Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I have to have a blood test done again because the hospital messed up the label. I'm not overly bothered as I'm not squeamish about needles.

Since it was their error, the hospital offered to send the nurse to me so I wouldn't have to take yet more time off work for appointments. Suits me, except I still haven't told work I'm pregnant. I'm planning on telling tomorrow when the boss will be in the office after 2 weeks away (and I'll be 16 weeks and struggling to hide it). Having a nurse come to my office and do a blood test won't be a problem for my work, but how am I going to explain it? Is it cruel to allow them to believe I'm dying until tomorrow, when I'll finally spill the beans?

Nope. You're blood test is none of their business. Besides you can tell them it's routine testing,but they lost the first sample and are making it right. They'll think it's cholesterol, etc.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I have two NSV's to share with you all:

I haven't been wearing any of my jeans because they were way too tight. I put them on this weekend and they're loose. They won't be wearable shortly.

And secondly - when I stand up straight and look down - I can see my toes!!

Woohoo!! :)

Since it's summer, maybe you can get by with one pair of transitional jeans...

I mostly wear black pants from Rickis anyways. And I bought a bunch of skirts of it ever gets hot enough to wear them.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I'm still catching up, currently on 1242.

I'm a little bummed this morning. I'm usually very bored at work (hence the frequent MFP visits) and had asked my boss for new tasks. She gave me one that takes up several hours each month & I do enjoy doing. However she keeps taking it back. Each morning I have tasks that take 3-4 hours, so I can't work on the bank stuff until the afternoon. She said she's bored so she's going to do the bank stuff today. So now I'm going to be back to being bored, and since it's only a once-a-month job it becomes more difficult to figure out how to do it since I don't get any practice. *sigh* What's the point of giving me the task if she wanted to keep it?

She is probably worried you will do a better job and show her up. Women are terrible bosses. They have too many insecurities (so speaks a woman boss).

I am an exception to this rule. :p
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I have two NSV's to share with you all:

I haven't been wearing any of my jeans because they were way too tight. I put them on this weekend and they're loose. They won't be wearable shortly.

And secondly - when I stand up straight and look down - I can see my toes!!

I LONG for this one...so much..but my chesticles make it impossible. :lol:

Congratulations on both NSV's! Are you one who looks forward to shopping for newer and smaller clothes?

Not I, I hate shopping. I'm kind of sad for that reason that I'm shrinking out of everything.

I didn't think I was ever going to see my toes - I'm well endowed - but they've shrunk down enough.

That's an excellent set of NSVs. I feel you with hating shopping though. Especially for jeans. I am the owner of a pair of wide hips and jeans are awful to shop for.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Good morning from page 1286!! Had a great weekend. The concert was great and the food was too. I managed to keep myself from causing any major damage other than a little water weight. It was a good time.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I went on a field trip in the fifth grade and we stopped to get lunch at a restaurant. My friend ordered spaghetti and proceeded to just pour on LOTS of ketchup. I was horrified.
    At that age my nephew was famous for eating anything with ketchup on it. His friends like to remind him of the time he ate a piece of wood with ketchup! He's still an 'anything for a dare' type kid, even now at age 19. :#
    Yum... pieces of wood really hit the spot. When I was in Girl Scouts there was a girl in the group that would do anything for a dare. I liked to consider myself a daredevil, but she was dared to lick a cockroach that was crawling across the floor and SHE DID IT. I would not have dared to do that.

My flatmate at uni once ate a cigarette butt as a dare. The worst part - it wasn't even HER cigarette butt. We've no idea whose it was as it was a flat party and there were about 50 people there. Absolutely minging. (But your cockroach licker is still worse!)
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    currently doing the 20 page catch up, in the meantime....

post date update!

ok, so i met the really nice dude for the first time on 7/9.
    since that thursday, i have literally spent some time of every day with him. ranging from two hours, to entire days.
    it's been absolutely amazing.

there was a slight hiccup on friday, where apparently he had had a panic attack on wednesday and didn't tell me. and the reason he didn't tell me is because the panic attack was from him getting freaked out that what we've been doing must be too good to be true, the shoe was going to drop and he was going to be crushed. he thought he ruined the potential of us having a relationship by letting things go too far too fast and was just overwhelmed by the whole thing. (which i actually think is pretty darn precious, just wish the poor dude didn't have to have a panic attack over it). so on friday, he was trying to reel things back a bit and to me it was like, oh and he's the rejection i've been expecting!

but then amazingly, on saturday, and then some more on sunday, we completely talked through everything. and he never got angry, or defensive, or stormed off (which was 97% of any discussion from my previous relationship). we came to a mutual conclusion on going forward and how we wanted to keep going forward. it was kinda awesome.

like really awesome. super great even ;)

and now he's determined to help me get my house done. my place has been in a constant state of "under construction" since i bought it. the ex wasn't exactly carpentry savvy, or motivated, so nothing was ever finished. lots and lots of starts, nothing finished. so yesterday we spent the whole day working on the dining room that still had naked walls and exposed insulation. one of the things he said while we were working that just totally made me melt was "just so you know, we're going to be eating dinner in here before the end of this week. this will be done" *sqee!*

yeah i'm pretty sure i've decided to keep him :D
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @KylerJaye That is a super great update!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I confess I'd like to strangle my husband for eating my Graze flapjacks (by far the best of all the Graze snacks) without asking...especially when I buy him an entire box (or 2) of granola bars each week. :(
    While muttering under my breath about how irritated I was by this, my sweet son reminded me that we're supposed to share. Lesson learned.

I also confess that I'm starting to freak out a bit because preschool starts in exactly two months from today! What???? Where has my little baby gone?

Awwww how cute is that??
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    eddnysi1spdh.png

This made me laugh, forever, and ever, lol.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I confess I'd like to strangle my husband for eating my Graze flapjacks (by far the best of all the Graze snacks) without asking...especially when I buy him an entire box (or 2) of granola bars each week. :(
    While muttering under my breath about how irritated I was by this, my sweet son reminded me that we're supposed to share. Lesson learned.

I also confess that I'm starting to freak out a bit because preschool starts in exactly two months from today! What???? Where has my little baby gone?
    Make your own! So easy http://kitchenoverlord.com/2014/08/13/scottish-flapjacks-or-the-only-reason-you-still-subscribe-to-graze/

Aww, preschool! Is he excited?

Thank you! I remember someone (maybe you) posted a recipe for them before but I never copied it down!

And yes, he is excited most days...but sometimes he says, "No Mama, I want to stay home with you"! Awww :(
    To be honest, it's mostly me that I'm worried about! He'll have new friends, toys, games, and stuff to learn. I'll just be home by myself, without my little sidekick. I know it'll be fine...after all, it's only Tuesdays and Thursdays for 3 hours. I'll probably end up loving the alone time...but for now, I'll be sad.

@kellyjellybellyjelly, interesting thoughts about PLL. I'll be shocked though if they really tell us who A is once and for all.

I have mentioned this before, but that is exactly how it will go.

Last summer was the first time both my kids had real full time jobs. They were both rather homebodies at night, so I maybe got one night alone a year for the last 17 years, and then all of a sudden, they were both gone from like 3pm into the late evening, almost every night. At first I was a bit freaked out, and would go out every time they both worked, which was many nights a week. If I was at home, I could not relax. After a few weeks, it got a little better, and then by the end of the summer, it was fine.

Then my daughter left for school in the fall, and my son continued to work several nights a week all year.

My daughter came back, and she is on a rotating shift, and gets a LOT of day shifts....now I get super excited if they are both working night shift so I can have some alone time, lol. This magically night happens tomorrow this week. I can't wait! It seems to only happen once every couple weeks now......however, she will be leaving for school in less than two months, and my son always works evenings. :p
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    @MoHousdon, I think I'm going to have to borrow your profile Tshirt today! Grrr...

I LOVE that shirt! Sometimes I truly DO feel that way. You're more than welcome to borrow it. I'll have to find it first. :blush:

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @KylerJaye That is a super great update!

+1
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

peleroja wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    kyrah702 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm in constant pain lately and due to a knee injury, can't exercise(Most things are too much impact and I'm in screaming pain for weeks afterwards). It's been over a year since the injury happened and I had started walking again without my cane but now I'm back to almost needing it again.

SO. Today, after I saw some of the suggestions to go swimming(I like being in water but I hate the upkeep of shaving etc to get to the pool) I decided to look for a full body swimsuit because I'm uncomfortable in regular 1 or 2 piece suits. I found one on my lunch today and bought it, along with a swim cap so that I can finally feel confident enough to go and do something for myself that hopefully won't end in pain! I'm really excited and I know I'll get weird looks at the pool but I don't care.

Also got a referral for physio so hopefully the combination will help!

That's great! Enjoy your water time.

+1 and I also agree about the shaving part. That's mostly why I wear pants all year round. :blush:

And the hubby doesn't protest???

I once dated a girl that had some seriously coarse hair. She always had 5 o'clock shadow on her legs and it was sooo discomforting to rub against them. We didn't last long. lol

I only shave my legs when I remember, which is maybe biweekly or weekly in the summer. Once you let it go a couple days it gets soft again, haha. But I'm blonde and nearly hairless regardless so it barely matters if I shave the fifteen hairs that grow on my legs as you can't see them unless you're really trying to see them. I think of it as my reward for dealing with nearly invisible eyebrows and eyelashes. My husband couldn't care less about when I shave.

I am the exact same way!!!

I have nearly no body hair, anywhere! When I used to wear make-up, I always had to colour in my eyebrows, like on top of the hair!! I do not shave at all, except my underarms, maybe a few times a year, which it grows super slow there and not much either.

I am Italian :|

While I am glad for this, it is nearly unnatural for Italians, lol, I went to school with girls that had to shave their forearms!! LOL
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I logged a glass of wine. (Rare for me to log) I weighed it too. I don't think I'm going to finish it but I am not going to delete the calories if I don't finish it.

ETA : I was far enough under my calories (100 calories under the "before exercise number" that if this was a typical day I'd make myself eat more to get up to that number. I ate until I was full and had four meals. However, I know that last Friday I legitimately ate almost two days worth of calories and I was HUNGRY all day. That is one reason I'm tracking for a week, to make sure I'm still "calibrated" overall. I hope that makes sense.
    I think all of that makes perfect sense. The reason I've had problems in the past is because I've considered the weight loss 'done'. Instead, like you, I need to learn to keep checking and monitoring.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Back from vacation...can't sleep. Work is gonna suck tomorrow! I'm 1229 posts behind and I don't think I'm even going to try to catch up.

Whoever suggested we read "What She Left Behind" by Ellen Marie Wiseman, thanks! I read it today in four hours, couldn't put it down!

Yay! Glad you liked it as much as I did.
    Will look out for that - I need a vacation read!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    welcome to another episode of post date update! :)

monday -

really nice dude had date number 4!
    very low key, some beverages and a bunch of talking. talked about personal stuffs, like very bonding type of conversations. i really like this guy. i'm trying not to get overly excited, but i think this dude is awesome.

tuesday -

ok, remember the dude from a week ago that i said was extremely effeminate, constantly talked over me, and if he were gay he could totally be my bff? went out with him again, as per many suggestions...first date nerves and whatnot.... exactly the same! perpetually "on," constantly mocked the waitresses (which kinda drives me nuts), and to completely wreck the evening, awkwardly made me pay for EVERYTHING. apparently i "owed" him. i decided to call it a night around 8:30ish (which literally has never happened).

*here is where i potentially destroy everything*

so even in calling it a night at 8:30, i was kinda drunk, and really depressed about the whole evening. so what does my dumb butt do? i text super nice boy all whiney and emo. go over to his place and tell him all about my craptastical night. he's still very sweet and understanding, he makes me coffee and then gives me water. we chat for a while, and eventually call it a night. and the entire time i'm there i'm thinking wth am i doing? this is total self sabotage, i'm ruining everything!

he texted me this morning to make sure i was ok and see if i was feeling better. so yeah, still like the best dude ever. but i'm very worried that i totally wrecked everything. :(

Glad you found one guy you really like! I did read your other post about it too! I hope it is still going well by the time I catch up....

As far as the bolded part.....wtf?
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    I drove 200 miles last night to end my relationships. I talked a lot. Couldn't bring myself to say the words. I didn't think it would be possible for my heart to be so broken again.

I know I am late on this but still wamted to give you big hugs!
    Anyone heard from @orangesmartie recently? I hope she's doing ok.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

I love this! Probably didn't make the cocoa because didn't plan to consume the whole dose to make a cup full.

I'm still smoking and PLEASE don't forget the not being mean rule!!! I know...I know... I know! DISGUSTING and deadly.

I think we should start playing BINGO for every time this post, the trash bag sauna suit, or the drowning of food is quoted. If we were playing blackout, I'd have won long, long ago. :smiley:

• Tubbs216
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    Some of my relatives and friends of those relatives keep asking me how I'm losing weight. The same people will ask me multiple times. At first I thought it was because they just weren't remembering the information, now I'm starting to think it is because some of them don't believe me. I overheard one of them saying that it isn't that I've finally been correctly diagnosed and medicated no, it is because I've had the surgery. How I've managed to have that surgery and see them once a week without recovery time is a mystery!

I confess I really want to stop seeing these people and on the way out the door I'd like to slap a few of them. Not with a chair or anything too drastic. I also confess that while I have said I'm using a calorie counting site I have not told them it is this one. This is for me. They can sign up on their own, but I do not want to talk to them here as well. I sort of don't care if that makes me a jerk.

I am also tired of people asking me how I did it, signing up for the site, I friend them, and then they never log, don't weigh their food, never complete their diary and then tell me it doesn't work. Well guys, look at me... I lost 30 lbs. You say I look great. So...this does work. If you are honest and track religiously.
    Yeah, I've encouraged a couple of people to sign up, and ... nothing.

The only person I've encouraged is my sister and that was to save her from her overly restrictive low fat ways.

She is using it and losing. But she doesn't come in the forums.

If anyone else I knew signed up, I probably wouldn't friend them. This part of my life is, well not private per se, but not for sharing with coworkers etc.
    Yes! That's how I feel too.