Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Beware, this is long - and remember you did ask!

To be honest, I am struggling with where I go from here. I love both of them very much, but he has totally devastated me with these things, after 3 years together.

Obviously this is a condensed version, but I don’t know what else to say.

Our situations are very different obviously but I can sympathize with him withdrawing from you. That is so hard to deal with and it does hurt a lot.

That is what my boyfriend said to me as well. He told me every time we get in an argument he withdraws more from me and our relationship because he doesn't know how to handle things. He doesn't seem to understand that you can't just withdraw and run away when things are bad. He needs a lot of work on communicating. The last time we talked on Sunday he told me that he needs to find his heart again. We have a lot of issues to work on but I really want to make things work. I love him so much as well. I am not going to contact him back though. I figured if he wants to be with me, he will work on himself and know what he has lost.

I am SO sorry that you are going through these hard times. I wish that I could help you and get him to see how important you are to him and the whole relationship. I really hope that you all can figure out how to fix everything. (HUGS)

@orangesmartie This is what I really want to say to you (((hugs))) & (((hugs))) to @froggybug too. I hope both of you get exactly what you want and need because you deserve it!

I am hoping the same for both of you.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    My 20 year old boy got his "proposed treatment plan" from the dentist. I don't think there's a tooth that doesn't need something. We're talking about $15k worth of dental work. I don't have any words. I want to throttle him.

Wow! I was sharing with my 7 year old that I knew some people with kids who didn't brush their teeth when they were his age and now their teeth are ruined. He was mortified and brushed extra well last night and this morning!

Yay! I'm glad my boy's ignorance could scare your boy into submission! LOL

I'm going to cancel his 21st birthday trip, I think. And, make him pay for at least half. I mean, the boy is almost 21, not in school, lives with me and doesn't even pay rent. Either that, or he can have them all pulled and get dentures.

Good idea! I don't have kids but I know my parents would've made me pay rent if I hadn't moved out on my own!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    So I finished Survivor 30 last night and today I'm on 29 (I prefer it to the other Blood vs. Water because there are new people). Going to try to be a bit more productive today, though.

Were you happy with the winner of 30? :)
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    I've never been a fan of pickles. I can't imagine them fried. :s

Blasphemy! However, to be helpful I will have all your dill pickles. The sweet pickles can go die in a fire though.

Amen to that! I hate when I grab a pickle, pop it in my mouth, and then find out it is a sweet pickle. Gag.

Another hater on sweet pickles here :s just can't do it

Count me in too. Yuck!!!

Agreed, sweet relish and sweet pickles are NASTY. :s My sister loves relish, though. To the one who mentioned it (I don't recall who it was), I make egg salad and tuna salad perfectly well without that terrible ingredient. ;) It tastes much better that way. :p

i love dill pickles and dill relish on hot dogs!
    when i make a tuna sandwich i do mix the tuna with sweet relish. but only with sweet relish, mayo makes me gag. :s
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I'll keep my fingers crossed you're able to get a chair exactly like that, it's really stylish and that color of blue is so pretty! I agree if you need to use it at times then at least you will look good! :) And thanks for sharing the post about taking care of yourself first, I think a lot of times people forget about doing that <3
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    My 20 year old boy got his "proposed treatment plan" from the dentist. I don't think there's a tooth that doesn't need something. We're talking about $15k worth of dental work. I don't have any words. I want to throttle him.

Wow! I was sharing with my 7 year old that I knew some people with kids who didn't brush their teeth when they were his age and now their teeth are ruined. He was mortified and brushed extra well last night and this morning!

Yay! I'm glad my boy's ignorance could scare your boy into submission! LOL

I'm going to cancel his 21st birthday trip, I think. And, make him pay for at least half. I mean, the boy is almost 21, not in school, lives with me and doesn't even pay rent. Either that, or he can have them all pulled and get dentures.

Good idea! I don't have kids but I know my parents would've made me pay rent if I hadn't moved out on my own!

Yeah, I remember my brother living with my parents until he was 25 or 26. They didn't charge him rent (I don't think), but they did put him to work on the farm when he wasn't at work.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    I've never been a fan of pickles. I can't imagine them fried. :s

Blasphemy! However, to be helpful I will have all your dill pickles. The sweet pickles can go die in a fire though.

Amen to that! I hate when I grab a pickle, pop it in my mouth, and then find out it is a sweet pickle. Gag.

Another hater on sweet pickles here :s just can't do it

+me. I hate hate HATE them!

OMG, everybody can send the sweet pickles my way!! Eating them in my salad as I type! :)
  • kelly_c_77
    edited July 2015
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I
    Ugh...feeling like I'm going to cave in today and go redeem my free Blizzard from Dairy Queen...it expires in 3 days.

I would use it but that's just me. :) Just cut some calories each day to help with a deficit maybe?
    If I had a free blizzard coupon, it would have never got that close...unless it was 3 days away from expiring the day I got it :)
    Same. I signed up for the Marble Slab rewards program today and already plan on using the coupon they give you for signing up. :laugh:

Mmm We had marble slab in Texas...I make do with Cold Stone up here but it's not the same :(
    Where I live in Texas we actually have both!! Marble Slab and Cold Stone!
    Same here! I admit, I'm not the biggest Cold Stone fan though.

I've only gotten Cold Stone a few times. On my birthday a few weeks ago, I got the massive size (Gotta Love it) of the Cookie Doughn't You Want Some flavor and it was gooooood!!!! My husband's birthday is on Friday and I want to go get ice cream there after dinner just so I can get it again.
    Speaking of ice cream, I am most likely going to DQ for my blizzard (yes, I'm STILL talking about this) today. Not a lot of sleep usually equals bad choices AND it expires in 2 days AND it's going to be very humid today and I think I should eat ice cream to stay cool ;)
    I
    Ugh...feeling like I'm going to cave in today and go redeem my free Blizzard from Dairy Queen...it expires in 3 days.

I would use it but that's just me. :) Just cut some calories each day to help with a deficit maybe?
    If I had a free blizzard coupon, it would have never got that close...unless it was 3 days away from expiring the day I got it :)
    Same. I signed up for the Marble Slab rewards program today and already plan on using the coupon they give you for signing up. :laugh:

I have been so close to going since I got it 2 weeks ago. But I have waaaay overindulged many days already..
    Also, my husband is working a ton lately and never home which means it's me and my son...so 2 medium blizzards(it's buy one get one free) between the two of us means I'm eating 1.75 of the 2. Which is great except that I have to get myself under control with my sweets...and eating almost 2 whole blizzards doesn't exactly fall into that category.
    I hear ya with sweets control. I went back to finish logging my weekend and I probably ate more sweets than anything on Sunday and probably would have on Saturday had it not been for the pizza. :/

Mmmm...pizza....

Worst case, you get the two, put a lid on one, split the other with your son and the other goes in the freezer for later!!!

Sounds great in theory...but I could never do that. :(

ETA: My sweets struggle is real...which is why I'm having such a hard time with the idea of going to get the stupidly delicious Blizzards in the first place! :(
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Thinking of foregoing my planned meals to eat Ramen noodles and Pop Tarts at work today.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Thinking of foregoing my planned meals to eat Ramen noodles and Pop Tarts at work today.

I don't see the problem! :p
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

People were talking about Ramen noodles the other day and now I'm craving them. I haven't eaten them since I was pregnant with my son 8 years ago. And no, I'm not pregnant! The factory is closed!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Stupid pic won't post

Ha! Got it!!!

Ouch!

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Stupid pic won't post

Ha! Got it!!!

Ouch!

Yeah, it's worse today. And I keep forgetting and touching or hitting it... :s
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Popping in to say- sweet pickles are disgusting! Why anyone would choose to desecrate tuna or anything else with sweet pickles or sweet pickle relish baffles me! :p

Also, I have small feet, can't stand the way my toes look so rarely wear open toed shoes. I also have a dear husband who doesn't want to buy anything that is made in China, so shoe shopping is not one of my favorite things to do. :(

I am so jealous of all the vacation talk. I haven't had a real vacation since I stopped teaching 4 years ago. I am in the process of buying a new car, which means I won't be taking any real vacations anytime soon either. (I am a contractor, so I don't get any paid time off.)

Sending out virtual hugs to all who need them!

ETA: @MoHousdon Beautiful ring and beautiful story, sounds like something my DH would do!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Thanks, everyone! It really is the most gorgeous piece of jewelry I own, that's for sure. I was bummed because it was supposed to come in a couple days before we left, but they never called...or so I thought.

I told Mr. Mo I was disappointed because I was hoping to have my ring before we left so I could show it to my brother (who we were lucky enough to get to see while down there). He said he was bummed too, but at least I'd have something to look forward to when we got home.

Unbeknownst to me, that little turd picked it up the Wednesday before we left, and snuck it in his carryon. On our anniversary, we decided to go to breakfast, then do some shopping on another key, then go seashell, and shark tooth hunting. While on the beach hunting, he got a little ahead of me lower on the beach looking for shells while I'm still working my way down the hill. He turns around and asks me, "So, what do you think of this little one?" In the palm of his hand was my ring. It was so cute and romantic. He told me every time I mentioned being bummed about not having my ring ahead of time, he laughed to himself. He's such a brat sometimes.

I want your extra calories and your husband. I am seriously breaking one of the 10 commandments.

Are you coveting my husband's @ss? :wink: Sorry, I couldn't help it. He is a pretty wonderful man. God truly blessed with him and his stinky behind.

Also, if you read my diary yesterday, I didn't have extra calories to share, I actually had to borrow some from the day before. Whoops.

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    My hair tangles so easily. When I was little I would sometimes have tantrums when my mom tried to brush out the knots. I remember going to school once with a huge rat's nest in my hair, and another time (kindergarden) where I screamed and kicked the wall so much that my mom gave up, slapped a bow on my head, and sent me to my school's picture day with a huge mass of tangles. My teacher tried her hardest to comb out my hair before I got my picture taken, but she couldn't do it... so I have that picture as proof that I could be difficult.

Wish I could see that. It sounds hilarious. :)

I love looking at my old 80's school pictures in general. They are so awesome with the lasers etc in the back. So many of them look terrible. I could tell I never really trusted the person taking the picture.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I'm being spoiled. ;)

You should be spoiled. :)

• KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ok, i just read this article and i honestly hadn't heard of any of these new medications. has anyone else read this/heard about them? thoughts?

also, i've been out of school for a few years, but unless numbers have changed their meaning, i don't see the massive, life changing benefit of a 5% weight loss. if you're 400lbs, that's only 20lbs, right? (ok, i'm going to feel really dumb if i am wrong :p ). which don't get me wrong, i think a 20lb weight loss at any size is great, but for 5%, is medication really the ONLY option?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/08/health/no-magic-weight-loss-pill-saxenda/index.html

*eta: i also don't think breast cancer is a manageable "side effect"
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Popping in to say- sweet pickles are disgusting! Why anyone would choose to desecrate tuna or anything else with sweet pickles or sweet pickle relish baffles me! :p

Also, I have small feet, can't stand the way my toes look so rarely wear open toed shoes. I also have a dear husband who doesn't want to buy anything that is made in China, so shoe shopping is not one of my favorite things to do. :(

I am so jealous of all the vacation talk. I haven't had a real vacation since I stopped teaching 4 years ago. I am in the process of buying a new car, which means I won't be taking any real vacations anytime soon either. (I am a contractor, so I don't get any paid time off.)

Sending out virtual hugs to all who need them!
    If your feet are size 5 or smaller pm me. I special order shoes made in Columbia.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    What's with all the sweet pickle hate? I love ALL the pickles. More for me, tra la la!
    SERIOUSLY! I can't believe all the hate!