Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Hi guys, checking in. I went camping over the weekend and it was pretty nice. It was my kid's first time camping in the actual outdoor woods. I know people do it, but I was very worried about camping with any babies, so this year was the first year I felt comfortable. They loved it, and I'm so glad because I plan on taking them out a lot this summer.

The thread is messed up for me and I lost my spot. If I missed anything someone said to me, I'm sorry. I haven't heard back from the police about my sister yet. I guess they don't care as much if someone pretends to be you as a witness instead of a criminal.

Thirdly - I saw someone mention Goodreads. If anyone wants to add me, you can! I love sharing books with friends.

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/8630108-amber

I added you. :)

My name is Tammy, and my Siamese kitty Max is my profile pic there.

https://goodreads.com/user/show/5477691-tammy

Trying to fix so I can link...

Ok, I created a profile and added you both!

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/44563667

Hope this works to link to me

Nice! I think Goodreads gives much better book recommendations than Amazon. Amazon is always recommending books that I bought from them. I already read that!

I never heard of goodreads, I am going to check it out after I finish catching up. But if we share book recommendations it won't do much to link to me... I mostly read historical romances these days as my poor brain can't handle anything else. :)

I've never heard of it either but I'm going to check it out. I read every night before bed. I'm the same though, I don't know if anything I read will be interesting to anyone else.

Well, I'm the same with books as I am with music. I have SUCH a wide variety of books I like, depending on how I'm feeling at the time.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    @orangesmartie Sorry to hear things are still broken. Hoping for the best outcome!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    eta: thanks for the guy comment, i'm trying to not get discouraged! going out to meet a dude tonight, let's hope he's not crazy or meh! :)

I hope it goes better than the last two!

Chiming in here....your date is probably over already, hope it went well!

post date update:

met the dude at a tavern downtown. really super nice guy. had good conversation, were able to laugh and joke a lot, which is awesome. not creepy and not meh (woo!) lol

issues i'm currently trying to reconcile in my brain: (remember NO JUDGEMENT)
    - if i hadn't met him on a dating website, where orientation is posted, i would NEVER believe this guy is straight. i texted my friend (who is gay) that i was on a date with his straight doppelganger. so many times through out the night in my head i was just like, omg this is frank, i'm on a date with straight frank. boisterous, animated, like that always turned on and ready to take the stage personality.

- very very talkative. which isn't terrible, but he'd ask me something and half way through my story, he'd being going off on a tangent on something else, and completely cut me off. so like, a 3 minute story would take me like 10 minutes as i'd have to reel him back off the tangent, pick up where i left off and keep going. and the random tangents were funny and he had tons of interesting things to talk about, but seriously talked way more than me. way, way more.

- he's about an inch taller than me, and has a much more slender build. i'm quite "thick," i have tree trunk thighs that aren't going anywhere. so it's kinda like oh, here's dude and his fat girlfriend. and maybe that's dumb of me to think, but i do.

he did say he had a really good time and would like to see me again. which i might do to see if maybe he was just nervous/excited on the "first" date?
    Interesting! So are you saying that you think he's actually gay but dating women, or that he just reminded you of your gay friend?

I think you should definitely see him again, if only because you might make a great friend. Unless he talks too much!

Also, regarding physical differences, just to say that my parents are the same height, but for most of their marriage she's been probably a hundred pounds heavier than him. He's loved her and been attracted to her for 52 years, so try not to stress over that side of things.

I was going to say the same thing about the follow up date. If nothing else, maybe you will make a friend that is fun to talk to.

My parents are the same way as well. My mom is heavier than my dad but he has always loved her so much. They look fine together to me. :)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    @orangesmartie Sorry to hear things are still broken. Hoping for the best outcome!
    Yes. Whatever that turns out to be.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Does anyone have an opinion on goat milk? I haven't had it since I was in Girl Scouts and we did some milk taste test (I remember one of them made me nearly puke on the floor but I can't remember what it was). I like goat cheese and I'm pretty curious and interested in the milk :tongue:

I also heard that donkey milk was really good, but where in the world do you get donkey milk? :lol:

EDIT: LOVE those shoes! They're super cute!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    @pofoster21 - Love the shoes, although not sure how you walk in those! I can't wait until I drop some more weight so I can wear cute shoes again. I wear tennis shoes to work at the moment. It helps me to get in more steps. Also, we have a program that awards leave time every quarter if you get a certain number of minutes of exercise every month. Totally worth it!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the well-wishes everyone! I'm going to call again tomorrow and see if I can actually speak to someone. Hubby called me a while ago to check on me, I told him what I've told you all, and he agrees that I need to see the doctor ASAP. I've literally just sat around all day obsessing, worrying, and wanting to lock myself in my room and cry. The only reason I haven't keeps running up to me and giving me hugs. :)

So sweet!! <3 You're lucky to have each other
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher, so I have some extra time in June/July. However, I find myself at my least healthy during this time because I can't make myself get out of bed early enough to go for a run before it gets too hot (I live in the SOUTH - ew), or even to eat breakfast at a decent time! Plus, I drink a lot since "I don't have to work tomorrow!"

I'm supposed to be training for a half-marathon and running 20-25 miles a week, but I've only gone out once in the last two weeks because it's disgustingly humid (100% humidity from 6am til about 8:30am...GROSS) and 80* or hotter by 9am.

Confession: I MAKE EXCUSES FOR BEING LAZY AND FAT IN THE SUMMER.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    @KylerJaye Glad your date went well!! I say give it another go!!

@pofoster21 Love the shoes!!

@nonoelmo the Haiku was so cute. I have absolutely no writing creativity lol

@orangesmarties Sorry you are feeling ugh. Hope you and your SO can come to a resolution soon!

@TigerNY128 Congrats on the weight loss!!
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    Daughter went to the doctor this morning. If I wasn't there, she wouldn't have told them the whole story, so I went with. The anxiety, it's worse than I realized. Poor girl, she has anxiety over every social situation. I had no idea.

Anyhow, they are checking her thyroid, gave her a prescription, and she'll go back in 4 weeks to see how it's going.

My son went to the dentist. I know there are thousands of dollars of work that needs to be done on his teeth. The dentist sent him home with a "procedure plan" to review and plan for the next steps. Ugh. I guess I'll look at that when I get home. But, really, what am I going to do? He only has one set of teeth. They have to be taken care of, or he'll have dentures by age 25. Dang kid.

• KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    eta: thanks for the guy comment, i'm trying to not get discouraged! going out to meet a dude tonight, let's hope he's not crazy or meh! :)

post date update:

met the dude at a tavern downtown. really super nice guy. had good conversation, were able to laugh and joke a lot, which is awesome. not creepy and not meh (woo!) lol

- if i hadn't met him on a dating website, where orientation is posted, i would NEVER believe this guy is straight. i texted my friend (who is gay) that i was on a date with his straight doppelganger. so many times through out the night in my head i was just like, omg this is frank, i'm on a date with straight frank. boisterous, animated, like that always turned on and ready to take the stage personality.

- very very talkative. which isn't terrible, but he'd ask me something and half way through my story, he'd being going off on a tangent on something else, and completely cut me off. so like, a 3 minute story would take me like 10 minutes as i'd have to reel him back off the tangent, pick up where i left off and keep going. and the random tangents were funny and he had tons of interesting things to talk about, but seriously talked way more than me. way, way more.

- he's about an inch taller than me, and has a much more slender build. i'm quite "thick," i have tree trunk thighs that aren't going anywhere. so it's kinda like oh, here's dude and his fat girlfriend. and maybe that's dumb of me to think, but i do.

he did say he had a really good time and would like to see me again. which i might do to see if maybe he was just nervous/excited on the "first" date?

Glad he wasn't crazy.

I'd go out with him again and see how that goes. He may have been a nervous talker?

My husband is a little ADHD. He'll tell a story, go off on a tangent, and I have to reel him back in regularly. I've gotten used to that. That point hit home for me. LOL
    I also sometimes have to say, "Can I finish my story?" when he cuts me off. He doesn't even realize he's doing it.

That's different than somebody who's so stuck on himself that he won't listen to you...
    FroggyBug wrote: »

post date update:

Interesting! So are you saying that you think he's actually gay but dating women, or that he just reminded you of your gay friend?

I think you should definitely see him again, if only because you might make a great friend. Unless he talks too much!

Also, regarding physical differences, just to say that my parents are the same height, but for most of their marriage she's been probably a hundred pounds heavier than him. He's loved her and been attracted to her for 52 years, so try not to stress over that side of things.

I was going to say the same thing about the follow up date. If nothing else, maybe you will make a friend that is fun to talk to.

My parents are the same way as well. My mom is heavier than my dad but he has always loved her so much. They look fine together to me. :)

these give me hope <3
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    MlleKelly wrote: »
    I'm a teacher, so I have some extra time in June/July. However, I find myself at my least healthy during this time because I can't make myself get out of bed early enough to go for a run before it gets too hot (I live in the SOUTH - ew), or even to eat breakfast at a decent time! Plus, I drink a lot since "I don't have to work tomorrow!"

I'm supposed to be training for a half-marathon and running 20-25 miles a week, but I've only gone out once in the last two weeks because it's disgustingly humid (100% humidity from 6am til about 8:30am...GROSS) and 80* or hotter by 9am.

Confession: I MAKE EXCUSES FOR BEING LAZY AND FAT IN THE SUMMER.

Well, you live in the south. You've gotta do what you've gotta do. I'm running in it.
    I feel for you, though. When I'm left home alone, nothing good usually happens in the kitchen.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Daughter went to the doctor this morning. If I wasn't there, she wouldn't have told them the whole story, so I went with. The anxiety, it's worse than I realized. Poor girl, she has anxiety over every social situation. I had no idea.

Anyhow, they are checking her thyroid, gave her a prescription, and she'll go back in 4 weeks to see how it's going.

My son went to the dentist. I know there are thousands of dollars of work that needs to be done on his teeth. The dentist sent him home with a "procedure plan" to review and plan for the next steps. Ugh. I guess I'll look at that when I get home. But, really, what am I going to do? He only has one set of teeth. They have to be taken care of, or he'll have dentures by age 25. Dang kid.

glad you noticed the signs and got your daughter help. best wishes for her!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Sorry to hear about your daughter but hopefully the medication will help. My brother suffers from social anxiety as well so I understand how hard that is on the family.

Dentist bills suck. They really do!
  • Tubbs216
    edited July 2015
    Options

Oh, so sorry :/ What was the prescription for? The anxiety?
    I could have written this. My daughter is really struggling too (19 yo - the one with anemia, which is not improving), and we had to spend $2000 on fillings for my son because he didn't brush properly when he had braces. Seriously, kid?
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    We go camping for 4 days in a little under two weeks, I am so excited to cut off communication from everyone except those we're camping with. Yesterday I work up this list of all the things we need before we go camping which includes food, I plan on eating as healthy as I can while having fun. Oh and drinking, there will be drinking and I cannot wait! :D:D

ETA: I have a stash of books that I plan on reading on the beach in the sun. Any and all recommendations on here have been taken haha
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I could have written this. My daughter is really struggling too (19 yo - the one with anemia, which is not improving), and we had to spend $2000 on fillings for my son because he didn't brush properly when he had braces. Seriously, kid?

My parents would have killed me.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

My parents would have killed me.
    Yeah, he wasn't Mr Popular.
  • rungirl1973
    Options

Yes, for anxiety. A previous doctor had tried a couple of things that didn't seem to help at all, so she's trying Pristiq and Klonopin temporarily for immediate relief.
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I weighed myself today...I was scared to since I've been on vacation. I'm actually .2 pounds lower than when I left for vaca!! I guess lifting in the gym helped out!!

Good job!!!!!