have tree trunk thighs that aren't going anywhere. so it's kinda like oh, here's dude and his fat girlfriend. and maybe that's dumb of me to think, but i do.

he did say he had a really good time and would like to see me again. which i might do to see if maybe he was just nervous/excited on the "first" date?

That sounds like an improvement! If you like him, I would give him another shot. I talk way too much when I'm nervous, so I sympathize with him haha.

"dude and his fat girlfriend" - No. If he wants to see you again, he likes how you look. I understand your feelings on that (because I'm the wife of "dude and his fat wife"), but don't let what others think stop you from seeing a good guy.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Ugh...feeling like I'm going to cave in today and go redeem my free Blizzard from Dairy Queen...it expires in 3 days.

I would use it but that's just me. :) Just cut some calories each day to help with a deficit maybe?
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    eta: thanks for the guy comment, i'm trying to not get discouraged! going out to meet a dude tonight, let's hope he's not crazy or meh! :)

post date update:

met the dude at a tavern downtown. really super nice guy. had good conversation, were able to laugh and joke a lot, which is awesome. not creepy and not meh (woo!) lol

- if i hadn't met him on a dating website, where orientation is posted, i would NEVER believe this guy is straight. i texted my friend (who is gay) that i was on a date with his straight doppelganger. so many times through out the night in my head i was just like, omg this is frank, i'm on a date with straight frank. boisterous, animated, like that always turned on and ready to take the stage personality.

- very very talkative. which isn't terrible, but he'd ask me something and half way through my story, he'd being going off on a tangent on something else, and completely cut me off. so like, a 3 minute story would take me like 10 minutes as i'd have to reel him back off the tangent, pick up where i left off and keep going. and the random tangents were funny and he had tons of interesting things to talk about, but seriously talked way more than me. way, way more.

- he's about an inch taller than me, and has a much more slender build. i'm quite "thick," i have tree trunk thighs that aren't going anywhere. so it's kinda like oh, here's dude and his fat girlfriend. and maybe that's dumb of me to think, but i do.

he did say he had a really good time and would like to see me again. which i might do to see if maybe he was just nervous/excited on the "first" date?

Glad he wasn't crazy.

I'd go out with him again and see how that goes. He may have been a nervous talker?

My husband is a little ADHD. He'll tell a story, go off on a tangent, and I have to reel him back in regularly. I've gotten used to that. That point hit home for me. LOL
    I also sometimes have to say, "Can I finish my story?" when he cuts me off. He doesn't even realize he's doing it.

That's different than somebody who's so stuck on himself that he won't listen to you...

My favorite story about my ex, who absolutely has ADHD and not just a little:
    We had just gotten back from the clinic where we found out I was pregnant. We were both panicked, trying to figure out what to do. He was saying that we had to get married, I was like "no way". I was crying. It was a mess. Then all of a sudden, he looks at me dead serious and asks "do you believe in aliens? Because I saw this show on TV about how aliens..." I was so dumbfounded. All I could do was crack up laughing.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Sorry for all my Survivor posts.... I'm going on a complete spree over here. Most people probably aren't going to know what I'm rambling on about :lol: But for those who might have some interest...

Mike has won my respect at this point because he's turned into a beast at challenges (and into the underdog... my weakness). I didn't like him much for a while but now I'm rooting for either him or Carolyn :tongue:

@berlynnwall That story is hilarious :lol:
  • FroggyBug
    Options

ETA: I "learned" to date in my 40's. I never "dated" like that before, I didn't know how to do it. It was so fun and cool (and scary) to discover so much about myself. I was always 100% myself and clear that I was looking for a good relationship. I did work hard on keeping good boundaries and only dating men who didn't raise red flags.

What are some red flags for people?
    The one's I really looked for:

Very angry/resentful toward someone (i.e., ex, mother, sibling, etc.) even if deserved it should not come out in date #1 or #2.

Pushing for "cuddles" or anything else very quickly.

Not understanding what an appropriate level of activity for a first or second date would be (i.e. writing a song for me after one email exchange, planning a weekend away in another state for a second date.)

Not having an appropriate job for his age (i.e. I am in the middle age dating pool, I want to date someone not support him financially.)

What other red flags come to mind?

I may be able to come up with more but the pushing for cuddles one is the worst. I went on a date once with this guy who kept trying to hug and kiss me and it really freaked me out and grossed me out. I was like, "Dude, it's the first date." It was the octopus thing where they keep wrapping you up. Not a good sign.

LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Sadly- I was one gross little girl growing up according to my parents. I hated showers and refused to take them so the only way I could get clean was a bath (I can't handle baths unless I've showered before it). Apparently I rarely changed my underwear and I picked my nose a lot. Such a beautiful little girl!

Surprisingly though I've always been an avid teeth brushing kid/adult. I just had my first cavity :( Two weeks and I go have it filled!

Yea I kind of was too. Now I'm embarrassed about how I was as a kid but I really was depressed back then too. I didn't really care about taking care of myself so I just didn't.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I didn't really care about taking care of myself so I just didn't.
    Same here. I hate just thinking about it. :(

• berlynnwall
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Daughter went to the doctor this morning. If I wasn't there, she wouldn't have told them the whole story, so I went with. The anxiety, it's worse than I realized. Poor girl, she has anxiety over every social situation. I had no idea.

Anyhow, they are checking her thyroid, gave her a prescription, and she'll go back in 4 weeks to see how it's going.

My son went to the dentist. I know there are thousands of dollars of work that needs to be done on his teeth. The dentist sent him home with a "procedure plan" to review and plan for the next steps. Ugh. I guess I'll look at that when I get home. But, really, what am I going to do? He only has one set of teeth. They have to be taken care of, or he'll have dentures by age 25. Dang kid.
    Oh, so sorry :/ What was the prescription for? The anxiety?
    I could have written this. My daughter is really struggling too (19 yo - the one with anemia, which is not improving), and we had to spend $2000 on fillings for my son because he didn't brush properly when he had braces. Seriously, kid?

My parents would have killed me.
    Yeah, he wasn't Mr Popular.

The boy's teeth are literally rotting / chipping away. He has one that's chipped all the way down to the gumline. He said, "I wish I would have brushed more when I was younger.'

Really? What were you doing every day when I sent you to the bathroom to brush your teeth?

Ugh.
    Teenage boys are truly disgusting, with their BO and brown teeth and devil-may-care attitudes.
    I nagged and nagged my oldest to take showers, brush his teeth, change his clothes etc etc. Nothing. Then he suddenly started doing all those things and I asked him why. A girl at school had told him he smelled bad. That was all it took. I'm thinking of paying a girl at #2 son's school to do the same for him.

Dang kids. My son is 11, and the same type of thing happens all the time. I have to badger him to shower and keep clean clothes on. He would wear the same outfit for days if I let him. He even read a book series I had previously tried to get him interested in with no luck because a girl he liked was reading it.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options

post date update:

Glad he wasn't crazy.

I'd go out with him again and see how that goes. He may have been a nervous talker?

My husband is a little ADHD. He'll tell a story, go off on a tangent, and I have to reel him back in regularly. I've gotten used to that. That point hit home for me. LOL
    I also sometimes have to say, "Can I finish my story?" when he cuts me off. He doesn't even realize he's doing it.

That's different than somebody who's so stuck on himself that he won't listen to you...

post date update:

Interesting! So are you saying that you think he's actually gay but dating women, or that he just reminded you of your gay friend?

I think you should definitely see him again, if only because you might make a great friend. Unless he talks too much!

Also, regarding physical differences, just to say that my parents are the same height, but for most of their marriage she's been probably a hundred pounds heavier than him. He's loved her and been attracted to her for 52 years, so try not to stress over that side of things.

I was going to say the same thing about the follow up date. If nothing else, maybe you will make a friend that is fun to talk to.

My parents are the same way as well. My mom is heavier than my dad but he has always loved her so much. They look fine together to me. :)

these give me hope <3

If nothing else, you are learning more about you, about what works for you and what does not work for you. If he is right for you and you are right for him that is wonderful. If that is not the case, no worries, you are that much closer to the right one!

I think I read the average number of "dates" to find the right one is 70. YIKES! I learned so much about myself in the time I spent dating. I got some funny stories too. There was a sweetheart of a man who really liked me, he was interesting and fun. He, sadly, looked JUST like my younger brother. I couldn't even go on a second date with him. :smiley: There was the one who looked (even more sadly) JUST like my former sister in law. I could barely look at him on our coffee date. As the numbers went I think I had (in about six months) 700+ emails of any kind, 100+ email and/or phone conversations, 30+ first dates, 5 second dates, 2 3rd and 4th dates and 4th date with SO is where he asked me to be his girlfriend (awwww). So - it is plain and simple a numbers game. You screen, you meet, you screen, you talk, etc. Take breaks as needed. I would also strongly recommend no more than 2 or maybe 3 dates a week and no more than one a day if you are in the dating pool awhile. No need to burn out on it, it should be fun. Good luck. You are super great!!!! No settling, get Mr. Super Great.

ETA: I "learned" to date in my 40's. I never "dated" like that before, I didn't know how to do it. It was so fun and cool (and scary) to discover so much about myself. I was always 100% myself and clear that I was looking for a good relationship. I did work hard on keeping good boundaries and only dating men who didn't raise red flags.

Very angry/resentful toward someone (i.e., ex, mother, sibling, etc.) even if deserved it should not come out in date #1 or #2.

Not understanding what an appropriate level of activity for a first or second date would be (i.e. writing a song for me after one email exchange, planning a weekend away in another state for a second date.)

Not having an appropriate job for his age (i.e. I am in the middle age dating pool, I want to date someone not support him financially.)

i'm pretty sure you're my dating hero. you have the absolute best perspective and advice.
    thank you so much!!

yeah, i literally have no idea what i'm doing or how to actually *date* it's really not something i'm used to doing, or really have done, ever.
    i just think this time around i'm trying to slow things down and take it a bit more easy.

ok, so... 70-4...only 66 more to go! does getting stood up also count as a date? i'm going with yes. so 65! woo! B)
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    That sewing machine! I want!

Mine is just a basic little Brother but it is pale pink - I can't claim responsibility for that though as it was my mother's before she decided she needed a fancier one.

I'm glad you all understand my feelings about frying food in the house. Soooo stinky. We don't have an exhaust fan over our stove either (or anywhere in the kitchen), so everything I cook lingers unless I open the windows. Not too practical in our minus 40 degree winters either as it's a recipe for a burst water pipe.

The smell of Saturday morning bacon haunts me all weekend, too, it's terrible.

So this doesn't help in the winter, but fry outside! I used to have a fry daddy that I could plug in, so I would plug it into the outdoor outlet and fry away. I'm debating setting up my camping stove outside the next time I do fried chicken to keep the fry smell outside, and I feel like that should work as well.

Re gross girls: I was an odd combination of total tomboy that loved to get dirty and rough house, but I would do it while wearing the most frilly dresses possible. My face and hair was always a super-mess though.

I was a tomboy who got girly in high school. Daughter was the frilly princess girl who did tomboy things in a dress and WILD long wavy dark hair. I have a vivid picture in my mind of her with blood streaming down her face (she has the scar b/c I only allowed one stitch due to her panic) when she fell running in a "Belle" dress and cut open next to her eye.

ETA, I'm still a tomboy girly girl.

I'm 31 and just learning how to be girly. My other half is incredibly amused by it. I've always been "one of the boys" and have FINALLY figured out how to walk the line without falling off on either side.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options

post date update:

Glad he wasn't crazy.

We had just gotten back from the clinic where we found out I was pregnant. We were both panicked, trying to figure out what to do. He was saying that we had to get married, I was like "no way". I was crying. It was a mess. Then all of a sudden, he looks at me dead serious and asks "do you believe in aliens? Because I saw this show on TV about how aliens..." I was so dumbfounded. All I could do was crack up laughing.

LOL
    that's fantastic!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    My odd 3 song streak during my workout this morning:

What Was I Thinking by Dierks Bentley
    What's My Age Again by blink-182
    You've Got Another Thing Coming by Judas Priest

Oh and they just updated the Music app on my iPhone so I'm not sure I'm ever going to figure out how to work the shuffle

If you want to shuffle everything in your phone there is a playlist for all your purchased stuff. When you open it - you'll see a couple album covers at the top and the shuffle is right under that. It's weird now.

I looked and I'm not seeing that. I will look at it closer when I'm home and not supposed to be working. Thanks!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

post date update:

Glad he wasn't crazy.

Too funny!!!
  • berlynnwall
    Options

Those are all very important red flags for me. When I was using a dating website, I rejected anyone whose profile was unreadable because of spelling errors. If it was just a few, I would give them a chance. I'm not perfect. However, if the whole thing looked like a text speak nightmare, then no thank you. It just made them seem unintelligent and like they didn't care about how others perceived them.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Ugh...feeling like I'm going to cave in today and go redeem my free Blizzard from Dairy Queen...it expires in 3 days.

I would use it but that's just me. :) Just cut some calories each day to help with a deficit maybe?

If I had a free blizzard coupon, it would have never got that close...unless it was 3 days away from expiring the day I got it :)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    How is tomorrow the day we leave for our belated honeymoon?! How did it get here so fast? I CANNOT wait to spend some serious quality time with the person I love most in this world. I don't think he knows what he's gotten himself into.

Have tons of fun & eatz allz the foodz!

I ate all the shrimp! I ate SO MUCH SHRIMP!!! B)

YOU'RE BACK! :D Welcome! Any shrimp left for us? I love shrimp so much... <3

I'm telling you, I ate it all. I even had the exact same dinner 2 nights in a row. It was so delicious. I found out, however, shrimp gives me terrible (stinky stinky) gas. Mr. Mo was not impressed. :blush: