Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• StacyJ8888
    StacyJ8888 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    On Sunday I had myself a little tortilla chip and spinach and artichoke dip binge(no scales, no measuring, just me on the couch going to town with a bag of chips on my lap and a container of dip in my hands old school) and woke up to a 8 pounds woosh on Monday morning and feel like it was undeserved. I had a week long stall and slight bump upon the scale right before the woosh, I should be happy that I broke the stall, but I can't enjoy it...waiting for the scale to race back up..
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I am in such a bad mood today. My daughter had a complete meltdown last night & of course, I didn't handle it well. She didn't want to go to bed, wouldn't let me brush her teeth, was hitting and kicking me when I was trying to change her into her pjs so I told her she could sleep in her diaper and slammed the door to her room. She screamed!!! I waited until she calmed down and went in her room, hugged her, told her I loved her and was sorry I lost my temper. Then I told her she should say she was sorry to me too. She did and we finished her bedtime routine then but I feel just awful. I get teary just thinking about it. I was almost late for work today and people have been in and out of the office all day. It's hard to act nice when I just want to cry...or sleep. I'll take either right now.

On the plus side, since I visited the fitbit thread and added so many new friends yesterday (thanks for all the adds!) I am motivated to get moving more today and am about to set out on my 2nd mini walk of the work day.

Every parent loses their cool. It happens.

Yay! for going on the mini-walk. I've noticed that since I have Fitbit friends now, I make it a point to get up waaaay more often than I was. The first day, I think I got less than 2,000 steps the entire day. I'm still not walking 10,000 steps every day, but I'm moving my tush way more than before.

I love all my new Fibit friends!!

I love all the new challenges. I need to make a point to check the lists and make sure I don't join more than one from our group so everybody gets in on it!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    It makes me feel bad when I'm trying to eat healthy and people are eating fried, greasy, salty, sugary, etc. foods right in front of me. I know it shouldn't effect me so much, but it does :disappointed:

Just think of how it's affecting them. Expanding waistlines, clogged arteries, skin blemishes! Meanwhile, the healthy food you ate is high-fiving every component in your body. :)

I love that description! Too bad you didn't tell me that before I ordered the fried pickles and nachos last night and made myself feel like ick all day today...

LOL thanks. It's all I had! Funny cuz I was just eyeballing the fried pickles in the frozen section the other day and realized I had that brand before and found them to have waay too much breading on them.

That is a real thing? (Wrapping my mind around it.)

Yes and they are delicious if done correctly.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @TigerNY128 I'm totally jealous you went on vacay and come back weighing less, way to go!!

Me too. That doesn't happen often. Or ever, in my case lol.

Me neither! Normally I'm up like 2 pounds every weekend! I guess it was the gym...
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have a lot of work to get done before I go on vacation. But, my brain is already on the beach...and I do NOT want to be at work, working. *stompsfootandpoutslikeathreeyearold

Totally there with you! I'm sticking out my lower lip, while holding my breath!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    It makes me feel bad when I'm trying to eat healthy and people are eating fried, greasy, salty, sugary, etc. foods right in front of me. I know it shouldn't effect me so much, but it does :disappointed:

Just think of how it's affecting them. Expanding waistlines, clogged arteries, skin blemishes! Meanwhile, the healthy food you ate is high-fiving every component in your body. :)

I love that description! Too bad you didn't tell me that before I ordered the fried pickles and nachos last night and made myself feel like ick all day today...

LOL thanks. It's all I had! Funny cuz I was just eyeballing the fried pickles in the frozen section the other day and realized I had that brand before and found them to have waay too much breading on them.

That is a real thing? (Wrapping my mind around it.)

Yes and they are delicious if done correctly.

Fried pickles and ranch...yum...
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I am in such a bad mood today. My daughter had a complete meltdown last night & of course, I didn't handle it well. She didn't want to go to bed, wouldn't let me brush her teeth, was hitting and kicking me when I was trying to change her into her pjs so I told her she could sleep in her diaper and slammed the door to her room. She screamed!!! I waited until she calmed down and went in her room, hugged her, told her I loved her and was sorry I lost my temper. Then I told her she should say she was sorry to me too. She did and we finished her bedtime routine then but I feel just awful. I get teary just thinking about it. I was almost late for work today and people have been in and out of the office all day. It's hard to act nice when I just want to cry...or sleep. I'll take either right now.

On the plus side, since I visited the fitbit thread and added so many new friends yesterday (thanks for all the adds!) I am motivated to get moving more today and am about to set out on my 2nd mini walk of the work day.

Yay! for going on the mini-walk. I've noticed that since I have Fitbit friends now, I make it a point to get up waaaay more often than I was. The first day, I think I got less than 2,000 steps the entire day. I'm still not walking 10,000 steps every day, but I'm moving my tush way more than before.

I love all the new challenges. I need to make a point to check the lists and make sure I don't join more than one from our group so everybody gets in on it!

I have gotten emails inviting me to join the challenge and when I click to view...I don't see any type of info. So, I don't know if I'm part of any or not...hate to be taking up space in a challenge that I have no info on...
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    That sewing machine! I want!

Mine is just a basic little Brother but it is pale pink - I can't claim responsibility for that though as it was my mother's before she decided she needed a fancier one.

I'm glad you all understand my feelings about frying food in the house. Soooo stinky. We don't have an exhaust fan over our stove either (or anywhere in the kitchen), so everything I cook lingers unless I open the windows. Not too practical in our minus 40 degree winters either as it's a recipe for a burst water pipe.

The smell of Saturday morning bacon haunts me all weekend, too, it's terrible.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

I have gotten emails inviting me to join the challenge and when I click to view...I don't see any type of info. So, I don't know if I'm part of any or not...hate to be taking up space in a challenge that I have no info on...

That's really odd @kelly_c_77 . I noticed we have never been on the same challenge but I thought it just had worked out that way. I am going to send you a request for a single day showdown just to see what happens
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

Mine is just a basic little Brother but it is pale pink - I can't claim responsibility for that though as it was my mother's before she decided she needed a fancier one.

I'm glad you all understand my feelings about frying food in the house. Soooo stinky. We don't have an exhaust fan over our stove either (or anywhere in the kitchen), so everything I cook lingers unless I open the windows. Not too practical in our minus 40 degree winters either as it's a recipe for a burst water pipe.

So this doesn't help in the winter, but fry outside! I used to have a fry daddy that I could plug in, so I would plug it into the outdoor outlet and fry away. I'm debating setting up my camping stove outside the next time I do fried chicken to keep the fry smell outside, and I feel like that should work as well.

Re gross girls: I was an odd combination of total tomboy that loved to get dirty and rough house, but I would do it while wearing the most frilly dresses possible. My face and hair was always a super-mess though.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I've never been a fan of pickles. I can't imagine them fried. :s
  • riderfangal
    Options
    I've never been a fan of pickles. I can't imagine them fried. :s

They are delicious!!!!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

That's really odd @kelly_c_77 . I noticed we have never been on the same challenge but I thought it just had worked out that way. I am going to send you a request for a single day showdown just to see what happens

I just got it..clicked it and all it said was join the challenge...with nothing else. So have I joined? What is the actual challenge?
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Hope @Italian_Buju and @Susieq_1994 are having better days today, I haven't seen anything from them in a bit.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @LBuehrle8 and @ShibaEars, I just kind of dress like a toddler, haha (my profile photo, for example...I frequently see three year olds at my ski resort in exactly the same colour combo.) I'm into fun stuff and bright colours...life is too short to wear black all the time. My husband says it's an aesthetic combo of Elle Woods from Legally Blonde and _____Barbie (depending on the occasion, I'm Ski Barbie or Airport Barbie or Camping Barbie or whatever), but fortunately he finds it endearing and doesn't laugh at me too much.

I special order PINK framed safety glasses for the lab and I wear them at home too. Six pairs I've ordered. Pink jeans, bright cute dresses. I'm with you and I bet you look adorable and smoking hot at the same time.

Pink safety glasses! I have no need for safety glasses but now I just want some.

I do, however, have a pink toolbox and pink tools. My dad bought them for me years ago and I get a lot of joy out of pulling out my pink cordless drill or hammer or whatever.

It's been killing me for a while that I have boring black and white skis, too...I am dying for a pair of super bright ones. But I made the responsible choice when I bought them and got the ones that performed the best for me and not the cutest ones. Sigh. Still, I think I have my husband convinced that I need a narrower, less-powder-friendly ski for hard/icy conditions so I'm going to try to find a suitably silly pair. There's a brand out there that makes skis with these crazy, neon bottoms that I am seriously tempted by...plus it would be so much easier for us to find my skis under three feet of snow when I veer off into the trees and crash, right? It's a safety concern!

I'm thinking a pink paddle board with the periodic table on it screams "Dr. Nonoelmo!" It May be in the works.

ETA: Can you customize them? I have not skied in a long time.
  • riderfangal
    Options

I just got it..clicked it and all it said was join the challenge...with nothing else. So have I joined? What is the actual challenge?

It's not showing me you have joined. Really weird!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

I'm in the same boat, I have no idea how to see a challenge in the fitbit app. No idea on progress or who else is in it, or anything. Where do you look for it? Do you have to have the premium package?
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

I will not cook bacon in my house. My brother will occasionally & I hate it. I make sure my bedroom door is closed so the smell doesn't get into my closet & cling to my clothes. If he cooked it in the summer it wouldn't be so bad, since windows could be opened, but he always seems to want bacon on the -40 mornings :angry:
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

So this doesn't help in the winter, but fry outside! I used to have a fry daddy that I could plug in, so I would plug it into the outdoor outlet and fry away. I'm debating setting up my camping stove outside the next time I do fried chicken to keep the fry smell outside, and I feel like that should work as well.

Re gross girls: I was an odd combination of total tomboy that loved to get dirty and rough house, but I would do it while wearing the most frilly dresses possible. My face and hair was always a super-mess though.

I was a tomboy who got girly in high school. Daughter was the frilly princess girl who did tomboy things in a dress and WILD long wavy dark hair. I have a vivid picture in my mind of her with blood streaming down her face (she has the scar b/c I only allowed one stitch due to her panic) when she fell running in a "Belle" dress and cut open next to her eye.

ETA, I'm still a tomboy girly girl.

• strangeling06
    strangeling06 Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Thanks for that! You are absolutely right. I just need to change my mindset on it :smile: