Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Glad your eye is better @FluffySandwich !! You know yourself the best so if you think you're fine I bet you are!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Cool pillows!
    WOW. Talent!

Thanks, They even have zippers in them and I made them without patterns, I am one of those "eh, who needs a pattern, or guide" kind of people. LOL
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So I finished Survivor 30 last night and today I'm on 29 (I prefer it to the other Blood vs. Water because there are new people). Going to try to be a bit more productive today, though.

Were you happy with the winner of 30? :)
    YES! I was so happy :) Frankly I was pretty sure it was going to happen once it got down to those three... especially one of them in particular who didn't win a single challenge.

I figured..since yesterday when you posted that you liked him for being a beast in challenges and the underdog! He definitely deserved to win!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Thanks, everyone! It really is the most gorgeous piece of jewelry I own, that's for sure. I was bummed because it was supposed to come in a couple days before we left, but they never called...or so I thought.

I told Mr. Mo I was disappointed because I was hoping to have my ring before we left so I could show it to my brother (who we were lucky enough to get to see while down there). He said he was bummed too, but at least I'd have something to look forward to when we got home.

Unbeknownst to me, that little turd picked it up the Wednesday before we left, and snuck it in his carryon. On our anniversary, we decided to go to breakfast, then do some shopping on another key, then go seashell, and shark tooth hunting. While on the beach hunting, he got a little ahead of me lower on the beach looking for shells while I'm still working my way down the hill. He turns around and asks me, "So, what do you think of this little one?" In the palm of his hand was my ring. It was so cute and romantic. He told me every time I mentioned being bummed about not having my ring ahead of time, he laughed to himself. He's such a brat sometimes.

Gosh darn it! Where do @KylerJaye and I find one of these kinds of guys?! :tired_face:

I found him at work. I actually hit him with a steel door leaving after my shift was over. I was 18 at the time, and have been smitten ever since. Maybe Mr. Sexy Pants (I think that's how you referred to him) will be your guy.

I also met my boyfriend at work!!

Me, too! Except he's my husband now...

Count me in on that too - except it took us 22 years after we worked together to reconnect, fall in love and get married.

And my Mr. is perfect for me - and I'm just perfect for my Mr.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    That sewing machine! I want!

Mine is just a basic little Brother but it is pale pink - I can't claim responsibility for that though as it was my mother's before she decided she needed a fancier one.

I'm glad you all understand my feelings about frying food in the house. Soooo stinky. We don't have an exhaust fan over our stove either (or anywhere in the kitchen), so everything I cook lingers unless I open the windows. Not too practical in our minus 40 degree winters either as it's a recipe for a burst water pipe.

The smell of Saturday morning bacon haunts me all weekend, too, it's terrible.

So this doesn't help in the winter, but fry outside! I used to have a fry daddy that I could plug in, so I would plug it into the outdoor outlet and fry away. I'm debating setting up my camping stove outside the next time I do fried chicken to keep the fry smell outside, and I feel like that should work as well.

Re gross girls: I was an odd combination of total tomboy that loved to get dirty and rough house, but I would do it while wearing the most frilly dresses possible. My face and hair was always a super-mess though.

My daughters hair!.... I brush it constantly. Knotted up. I keep pushing her to be more SELF AWARE and start doing things for herself and without prompts. The struggle is real.

I will say I am quite proficient at simple braids though. I need to learn to french braid.

Yeah, I'm sure my hair embarrassed my parents. I would brush it sometimes, but it just would get crazy tangled anyway.

Mastering the braid will do wonders for you - I'm 33 and until I chopped all my hair off (pixie cut for the win!), my hair lived in a messy bun. I never really figured the hair thing out.

BTW - awesome on the amusement park NSV! I LOVE roller coasters.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I think my first-world-vacation-problems have just gotten even more first world, as I realize we can now use our extra vacation time for a week of hiking next month but I can't decide where. Last year we did a week in Jasper (northern Alberta Rockies) but now I'm torn between the southern stuff (Banff, Yoho, Waterton, Icefields, that kind of thing) or maybe doing interior British Columbia.

Not gonna lie though, this is exactly why we're not having kids for a long while yet, so we can take three vacations a year and change our plans on a whim...

Enjoy it while you can! My daughter is in daycare and son is in afterschool care. During the school year it is $840 per month and during the summer it is $1040 per month. Craziness!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm really not doing much work today. My excuse is that the other person in my office was supposed to be here for half a day before she went and saw clients but she forgot she had a medical appointment this morning and now her day is suddenly a full day out.

If I knew where she lives (her address is her parents where she doesn't live) I'd so totally have someone spy to see if she was home at 3 pm.

Sorry - just a little ticked. I needed to get some money into the bank today by close of business so thankfully I have a truck driver here I trust because I asked him to do it for me - bank card, pin and all.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Confession for the day. Every night my son and I go for a walk (well he drives his battery operated tractor and I try to keep up). Our route takes us by a convenience store and if he has been pretty good up until this point in the day we usually stop in and he gets some little treat. We now own like 15 mini yo-yos because that seems to be his pick. Last night he talked me into buying him a bag of hickory sticks, which I happen to love but haven't eaten for a very long time. So I open them for him and of course grab a handful. Yum crunchy salty goodness . We get home and he still has like half a bag left but doesn't want them. Dilemma right, cause I know I will eat them so.... I put them under his bed while he is in the bath because I know if I left them in the cupboard I would eat them after he was asleep. This way I know there is no possibility I will go into the bedroom after he is asleep to retrieve them and chance waking him up :)
  • riderfangal
    Options
    I think my first-world-vacation-problems have just gotten even more first world, as I realize we can now use our extra vacation time for a week of hiking next month but I can't decide where. Last year we did a week in Jasper (northern Alberta Rockies) but now I'm torn between the southern stuff (Banff, Yoho, Waterton, Icefields, that kind of thing) or maybe doing interior British Columbia.

Not gonna lie though, this is exactly why we're not having kids for a long while yet, so we can take three vacations a year and change our plans on a whim...

Enjoy it while you can! My daughter is in daycare and son is in afterschool care. During the school year it is $840 per month and during the summer it is $1040 per month. Craziness!

Day care is crazy. I just hate paying that bill every month
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of hickory sticks before, but the plan was genius!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Confession for the day. Every night my son and I go for a walk (well he drives his battery operated tractor and I try to keep up). Our route takes us by a convenience store and if he has been pretty good up until this point in the day we usually stop in and he gets some little treat. We now own like 15 mini yo-yos because that seems to be his pick. Last night he talked me into buying him a bag of hickory sticks, which I happen to love but haven't eaten for a very long time. So I open them for him and of course grab a handful. Yum crunchy salty goodness . We get home and he still has like half a bag left but doesn't want them. Dilemma right, cause I know I will eat them so.... I put them under his bed while he is in the bath because I know if I left them in the cupboard I would eat them after he was asleep. This way I know there is no possibility I will go into the bedroom after he is asleep to retrieve them and chance waking him up :)

I have thought about doing this very thing!!! I haven't actually gone through with it...but it is definitely a smart place to hide something because I won't go in there if he's sleeping. It wouldn't matter how much I wanted it, nope.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    @bkhamill Those pillows are lovely!! :) I wish I knew how to sew as well--it's not a skill that's popular in Oman because of the proliferation of cheap tailor shops available for stitching; almost everyone in the country wears custom-tailored clothes for this reason. When I was younger, I thought the idea of store-bought dresses was so weird... :p

I have a good friend from Oman, this must be why she has so many amazing clothes!

Probably. :) I can stitch a brand new dress for as little as 15 USD, or a full-length skirt and long blouse for about 30 USD. You also have your pick of hundreds of shops filled with yards and yards of inexpensive (or expensive, for really fancy dresses ;)) material to choose from. :)

I'm pretty sure her parents are considered upper class or rich in Oman, (not sure what terms they would use there) so she probably has all the expensive fabrics.
  • riderfangal
    Options
    I have never heard of hickory sticks before, but the plan was genius!

Well thank you. I was quite pleased my self haha
  • riderfangal
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

I have thought about doing this very thing!!! I haven't actually gone through with it...but it is definitely a smart place to hide something because I won't go in there if he's sleeping. It wouldn't matter how much I wanted it, nope.

It works. It really does :)
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I have two hours of work left, my head is pounding and I don't wana be here anymoreeee. *pouts*
    Confession: I am a like a 4 year old when I don't feel well. Whiny and everything.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Wow, everyone has been busy!
    I don't have time now to comment on all the posts I would like to, but I'm feeling pretty happy and wanted you to know that today I'm NORMAL! My weight hit 149.6, which puts my BMI at 24.9 = normal range.

Also, I read about the guy who just won the hot dog eating contest. How bad do you think the water weight would be after eating 17,600 calories and 48,360mg of sodium? (Eating contests are revolting, in my opinion.)
    http://www.si.com/more-sports/2015/07/04/nathans-hot-dog-eating-contest-matt-stonie-chestnut
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »

ETA: I "learned" to date in my 40's. I never "dated" like that before, I didn't know how to do it. It was so fun and cool (and scary) to discover so much about myself. I was always 100% myself and clear that I was looking for a good relationship. I did work hard on keeping good boundaries and only dating men who didn't raise red flags.

What are some red flags for people?
    The one's I really looked for:

Very angry/resentful toward someone (i.e., ex, mother, sibling, etc.) even if deserved it should not come out in date #1 or #2.

Pushing for "cuddles" or anything else very quickly.

Not understanding what an appropriate level of activity for a first or second date would be (i.e. writing a song for me after one email exchange, planning a weekend away in another state for a second date.)

Not having an appropriate job for his age (i.e. I am in the middle age dating pool, I want to date someone not support him financially.)

What other red flags come to mind?

Not letting me do things for myself e.g. insisting on ordering something for me instead of letting me order what I want and other weird signs of dominance.

Talking about their ex repeatedly in anyway. Glowing terms can be just as bad as negative ones. My ex girlfriend was so good to me she'd drop everything to make me my favorite dinner and then she'd clean up the entire kitchen.

Treating staff where ever you go badly. I think you can tell a lot about a person by how they treat people who're waiting on them.

Calling too much (I had one guy literally calling me over 30 times in one day) or too little (if you haven't heard from them in a month they're not really interested).

I agree with these and the others listed earlier. Good stuff

I would also add

If you are a mom the guy wanting to be insta-dad. I vaguely mentioned my kids in my profile and more than one man in the first email offered to help raise them. No thank you.

The player who is almost seems like relationship material but fails. He comes so close and is charming and good looking and rich. And them you realize he's flakey as heck. And his almost commitments are insincere and then he tells you he's been divorced twice not just once and was with wife #2 while still with wife #1. And then you let him know no more. You will not be going out with him again.

No projects. He is not there to fix or improve you. You are not there to fix or improve him.

You have to like each other as people and be interested in who that person is. That means no projecting. One man kept trying to put words into my mouth about what I liked and what I did for fun.

Where was this advice when I was dating? You should teach a class! All the single ladies, looking for someone, in this thread should start taking notes!!
    Develop your passive aggressive detection radar. (Speaking from experience)

I really agree with how does he treat people who are in the service industry. Kindness and human decency are priorities to me.

How does he treat animals?

BIG red flag - is he always the victim and life is not fair and it is always someone else's fault. RUN!!!

I probably shouldn't say this, but this is one of my biggest struggles with my bf, maybe not to that extent, but there's always someone to blame (often me) and things never just happen and are unfortunate, which tends to be more my outlook. I always say as an example, if I left something out and he tripped, would be my fault for leaving it there. Vice versa would be my fault for not looking where I was going.

Edited because I didn't think it was clear.

Obviously you know if the whole package is a good thing, but this bit makes me nervous with my dirty lenses. This was the case with my ex and things just got worse and worse over time, and eventually really eroded my self-esteem. Good thing I was never isolated, so I had outside checks on my capabilities and strengths and realized that I was not worthless and divorced him.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    So, we didn't get to go for our morning walk this morning because I blew out the tire on the jogging stroller again (I've worn through 7 tires in the last 1.5 years!) during yesterday's afternoon walk. We went to the bike shop and bought our new tire this morning with plans to go this afternoon but it's hot and super humid today and I don't want to go! I'm going to make myself suck it up and go once my son gets up from nap. I know I'll be melting by the time we get home but I'll be mad if we skip both walks today.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Wow, everyone has been busy!
    I don't have time now to comment on all the posts I would like to, but I'm feeling pretty happy and wanted you to know that today I'm NORMAL! My weight hit 149.6, which puts my BMI at 24.9 = normal range.

Also, I read about the guy who just won the hot dog eating contest. How bad do you think the water weight would be after eating 17,600 calories and 48,360mg of sodium? (Eating contests are revolting, in my opinion.)
    http://www.si.com/more-sports/2015/07/04/nathans-hot-dog-eating-contest-matt-stonie-chestnut
    CONGRATULATIONS! Huge accomplishment and I'm proud of you!

And yeah.... I'm sure that guy woke up sick and extremely bloated. That's something I wouldn't dare attempt... I once forced myself to finish a large poutine (after already eating dinner... I was trying to be polite) and I had to fight SO HARD not to throw up and I think poutine is ruined for me. Now I realize what a stupid idiot I was being :lol: .

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Popping in to say- sweet pickles are disgusting! Why anyone would choose to desecrate tuna or anything else with sweet pickles or sweet pickle relish baffles me! :p

Also, I have small feet, can't stand the way my toes look so rarely wear open toed shoes. I also have a dear husband who doesn't want to buy anything that is made in China, so shoe shopping is not one of my favorite things to do. :(

I am so jealous of all the vacation talk. I haven't had a real vacation since I stopped teaching 4 years ago. I am in the process of buying a new car, which means I won't be taking any real vacations anytime soon either. (I am a contractor, so I don't get any paid time off.)

Sending out virtual hugs to all who need them!
    If your feet are size 5 or smaller pm me. I special order shoes made in Columbia.

5 1/2 to 6 1/2 depending on the shoe...