Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Is that an actual potato? :open_mouth:
    http://laughingsquid.com/the-famous-idaho-potato-tour-the-worlds-largest-potato-on-wheels/

I had to look it up but no. It was still really neat to see.

• tsugrl04
    tsugrl04 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I bought a stationary bike a few weeks ago. I can only do 5-10 minutes on it. My shins and knees hurt so bad and that's all I can stand. I feel like such a failure, and I have gained back 10lbs of my 30-40 pound weight loss I was so proud of.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    tsugrl04 wrote: »
    I bought a stationary bike a few weeks ago. I can only do 5-10 minutes on it. My shins and knees hurt so bad and that's all I can stand. I feel like such a failure, and I have gained back 10lbs of my 30-40 pound weight loss I was so proud of.

You are not a failure!! If you lost it once you CAN do it again!!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Anyone read about the new skinny Oreos? Thoughts? Joy? Outrage?
    (Warning: It's Jezebel, so swearage)
    http://jezebel.com/oreo-thins-promote-unrealistic-standards-for-oreos-1716047232
    A Thin is also slightly less caloric than a regular cookie, 35 calories apiece versus 42 for a regular Oreo.
    Regular Oreos are actually 53 cals according to MFP, but still, I eat Oreos for the filling.

And according to the package...

@BZAH10 We've missed you out here and you are SO right about the weight thing. I remember being 140 lbs and hating everything, I was depressed, and generally unhappy. But at 164 lbs, I loved how I looked and I FELT good at that weight. It might be out of the 'normal' BMI range but it's where I felt the best and why it is my goal weight!

@tsugrl04 Dont' stress it and give yourself time to work up your fitness level. Just focus on your calorie intake and take victories where you can get 'em. Remember, when you are doing SOMETHING, you are lapping every body on the couch.

@CountessKitteh You GO!

@funjen1972 I do the same :lol: Lay 'em out and wash 'em once a week. If I'm not pulling crazy 12 hour shifts I can wash 'em once every 3 days.

@Susieq_1994 Get better! You NEED that Fitbit and you have to earn it!

I KNOW I keep missing people but Sergeant Sexy Pants is expecting more out of me since he has seen what I am capable of outside of work. That means extra rounds and patrols on the campus and less time on the computers. I have sucky internet at the house so I can't seem to keep up. :sweat:

Just know that you are all SUPER GREAT!
  • tsugrl04
    tsugrl04 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Thank you so much! I almost feel like I am starting over. Working out has always been a mental wall for me.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Thank you so much! I almost feel like I am starting over. Working out has always been a mental wall for me.

I hate exercise. Like really hate it but I like to walk so I went out a got a fitbit and that really motivates me. Walking is also low impact so it shouldn't be so tough on your knees.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Anyone read about the new skinny Oreos? Thoughts? Joy? Outrage?
    (Warning: It's Jezebel, so swearage)
    http://jezebel.com/oreo-thins-promote-unrealistic-standards-for-oreos-1716047232
    A Thin is also slightly less caloric than a regular cookie, 35 calories apiece versus 42 for a regular Oreo.
    Regular Oreos are actually 53 cals according to MFP, but still, I eat Oreos for the filling.
    And according to the package...
    Unfortunately, I have quicker access to the database than a package of Oreos. :(

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Hi everyone!!! I'm surprised that there are so many pages to catch up on. I'm currently working on it. :)

I had a good birthday. I actually got a swimming suit and swam for the first time in a LONG time. I swam Friday and Saturday before the storms rolled in. I got to see fireworks Thursday, Friday and Saturday (I love fireworks). I was able to eat bbq, s'mores and had a lot of fun. I'm sad it is over.

My boyfriend did hang out with me from Thursday to Sunday. We got along well. Last night we decided to take a break and he is going to work on himself. I think it is a good thing. I finally think he understands how hurt my heart was/is. I'm feeling better at least.

Glad to hear it!

And super jealous, I am dying to go swimming and today was the only day it would have been hot enough this week and I was stuck at work all day!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    @Italian_Buju thank you so much for sharing this.

i'm a hoarder. which i always have to quantify with "not like the ppl on the tv shows.". they should have a hoarders show where the person has 30 jars of tomato sauce, 20 boxes of pasta, 100 rolls of paper towels, 120 rolls of tp, etc. etc.

but as long as i keep my place relatively clean, instead of having a problem, i'm just a Super Couponer!

i have a complete and total inability to throw anything that could potentially "be needed or used" someday. i still have massive regret and get upset when i think about when i was a teen, my mom made me go through all my stuff and trash everything i didn't use or need. being an angsty teen i trashed everything that was remotely kiddish, and now i'd give anything to go back and save some of my childhood things.

so now....i have great difficulty trashing anything that could potentially trigger some type of memory. so then i think, well i'll just go through and do a major clean out, then i get that terrible feeling in my gut, what if one day i miss this purse? i used it when i was in london, and i loved that time so much! then back in the bin it goes and i have way more "stuff" any person my age should have. *sigh*
    Ditto on all three of these things
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    May not be appropriate for @Susieq_1994!

Confession: I found out last night that a friend I used to work with has just been charged with second-degree murder of his wife, who has been missing since November. I'm having a hard time and am absolutely shocked, and still don't really believe it, even though the police quotes say he's been concealing the body at his home for the past 8 months. It just doesn't seem to compute at all against the person I remember.

Holy crap! That is all I can say......
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    My weekend was great! My daughter came to visit on Friday, and she's not leaving until tomorrow. I'm making her go to the doctor in the morning. She's so depressed, I think she's cried about 25% of every day she's been here. It hurts my heart.

We had BBQ pork steaks and fried potatoes on Friday evening, and a pot roast and homemade dumplings yesterday and brownies with ice cream. Yeah, I made some of the favorite comfort foods. We had fireworks at home Friday night and last night, and saw the fireworks in Nashville on the 4th. Also, we all drank too much that day. Ugh.

:(

I hope they can help her.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the well-wishes everyone! I'm going to call again tomorrow and see if I can actually speak to someone. Hubby called me a while ago to check on me, I told him what I've told you all, and he agrees that I need to see the doctor ASAP. I've literally just sat around all day obsessing, worrying, and wanting to lock myself in my room and cry. The only reason I haven't keeps running up to me and giving me hugs. :)
    Sorry you're feeling so down. I hope you can get in to see the Dr soon.

Thanks, I do too. I'm going to call again tomorrow morning to reschedule the appointment they so nicely cancelled for me the other day. (Apparently the doctor isn't going to be in the office Thursday...)
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @kelly_c_77 I hope kitty is doing well.

Thank you and the others who have mentioned her well being.. she is much better today...I'd say 90% "normal"... we'll probably still get her into the vet for a general check up just to be sure.
    @FroggyBug, one of our other cats, Scrappy, has had surgery twice now to remove foreign objects. He loves to chew/eat things that he's not supposed to....anything made of foam and skinny cords. Phone charger cords, earbuds cords, Christmas lights, our son's monitor charging cord are some of his favorites. We used to have a large foam mat under a rug that was underneath our treadmill. The rug was only a bit bigger than the foam mat (about an extra inch over the edges of the mat on all sides). Anyway, he would lift up the corners of the rug and chew off pieces of the mat...two separate times, about 6 months apart from each other, he actually swallowed chunks of the mat and they got lodged in his intestines. We wouldn't know until he would get sick after any time he ate or drank..because nothing could pass through...it all had to come back up.
    So yeah, lots of experience with that sort of thing. Skye is holding everything down..just not overly interested in her regular food.

My Kyrie worries me about this SO much.....she eats so much crap that is not food, esp shoe laces and paper! Tonight, I am pretty sure she ingested a few small pieces of my old flooring.....like really? I don't get what is so appealing about non food items!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! I'm surprised that there are so many pages to catch up on. I'm currently working on it. :)

I had a good birthday. I actually got a swimming suit and swam for the first time in a LONG time. I swam Friday and Saturday before the storms rolled in. I got to see fireworks Thursday, Friday and Saturday (I love fireworks). I was able to eat bbq, s'mores and had a lot of fun. I'm sad it is over.

My boyfriend did hang out with me from Thursday to Sunday. We got along well. Last night we decided to take a break and he is going to work on himself. I think it is a good thing. I finally think he understands how hurt my heart was/is. I'm feeling better at least.

Glad to hear it!

And super jealous, I am dying to go swimming and today was the only day it would have been hot enough this week and I was stuck at work all day!!

@FroggyBug I missed this earlier, but I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. Take the break time to figure out what you really want, too.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the well-wishes everyone! I'm going to call again tomorrow and see if I can actually speak to someone. Hubby called me a while ago to check on me, I told him what I've told you all, and he agrees that I need to see the doctor ASAP. I've literally just sat around all day obsessing, worrying, and wanting to lock myself in my room and cry. The only reason I haven't keeps running up to me and giving me hugs. :)
    Sorry you're feeling so down. I hope you can get in to see the Dr soon.

Thanks, I do too. I'm going to call again tomorrow morning to reschedule the appointment they so nicely cancelled for me the other day. (Apparently the doctor isn't going to be in the office Thursday...)

Really, don't be afraid to say it's an emergency. Take care of you!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Hi all!! Made it back from our camping trip safe and sound and all caught up in the thread. Lots of sunshine and lots of fun with my little man but I was glad to get home. Is it weird to say I missed all you guys. Cause I did!!
    Good Stuff!! I don't think it is weird at all....we have a pretty good little social circle going on here.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Thinking about me as a little kid inspired me to dig these out:
    Past the bald-blob stage but I don't have any of those on my phone unfortunately, haha.
    Anyone have any of themselves?
    What a cutie pie!! I might have some old pictures of me on Facebook. Maybe I can figure out how to get them on here...
    If you right-click them and save the image url, you can just paste it in here like this:
    [ img ] www.yourcopyandpastedlink.com [/ img ]
    but without any spaces.
    10613070_10203415220996122_8274225525690114739_n_zpsbt3d9ifa.jpg.html?&_suid=143593998689402962107820568675
    You're close! I think I can fix it. Here's @kecmw25:
    You did! How did you fix it? How old are those pictures huh?
    You were like a little doll! And speaking of dolls, I had a similar huge Raggedy Ann too. Kind of scary now, but it's funny how that stuff looks different to us now.
    Aww, thanks! I posted them to show someone how I looked at that age since I post so many pictures of my daughter on Facebook. Confession: I'm one of those moms :)
    I don't think you looked like a blob at all, you were adorable!!
    I love your avatar... Susie...you need to look at that one. The Hey, you...don't give up, OK?
    I think that is great.

I was going to make the same comment. Love that avatar!
    P.s. –I hope your knee is okay!

@Italian_Buju thank you for sharing that. I'm pretty sure I have some tendencies, I do the repeated checking of my bag, I always used to eat all of one thing on my plate, although I have mostly managed now to stop doing that. I actually have a lot of weird things with food, which watching tv discovered a lot were things people with anorexia do, so I'm not sure how come I'm the size I am! I think a lot of mine are checking and ordering things, that I don't really realise I do. My mum knows if I've been round while she's out because if there's a pile of coins on the side it'll have been stacked in height order.
    I think most people have some tendencies that can be considered OCD like.....the main difference is the focus and obsession in doing the task. It is odd though that so many people can have tendencies like that.
    That worries me about the anorexia tendencies, have you talked to someone about that??
    No, I haven't, it's things like eating food in certain orders, and knowing the calories in everything. I can't remember the others, just remember when I watched it realised almost all of them were things I do. But I've never even made it to my goal weight (or even halfway!), so I don't really think it's something to worry about. Although I think that was probably when I started trying not to eat all my food in order.

I have a lot of food I have to eat in a certain order too. Then there are things like pizza where I have to take all the toppings/cheese off and eat the crust first. Then I eat all the toppings last. I get frustrated because I do this every time and sometimes I just think I need to eat like a normal person. Haha

I am exactly the same way with pizza and now I notice my son does the same thing haha

That would be four of us then! I do the same.

What is with all you guys ruining pizza??? Didnt we already discuss this earlier in the thread with pasta?? THESE ARE SINS AGAINST MY PEOPLE!!! :p
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Geeez! Take a 4 day weekend and come back to more than 32 pages! I have to skip them. I did skim some pages as I was tagged a few times. Thanks @lilaclovebird for the info on sexual assault and to all who commented on my before and after pics - sorry I can't remember who all it was.
    Sorry I have missed so much and like I said I just skimmed some pages.
    @Italian_Buju I truly believe that when it is time for you lose weight you will know but YOU have to be ready to do it for YOU and not for some doctor or anyone else. Trust me, I tried many times for everyone else and it never worked and when I finally wanted it for ME, I was able to do it. I'd also like to add that I am so sorry you have so much to deal with. Maybe you should just focus on you and changing one small thing each week/day to move in the direction you want to be. It won't be so stressful and overwhelming that way.

my confession: I was really, really bad over the weekend, too much to eat, wrong things to eat, too much to drink. I did have a lot of activity, even hit the gym at our hotel two times, we went to Six Flags one day - lots of walking, and even so the scale is up 6lbs today! I know alot of it is water, (lots of salty foods and did I mention alcohol) but it was painful to see that damage this morning on the scale.

If I wait for me, it will never happen, I am rather content, lol, but I do not want to die, so that is a motivation, because I seriously fear my family trying to survive without me.....I know my DR is right, so I thought that should be enough? And thanks for the other.....I guess once I opened up here it really came pouring all out.... :blush:
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I'm trying to stay upbeat and positive about it, but I am so over this flare-up already. I WANT TO GET OFF THIS STUPID COUCH. BY MYSELF. :s

I'm pretty much at the most severe stage of the flare up right now--violent jerking convulsions of my upper body, an almost complete loss of balance and walking ability, and function impairment in my legs so that I can't even propel myself into a standing position alone. This stinks. *bratty pout*

:'(

I am so sorry, I hope you feel better soon!
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options

Just keep doing what you can. When I first started I could only do a few minutes at a time because the seat hurt my butt so bad. I still can't go more then 30 minutes without having to take a break and do some other exercises just to give my butt a break. Go slow and steady while your body adjusts.