Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Went waaay off the rails this past weekend. So afraid that I didn't weigh myself this AM either. (I am giving my body a day to settle down). Oh well, at least I know I am done with gelato. I mean Talenti was great, kinda. Fudge Brownie was awesome. The Pistachio, eh not so much. Did anyone ever try the mango flavor? Even though it's literally mango and sugar, I find myself intrigued.

A lot of people in the gelato group said the Mango was very awful & one of the worst flavors I have made.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Well, this is totally not a real problem, but pity party commenced. (Warning this is rather lame and I really just need to be told suck it up buttercup).

I hate how bothered I am by numbers on the scale. I'm recomping currently - which should not include weight gain as I am not attempting to bulk - but I've been over the top number I would like to be at for a couple of weeks now. I know it's probably just DOMS as Stronglifts is kicking my butt and my clothes fit the same if not better, but it really gets to me and I'm considering reducing calories even though I know its a bad idea for recomp progress but I'm letting the scale rule me.

I don't like how I let the scale rule me in general. On one hand it's good - even though I was using hair ties to extend the buttons on my pants instead of buying a bigger size - it wasn't until I saw 150 on the scale, which meant 25 BMI and officially over weight that I decided to do something about it. It's also great because I don't have to track food, make sure I stay in my 5 pound range and all's well. But then I have days like today and want to throw a giant pity party because the scale says a number I don't like which is actually not a real problem and I need to suck it up.

Pity party over. Sorry it's a lame pity party.

Awesome job on recomping & doing strong lifts. I bought the NROLFW & first I am reading the book & then will attempt to start weight lifting. I bought a barbell a few years ago; however, I am thinking I may need to join a gym to do some of the other exercises & perhaps have a trainer spot me on some of them.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I went for a swim at long last. I usually go twice a week, and it had been over a fortnight. I was astonished at how much my legs ached afterwards (a good working hard muscle ache though), you sure do lose your fitness level quickly when you take a break! I tried to minimize the risk of achey hips by avoiding breast stroke and only doing crawl so that probably added to the tiredness (crawl is hard with no breaks) but I did about 40-50 lengths in a slow crawl so I was happy with that. It's not a mile, but it's not bad.

Anyway, my hips do ache a bit this morning. Not as bad as last time. But it proves it's related to movement and it's probably not going to get better until I have the sprog. Oh well. I think I will continue swimming because the fitness and wellbeing benefits outweigh the current level of hip ache, but I will be sure to have at least 3 days between swims, and avoid breast stroke.

I just realised you might not know what a sprog is. British for small child. Although I usually refer to babies as 'sproglets' I'm not sure that's a real word.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I'm so sorry :( I hope the flare is a short one and you get to feeling better soon :(

@orangesmartie That's such an awesome attitude! Today is a new day and it's going to be great! I am jealous- I want to go to Nashville! lol not sure about the running (I run like an arthritic tortoise) but the rest sounds awesome.

AFM, it was a whirlwind weekend. I have Insulin Resistance and I'm hypoglycemic. If I eat like I'm supposed to (very strict, controlled diet) I can maintain my weight. Eat less, and I'll lose. Eat a bit of sugar, I get sick for half a day. I'm not kidding, either- an entire chocolate chip cookie is enough to have me on the couch for a few hours :( I eat ice cream or gelato by 1 tbsp and that's it and I'll still feel weird after unless I down water. Can't really eat fruit, unless it's a couple berries. I've learned to adjust and it's hard to own a home bakery when I want to taste everything but I've learned not to. I also scaled back my business.

My mom was watching oldest DS for us on July 4th, so when we went to pick him up yesterday, we grilled chicken and vegs for her as a "thank you". She had made two desserts and basically guilt tripped me into eating a bite of each. A regular forkful sized bite of each. I still don't feel right. I'm so bloated my pants don't fit well, my stomach is heaving, and I have a pounding headache. I'm mad at myself for not sticking to my guns.

But...in great news, we were approved to adopt the dog! She's coming up here on Saturday!! SO excited! We got some supplies and DH is actually getting excited, too. Her foster mom keeps sending me pics and it's making me so anxious to see her!

Ugh, I hope you feel better! You would think your mom understands how bloated & sick you get from eating sugar.

Happy to hear that you were approved to adopt the dog.

What's funny is she's diabetic, so she should understand. Her dose of Metformin is too high though but she doesn't go get it changed, because it allows her to eat a LOT of fruits and sweets (to counteract the Metformin). I tell her she's the worst diabetic ever.

I feel a tiny bit better today, but still have a headache and the scale is +3 lb. To be fair, I'm PMSing as well, so it's probably from TOM. It's not helping my funk, that's for sure.

Oh and I got into the MS program! Found out yesterday! Classes start Aug 31, so I have 8-ish weeks to lose some more weight and hopefully get to goal before I gotta turn my focus into maintaining and school. Should be doable. I'd like to lose about 8 lb, so 1 lb/wk would work.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    So Skye is back to her normal tail chasing, toy playing, furniture scratching, queen diva self. She was running laps up and down the hallway this morning and tackling the (much) bigger male cats. She even ate her dry food without any hesitation. YAY! Thanks for all the well wishes!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    tsugrl04 wrote: »
    I bought a stationary bike a few weeks ago. I can only do 5-10 minutes on it. My shins and knees hurt so bad and that's all I can stand. I feel like such a failure, and I have gained back 10lbs of my 30-40 pound weight loss I was so proud of.

Just keep at it and the endurance will come. TRUST ME.

While you are at it, check your seat height and also try lowering the resistance to a comfortable setting and gradually increase from there.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    May not be appropriate for @Susieq_1994!

Confession: I found out last night that a friend I used to work with has just been charged with second-degree murder of his wife, who has been missing since November. I'm having a hard time and am absolutely shocked, and still don't really believe it, even though the police quotes say he's been concealing the body at his home for the past 8 months. It just doesn't seem to compute at all against the person I remember.

Yikes.... news article link?
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Well, this is totally not a real problem, but pity party commenced. (Warning this is rather lame and I really just need to be told suck it up buttercup).

I hate how bothered I am by numbers on the scale. I'm recomping currently - which should not include weight gain as I am not attempting to bulk - but I've been over the top number I would like to be at for a couple of weeks now. I know it's probably just DOMS as Stronglifts is kicking my butt and my clothes fit the same if not better, but it really gets to me and I'm considering reducing calories even though I know its a bad idea for recomp progress but I'm letting the scale rule me.

I don't like how I let the scale rule me in general. On one hand it's good - even though I was using hair ties to extend the buttons on my pants instead of buying a bigger size - it wasn't until I saw 150 on the scale, which meant 25 BMI and officially over weight that I decided to do something about it. It's also great because I don't have to track food, make sure I stay in my 5 pound range and all's well. But then I have days like today and want to throw a giant pity party because the scale says a number I don't like which is actually not a real problem and I need to suck it up.

It's not lame at all. I admit the scale rules my life too...not that I want to..but it does. It can ruin my day...even when I know it's just water weight from the day before.

LOL I used to be like that and I still weigh a few times a week but now if it's < then I am YAAAY! If it's > then I am like WHATEVER *flips bird* Haha.

I try to have that attitude towards it and I'll have days where I say I don't care...but really, it weighs on me all day. Pun intended! ;)
    Any later seasons of Survivor you would recommend? :tongue: Blood vs Water sounds interesting

Yeah, blood vs water was good. I liked the first season that they did of blood vs water better...because it had returning players from previous seasons and their family members. The latest season on white collar, blue collar, and red collar was also good. I liked every season pretty much... I've watched from the very 1st season..
    Ditto here.....although I started watching season two and went back to watch one later on, but have been hooked ever since!

I hate when sometimes near the end there is nobody left you like....that seems to happen once in a while and it makes me sad!

Personally I don't like Blood vs Water, but Blue Collar, White Collar, No Collar was pretty good. My favorite seasons are when everyone is new.

We play a game at work where a bunch of people put in $10 and then we randomly draw a Survivor's name. There's a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. It's fun!
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    mom216 wrote: »
    I got pissed off at a man..... Went to the gym at 1am -pushed myself & now I can't sleep. Grrrrrr!

LOL I can't help but laugh at this because the only bad thing from late night workouts...being totally jacked afterwards, Funny thing is if you do that during the day and go sit on the couch for 5 minutes, you wake up hours later wondering how you fell asleep.

Next time don't let said man ruffle your late night feathers! :)
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options

It's not lame at all. I admit the scale rules my life too...not that I want to..but it does. It can ruin my day...even when I know it's just water weight from the day before.

LOL I used to be like that and I still weigh a few times a week but now if it's < then I am YAAAY! If it's > then I am like WHATEVER *flips bird* Haha.

I try to have that attitude towards it and I'll have days where I say I don't care...but really, it weighs on me all day. Pun intended! ;)
    Any later seasons of Survivor you would recommend? :tongue: Blood vs Water sounds interesting

Yeah, blood vs water was good. I liked the first season that they did of blood vs water better...because it had returning players from previous seasons and their family members. The latest season on white collar, blue collar, and red collar was also good. I liked every season pretty much... I've watched from the very 1st season..
    Ditto here.....although I started watching season two and went back to watch one later on, but have been hooked ever since!

I hate when sometimes near the end there is nobody left you like....that seems to happen once in a while and it makes me sad!

Personally I don't like Blood vs Water, but Blue Collar, White Collar, No Collar was pretty good. My favorite seasons are when everyone is new.

We play a game at work where a bunch of people put in $10 and then we randomly draw a Survivor's name. There's a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. It's fun!
    I watched about half of Blood vs Water episode 1 but for some reason it didn't click with me, so now I'm on Blue Collar vs White Collar vs No Collar. Enjoying it :)

Fiji was pretty heartbreaking for me when Yau-Man was backstabbed by Dreamz. Made my heart hurt :(
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    So, I posted this as my status, but I thought I'd share it here too...

Well, I turned a negative into a positive and took advantage of my extra awake time. I hopped on the treadmill with plans to just do my regular speed walk/trot/run. But after the first few minutes, I felt pretty good(even with almost 4 extra pounds of water weight from yesterday's horrible eating) so I decided to set a goal and go for it. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! I ran my first ever half marathon! I had to stop once for a bathroom break...but otherwise, never stopped. The longest I've ever run without stopping previously was 11ish miles. So, YAY!!
    And my other goal that I had posted in the Batcave the other day was to beat my highest step count which was 37,659. I should be able to crush it today because as of 6:48am, I am at 25,843. :)
    Fourth of July BBQ - I am taking steaks, watermelon, corn on the cob, vinegar cucumbers (my son's favorite), and cherry cheesecake. Mostly healthy, right? I'm blaming the cheesecake on you guys!!!

Can I have some cheesecake!!!???

Sure, come on over!!! Idaho isn't far, right?!?

ETA: it's just the Jello kind, which I confess is my favorite. Unsophisticated palate right here! LOL

There is a big tri in Idaho. Maybe I'll add it to my list of races to do if you'll make cheese cake! As long as its not the ricotta cheese kind I am happy!

Which tri? Where? I'm outside of Boise by about 40 minutes. And no ricotta in my cheesecake. ;)

My Coworker went last week to the iron man in Couer d'Alene, Idaho. Apparently people like to go there because it's generally pretty cool, but this year was record high temps.

Couer d'Alene is gorgeous, but nowhere near me. :'(

Same state. I can still stop by for cheesecake. I'll let you know when I sign up! Right now I have a 1/2 Ironman in Indiana, an Ironman in WI this year, 4 races to do in FL in Jan, a marathon in TN in April and a mountain to climb in England in July next year...so may need to wait until 2017.

If you're climbing @orangesmartie 's mountain, it's in Scotland. Never confuse England and Scotland in front of a Scot, it won't go down well!

It sure doesn't!! I'm a score hen and bred and I hate being called English (even though I now have an English accent, which I hate....)

When I first met my SO I referred to him as British and he didn't get offended but politely corrected me that he's English :) Cracks me up

Weird. British doesn't bother me because I am British. But also English. Stick with British though, as if you call someone Scottish or Welsh English they won't like it!
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Went waaay off the rails this past weekend. So afraid that I didn't weigh myself this AM either. (I am giving my body a day to settle down). Oh well, at least I know I am done with gelato. I mean Talenti was great, kinda. Fudge Brownie was awesome. The Pistachio, eh not so much. Did anyone ever try the mango flavor? Even though it's literally mango and sugar, I find myself intrigued.

A lot of people in the gelato group said the Mango was very awful & one of the worst flavors I have made.

LOL thanks. Guess I will be skipping that one and closing the chapter on my affair with gelato!

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    So, bad news: woke up feeling bleurgh today. Currently sitting in Krispy Kreme with a doughnut and a latte. Good news: I bought three, have eaten one, don't want the other two. Sucks to be me: on my way to work :(

How are things going with the boyfriend? You mentioned that it "imploded" and never went any further.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good weekend! I went to the Seawall to check out the parade and fireworks show and got to enjoy all the food.

tPqXfXG.jpg
    This was the star of the evening

Hey! Idaho love!!! Woo Hoo!!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Hi guys, checking in. I went camping over the weekend and it was pretty nice. It was my kid's first time camping in the actual outdoor woods. I know people do it, but I was very worried about camping with any babies, so this year was the first year I felt comfortable. They loved it, and I'm so glad because I plan on taking them out a lot this summer.

The thread is messed up for me and I lost my spot. If I missed anything someone said to me, I'm sorry. I haven't heard back from the police about my sister yet. I guess they don't care as much if someone pretends to be you as a witness instead of a criminal.

Thirdly - I saw someone mention Goodreads. If anyone wants to add me, you can! I love sharing books with friends.

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/8630108-amber

I added you. :)

My name is Tammy, and my Siamese kitty Max is my profile pic there.

https://goodreads.com/user/show/5477691-tammy

Trying to fix so I can link...

Ok, I created a profile and added you both!

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/44563667

Hope this works to link to me

Nice! I think Goodreads gives much better book recommendations than Amazon. Amazon is always recommending books that I bought from them. I already read that!

I never heard of goodreads, I am going to check it out after I finish catching up. But if we share book recommendations it won't do much to link to me... I mostly read historical romances these days as my poor brain can't handle anything else. :)

I read some of those, too , when I get in a mood. I read one that had Fabio on the cover the other day. Fabio...LOL
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    mom216 wrote: »
    I got pissed off at a man..... Went to the gym at 1am -pushed myself & now I can't sleep. Grrrrrr!

Better than stress eating! Good job!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    So, bad news: woke up feeling bleurgh today. Currently sitting in Krispy Kreme with a doughnut and a latte.

Good news: I bought three, have eaten one, don't want the other two

Sucks to be me: on my way to work :(

Bummer. Krispy Kreme are a waste of delicious points. I think we've had this discussion before. ;)
  • quiksylver296
    edited July 2015
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I went for a swim at long last. I usually go twice a week, and it had been over a fortnight. I was astonished at how much my legs ached afterwards (a good working hard muscle ache though), you sure do lose your fitness level quickly when you take a break! I tried to minimize the risk of achey hips by avoiding breast stroke and only doing crawl so that probably added to the tiredness (crawl is hard with no breaks) but I did about 40-50 lengths in a slow crawl so I was happy with that. It's not a mile, but it's not bad.

Anyway, my hips do ache a bit this morning. Not as bad as last time. But it proves it's related to movement and it's probably not going to get better until I have the sprog. Oh well. I think I will continue swimming because the fitness and wellbeing benefits outweigh the current level of hip ache, but I will be sure to have at least 3 days between swims, and avoid breast stroke.

I just realised you might not know what a sprog is. British for small child. Although I usually refer to babies as 'sproglets' I'm not sure that's a real word.

If it's not, it should be! That's a fun word!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    So, bad news: woke up feeling bleurgh today. Currently sitting in Krispy Kreme with a doughnut and a latte. Good news: I bought three, have eaten one, don't want the other two. Sucks to be me: on my way to work :(

How are things going with the boyfriend? You mentioned that it "imploded" and never went any further.

Its still broken. We called a truce over the weekend, due to travelling and climbing. But *shrug* we're talking, not sure whats going to happen
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    T minus 4 days and I will be playing on the beach! This week cannot go fast enough! On a related note, my son is leaving today with my parents. They are going to go visit my grandparents for a few days before meeting up with us at the beach house.

Four nights child-free. Guess what the child-free-nights plan is? Yep, the gym. LOL