Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 30 pages behind (largely avoided my laptop this weekend and was off today) but I'm still alive!

NSV: Put on a shirt today that I wore on vacation two years ago. The difference is huge, and that was such a great motivation boost!

Sweeet! Congrats! My NSV this weekend was going to the amusement park and not having to skip rides or sit in the XL seating, if available. I was able to ride rides that I had not since 2013. Rides that I also could not fit their restraints even just a few months ago. Made me feel really good!
  • m1xm0d3
    edited July 2015
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I posted Friday about not having any willpower lately...so I celebrated Independance Day by eating whatever I wanted all weekend. I am determined to get back on track now. I think I'm going to follow the advice I've read on here multiple times by taking this one thing/habit at a time. Starting with tracking all my food. This is probably the habit I most recently got out of so it makes sense to jump back into it 1st.

A little NSV tho, I usually wear a body shaping cami under everything. The last couple of weekends, and today, I was comfortable enough to skip it.

Can't gain it all or lose it all in a day. Just make sure you 'stop the bleeding' now. I had the same type of weekend and even today I am guessing my meal choices and that ain't good! I've always found exercise to be great motivation so a nice long bike this evening will do perfect.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Well, this is totally not a real problem, but pity party commenced. (Warning this is rather lame and I really just need to be told suck it up buttercup).

I hate how bothered I am by numbers on the scale. I'm recomping currently - which should not include weight gain as I am not attempting to bulk - but I've been over the top number I would like to be at for a couple of weeks now. I know it's probably just DOMS as Stronglifts is kicking my butt and my clothes fit the same if not better, but it really gets to me and I'm considering reducing calories even though I know its a bad idea for recomp progress but I'm letting the scale rule me.

I don't like how I let the scale rule me in general. On one hand it's good - even though I was using hair ties to extend the buttons on my pants instead of buying a bigger size - it wasn't until I saw 150 on the scale, which meant 25 BMI and officially over weight that I decided to do something about it. It's also great because I don't have to track food, make sure I stay in my 5 pound range and all's well. But then I have days like today and want to throw a giant pity party because the scale says a number I don't like which is actually not a real problem and I need to suck it up.

Pity party over. Sorry it's a lame pity party.

It's not lame at all. I admit the scale rules my life too...not that I want to..but it does. It can ruin my day...even when I know it's just water weight from the day before.

Yep. Same here. I'm not as bad as I used to be, but today I'm feeling ick because the scale said I magically gained 5 lbs overnight. I know that isn't true, but it affects me, nonetheless.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    So I just wrote a poor-me pity party post that MFP ate instead of posting. After skimming what's going on here though, I think that's good, I have nothing to be having a pity party about.

Hugs and happy thoughts to everyone and good luck tonight @KylerJaye

Hey! Just because you feel like your problems are somehow less important than others, you are entitled to your feelings. Your pity party is welcome here. ;)

word! i totally second that! :)
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    How is tomorrow the day we leave for our belated honeymoon?! How did it get here so fast? I CANNOT wait to spend some serious quality time with the person I love most in this world. I don't think he knows what he's gotten himself into.

Have tons of fun & eatz allz the foodz!

I ate all the shrimp! I ate SO MUCH SHRIMP!!! B)

I've missed like the last 100000 posts or so and don't plan to go back to read but I hope ya had a great vacation with no mishaps back at home. :)
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Well, this is totally not a real problem, but pity party commenced. (Warning this is rather lame and I really just need to be told suck it up buttercup).

I hate how bothered I am by numbers on the scale. I'm recomping currently - which should not include weight gain as I am not attempting to bulk - but I've been over the top number I would like to be at for a couple of weeks now. I know it's probably just DOMS as Stronglifts is kicking my butt and my clothes fit the same if not better, but it really gets to me and I'm considering reducing calories even though I know its a bad idea for recomp progress but I'm letting the scale rule me.

I don't like how I let the scale rule me in general. On one hand it's good - even though I was using hair ties to extend the buttons on my pants instead of buying a bigger size - it wasn't until I saw 150 on the scale, which meant 25 BMI and officially over weight that I decided to do something about it. It's also great because I don't have to track food, make sure I stay in my 5 pound range and all's well. But then I have days like today and want to throw a giant pity party because the scale says a number I don't like which is actually not a real problem and I need to suck it up.

It's not lame at all. I admit the scale rules my life too...not that I want to..but it does. It can ruin my day...even when I know it's just water weight from the day before.

LOL I used to be like that and I still weigh a few times a week but now if it's < then I am YAAAY! If it's > then I am like WHATEVER *flips bird* Haha.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 30 pages behind (largely avoided my laptop this weekend and was off today) but I'm still alive!

NSV: Put on a shirt today that I wore on vacation two years ago. The difference is huge, and that was such a great motivation boost!

Amazing difference! And your face is so much slimmer, too!!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    @CountessKitteh you look amazing. Fantastic!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 @peleroja @kecmw25 what cute little babies you all were!! I love looking at people's baby pictures and then comparing them to what they look like in present time! How adorable were y'all! <3

I look exactly the same, don't worry:

Still 20 pages behind, but nearly choked on my iced tea. Well done!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »

LOL I used to be like that and I still weigh a few times a week but now if it's < then I am YAAAY! If it's > then I am like WHATEVER *flips bird* Haha.

I try to have that attitude towards it and I'll have days where I say I don't care...but really, it weighs on me all day. Pun intended! ;)
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 I read a good book over the weekend. It is called What She left Behind by Ellen Marie Wiseman. Its about a young woman committed to an insane asylum in the 1930's by her father because she wouldn't marry who he wanted her too. Was so good I was sad when it ended

I'm going to add that to my Goodreads list. Sounds like it could be up my alley!

Me, too! I wonder if I order it off Amazon if it would arrive in time for my vacation?

ETA: I bought it and it's supposed to arrive by tomorrow. I love Amazon Prime! I also bought her other book, The Plum Tree, just because. Can't have too many books for vacation!

I have the kindle app for my tablet and Amazon has what is called Kindle Unlimited where for $9.95/month you can download up to 10 books at a time for that one price. Best thing ever!!

I also downloaded the Plum Tree . Going to start that one tonight lol

I've tried an e-reader. I just prefer real paper books...

Count me in as a real book reader. I got a kindle for christmas years ago, I just couldn't get into it. I recently signed up with the library in this City, man oh man I am in love all over again. So many books and so little time!

I prefer real books too! I got a Kobo a few years ago (Canada's big book store chain is Chapters, they have the Kobo e-reader) and I ended up using it to play solitaire. I never downloaded a single book.

I use my kindle mostly to play solitaire too!! I've read a few books on it but I find my library's subscription to overdrive fairly lame. They almost never have what I want to read available.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 Praying for you and hoping you're better soon!!! ❤️

I have to reschedule my doctor's appointment because apparently the doctor won't be in the office that day. I'm hoping I can be seen soon because I'm at the end of my rope with my depression, anxiety, and other issues. I'm so over "faking it", I'm NOT happy and I'm NOT okay!

(HUGS) Hang in there. I hope you get in to the doctor soon as well and that they are able to help you feel better.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options

I try to have that attitude towards it and I'll have days where I say I don't care...but really, it weighs on me all day. Pun intended! ;)
    Any later seasons of Survivor you would recommend? :tongue: Blood vs Water sounds interesting
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    @raelynnsmama52512 I hope you get into the doctor soon. I don't think I've heard the phrase blessed out for a very long time.

@Susieq_1994 I just have some hugs for you and thanks for sharing the pictures in the bat cave. I'll look on my computer tomorrow for my pictures from my trip to Newfoundland - I'm pretty sure I have some plane pics.

• Glinda1971
    Options
    @CountessKitteh awesome transformation!!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    How is tomorrow the day we leave for our belated honeymoon?! How did it get here so fast? I CANNOT wait to spend some serious quality time with the person I love most in this world. I don't think he knows what he's gotten himself into.

Have tons of fun & eatz allz the foodz!

I ate all the shrimp! I ate SO MUCH SHRIMP!!! B)

Hi. Glad to see you back on here. I'm a little behind but can't wait to hear about everything.

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I'm so sorry :( I hope the flare is a short one and you get to feeling better soon :(

@orangesmartie That's such an awesome attitude! Today is a new day and it's going to be great! I am jealous- I want to go to Nashville! lol not sure about the running (I run like an arthritic tortoise) but the rest sounds awesome.

AFM, it was a whirlwind weekend. I have Insulin Resistance and I'm hypoglycemic. If I eat like I'm supposed to (very strict, controlled diet) I can maintain my weight. Eat less, and I'll lose. Eat a bit of sugar, I get sick for half a day. I'm not kidding, either- an entire chocolate chip cookie is enough to have me on the couch for a few hours :( I eat ice cream or gelato by 1 tbsp and that's it and I'll still feel weird after unless I down water. Can't really eat fruit, unless it's a couple berries. I've learned to adjust and it's hard to own a home bakery when I want to taste everything but I've learned not to. I also scaled back my business.

My mom was watching oldest DS for us on July 4th, so when we went to pick him up yesterday, we grilled chicken and vegs for her as a "thank you". She had made two desserts and basically guilt tripped me into eating a bite of each. A regular forkful sized bite of each. I still don't feel right. I'm so bloated my pants don't fit well, my stomach is heaving, and I have a pounding headache. I'm mad at myself for not sticking to my guns.

But...in great news, we were approved to adopt the dog! She's coming up here on Saturday!! SO excited! We got some supplies and DH is actually getting excited, too. Her foster mom keeps sending me pics and it's making me so anxious to see her!

I am so happy for you getting the dog!!

Be careful with those blood sugar levels....that is nothing to play with!

• FroggyBug
    Options

Awesome NSV! I'm looking forward to doing that sometime. What an awesome feeling that must be.
    I like the new avatar as well.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

See that's what I *say* I'm like, and what I tell others to do, but in real life, I am a giant hypocrite. I need to work on that.

@kelly_c_77 @riderfangal @rungirl1973 Thanks for the pity party validation - you guys are the best :)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Any later seasons of Survivor you would recommend? :tongue: Blood vs Water sounds interesting

Yeah, blood vs water was good. I liked the first season that they did of blood vs water better...because it had returning players from previous seasons and their family members. The latest season on white collar, blue collar, and red collar was also good. I liked every season pretty much... I've watched from the very 1st season..