Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I am in such a bad mood today. My daughter had a complete meltdown last night & of course, I didn't handle it well. She didn't want to go to bed, wouldn't let me brush her teeth, was hitting and kicking me when I was trying to change her into her pjs so I told her she could sleep in her diaper and slammed the door to her room. She screamed!!! I waited until she calmed down and went in her room, hugged her, told her I loved her and was sorry I lost my temper. Then I told her she should say she was sorry to me too. She did and we finished her bedtime routine then but I feel just awful. I get teary just thinking about it. I was almost late for work today and people have been in and out of the office all day. It's hard to act nice when I just want to cry...or sleep. I'll take either right now.

On the plus side, since I visited the fitbit thread and added so many new friends yesterday (thanks for all the adds!) I am motivated to get moving more today and am about to set out on my 2nd mini walk of the work day.

((HUGS)) we have all been there. Communicate, apologize when you goof, understand you are human too. (HUGS)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I am in such a bad mood today. My daughter had a complete meltdown last night & of course, I didn't handle it well. She didn't want to go to bed, wouldn't let me brush her teeth, was hitting and kicking me when I was trying to change her into her pjs so I told her she could sleep in her diaper and slammed the door to her room. She screamed!!! I waited until she calmed down and went in her room, hugged her, told her I loved her and was sorry I lost my temper. Then I told her she should say she was sorry to me too. She did and we finished her bedtime routine then but I feel just awful. I get teary just thinking about it. I was almost late for work today and people have been in and out of the office all day. It's hard to act nice when I just want to cry...or sleep. I'll take either right now.

On the plus side, since I visited the fitbit thread and added so many new friends yesterday (thanks for all the adds!) I am motivated to get moving more today and am about to set out on my 2nd mini walk of the work day.

Every parent loses their cool. It happens.

Yay! for going on the mini-walk. I've noticed that since I have Fitbit friends now, I make it a point to get up waaaay more often than I was. The first day, I think I got less than 2,000 steps the entire day. I'm still not walking 10,000 steps every day, but I'm moving my tush way more than before.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Yay! for going on the mini-walk. I've noticed that since I have Fitbit friends now, I make it a point to get up waaaay more often than I was. The first day, I think I got less than 2,000 steps the entire day. I'm still not walking 10,000 steps every day, but I'm moving my tush way more than before.

I love all my new Fibit friends!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    It makes me feel bad when I'm trying to eat healthy and people are eating fried, greasy, salty, sugary, etc. foods right in front of me. I know it shouldn't effect me so much, but it does :disappointed:

This is hard. It makes me jealous and maybe a little stabby when I'm eating grilled chicken and I really want boneless wings with onion rings...LOL
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    It makes me feel bad when I'm trying to eat healthy and people are eating fried, greasy, salty, sugary, etc. foods right in front of me. I know it shouldn't effect me so much, but it does :disappointed:

Just think of how it's affecting them. Expanding waistlines, clogged arteries, skin blemishes! Meanwhile, the healthy food you ate is high-fiving every component in your body. :)

I love that description! Too bad you didn't tell me that before I ordered the fried pickles and nachos last night and made myself feel like ick all day today...

LOL thanks. It's all I had! Funny cuz I was just eyeballing the fried pickles in the frozen section the other day and realized I had that brand before and found them to have waay too much breading on them.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

I love all my new Fibit friends!![/quote]

Me too!! Thanks @rungirl1973 @nonoelmo @Tubbs216 @m1xm0d3 and @riderfangal. I just wish I hadn't lost my temper.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

Sometimes you just have to remove yourself from the situation. Sounds like it was the best option for both of you! Don't beat yourself up too badly! And always remember you're super great! (Hugs)
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Just think of how it's affecting them. Expanding waistlines, clogged arteries, skin blemishes! Meanwhile, the healthy food you ate is high-fiving every component in your body. :)

I love that description! Too bad you didn't tell me that before I ordered the fried pickles and nachos last night and made myself feel like ick all day today...

LOL thanks. It's all I had! Funny cuz I was just eyeballing the fried pickles in the frozen section the other day and realized I had that brand before and found them to have waay too much breading on them.

That is a real thing? (Wrapping my mind around it.)
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Showing her how to apologize after you lost your temper is a good life lesson for her to learn, too. You are a SUPER GREAT mom. Even when you lose your temper, you are having a teaching moment with your daughter.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    @LBuehrle8 and @ShibaEars, I just kind of dress like a toddler, haha (my profile photo, for example...I frequently see three year olds at my ski resort in exactly the same colour combo.) I'm into fun stuff and bright colours...life is too short to wear black all the time. My husband says it's an aesthetic combo of Elle Woods from Legally Blonde and _____Barbie (depending on the occasion, I'm Ski Barbie or Airport Barbie or Camping Barbie or whatever), but fortunately he finds it endearing and doesn't laugh at me too much.

I special order PINK framed safety glasses for the lab and I wear them at home too. Six pairs I've ordered. Pink jeans, bright cute dresses. I'm with you and I bet you look adorable and smoking hot at the same time.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

Fried pickles are delicious but I've never seen frozen ones. I would totally buy those for parties, I hate deep-frying stuff because it's so messy and makes the house stink.
  • quiksylver296
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Confession: I have a lot of work to get done before I go on vacation. But, my brain is already on the beach...and I do NOT want to be at work, working. *stompsfootandpoutslikeathreeyearold
  • kecmw25
    Options

Fried pickles are delicious but I've never seen frozen ones. I would totally buy those for parties, I hate deep-frying stuff because it's so messy and makes the house stink.

I completely agree with everything you just said there :) We got a little fry daddy for a wedding present and it's only been used once and that was my husband, not me. But fried pickles are yummy!
  • kecmw25
    Options

Showing her how to apologize after you lost your temper is a good life lesson for her to learn, too. You are a SUPER GREAT mom. Even when you lose your temper, you are having a teaching moment with your daughter.

Thanks! to @kellienw335 as well. I guess I didn't really think of it as a teaching moment
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Yup, a real DELICIOUS thing! ;)
  • kecmw25
    Options
    My odd 3 song streak during my workout this morning:

What Was I Thinking by Dierks Bentley
    What's My Age Again by blink-182
    You've Got Another Thing Coming by Judas Priest

Oh and they just updated the Music app on my iPhone so I'm not sure I'm ever going to figure out how to work the shuffle
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    @LBuehrle8 and @ShibaEars, I just kind of dress like a toddler, haha (my profile photo, for example...I frequently see three year olds at my ski resort in exactly the same colour combo.) I'm into fun stuff and bright colours...life is too short to wear black all the time. My husband says it's an aesthetic combo of Elle Woods from Legally Blonde and _____Barbie (depending on the occasion, I'm Ski Barbie or Airport Barbie or Camping Barbie or whatever), but fortunately he finds it endearing and doesn't laugh at me too much.

I special order PINK framed safety glasses for the lab and I wear them at home too. Six pairs I've ordered. Pink jeans, bright cute dresses. I'm with you and I bet you look adorable and smoking hot at the same time.

Pink safety glasses! I have no need for safety glasses but now I just want some.

I do, however, have a pink toolbox and pink tools. My dad bought them for me years ago and I get a lot of joy out of pulling out my pink cordless drill or hammer or whatever.

It's been killing me for a while that I have boring black and white skis, too...I am dying for a pair of super bright ones. But I made the responsible choice when I bought them and got the ones that performed the best for me and not the cutest ones. Sigh. Still, I think I have my husband convinced that I need a narrower, less-powder-friendly ski for hard/icy conditions so I'm going to try to find a suitably silly pair. There's a brand out there that makes skis with these crazy, neon bottoms that I am seriously tempted by...plus it would be so much easier for us to find my skis under three feet of snow when I veer off into the trees and crash, right? It's a safety concern!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Talking of 'girly' things, I'm right there with you. I really need a new sewing machine and I want this one with the fire of a thousand suns. It's stupid expensive, and doesn't have all the features I need, but it's sooooo pretty....
    bymq5qabx0d6.jpg

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Don't sweat it, I've wanted to do some really awful things just watching my nieces and nephew. I can't imagine having to spend my entire day with a kid.

I was pretty gross as a kid too. I didn't regularly brush my teeth until middle school and suffer the consequences from it. :disappointed:

Those unicorn shoes are absolutely amazing @peleroja . You and @pofoster21 make me want to try heels

Great NSV @riderfangal !

Sorry to read about your kids @rungirl1973 and @tubb1985

Glad to see Skye has improved @kelly_c_77 !
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options

These are the only frozen ones I have seen and I don't recommend them but as to avoid the lingering 'my house smells like a vat of oil' for the next week, I'd reconsider.

FarmRich-fried-pickles.jpg