Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Kalici wrote: »
    freak4iron wrote: »
    Every time I weigh peanut butter for my shakes, anywhere between 30-50 grams *accidenty* falls onto the tip of my finger, then consequently jumps right into my mouth.... I've tried writting Jiffy about this problem, they still haven't got back to me.

With the amount of people who seem to have this problem you'd think that at the very least the major peanut butter brands would do something. It does make me a little paranoid though. Obviously, this shows that the peanut butter is evolving and will soon take over the world.

I think a,world where peanut butter rules would be awesome. Better than some of the alternatives I see today!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Anyone else love Orange is the New Black? My boyfriend and I are one episode away from finishing the third season. There's one character in particular that I hated in the first season (I think everyone did) and now I really like her and feel sorry for her. This show has great character development :lol:

LOOOOOOOOVE!! I hate Piper and I hate SoSo. I love Pennsatucky and Boo, they're two of my faves! I like Taystee too! I also like Red, Nicky, & Lorna! Love that show sooo much.

Ugh Piper drives me nuts :( I actually stopped watching after season 2 because Piper drove me crazy and I was rolling my eyes so much.

I kinda like Piper.....she is not my favorite, but I don't understand why everyone here seems to hate her....please enlighten me?
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited July 2015
    Anyone else love Orange is the New Black? My boyfriend and I are one episode away from finishing the third season. There's one character in particular that I hated in the first season (I think everyone did) and now I really like her and feel sorry for her. This show has great character development :lol:

I love this show! We are about half way through the third season. It takes us a while to finish a season because my SO is only here on the weekends and we usually can only watch one or two if we are lucky as we are so busy during that time!

I hate Pennsatucky, I think I talked about this earlier in the thread. I feel like all the characters have SOME redeeming qualities, except for her! I think she is just a total scumbag!

I really like Red, she is my favorite. Poussey is another one I really like. I also like Alex.

The scariest inmate is Lorna, by far.....she is on a totally other level of crazy than everyone else.....her backstory was insane!

ETA: I see now who you hated......
    Pennsatucky has been fully redeemed in my eyes. Definitely one of my favorite characters! I like Lorna as well... even though she is CRAZY, she's just so adorable and fun to watch. I love her accent.

LOOOOOOOOVE!! I hate Piper and I hate SoSo. I love Pennsatucky and Boo, they're two of my faves! I like Taystee too! I also like Red, Nicky, & Lorna! Love that show sooo much.

Ugh Piper drives me nuts :( I actually stopped watching after season 2 because Piper drove me crazy and I was rolling my eyes so much.

I kinda like Piper.....she is not my favorite, but I don't understand why everyone here seems to hate her....please enlighten me?
    I think she gets worse every season. I don't like the way she talks to people... her facial expressions annoy me and I feel like she can be really mean to people without realizing what it is she's implying. I also feel like she thinks herself better than anyone else in there.

EDIT: I just looked up ''Why I hate Piper'' on Google and found a fan theory stating that the reason why a lot of people hate Piper is because we can relate all of our flaws to hers.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I went on a field trip in the fifth grade and we stopped to get lunch at a restaurant. My friend ordered spaghetti and proceeded to just pour on LOTS of ketchup. I was horrified.
    At that age my nephew was famous for eating anything with ketchup on it. His friends like to remind him of the time he ate a piece of wood with ketchup! He's still an 'anything for a dare' type kid, even now at age 19. :#
    Yum... pieces of wood really hit the spot. When I was in Girl Scouts there was a girl in the group that would do anything for a dare. I liked to consider myself a daredevil, but she was dared to lick a cockroach that was crawling across the floor and SHE DID IT. I would not have dared to do that.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    @riderfangal I can totally get behind some retail therapy! Better than going home and eating lots of high caloried food! (in my opinion so not trying to offend anyone, I obviously can't stop feeding myself haha)

I HATE shopping, hate it! I feel like its all I do sometimes. Yesterday I needed new pants for work, so while out running my errands I stopped in my usual clothing store, and was in and out with two pairs of pants in ten minutes. When I have to spend time trying stuff on or looking for something in particular, it drives me mad, I wish everything I needed was just bagged at the counter and I could just go in and pay and get out, lol. Today I have to go grocery shopping, which is the bane of my existence......ugh.

Well...we know I love clothes shopping. I am a master at Marshalls. I am a machine. I can buzz through that place in 30 min and walk out with great stuff. But again. Grocery shopping. Ick. When I move to Saudi Arabia Susie is going to take care of it for me. :)

Double grocery runs for me! Yay! ;)
  • Oberon21
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 That is exciting news!! I hope it all works out for you!

@raelynnsmama52512 Best wishes that the financing will come through for you!
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 exciting. I hope it all works out well for you. That is a lot of moving pieces coming together. Best of luck in everything!

Thanks y'all! ❤️

Haven't found type original post yet but my brief app is over until l later so will add here best wishes and fingers crossed!
    @riderfangal I can totally get behind some retail therapy! Better than going home and eating lots of high caloried food! (in my opinion so not trying to offend anyone, I obviously can't stop feeding myself haha)

I HATE shopping, hate it! I feel like its all I do sometimes. Yesterday I needed new pants for work, so while out running my errands I stopped in my usual clothing store, and was in and out with two pairs of pants in ten minutes. When I have to spend time trying stuff on or looking for something in particular, it drives me mad, I wish everything I needed was just bagged at the counter and I could just go in and pay and get out, lol. Today I have to go grocery shopping, which is the bane of my existence......ugh.

Well...we know I love clothes shopping. I am a master at Marshalls. I am a machine. I can buzz through that place in 30 min and walk out with great stuff. But again. Grocery shopping. Ick. When I move to Saudi Arabia Susie is going to take care of it for me. :)

Double grocery runs for me! Yay! ;)

And double cooking. I think you would be horrified at how I eat out and that my cupboard is all canned soup and protein bars and that my refrigerator is empty. If I remember I'll post a pic tonight to show you!
  • Oberon21
    I went on a field trip in the fifth grade and we stopped to get lunch at a restaurant. My friend ordered spaghetti and proceeded to just pour on LOTS of ketchup. I was horrified.
    At that age my nephew was famous for eating anything with ketchup on it. His friends like to remind him of the time he ate a piece of wood with ketchup! He's still an 'anything for a dare' type kid, even now at age 19. :#
    Yum... pieces of wood really hit the spot. When I was in Girl Scouts there was a girl in the group that would do anything for a dare. I liked to consider myself a daredevil, but she was dared to lick a cockroach that was crawling across the floor and SHE DID IT. I would not have dared to do that.

Double gross. I can be dared to do a lot. Never that.
  • Oberon21
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512, congrats! I hope it all works out!
    @Italian_Buju, I love seeing your "500" posts!

Why did I wake up at 3:00am again? I really don't know...but it has to stop. I need to sleep.

Also, anyone know how water weight/sodium works....it seems 4 pounds is always the number for me. If we eat out at a restaurant or I have a "bad" eating day, it's always an extra 4 pounds the next day. Weird.

It's usually about 5 for me too. I know if I eat Chinese up 5 lbs I'll go. Takes about 2 days to get rid of. :(
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    edited July 2015
    @Italian_Buju Please come back we miss you!! I hope I didn't say anything that made you feel that way!!

THIS. I confess I strongly suspect it was me and I want to say I was just trying to offer a different perspective and I am know for plan speaking so I apologize. Please come back. I'll zip it. :( I promise.

It was not anyone in particular, I promise. If it was, I would have no problem saying it! I am quite known for being blunt myself (in case ya'll didn't notice!). I just got embarrassed about what I had posted, and then when I felt nobody could relate to either post, it turned into more like being mortified! It was not really what anyone said, it was more like I felt like I was alone in both those struggles and it made me feel 'outside' the group, so to speak.

PLEASE, everyone, do not think this was anything anyone here said! And please, POF, do NOT zip it!

On that note, I do not want to rehash this again, as I am already feeling uneasy just typing this, but just wanted to really get through that it was no one comment in particular or anything, it was just what I was feeling inside, which was embarrassed......

ETA: My laundry is finally done so I am hopping in the shower and off to do more shopping.....I won't be back for several hours this time, and wanted to make sure ya'll didn't think I ran away again. ;)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    @Susieq_1994 I'm so sorry :( I hope the flare is a short one and you get to feeling better soon :(

@orangesmartie That's such an awesome attitude! Today is a new day and it's going to be great! I am jealous- I want to go to Nashville! lol not sure about the running (I run like an arthritic tortoise) but the rest sounds awesome.

AFM, it was a whirlwind weekend. I have Insulin Resistance and I'm hypoglycemic. If I eat like I'm supposed to (very strict, controlled diet) I can maintain my weight. Eat less, and I'll lose. Eat a bit of sugar, I get sick for half a day. I'm not kidding, either- an entire chocolate chip cookie is enough to have me on the couch for a few hours :( I eat ice cream or gelato by 1 tbsp and that's it and I'll still feel weird after unless I down water. Can't really eat fruit, unless it's a couple berries. I've learned to adjust and it's hard to own a home bakery when I want to taste everything but I've learned not to. I also scaled back my business.

My mom was watching oldest DS for us on July 4th, so when we went to pick him up yesterday, we grilled chicken and vegs for her as a "thank you". She had made two desserts and basically guilt tripped me into eating a bite of each. A regular forkful sized bite of each. I still don't feel right. I'm so bloated my pants don't fit well, my stomach is heaving, and I have a pounding headache. I'm mad at myself for not sticking to my guns.

But...in great news, we were approved to adopt the dog! She's coming up here on Saturday!! SO excited! We got some supplies and DH is actually getting excited, too. Her foster mom keeps sending me pics and it's making me so anxious to see her!

Ugh, I hope you feel better! You would think your mom understands how bloated & sick you get from eating sugar.

Happy to hear that you were approved to adopt the dog.

What's funny is she's diabetic, so she should understand. Her dose of Metformin is too high though but she doesn't go get it changed, because it allows her to eat a LOT of fruits and sweets (to counteract the Metformin). I tell her she's the worst diabetic ever.

This made me cringe a bit.....that is a dangerous cycle. My mother was the worse diabetic ever also, and she lost her leg, had bad cateracts and heart failure. I know another girl that has only been diabetic ten years, and she does not take care of herself properly, and has lost all the toes on one foot (it was a miracle they could save the foot!), and is now going blind. I know another girl that eats junk like nobody's business and takes her meds when she wants, she had a MAJOR heart attack in her late 20's. Those girls are both T2's. In all seriousness, if you have the ability, I would tell her DR about that, so he can cut it back.
    My dad is a pretty bad diabetic. He pretty much eats the same portions as he used to, coke, fried cheese tacos (he eats this at least a few times a week), pan dulce, and food from whatever restaurant they went to. He even makes himself sick enough to throw up.

The family has tried to help him but he doesn't care.

Confession: I am getting seriously frustrated with the number of diabetics who neglect to realize that it is a serious condition that requires you to take action to obtain/maintain your health.
    This REALLY angers me because I know that later, when they lose a foot or their eyesight, they will complain and claim that 'the world' did this to them. When really they have done it to themselves by not taking better care of their bodies and making better choices.

I also feel badly about judging people like this but I just don't handle the whole 'woe is me' crap when it was within their power to change before things got really bad.

It's taken MONTHS but I finally have my sister taking better care of herself and making better diet choices. I am ashamed that I had to resort to some scare tactics but I love her and her life is at stake!
    The thing that really gets me is that I had a cousin around my age that lived with diabetes for most of her life and passed away when I was around 16 due to complications from it. HIS parents also passed away from health issues before I was even born.

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    My one morning a week to lie on and here I am, bright eyed and bushy tailed at 6.30. I'm not happy!!

I HATE when that happens!!

Ok folks, I have made it to 1228 this morning....and now I must go be productive again....

I have a friend bringing me two big boxes of peaches tonight for canning.....but I won't have time to can them until next Sunday....I am gonna store them in a fridge and hope for the best.....I told him I am gonna need twice the amount as last year, but not all at once, because canning peaches is a full day, two person job! Last year was my first year! And in the fall I did applesauce, which is a ton of work too, but one person can do it, and you get a long break in the middle while the sauce is cooking.....I am excited but a bit worried about them lastly that long in the fridge....wish me luck!

I am gonna read a couple more dozen pages tonight once I am done everything....my 'goal' is to be caught up a week from now, as I know it moves a lot faster in the week, and I am really busy this week!

Do you have time to pit, blanch and freeze them? That's what I would try to do if I had time. <3
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Guys, guys, guess what?! We went to Oakwood Homes today, just to see what they would say about us being able to buy a mobile home. Needless to say, we found a style we fell in love with, and the person we worked with sounded very optimistic that we would be able to get financing for it. I hope so, because we've worked really hard to fix some things on our credit to get to this point! He's sending in our paperwork on Monday and we should know something within 3-4 days of that. Not to mention, a good friend of the family may possibly let us rent a lot on his land (he used to have a mobile home park) for it! I'm excited, but I don't want to get too excited lol. :smile:
    Ooh, sounds promising! I really hope it works out for you!

Thanks! :)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    So, since today is national ice cream day, how are we celebrating? ;)

I should be eating some ice cream but since I had a binge on it a few days ago I am trying not to eat any for awhile until I can learn moderation again.

I did have a Yoplait Greek Whip 100 Coconut Macaroon that I stuck in the freezer for a few hours.

19752689642_6ddcab5ca3_o.jpg
  • CooCooPuff
    For national ice cream day, I finished off my cookie crunch Talenti and had some pistachio Talenti
  • Eve53
    Eve53 Posts: 178 Member
    Oh, are we not doing confessions anymore? I obsessively read like the first 20-something pages of this thread before I posted, so I didn't know it had been derailed, lol.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    May not be appropriate for @Susieq_1994!

Confession: I found out last night that a friend I used to work with has just been charged with second-degree murder of his wife, who has been missing since November. I'm having a hard time and am absolutely shocked, and still don't really believe it, even though the police quotes say he's been concealing the body at his home for the past 8 months. It just doesn't seem to compute at all against the person I remember.

This is just horrible. How do people do that? How do people not SMELL the decaying body?

They do smell it and they end up telling the police later that they felt bad for the guy or didn't really think anything of it because he is so nice! Like what happened with John Wayne Gacy.

Ahhh don't get me started on JWG!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorothea_Puente

This lady was an older serial killer & she basically had a room in her house that they dubbed the killing room. She would board people that had mental, drug, or other issues & then steal their social security. Whenever they would figure out what she was doing she would murder them & then have the other tenants basically do "yard work" which more or less was graves for bodies.

I've seen a few specials on her! She's been on a few different shows on the Investigation Discovery channel! People are insane!

Yes. And this may have come up before, but I love ID. It's my "home alone" channel because my husband thinks it's creepy. LOL

I love the ID Channel. My stepdad always tells my mom that she watches it so she can learn how to murder him. The one day I had it on & my dog was sitting there watching it & I couldn't help but think that she'll murder me in my sleep.

It would appear on an episode Cold Case Files: The Murderous Dog

I watch a lot of ID too....when I first got that channel about five years ago, I spent a lot of time watching several dozen episodes of "Deadly Woman". My kids started asking if I was plotting to murder them, lol. Between the amount of docs I watch on crime, and the fact that 98% of the books I read are true crime, if something creepy starts to happen around here, I am gonna have people watching me, lol. I always joke around that I am studying to become a serial killer :p

I have studied (for lack of a better term, as it is definitely more than a vague interest) serial killers for as long as I can remember. In grade 7, I did my speech on Charles Manson, and creeped my teacher out to the point that she called my parents in for a meeting :#

I am actually fascinated and to most (not all) am quite empathetic to most of them. Most people are not born evil, something makes them that way, and some of their childhoods, remind me somewhat of my own. It has always made me wonder why some people with that background end up like them, and some semi normal like me.

Haha! I had a customer come in the one day that looked like Charles Manson & I had to do a double take & then remind myself that he's in jail.

I agree that a lot of the people seem to have either broken homes, abandonment, mental illness, or some kind of abuse that happens at an early age.

It's scary how some of the serial killers can commit such brutal crimes & then blend into society so easily & not get caught for years.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Some of my relatives and friends of those relatives keep asking me how I'm losing weight. The same people will ask me multiple times. At first I thought it was because they just weren't remembering the information, now I'm starting to think it is because some of them don't believe me. I overheard one of them saying that it isn't that I've finally been correctly diagnosed and medicated no, it is because I've had the surgery. How I've managed to have that surgery and see them once a week without recovery time is a mystery!

I confess I really want to stop seeing these people and on the way out the door I'd like to slap a few of them. Not with a chair or anything too drastic. I also confess that while I have said I'm using a calorie counting site I have not told them it is this one. This is for me. They can sign up on their own, but I do not want to talk to them here as well. I sort of don't care if that makes me a jerk.

I am also tired of people asking me how I did it, signing up for the site, I friend them, and then they never log, don't weigh their food, never complete their diary and then tell me it doesn't work. Well guys, look at me... I lost 30 lbs. You say I look great. So...this does work. If you are honest and track religiously.

When customers ask me at work I always tell them using MFP, exercising a little bit, & the biggest thing for me is weighing my food on a food scale. I guess they want me to say that I snapped my fingers, stood on my head, did a back flip & the weight just melted off.
  • CooCooPuff
    Eve53 wrote: »
    Oh, are we not doing confessions anymore? I obsessively read like the first 20-something pages of this thread before I posted, so I didn't know it had been derailed, lol.
    People still confess, but it's also evolved into a nice thread where you can make some friends, get support, and let out what's been bothering you.

• Eve53
    Eve53 Posts: 178 Member
    Ok, I'll try to keep up. I got another confession though... I use mens shampoo/body wash at the gym because I can't find an all in one that is made for women, and don't want to be bothered with more than one bottle.

Also, I don't wear undies or a bra when I leave the gym because I don't want the trouble of trying to get them back on when I'm all spent from working out, lol.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Confessions are mixed thoughout. Welcome!!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Guys, guys, guess what?! We went to Oakwood Homes today, just to see what they would say about us being able to buy a mobile home. Needless to say, we found a style we fell in love with, and the person we worked with sounded very optimistic that we would be able to get financing for it. I hope so, because we've worked really hard to fix some things on our credit to get to this point! He's sending in our paperwork on Monday and we should know something within 3-4 days of that. Not to mention, a good friend of the family may possibly let us rent a lot on his land (he used to have a mobile home park) for it! I'm excited, but I don't want to get too excited lol. :smile:
    Fingers crossed for you!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    freak4iron wrote: »
    Every time I weigh peanut butter for my shakes, anywhere between 30-50 grams *accidenty* falls onto the tip of my finger, then consequently jumps right into my mouth.... I've tried writting Jiffy about this problem, they still haven't got back to me.

Maybe you should try another brand? Or better utensils? LOL
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I'm almost done with Survivor 29 and I am really upset by the final three. One of them I like ok (and I think for sure is going to win), the other two I never really liked... and the person I wanted to win got voted out in fourth place. ARGH. Hate it when that happens.

On another note, I keep hearing some weird sound coming from my kitchen and I'm not sure what it could be. I told my boyfriend our apartment must be haunted or something. It almost sounds like some water is splashing on the floor violently, but I can't find anything wrong. We recently had an ant infestation so maybe a big ant is making noise in our wall as revenge for our ant murder.

Creepy. I hope you can figure out what it is. If you do, let us know.

Back in about 2009 or 2010, we had a few months were my whole family was experiencing weird things (in different locations) that I've never been able to explain to this day. It was really weird... I felt like we were all haunted for a while too.
    I feel like I MIGHT be able to get some idea of an exact location if I always stand in the kitchen on the lookout, but sometimes these sounds are hours apart. Still going on today and they didn't happen before we went to Punta Cana. My boyfriend keeps saying that there might be a rat in the wall or something and I hope that's not the case.
    spamarie wrote: »
    Congrats @bkhamill !!!

I confess that I am only 21 years old and don't think I'm ready to have a baby by any means, but sometimes I have dreams that I am very pregnant or have an infant and wake up feeling strangely empty, confused, and sad. Any one else do this? Or did this?

I used to have those all the time in my early 20s. Now I actually am pregnant, my dreams have been completely devoid of anything baby-related. Funny how the brain works. I did dream my mattress was made of cheese the other night. I had to lie really still and evenly to avoid crumbling it!
    I heard that your dreams get extra crazy when you're pregnant. I love dreams and keep a dream diary on my computer. Last night I dreamed that I had something stuck in my teeth... and I finally managed to pull it out- a long string of spaghetti. Then more and more kept coming, so it turns out I had like 20 strings of spaghetti stuck in that spot between my teeth. It was kind of freaky for some reason.

When I was pregnant with my son I had a reoccurring dream that lasted all throughout. As some of you might recall, my father died suddenly when I was 15. I had a dream that he came to my place, and I was confused and told him I thought he was dead.

He would tell me that he did not die, that he just left because he did not think anyone wanted him here. I told him I did, and how desperately I missed him.

The middle is just random stuff, but it was the same every time.

Near the end of the dream we would go to a farmer's market and it would get really busy. I would start to lose track of him, and would find him and as I grabbed him all his teeth would fall out, and he would tell me that it was a mistake coming back, and then he would disappear into the crowd.

I had this dream at least two dozen times during my pregnancy, and each time would become more and more aware of what was going to happen, not at the beginning of the dream but as it went on. The last half dozen times or so I had it, I would end up in full out panic as soon as we got to the market because I knew what was about to happen. But I could never stop it. After I gave birth, I never had that dream again, but I remember it vividly.

Also, I was always as pregnant in the dream as I was in real life....that was odd, seeing as everything else was exactly the same each time.

He wanted to see your pregnancy. I dreamed about my mom all through all of my pregnancies with my boys. She was still living when my daughter was born. Now she visits when she wants me to check on dad or on of my brothers. :smile:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    I am a college student who recovered from anorexia over the last 2 years, but I'm really worried I may go too far again, even though I know I'm being healthy and have people to stay accountable to this time. That's probably the biggest confession. . .
    For a lighter one! I have become addicted to orange juice with raspberries in it <3

Congrats on recovery. Been there, you can do it
    Orange juice with raspberries. Hmm..that sounds interesting.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    So, since today is national ice cream day, how are we celebrating? ;)

I finished off a pint of pistachio gelato. And bought vanilla and waffle cone flavors for my family. <3

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,371 Member

One of my exes once made an attempt at cooking spaghetti for supper but discovered that we had no pasta sauce in the house... so he used ketchup instead.

(It was actually a passive-aggressive thing to "prove" he didn't know how to cook properly therefore I had to do it all)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    I had the exact thoughts about getting banana gunk on your hands :tongue:

Also, I grew up in South Carolina and I have never had a banana and mayo sandwich. Not only that, but it sounds disgusting to me! I already don't like mayonnaise that much, but maybe I'd like the sandwich. Who knows? I think it was Italian_Buju who mentioned eating tomato and peanut butter sandwiches. All kinds of combinations you'd never think to try out there.

Oh banana sandwiches are heavenly! I need one in my life here soon I do believe! Try it, it's better when there's not a lot of mayo, and it must be dukes mayo! ;)

I have never seen dukes mayo, guess it is an American thing. I am 100% team Miracle Whip over here! It is much more tangy than regular mayo!

Duke's is not an American thing; it's a Southern thing. (Meaning south of the US Mason-Dixon line, east of the Mississippi River, and excluding Florida because I used to mail it to my brother when he lived there. I have never looked for it in Louisiana, which is definitely part of the South, so they may have Duke's.)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    My one morning a week to lie on and here I am, bright eyed and bushy tailed at 6.30. I'm not happy!!

I HATE when that happens!!

Ok folks, I have made it to 1228 this morning....and now I must go be productive again....

I have a friend bringing me two big boxes of peaches tonight for canning.....but I won't have time to can them until next Sunday....I am gonna store them in a fridge and hope for the best.....I told him I am gonna need twice the amount as last year, but not all at once, because canning peaches is a full day, two person job! Last year was my first year! And in the fall I did applesauce, which is a ton of work too, but one person can do it, and you get a long break in the middle while the sauce is cooking.....I am excited but a bit worried about them lastly that long in the fridge....wish me luck!

I am gonna read a couple more dozen pages tonight once I am done everything....my 'goal' is to be caught up a week from now, as I know it moves a lot faster in the week, and I am really busy this week!

The peaches will be fine refrigerated. My mom did it every year. Have you ever made peach butter?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited July 2015
    Ok, I'll try to keep up. I got another confession though... I use mens shampoo/body wash at the gym because I can't find an all in one that is made for women, and don't want to be bothered with more than one bottle.

Also, I don't wear undies or a bra when I leave the gym because I don't want the trouble of trying to get them back on when I'm all spent from working out, lol.

I confess that this morning I got up at around 5:30 AM to get a shower & after putting Herbal Essence 2 in 1 in my hair I almost put body wash in my hair.

I also confess that some days I forget to wear deodorant to work.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. I have to admit that part of the frustration is that I'm really ticked off at myself for getting sick in the first place. I've had this disorder for the better part of three years, and living with a chronic disease long-term means you learn how to manage it well (as I'm sure @Italian_Buju can attest to) or you're doomed. I learned all the little nuances and whispers of my body and when to stop and take it easy. But after a six month respite from any sort of flares, I got overconfident and stopped paying attention.

In hindsight, as an ill person, I KNEW and still know that I'm not capable of 60 minutes of stationary bike PLUS 36 flights of stairs PLUS a one hour walk, especially not when I'm fasting, which makes me much more prone to weakness. But I did that TWO DAYS IN A ROW without even thinking about it. So this flare up is all my stupid fault, and I'm pretty mad at me. I'm also mad at my body for not being healthy, which is a common resentment I have that always comes to the fore when I get sick. Stupid body, stupid me, stupid everything. :angry:

Truest statement ever! You try not to let it run your life, but if you forget for a minute it is there, something will happen to remind you!

Exactly! I was sure you'd be able to relate to that. :)

I can relate to this with my celiac disease. Forgetting to ask a question at a new restaurant or not reading every label before I buy something can make me sick for days. :(