Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I've never been a fan of pickles. I can't imagine them fried. :s

Blasphemy! However, to be helpful I will have all your dill pickles. The sweet pickles can go die in a fire though.

Uhhhh....NO! Dill pickles are fine...and I love fried pickles. But I seriously LOVE sweet pickles!!! I put 3 in my salad every day for lunch and again for dinner. For my salad dressing, I also use the sweet pickle juice instead of vinegar when I'm at the end of the jar (I usually use vinegar, Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning, and a bit of hot sauce). I have also just recently started putting sweet pickle relish over my salads as a yummy topping! Sweet pickles all day long, forever.

Okay! I amend my previous statement to sweet pickles can go die in the acid bath of your tummy. ;)You can have all of them.

Every single one. Because I don't like the sweet one's either. And sweet relish can be thrown in a volcano and sacrificed to the dill relish god!

What do you put in tuna and egg salad? You can NOT make those without sweet pickles!

Oh, yes, I can!!! I actually like pepperoncinis in my tuna. Mmmmm, that's super yum.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @m1xm0d3 If I recall correctly (b/c I don't always make a mental note of such things) I think I'm heading toward your neck of the woods tomorrow. SO is doing Triple Bypass. I am not. I am visiting friends and cousins and chilling in a cabin. We are headed to Evergreen - Road trip time!! :smiley:

ETA for those who don't know, Triple Bypass is a bike ride for people who like climbing. It is 120 miles, three mountains, 10,000 (or so) feet of climbing.

I am in Virginia but I looked in to that ride and it sounds amazingly brutal! Best wishes to his ride!

So then I had to look up the race, @nonoelmo, you were thinking of @xMrBunglex. He's the bike rider from Colorado. Although haven't seen him around here in awhile.

He said it is a busy time at work and he can't keep up, but still sometimes posts in the big brother thread in the batcave. Which I read even though I a) don't live in America and b) don't even watch the British version, because OCD (not trying to make light @Italian_Buju, but I genuinely am compelled to read it even though I have zero interest because I don't like having a thread in the group that shows new posts)
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Thanks, everyone! It really is the most gorgeous piece of jewelry I own, that's for sure. I was bummed because it was supposed to come in a couple days before we left, but they never called...or so I thought.

I told Mr. Mo I was disappointed because I was hoping to have my ring before we left so I could show it to my brother (who we were lucky enough to get to see while down there). He said he was bummed too, but at least I'd have something to look forward to when we got home.

Unbeknownst to me, that little turd picked it up the Wednesday before we left, and snuck it in his carryon. On our anniversary, we decided to go to breakfast, then do some shopping on another key, then go seashell, and shark tooth hunting. While on the beach hunting, he got a little ahead of me lower on the beach looking for shells while I'm still working my way down the hill. He turns around and asks me, "So, what do you think of this little one?" In the palm of his hand was my ring. It was so cute and romantic. He told me every time I mentioned being bummed about not having my ring ahead of time, he laughed to himself. He's such a brat sometimes.

Gosh darn it! Where do @KylerJaye and I find one of these kinds of guys?! :tired_face:

LOL! seriously!!! :D
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    What's with all the sweet pickle hate? I love ALL the pickles. More for me, tra la la!

I am in this camp. I like dill, bread & butter, sweet gherkin and all relish.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    ... what is the batcave? Pretty much the only threads I ever go to are this one and the monthly cycling thread.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Thanks, everyone! It really is the most gorgeous piece of jewelry I own, that's for sure. I was bummed because it was supposed to come in a couple days before we left, but they never called...or so I thought.

I told Mr. Mo I was disappointed because I was hoping to have my ring before we left so I could show it to my brother (who we were lucky enough to get to see while down there). He said he was bummed too, but at least I'd have something to look forward to when we got home.

Unbeknownst to me, that little turd picked it up the Wednesday before we left, and snuck it in his carryon. On our anniversary, we decided to go to breakfast, then do some shopping on another key, then go seashell, and shark tooth hunting. While on the beach hunting, he got a little ahead of me lower on the beach looking for shells while I'm still working my way down the hill. He turns around and asks me, "So, what do you think of this little one?" In the palm of his hand was my ring. It was so cute and romantic. He told me every time I mentioned being bummed about not having my ring ahead of time, he laughed to himself. He's such a brat sometimes.

Gosh darn it! Where do @KylerJaye and I find one of these kinds of guys?! :tired_face:

LOL! seriously!!! :D

Ashland, VA.

*snicker*

:sunglasses:
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

Blasphemy! However, to be helpful I will have all your dill pickles. The sweet pickles can go die in a fire though.

Uhhhh....NO! Dill pickles are fine...and I love fried pickles. But I seriously LOVE sweet pickles!!! I put 3 in my salad every day for lunch and again for dinner. For my salad dressing, I also use the sweet pickle juice instead of vinegar when I'm at the end of the jar (I usually use vinegar, Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning, and a bit of hot sauce). I have also just recently started putting sweet pickle relish over my salads as a yummy topping! Sweet pickles all day long, forever.

Okay! I amend my previous statement to sweet pickles can go die in the acid bath of your tummy. ;)You can have all of them.

Every single one. Because I don't like the sweet one's either. And sweet relish can be thrown in a volcano and sacrificed to the dill relish god!

What do you put in tuna and egg salad? You can NOT make those without sweet pickles!

I use dill!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Beware, this is long - and remember you did ask!

To be honest, I am struggling with where I go from here. I love both of them very much, but he has totally devastated me with these things, after 3 years together.

Obviously this is a condensed version, but I don’t know what else to say.

Our situations are very different obviously but I can sympathize with him withdrawing from you. That is so hard to deal with and it does hurt a lot.

That is what my boyfriend said to me as well. He told me every time we get in an argument he withdraws more from me and our relationship because he doesn't know how to handle things. He doesn't seem to understand that you can't just withdraw and run away when things are bad. He needs a lot of work on communicating. The last time we talked on Sunday he told me that he needs to find his heart again. We have a lot of issues to work on but I really want to make things work. I love him so much as well. I am not going to contact him back though. I figured if he wants to be with me, he will work on himself and know what he has lost.

I am SO sorry that you are going through these hard times. I wish that I could help you and get him to see how important you are to him and the whole relationship. I really hope that you all can figure out how to fix everything. (HUGS)

@orangesmartie This is what I really want to say to you (((hugs))) & (((hugs))) to @froggybug too. I hope both of you get exactly what you want and need because you deserve it!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    ... what is the batcave? Pretty much the only threads I ever go to are this one and the monthly cycling thread.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106593-confession-is-good-for-the-soul

Our beloved batcave.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

You haven't been to the Batcave? Messaging you the link!
  • m1xm0d3
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Confession... 2 days later I am STILL working off the weight gained from the weekend. If all goes well I will see a loss that I can record, tomorrow.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    @orangesmartie Sorry to hear about your relationships, but thanks for sharing with us. I'm a few pages late, but I wanted to let you know that I'll keep thinking about you and hoping for the best outcome for you.

@Susieq_1994 Glad you checked in. Keep resting, and hopefully you'll be back soon. Glad to hear about the wheelchair that will help. Thinking about you, too.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    I have been relocated to my second location of the day! Which is to say that I'm now stuck on the couch instead of in my bed, but hey, I've got my laptop now! :p Here's a blurryish picture of the sample sport wheelchair that I might be getting:

c7jxtu9n0hvr.jpg

...I love that shade of blue. :)
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Anyone read about the new skinny Oreos? Thoughts? Joy? Outrage?
    (Warning: It's Jezebel, so swearage)
    http://jezebel.com/oreo-thins-promote-unrealistic-standards-for-oreos-1716047232

Eww! Less filling? The filling is the best part! I would buy a jar of that stuff.

Sounds like the next million dollar idea. Let's get on that.

They used to have a squeeze bottle of Oreo filling at a frozen yogurt place around here. It has since closed down. :(
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    This is a picture I found yesterday that really hit home for me. I thought many others who are struggling here with all kinds of things might appreciate it as well:

7itx5hgik7v8.jpg
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

Oh, yes, I can!!! I actually like pepperoncinis in my tuna. Mmmmm, that's super yum.

I like to use banana peppers!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

ETA: I "learned" to date in my 40's. I never "dated" like that before, I didn't know how to do it. It was so fun and cool (and scary) to discover so much about myself. I was always 100% myself and clear that I was looking for a good relationship. I did work hard on keeping good boundaries and only dating men who didn't raise red flags.

What are some red flags for people?
    The one's I really looked for:

Very angry/resentful toward someone (i.e., ex, mother, sibling, etc.) even if deserved it should not come out in date #1 or #2.

Pushing for "cuddles" or anything else very quickly.

Not understanding what an appropriate level of activity for a first or second date would be (i.e. writing a song for me after one email exchange, planning a weekend away in another state for a second date.)

Not having an appropriate job for his age (i.e. I am in the middle age dating pool, I want to date someone not support him financially.)

What other red flags come to mind?

Not letting me do things for myself e.g. insisting on ordering something for me instead of letting me order what I want and other weird signs of dominance.

Talking about their ex repeatedly in anyway. Glowing terms can be just as bad as negative ones. My ex girlfriend was so good to me she'd drop everything to make me my favorite dinner and then she'd clean up the entire kitchen.

Treating staff where ever you go badly. I think you can tell a lot about a person by how they treat people who're waiting on them.

Calling too much (I had one guy literally calling me over 30 times in one day) or too little (if you haven't heard from them in a month they're not really interested).

I agree with these and the others listed earlier. Good stuff

I would also add

If you are a mom the guy wanting to be insta-dad. I vaguely mentioned my kids in my profile and more than one man in the first email offered to help raise them. No thank you.

The player who is almost seems like relationship material but fails. He comes so close and is charming and good looking and rich. And them you realize he's flakey as heck. And his almost commitments are insincere and then he tells you he's been divorced twice not just once and was with wife #2 while still with wife #1. And then you let him know no more. You will not be going out with him again.

No projects. He is not there to fix or improve you. You are not there to fix or improve him.

You have to like each other as people and be interested in who that person is. That means no projecting. One man kept trying to put words into my mouth about what I liked and what I did for fun.

Where was this advice when I was dating? You should teach a class! All the single ladies, looking for someone, in this thread should start taking notes!!
    Develop your passive aggressive detection radar. (Speaking from experience)

I really agree with how does he treat people who are in the service industry. Kindness and human decency are priorities to me.

How does he treat animals?

BIG red flag - is he always the victim and life is not fair and it is always someone else's fault. RUN!!!

I probably shouldn't say this, but this is one of my biggest struggles with my bf, maybe not to that extent, but there's always someone to blame (often me) and things never just happen and are unfortunate, which tends to be more my outlook. I always say as an example, if I left something out and he tripped, would be my fault for leaving it there. Vice versa would be my fault for not looking where I was going.

Edited because I didn't think it was clear.

I will think about my answer. I'm not sure how to say or even what I want to say. I will say that this was my ex husband to a tee. It took me a very long time to catch on and realize the extent of it. By the last few years of our marriage it was intolerable but he would not change. 16 years, three jobs, three states and somehow the exact same unhappiness at work. It finally clicked that he was making / perceiving the situation because it was EXACTLY the same weird problem. If he bumped into me (standing still doing dishes) he'd tell me I should have watched out. I won't go into it more now but it just got worse and worse and worse.

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    My 20 year old boy got his "proposed treatment plan" from the dentist. I don't think there's a tooth that doesn't need something. We're talking about $15k worth of dental work. I don't have any words. I want to throttle him.

Wow! I was sharing with my 7 year old that I knew some people with kids who didn't brush their teeth when they were his age and now their teeth are ruined. He was mortified and brushed extra well last night and this morning!

Yay! I'm glad my boy's ignorance could scare your boy into submission! LOL

I'm going to cancel his 21st birthday trip, I think. And, make him pay for at least half. I mean, the boy is almost 21, not in school, lives with me and doesn't even pay rent. Either that, or he can have them all pulled and get dentures.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

ETA: I "learned" to date in my 40's. I never "dated" like that before, I didn't know how to do it. It was so fun and cool (and scary) to discover so much about myself. I was always 100% myself and clear that I was looking for a good relationship. I did work hard on keeping good boundaries and only dating men who didn't raise red flags.

What are some red flags for people?
    The one's I really looked for:

Very angry/resentful toward someone (i.e., ex, mother, sibling, etc.) even if deserved it should not come out in date #1 or #2.

Pushing for "cuddles" or anything else very quickly.

Not understanding what an appropriate level of activity for a first or second date would be (i.e. writing a song for me after one email exchange, planning a weekend away in another state for a second date.)

Not having an appropriate job for his age (i.e. I am in the middle age dating pool, I want to date someone not support him financially.)

What other red flags come to mind?

Not letting me do things for myself e.g. insisting on ordering something for me instead of letting me order what I want and other weird signs of dominance.

Talking about their ex repeatedly in anyway. Glowing terms can be just as bad as negative ones. My ex girlfriend was so good to me she'd drop everything to make me my favorite dinner and then she'd clean up the entire kitchen.

Treating staff where ever you go badly. I think you can tell a lot about a person by how they treat people who're waiting on them.

Calling too much (I had one guy literally calling me over 30 times in one day) or too little (if you haven't heard from them in a month they're not really interested).

I agree with these and the others listed earlier. Good stuff

I would also add

If you are a mom the guy wanting to be insta-dad. I vaguely mentioned my kids in my profile and more than one man in the first email offered to help raise them. No thank you.

The player who is almost seems like relationship material but fails. He comes so close and is charming and good looking and rich. And them you realize he's flakey as heck. And his almost commitments are insincere and then he tells you he's been divorced twice not just once and was with wife #2 while still with wife #1. And then you let him know no more. You will not be going out with him again.

No projects. He is not there to fix or improve you. You are not there to fix or improve him.

You have to like each other as people and be interested in who that person is. That means no projecting. One man kept trying to put words into my mouth about what I liked and what I did for fun.

Where was this advice when I was dating? You should teach a class! All the single ladies, looking for someone, in this thread should start taking notes!!

Oh, I am!! :wink:
  • m1xm0d3
    Options

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106593-confession-is-good-for-the-soul

Our beloved batcave.

You haven't been to the Batcave? Messaging you the link!

So 2 confessions threads? I HAS CONFUSION.