Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I'm somehow 4 days behind on this thread!

Confession: Every so often I like to do a sweetcorn test. It's a way of seeing how long food takes to pass through your gut. I'll spare you the details.

It used to take 24-48 hours. I was efficient. This last one took 6 days! No wonder I feel sluggish!

I have been having a similar issue this past week...without a test. I am sure this is partly why my weight is up and why my tummy has been off. And I am not pregnant! I might have to try those Haribo candies or whatever everyone talks about! ;)

Good plan but I'm not sure those Haribos are pregnancy-sanctioned. I think I'll just accept my fate for a while. At least I can pretend my bloat is actually baby (it really isn't, after this weekend it's mostly barbecue meat and ice-cream!).

Sorry if I missed it, but how did the reveal go?

It's my mother's birthday in August but she will be away the entire month visiting her sisters in France. So I said, here's an early birthday present for you, open it now. It was a teeny tiny pair of baby socks with frogs on them (my mum collects frogs - it's a longstanding joke about her being French). She looked confused, then the penny eventually dropped. I said, they're a bit small for you, but they'll fit someone you know soon. She was thrilled.

My dad's first reaction was 'OH NO!' but not because he was in any way upset over becoming a grandad (he's also thrilled). It was because he realised now he has to put up with my mum's baby-obsessed craziness for the next few months and I bet it'll get WORSE once the kid is born. Poor Papa, I do feel sorry for him!

Then we went out and I had a cheeseburger, fries and ice-cream, because you only reveal to your parents they're becoming grandparents for the first time ONCE.

Good weekend!

Awesome!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Eve53 wrote: »
    Ok, I'll try to keep up. I got another confession though... I use mens shampoo/body wash at the gym because I can't find an all in one that is made for women, and don't want to be bothered with more than one bottle.

Also, I don't wear undies or a bra when I leave the gym because I don't want the trouble of trying to get them back on when I'm all spent from working out, lol.

I confess that this morning I got up at around 5:30 AM to get a shower & after putting Herbal Essence 2 in 1 in my hair I almost put body wash in my hair.

I also confess that some days I forget to wear deodorant to work.
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @Tubbs216 don't worry about keeping up/responding just don't leave us!!!
    Aw, thank you. I'm not going anywhere - sometimes I get overwhelmed about trying to thoroughly read everything and respond to everyone.

Just do what you can...only us OCD folks need to read everything!

You know! Here I am, over on page 1244.....I have made a LOT of head way this weekend, but I am scared to go into the week behind!! I do have Tuesday night home alone though, I am gonna have to make sure I get all my steps in early so I can come home and hang out here for a few hours before bed, lol.

I know how you feel. I have about 2 days I am still not caught up on that I MUST read. It was my plan for tonight but a colicky horse stopped that. I didn't get home til after 11 and I was too tired to even go get my McDonald's ice cream for national ice cream day. I am allowing myself a rain check.

I hope horse is doing much better. Is it? I hope you are ok too.

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'll try to keep up. I got another confession though... I use mens shampoo/body wash at the gym because I can't find an all in one that is made for women, and don't want to be bothered with more than one bottle.

Also, I don't wear undies or a bra when I leave the gym because I don't want the trouble of trying to get them back on when I'm all spent from working out, lol.

I confess that this morning I got up at around 5:30 AM to get a shower & after putting Herbal Essence 2 in 1 in my hair I almost put body wash in my hair.

I have used my body wash in my hair because I was THAT tired after finishing a 16 hour shift sleeping for 4 hours and hopping back to work for another 12 hours. I was halfway through the rinse before I realized what I had done.... But my hair survived and didn't act or smell too much out of the ordinary.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    So I got a game in the mail today. It's from the Harvest Moon series... nothing hardcore but I've always found it adorable and relaxing. You basically just go around town building your home and relationships and farming. Just a quiet and cute game :) Right now I'm feeling a bit panicky (I don't know if my posts show it or not) so I'm hoping it can soothe me :tongue:

My husband was telling me that he LOVED this game! I've never played it, but now I'm curious. I was lamenting selling my old school Nintendo years ago and wishing I had it to play some Zelda or Super Mario on again. I worked hard at my grandma's farm to earn the money to buy the NES for myself when I was about 10 years old. It was the first thing I ever really WORKED for and it taught me a lot about the value of money/time/effort. I'll be 39 next month and have to adult most days.... but MAN, I'd love to just spend a day playing the old games I loved!
    I still have my SuperNintendo system with a few games. I love Yoshi's Island and break out the system about once a year just to play that game!

I had an original sega system with two controllers and over 100 games that was still in working order and my daughter's bio mother 'lost' it in a storage unit she failed to make payments on....I can't even remember why she had it. :angry:
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Home sweet home! I missed you all and hope you haven't forgotten me. It was just too busy too post although I did try and skim through a few pages every night before bed which incidentally was never before midnight.

We had a ball. Tubing, swimming, quadding. A bonfire every night and too much junk food but I did manage to get lots of steps in. My 2 SILs and I walked about 4 miles each morning before anyone got out of bed.

No one has seen me since Christmas and since then I have lost about 37 pounds so I got lots of compliments. One of my nephews didn't recognize me at first lol.

Well I am off to unpack but wanted to check in. I have lots I want to respond too. Maybe I will get to it later. I did want to quickly say glad you are back @Italian_Buju

I think the nephew not recognizing you is this week's NSV. Great job!

I second that! How fun!
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I dropped a big blog of peanut butter onto the crotch of my black pants. I tried to clean it off, but peanut butter isn't the most cooperative, so I will most likely have this awful stain on the crotch of my pants all day.

I really don't like the word crotch.

Tehe I've done this with avocado before :D

I'm not a huge fan of the word crotch either but as much as I dislike it it makes me giggle!

This reminds me.....I bought Wholly Guacamole today, single serve, spicy.....I have not tried it yet, but when I do, it is the first time ever.....I know to eat it with nacho chips, but do I also use salsa? Cheese dip? Anything else?? LOL

I am not a fan of Wholly Guacamole. I will eat it as it is definitely not the worst out there, but it is not the best either (I usually make my own). So if you don't like it that does not rule out you liking a different guacamole in the future I hope. :wink: The spicy is ok, probably it will be spicy enough but you can have a bit with guac, the next with salsa, and so on. My daughter's first solid food was guacamole at an authentic restaurant. She still loves it.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I dropped a big blog of peanut butter onto the crotch of my black pants. I tried to clean it off, but peanut butter isn't the most cooperative, so I will most likely have this awful stain on the crotch of my pants all day.

I really don't like the word crotch.

Tehe I've done this with avocado before :D

I'm not a huge fan of the word crotch either but as much as I dislike it it makes me giggle!

This reminds me.....I bought Wholly Guacamole today, single serve, spicy.....I have not tried it yet, but when I do, it is the first time ever.....I know to eat it with nacho chips, but do I also use salsa? Cheese dip? Anything else?? LOL

I am not a fan of Wholly Guacamole. I will eat it as it is definitely not the worst out there, but it is not the best either (I usually make my own). So if you don't like it that does not rule out you liking a different guacamole in the future I hope. :wink: The spicy is ok, probably it will be spicy enough but you can have a bit with guac, the next with salsa, and so on. My daughter's first solid food was guacamole at an authentic restaurant. She still loves it.

My dad makes homemade guacamole and I LOOOOVE it. I eat it with a spoon or I find a way to put it on EVERYTHING. It's a serious problem.
  • nonoelmo
    Options

I have used my body wash in my hair because I was THAT tired after finishing a 16 hour shift sleeping for 4 hours and hopping back to work for another 12 hours. I was halfway through the rinse before I realized what I had done.... But my hair survived and didn't act or smell too much out of the ordinary.

I very routinely use shampoo for body wash. I also only "wash" the root portion of my hair and figure that rinsing past the rest of my hair is enough of a wash most of the time (I don't use any styling aids usually.) I do use a lot of conditioner on my hair. It is also good for shaving cream for shaving legs in a pinch.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    OK, I actually have made it to page 1259!

Now, if you guys can kindly refrain from posting tomorrow, I should be good to go! Thanks!

Seriously though, if I can get a good chunk of time tomorrow and a couple hours Tuesday night, I might actually be able to catch up, even with the weekday rush around here!

It is now 1am, and I must sleep!!
  • nonoelmo
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I logged a glass of wine. (Rare for me to log) I weighed it too. I don't think I'm going to finish it but I am not going to delete the calories if I don't finish it.

ETA : I was far enough under my calories (100 calories under the "before exercise number" that if this was a typical day I'd make myself eat more to get up to that number. I ate until I was full and had four meals. However, I know that last Friday I legitimately ate almost two days worth of calories and I was HUNGRY all day. That is one reason I'm tracking for a week, to make sure I'm still "calibrated" overall. I hope that makes sense.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Back from vacation...can't sleep. Work is gonna suck tomorrow! I'm 1229 posts behind and I don't think I'm even going to try to catch up.

Whoever suggested we read "What She Left Behind" by Ellen Marie Wiseman, thanks! I read it today in four hours, couldn't put it down!
  • BodyByBex
    Options

I very routinely use shampoo for body wash. I also only "wash" the root portion of my hair and figure that rinsing past the rest of my hair is enough of a wash most of the time (I don't use any styling aids usually.) I do use a lot of conditioner on my hair. It is also good for shaving cream for shaving legs in a pinch.

Woman after my own heart right here. :heart:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Is it just me or does it feel REALLY good to have @Italian_Buju back?

Now for a few others.... :smirk:
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Home sweet home! I missed you all and hope you haven't forgotten me. It was just too busy too post although I did try and skim through a few pages every night before bed which incidentally was never before midnight.

We had a ball. Tubing, swimming, quadding. A bonfire every night and too much junk food but I did manage to get lots of steps in. My 2 SILs and I walked about 4 miles each morning before anyone got out of bed.

No one has seen me since Christmas and since then I have lost about 37 pounds so I got lots of compliments. One of my nephews didn't recognize me at first lol.

Well I am off to unpack but wanted to check in. I have lots I want to respond too. Maybe I will get to it later. I did want to quickly say glad you are back @Italian_Buju

I think the nephew not recognizing you is this week's NSV. Great job!

I second that! How fun!

Thsnks guys. It was pretty funny everyone burst out laughing. Poor guy was kind of embarrassed.
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Back from vacation...can't sleep. Work is gonna suck tomorrow! I'm 1229 posts behind and I don't think I'm even going to try to catch up.

Whoever suggested we read "What She Left Behind" by Ellen Marie Wiseman, thanks! I read it today in four hours, couldn't put it down!

Yay! Glad you liked it as much as I did.
  • riderfangal
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 –yay. I’m glad you can walk again and got to go out for a bit. Congrats on the loss.

@peleroja –I’m so happy that you are able to go on the trip. It sounds like it will be amazing. I’m weird but I would kind of hope to be the only people on the tour haha.

@orangesmartie –Congrats on the weight loss. 67 lbs is AMAZING! Hope things are going ok…

@quiksylver296 –I’m still jealous you are going to the Oregon coast if that makes you feel better.

How are things with you froggy?

I was doing okay but now I'm dealing with some really bad depression. I couldn't stop crying last night so I didn't sleep too well. It's my TOM so that doesn't help of course. :)

How are you?

((HUGS)) to you froggy, I'm glad you're here interacting with us, I know things are tough but it will get better- time heals all (I hated when people said that to me after I broke off my engagement when found out trashbag ex was cheating buuuut unfortunately it's true- time really does heal all)

Thank you. I was cleaning this weekend and found an old birthday card from him that said he was so lucky to have me and he wanted to be by my side forever etc. It just got to me really bad. We haven't decided anything for sure yet but I still haven't heard a thing from him since last Sunday (the 5th). I just want him to wake up...I love him and want to work it out but I can't do this alone obviously. I want the old him back.

Please everyone, don't judge me for this. It's been hard and I'm so torn. I don't know what I want right now.

I am not judging YOU, I am judging him.....that is some crap, even if it is over, after so many years, how can he go so long without at least checking in on you.....that is some seriously crap!

Plus 1
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Is it just me or does it feel REALLY good to have @Italian_Buju back?

Now for a few others.... :smirk:

Yes. It sure does!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    I drove 200 miles last night to end my relationships. I talked a lot. Couldn't bring myself to say the words. I didn't think it would be possible for my heart to be so broken again.

I know I am late on this but still wamted to give you big hugs!
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    I eat at or close to maintenance every single day and get so mad that I stay the same weight.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I eat at or close to maintenance every single day and get so mad that I stay the same weight.
    I hear ya.

What I do is I eat at my calorie goals for a couple days in the week and then a friend will want to go out or something and I go WAY over and then I get pissed off at myself when I stay the same weight.
    I KNOW what I'm doing wrong but I can't seem to stop myself sometimes.