Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. I have to admit that part of the frustration is that I'm really ticked off at myself for getting sick in the first place. I've had this disorder for the better part of three years, and living with a chronic disease long-term means you learn how to manage it well (as I'm sure @Italian_Buju can attest to) or you're doomed. I learned all the little nuances and whispers of my body and when to stop and take it easy. But after a six month respite from any sort of flares, I got overconfident and stopped paying attention.

In hindsight, as an ill person, I KNEW and still know that I'm not capable of 60 minutes of stationary bike PLUS 36 flights of stairs PLUS a one hour walk, especially not when I'm fasting, which makes me much more prone to weakness. But I did that TWO DAYS IN A ROW without even thinking about it. So this flare up is all my stupid fault, and I'm pretty mad at me. I'm also mad at my body for not being healthy, which is a common resentment I have that always comes to the fore when I get sick. Stupid body, stupid me, stupid everything. :angry:

You are NOT stupid. However, I really hope that next time you won't push yourself so hard. I remember thinking that although I was jealous of all your activity, maybe it was too much at once. :( I really hope you feel better soon.

Thanks. :) Yup, it was excessive, especially for a chronically ill person to jump into all at once. Bleh. I hope so too!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I just ate a banana and I thought about back when I spent some time in a hospital. There was a girl who sat next to me and started ranting about the proper way to eat a banana. She said that her mom and sister peeled back the banana and ate it while it still sat in the rest of the peel. She claimed to have never seen anyone else do it like that.... and all I could think was ''Wait... you REMOVE the whole banana before eating it???'' I had never seen her way and she had never seen mine.

She thought this was crazy:
    zhlycsr7epml.jpg

Most people eat their bananas like this, right? :lol:

I do! My husband peels the whole thing, and I wonder why he would touch the banana part when you can just hold it by the peel and not get banana gunk on your hands. LOL
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Patting myself on the back this afternoon. Went out for lunch with friends and looked up calories on a couple things and decided what I was going to have...which I've done in the past and then still not ordered the predetermined meal. I ordered the fajitas and soup combo and didn't eat the tortillas so probably about 650ish calories!!

Awesome will power! Way to go! And by the way- I just got an email my new jawbone is being delivered- hopefully I'll have it in the next couple days!

I have to admit that I totally did a double take. "She's getting her JAWBONE delivered?! How did her jawbone get removed and why would it be DELIVERED?! Oh wait... Right... Her Jawbone."
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Patting myself on the back this afternoon. Went out for lunch with friends and looked up calories on a couple things and decided what I was going to have...which I've done in the past and then still not ordered the predetermined meal. I ordered the fajitas and soup combo and didn't eat the tortillas so probably about 650ish calories!!

Awesome will power! Way to go! And by the way- I just got an email my new jawbone is being delivered- hopefully I'll have it in the next couple days!

I have to admit that I totally did a double take. "She's getting her JAWBONE delivered?! How did her jawbone get removed and why would it be DELIVERED?! Oh wait... Right... Her Jawbone."

Hahahaha!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. I have to admit that part of the frustration is that I'm really ticked off at myself for getting sick in the first place. I've had this disorder for the better part of three years, and living with a chronic disease long-term means you learn how to manage it well (as I'm sure @Italian_Buju can attest to) or you're doomed. I learned all the little nuances and whispers of my body and when to stop and take it easy. But after a six month respite from any sort of flares, I got overconfident and stopped paying attention.

In hindsight, as an ill person, I KNEW and still know that I'm not capable of 60 minutes of stationary bike PLUS 36 flights of stairs PLUS a one hour walk, especially not when I'm fasting, which makes me much more prone to weakness. But I did that TWO DAYS IN A ROW without even thinking about it. So this flare up is all my stupid fault, and I'm pretty mad at me. I'm also mad at my body for not being healthy, which is a common resentment I have that always comes to the fore when I get sick. Stupid body, stupid me, stupid everything. :angry:

I would give my daughter a time out for saying stupid. :p

Please stop being so hard on yourself. You're super great!! I don't know anything about FND but it sounds very difficult to deal with. Continued prayers for your quick recovery. & Thank goodness for Mr SusieQ taking care of you.

Shall I go park myself in a corner for twenty minutes? It's one minute per year of life, right... :p

My favorite website to reference when people ask about FND is the website www.fndhope.org, but it seems to be down right now. :( Yup, thank goodness for my husband--there's nobody more awesome than he is. ;) Prayers are appreciated! :)
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I just ate a banana and I thought about back when I spent some time in a hospital. There was a girl who sat next to me and started ranting about the proper way to eat a banana. She said that her mom and sister peeled back the banana and ate it while it still sat in the rest of the peel. She claimed to have never seen anyone else do it like that.... and all I could think was ''Wait... you REMOVE the whole banana before eating it???'' I had never seen her way and she had never seen mine.

Raelynn has to have her banana out of the peel, or else she doesn't want to eat it. I always thought it was just her lol! And now I want a banana sandwich like I had growing up (bread, DUKES mayo, and sliced bananas). Oh, I need some more bananas! :laugh:

In the peel! I haven't had a banana and mayo sandwich in FOREVER! So yummy! Pretty sure it's a southern thing though. My mom is from SC originally but moved to IL when she married my dad. My southern cousins introduced me to it when we were visiting SC on vacation.

Yay! I'm not the only one lol! My Mama Tucker used to make them for me all the time growing up. That used to be our thing during the summer, a glass of tea, banana sandwich, and me listening to her tell stories from her childhood and young adulthood. Oh I miss those days lol!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

While I hate bananas, I believe that's the way everyone I knows eat them, including myself when I do force myself to gag them down... Holding the whole unpeeled banana in your hands would just get you all sticky and gross--the banana peel keeps it clean and easy!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    What's with all the sweet pickle hate? I love ALL the pickles. More for me, tra la la!

I am in this camp. I like dill, bread & butter, sweet gherkin and all relish.

Me too!

Can someone tell me what in the world bread and butter pickles are? :-/ They sound so weird... Does anyone actually put pickles on bread and butter?!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Raelynn has to have her banana out of the peel, or else she doesn't want to eat it. I always thought it was just her lol! And now I want a banana sandwich like I had growing up (bread, DUKES mayo, and sliced bananas). Oh, I need some more bananas! :laugh:

In the peel! I haven't had a banana and mayo sandwich in FOREVER! So yummy! Pretty sure it's a southern thing though. My mom is from SC originally but moved to IL when she married my dad. My southern cousins introduced me to it when we were visiting SC on vacation.

Yay! I'm not the only one lol! My Mama Tucker used to make them for me all the time growing up. That used to be our thing during the summer, a glass of tea, banana sandwich, and me listening to her tell stories from her childhood and young adulthood. Oh I miss those days lol!

Confession: That sounds gross to me. Bananas and mayo? Ew. :s But then, my husband thinks the idea of bananas sliced up in a peanut butter sandwich is gross/really weird, and I grew up eating those--it's the only way I can stomach bananas, in fact. :p
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I'm almost done with Survivor 29 and I am really upset by the final three. One of them I like ok (and I think for sure is going to win), the other two I never really liked... and the person I wanted to win got voted out in fourth place. ARGH. Hate it when that happens.

On another note, I keep hearing some weird sound coming from my kitchen and I'm not sure what it could be. I told my boyfriend our apartment must be haunted or something. It almost sounds like some water is splashing on the floor violently, but I can't find anything wrong. We recently had an ant infestation so maybe a big ant is making noise in our wall as revenge for our ant murder.

Creepy. I hope you can figure out what it is. If you do, let us know.

Back in about 2009 or 2010, we had a few months were my whole family was experiencing weird things (in different locations) that I've never been able to explain to this day. It was really weird... I felt like we were all haunted for a while too.

Had a whole post on this but it got eaten, so here's myCliffNotes:

*cue creepy music and/or men in white coats to take me away, whichever you prefer*

I don't think you are crazy. Like I said it was the weirdest thing that for a couple years my whole family was experiencing weird things. Loud bangs and tapping noises, things would move on their own etc. Nothing before or since.

A lot of different things happened but here are a couple examples:

~I had a glass candle holder that was sitting behind a couple other items on a shelf. When I got home from work one day the holder was on the floor and the glass was shattered all over the carpet. For this to happen it would have had to have been picked up and moved over the other items in front of it and slammed against the soft carpet.

~I was at work and I worked at the front desk. I heard the elevator chime as I usually did when someone came up them. I heard and saw the door handle jiggle which used to happen a lot (we had glass on the sides and then a locked wooden door). I went to the door to help let the person in but no one was there. I checked the cameras for that time and couldn't see anyone pass by any of the glass windows.

I love hearing stories like this and the others that were posted...but if they happened to me? I'd cry in a corner forever.

If you get scared easily maybe avoid this haha. I don't want to give anyone nightmares. :)
    It was scary. The worst though was just the feeling of being watched at night. I haven't had any problems with this before or since as I said (just for a while during that time period). So people will probably think I'm crazy but I would be trying to sleep and I felt like if I opened my eyes I would see something evil sitting in front of me staring into my face so I NEVER opened my eyes when I felt like that because I didn't want to see anything.

I spent a lot of nights as a child with this fear. Ever heard of 'shadow people'? When I was a kid I saw a tall shadowy figure standing in my doorway every night. I was terrified and couldn't move. This happened in three different houses, until I was about 16. Thankfully I've never seen it since, but my brother and his girlfriend saw something similar a couple years ago in his room. It wasn't until a few years ago that I learned there are people worldwide who have seen something similar. We can't all be crazy, right? ;)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

Please stop being so hard on yourself. You're super great!! I don't know anything about FND but it sounds very difficult to deal with. Continued prayers for your quick recovery. & Thank goodness for Mr SusieQ taking care of you.

Shall I go park myself in a corner for twenty minutes? It's one minute per year of life, right... :p

My favorite website to reference when people ask about FND is the website www.fndhope.org, but it seems to be down right now. :( Yup, thank goodness for my husband--there's nobody more awesome than he is. ;) Prayers are appreciated! :)

Well...you said stupid a lot but I think I will let you off this time with a warning. It's hard to give her a time out for that because the word is everywhere, even in the movies she watches. Believe me, she tells me everytime a character says stupid. The problem is, she calls me or my husband stupid when she's mad and I don't want her calling a person that. Hear that? You don't call yourself stupid! You are a very intelligent, very considerate and super great person!

I am going to check out that website or just google FND. Thanks! :)
  • ShibaEars
    Options

zhlycsr7epml.jpg

Yes this is the correct way lol
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I had the exact thoughts about getting banana gunk on your hands :tongue:

Also, I grew up in South Carolina and I have never had a banana and mayo sandwich. Not only that, but it sounds disgusting to me! I already don't like mayonnaise that much, but maybe I'd like the sandwich. Who knows? I think it was Italian_Buju who mentioned eating tomato and peanut butter sandwiches. All kinds of combinations you'd never think to try out there.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    What's with all the sweet pickle hate? I love ALL the pickles. More for me, tra la la!

I am in this camp. I like dill, bread & butter, sweet gherkin and all relish.

Me too!

Can someone tell me what in the world bread and butter pickles are? :-/ They sound so weird... Does anyone actually put pickles on bread and butter?!

I think they're sweet pickles. No thank you :p
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

Yall are missing out! You add peanut butter! Peanut butter on one side of the bread, mayo on the other, banana in the middle. Life changing....yum.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

Yall are missing out! You add peanut butter! Peanut butter on one side of the bread, mayo on the other, banana in the middle. Life changing....yum.

I'm intrigued
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I'm almost done with Survivor 29 and I am really upset by the final three. One of them I like ok (and I think for sure is going to win), the other two I never really liked... and the person I wanted to win got voted out in fourth place. ARGH. Hate it when that happens.

On another note, I keep hearing some weird sound coming from my kitchen and I'm not sure what it could be. I told my boyfriend our apartment must be haunted or something. It almost sounds like some water is splashing on the floor violently, but I can't find anything wrong. We recently had an ant infestation so maybe a big ant is making noise in our wall as revenge for our ant murder.

Creepy. I hope you can figure out what it is. If you do, let us know.

Back in about 2009 or 2010, we had a few months were my whole family was experiencing weird things (in different locations) that I've never been able to explain to this day. It was really weird... I felt like we were all haunted for a while too.

Had a whole post on this but it got eaten, so here's myCliffNotes:

*cue creepy music and/or men in white coats to take me away, whichever you prefer*

I don't think you are crazy. Like I said it was the weirdest thing that for a couple years my whole family was experiencing weird things. Loud bangs and tapping noises, things would move on their own etc. Nothing before or since.

A lot of different things happened but here are a couple examples:

~I had a glass candle holder that was sitting behind a couple other items on a shelf. When I got home from work one day the holder was on the floor and the glass was shattered all over the carpet. For this to happen it would have had to have been picked up and moved over the other items in front of it and slammed against the soft carpet.

~I was at work and I worked at the front desk. I heard the elevator chime as I usually did when someone came up them. I heard and saw the door handle jiggle which used to happen a lot (we had glass on the sides and then a locked wooden door). I went to the door to help let the person in but no one was there. I checked the cameras for that time and couldn't see anyone pass by any of the glass windows.

I love hearing stories like this and the others that were posted...but if they happened to me? I'd cry in a corner forever.

If you get scared easily maybe avoid this haha. I don't want to give anyone nightmares. :)
    It was scary. The worst though was just the feeling of being watched at night. I haven't had any problems with this before or since as I said (just for a while during that time period). So people will probably think I'm crazy but I would be trying to sleep and I felt like if I opened my eyes I would see something evil sitting in front of me staring into my face so I NEVER opened my eyes when I felt like that because I didn't want to see anything.

I spent a lot of nights as a child with this fear. Ever heard of 'shadow people'? When I was a kid I saw a tall shadowy figure standing in my doorway every night. I was terrified and couldn't move. This happened in three different houses, until I was about 16. Thankfully I've never seen it since, but my brother and his girlfriend saw something similar a couple years ago in his room. It wasn't until a few years ago that I learned there are people worldwide who have seen something similar. We can't all be crazy, right? ;)

Anything paranormal and I am all over it! I've had run ins with "spirits" (whatever term you go with) when I was younger, seeing them and communicating with them. Now I still have sightings but it's not as vivid as a child. I think the most vivid and scary memory I have is when I was 6 or so a close family friend and my babysitter passed away overnight from a stroke, no one knew until the morning. I have a very vivid memory of waking up in the middle of the night with her standing next to my bed, she reached out and pushed my hair out of my way and then poof gone. Finding out the next morning she had passed was terrifying, it took a long time for me to come terms with what happened.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Well...you said stupid a lot but I think I will let you off this time with a warning. It's hard to give her a time out for that because the word is everywhere, even in the movies she watches. Believe me, she tells me everytime a character says stupid. The problem is, she calls me or my husband stupid when she's mad and I don't want her calling a person that. Hear that? You don't call yourself stupid! You are a very intelligent, very considerate and super great person!

I am going to check out that website or just google FND. Thanks! :)

Yay, I get off with a warning! :p Yup, I personally find the language that they allow in movies/shows aimed toward very young kids to be surprising--I don't think any form of derogatory language, mild or otherwise, should be taught to young children.

Actually, even the content allowed in so-called kids' movies is surprising to me. :-/ Maybe I'm just overly prudish.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

Peanut butter....and mayo? I'm usually down to try anything once, but idk about that! Lol
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options

Confession: That sounds gross to me. Bananas and mayo? Ew. :s But then, my husband thinks the idea of bananas sliced up in a peanut butter sandwich is gross/really weird, and I grew up eating those--it's the only way I can stomach bananas, in fact. :p

Peanut butter, banana, and honey. Omnomnom!