Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    This is long so don't expect people to read it - just need to get it out!

Like a lot of other posters here I am going through lots of life stresses at the moment and the last few days have felt very sad, numb and unmotivated. I am ever so slightly eating my feelings 'grief bacon' but am logging it all so I can see it in black and white. My confession today is that I am fed up with never feeling as though I am allowed to be stressed or upset. Work, home, health are all suffering at the moment, but I am just expected to suck it up. If one more person says to me 'it could be worse' I might scream. I am silently screaming and unfortunately the pain is beginning to show on my face. I know things could be worse, just doesn't mean that because someone somewhere has it worse than me that I just have to 'be fine' all the time.

Dealing with mixed emotions is so hard - so happy for friends and loved ones who have fantastic things happening, mixed with my grief and sadness for what I am secretly going through. Not wanting to see friends because I don't want to make them miserable mixed with worrying I am not being a good friend by seeing them and sharing in their joys. Or, worse, that I am making them feel guilty for being happy.

Feels better to 'get it out' but I am so sad at the moment and I just wonder when bad things will stop happening!

Your feelings are valid. What you are going through is real and it is difficult for you. We understand and I am sure we have all been there at some point. You ARE allowed to feel this way and you ARE allowed to vent.

Yup. This! Hugs to you.

Coastal (responding to the first post since I never saw it) I feel the same. I pretty much feel like I'm drowning. I'm expected to be the rock for everyone, and most of the time I stoically am. But times like right now, I just want to scream and cry and throw a fit. I want someone to comfort ME and no one is. I'm supposed to hold it together and do 1,000 different things well every day, without fail or exception.

I joke with people a lot that it sucks to be me, because I don't get a "down day", but it's true. I'm expected to be on point 24/7 and I'm struggling. I get the "count your blessings" and "it could be worse" a LOT. Yes, it could be. In the scheme of things, what bothers me could be construed as petty. It doesn't mean it hurts less or I'm less upset. I am grateful for what I have, but aren't I also allowed to be upset too?!

Warning- the below will make me sound like an ungrateful brat. I know this, but they are MY feelings. I'm working on processing them, but it takes time.

I found out on Saturday that good friends of ours (who have 2 boys about the same age as us) are wanting a 3rd. They want to try for a girl. They previously said they were done but the DH changed his mind. I went upstairs and cried. I have wanted 3 kids since I was little. DH said no, 2 was all he could take. He got a vasectomy last Nov so there will only be 2. I agreed because I don't believe in forcing someone to have more kids if they don't want to. I'm not the only one involved in the decision. DH also swore we could look into adopting, which helped ease my feelings about the V.

I have regretted it EVERY DAY since. When I see parents out with 3 or more kids, I'm envious. If one or more is a girl, I am so jealous. I want a daughter. I always have. I love my boys so much, but there is a part of me that will always hurt because I wanted a girl. Both times, the u/s tech told me they were girls and I was blissful for a few weeks until told they were boys. They will never know. I will NEVER tell them they aren't "enough" for me, because they are. I am grateful they are both here and healthy and I would NOT trade them for anything, but I feel a twinge every time I look at a girl or girl baby. DH has also now decided he doesn't want to adopt, so I feel a bit of a pang of "bait and switch" sometimes when I think about it. Mostly I want 3 kids, but not gonna lie, a girl would be awesome.

I feel so alone, because DH is d-o-n-e. 2 is enough for him, he doesn't remotely want a 3rd. Talking to him about it doesn't help, because he has a hard time sympathizing with me. Ok, so he joked around and said I could get a dog to "mother". I agreed. Now last night he is reneging and saying "well, we can get a dog when we get x, y, and z done around the house". This will literally be YEARS. He knows this. Bait and switch #2.

He also said I could look into getting a new car within the month. So I've been plotting out savings, trade-in value, etc. This past weekend he decided nope, my Jeep runs fine for now and maybe we'll think about it in 6 months. Bait and switch #3.

I'm frustrated, I'm sad, I feel like everything I want always comes last after everyone else, and yes I know this is all first world problems, but right now it's rough. On top of it, I'm dieting strictly, so I think I'm just in a funk and crabby from that too. It's the one thing I feel like I'm succeeding at, though, so I don't want to give it up. I have 10.5 lb to go. I'm SO close. I just want to accomplish Something, ya know?

*ok, sorry for the pathetic vent. Carry on*

I'm sorry, that must be tough.

Mr. Mo has wanted to have another kid pretty much since Rachael was born. I never wanted to have kids (didn't have the best childhood) when we got married, so having one was more than enough for me. Plus, I was in labor for 27 hours and still ended up having an emergency C-section. The thought of having to go through that again, was too much for me.

While we were on vacation, he asked me why we never had another kid because it makes him sad when he sees a family with a couple kids strolling down the beach or sitting together at a restaurant. I didn't really have a great answer besides the ones mentioned above, and I feel guilty for not having more of his babies (we make beautiful kids :smile: ). Now, we're both in our late 30's and as far as I'm concerned, that ship has sailed, especially with all the SD drama. But I still feel bad for him, but not bad enough to want to have another kid. :wink:

When I married my husband, I had one son and he had three daughters. We never thought of having kids and felt we had enough. I got a dog for our first anniversary; she was our kid ;) . Well fast forward a few years and surprise! at 39 I was pregnant. We weren't trying or trying to avoid it, just happened. I had her after I turned 40. I knew I was done after that, so got that factory shut down. You never know. We love her just as much as any of the others and don't regret a minute of it. After that, his oldest daughter, who is in her 20's, had a little girl about 15 months after we had Olivia. Crazy stuff.

I just turned 40 in March and the idea of dealing with a newborn again scares me to the very fiber of my soul...

Confession: I love my son, but I didn't love the newborn/baby stage all the much. The more independent he becomes, the more I like it.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    This is long so don't expect people to read it - just need to get it out!

Like a lot of other posters here I am going through lots of life stresses at the moment and the last few days have felt very sad, numb and unmotivated. I am ever so slightly eating my feelings 'grief bacon' but am logging it all so I can see it in black and white. My confession today is that I am fed up with never feeling as though I am allowed to be stressed or upset. Work, home, health are all suffering at the moment, but I am just expected to suck it up. If one more person says to me 'it could be worse' I might scream. I am silently screaming and unfortunately the pain is beginning to show on my face. I know things could be worse, just doesn't mean that because someone somewhere has it worse than me that I just have to 'be fine' all the time.

Dealing with mixed emotions is so hard - so happy for friends and loved ones who have fantastic things happening, mixed with my grief and sadness for what I am secretly going through. Not wanting to see friends because I don't want to make them miserable mixed with worrying I am not being a good friend by seeing them and sharing in their joys. Or, worse, that I am making them feel guilty for being happy.

Feels better to 'get it out' but I am so sad at the moment and I just wonder when bad things will stop happening!

Your feelings are valid. What you are going through is real and it is difficult for you. We understand and I am sure we have all been there at some point. You ARE allowed to feel this way and you ARE allowed to vent.

Yup. This! Hugs to you.

Coastal (responding to the first post since I never saw it) I feel the same. I pretty much feel like I'm drowning. I'm expected to be the rock for everyone, and most of the time I stoically am. But times like right now, I just want to scream and cry and throw a fit. I want someone to comfort ME and no one is. I'm supposed to hold it together and do 1,000 different things well every day, without fail or exception.

I joke with people a lot that it sucks to be me, because I don't get a "down day", but it's true. I'm expected to be on point 24/7 and I'm struggling. I get the "count your blessings" and "it could be worse" a LOT. Yes, it could be. In the scheme of things, what bothers me could be construed as petty. It doesn't mean it hurts less or I'm less upset. I am grateful for what I have, but aren't I also allowed to be upset too?!

Warning- the below will make me sound like an ungrateful brat. I know this, but they are MY feelings. I'm working on processing them, but it takes time.

I found out on Saturday that good friends of ours (who have 2 boys about the same age as us) are wanting a 3rd. They want to try for a girl. They previously said they were done but the DH changed his mind. I went upstairs and cried. I have wanted 3 kids since I was little. DH said no, 2 was all he could take. He got a vasectomy last Nov so there will only be 2. I agreed because I don't believe in forcing someone to have more kids if they don't want to. I'm not the only one involved in the decision. DH also swore we could look into adopting, which helped ease my feelings about the V.

I have regretted it EVERY DAY since. When I see parents out with 3 or more kids, I'm envious. If one or more is a girl, I am so jealous. I want a daughter. I always have. I love my boys so much, but there is a part of me that will always hurt because I wanted a girl. Both times, the u/s tech told me they were girls and I was blissful for a few weeks until told they were boys. They will never know. I will NEVER tell them they aren't "enough" for me, because they are. I am grateful they are both here and healthy and I would NOT trade them for anything, but I feel a twinge every time I look at a girl or girl baby. DH has also now decided he doesn't want to adopt, so I feel a bit of a pang of "bait and switch" sometimes when I think about it. Mostly I want 3 kids, but not gonna lie, a girl would be awesome.

I feel so alone, because DH is d-o-n-e. 2 is enough for him, he doesn't remotely want a 3rd. Talking to him about it doesn't help, because he has a hard time sympathizing with me. Ok, so he joked around and said I could get a dog to "mother". I agreed. Now last night he is reneging and saying "well, we can get a dog when we get x, y, and z done around the house". This will literally be YEARS. He knows this. Bait and switch #2.

He also said I could look into getting a new car within the month. So I've been plotting out savings, trade-in value, etc. This past weekend he decided nope, my Jeep runs fine for now and maybe we'll think about it in 6 months. Bait and switch #3.

I'm frustrated, I'm sad, I feel like everything I want always comes last after everyone else, and yes I know this is all first world problems, but right now it's rough. On top of it, I'm dieting strictly, so I think I'm just in a funk and crabby from that too. It's the one thing I feel like I'm succeeding at, though, so I don't want to give it up. I have 10.5 lb to go. I'm SO close. I just want to accomplish Something, ya know?

*ok, sorry for the pathetic vent. Carry on*

I'm sorry, that must be tough.

Mr. Mo has wanted to have another kid pretty much since Rachael was born. I never wanted to have kids (didn't have the best childhood) when we got married, so having one was more than enough for me. Plus, I was in labor for 27 hours and still ended up having an emergency C-section. The thought of having to go through that again, was too much for me.

While we were on vacation, he asked me why we never had another kid because it makes him sad when he sees a family with a couple kids strolling down the beach or sitting together at a restaurant. I didn't really have a great answer besides the ones mentioned above, and I feel guilty for not having more of his babies (we make beautiful kids :smile: ). Now, we're both in our late 30's and as far as I'm concerned, that ship has sailed, especially with all the SD drama. But I still feel bad for him, but not bad enough to want to have another kid. :wink:

When I married my husband, I had one son and he had three daughters. We never thought of having kids and felt we had enough. I got a dog for our first anniversary; she was our kid ;) . Well fast forward a few years and surprise! at 39 I was pregnant. We weren't trying or trying to avoid it, just happened. I had her after I turned 40. I knew I was done after that, so got that factory shut down. You never know. We love her just as much as any of the others and don't regret a minute of it. After that, his oldest daughter, who is in her 20's, had a little girl about 15 months after we had Olivia. Crazy stuff.
    I think that's it - families are whatever they are. That 'perfect' family strolling on the beach could have all kinds of issues that you don't know about. When I was a young mum wrangling three little kids, young women seemed to stop me all the time and ask how old they were and what I thought was the perfect age gap (they were obviously planning their dream weddings and ideal families!) I would always say "Whatever you get will work" because it will. One, two, three, more, none. All are great and you work with what you get.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I'm almost done with Survivor 29 and I am really upset by the final three. One of them I like ok (and I think for sure is going to win), the other two I never really liked... and the person I wanted to win got voted out in fourth place. ARGH. Hate it when that happens.

On another note, I keep hearing some weird sound coming from my kitchen and I'm not sure what it could be. I told my boyfriend our apartment must be haunted or something. It almost sounds like some water is splashing on the floor violently, but I can't find anything wrong. We recently had an ant infestation so maybe a big ant is making noise in our wall as revenge for our ant murder.

Creepy. I hope you can figure out what it is. If you do, let us know.

Back in about 2009 or 2010, we had a few months were my whole family was experiencing weird things (in different locations) that I've never been able to explain to this day. It was really weird... I felt like we were all haunted for a while too.

Had a whole post on this but it got eaten, so here's myCliffNotes:

*cue creepy music and/or men in white coats to take me away, whichever you prefer*

I like science so I rationalize/explain away a lot of things but in every home I've been in, since I was 10-12 (age when Puberty hit me hard), weird things happen. They happen so regularly that I now just shrug and deal with it.

Briefly:
    -Grandpa died in a nursing home for Alzheimer's patients. He was healthy as a horse just not in his right mind, Had a dream the night before he died that he was in a storm and scared but then white light took him up away from the storm. Next morning my mom called me and told me he got locked out of the home and was stuck in the yard all night and was coughing/sick (it rained). He died a week later.

-Saw things in just about every home I've been in.

-I had a miscarriage (I've had a few, actually, but I just never talk about them) and it was a pretty bad one, pain-wise. Was in bed watching TV and heard a giant bang (like shake the walls kind of bang) in the kitchen, went in the kitchen, nothing amiss except my keys were lying in the middle of the floor. Weird, they were in my purse, but k, gravity makes things fall. Put them back in, nothing happened. Took a really hot shower later in the day to help with the pain, nothing weird when I got in, when I came out in the mirror there was "Bb" in the steam (like that, capital B, lowercase b). Pretty faint though.

-We get footsteps running up and down our stairs. At night I'll be sitting in the living room armchair and hear little quick steps like my 3.5 yr old running going up/down the stairs right in front of me, so I'd see if it was DS. I still always check on him anyway. He's always asleep. I'm always the last one up, bc I don't sleep much.

-I get tappings on windows that follow me as I move around the house (I go in the living room, hear it in the kitchen. Go in the kitchen to check, hear it in the living room window right by the chair I always sit in). We have a floodlight right outside in both places and I never see anything. We had that in our old apartment, our previous house, and then the house we just moved to in April. k, fine, our house is from 1972 so older, but our last house was from 2012.

That's just some of it; it doesn't bother me anymore but it'll spook DH. Usually happens to me but he occasionally gets it too so he's stopped making fun of me about it.

I swear I'm not nuts, either (although crazy people never think they're crazy, so...) I always shrug it off, but after a while, you start to think there's something there.

and I have had it happen where I thought I saw something shadowy outside, turned out to be a squirrel running, etc. so I know the difference.
  • Tubbs216
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The current term at Hogwarts has just finished and new enrolments are starting now, for anyone who's interested:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10206199/hogwarts-weight-loss-challenge

eqbr6mfl7gp9.jpg
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    So confession time:

I've been closing my diary everyday while it looks good and then mindlessly stuffing extra food in my face that I don't want or need.

I've only lost 0.6 of a lb in 2 weeks so I know that has to stop.

I apologize to everyone who has been liking the diary of lies. The only goal I'm setting today is to honestly log everything I stuff in my face.

ETA: just posted that as my status too. I'm actually ashamed of myself.

You have nothing to be ashamed of! The fact that you recognized that it was becoming an issue for you and are now taking measures to get things back on track is the only important thing!! Hugs and Hugs!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    What's with all the sweet pickle hate? I love ALL the pickles. More for me, tra la la!

I love bread and butter pickles, but hate dill ones. I'm just not find of dill period.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »

ETA: I "learned" to date in my 40's. I never "dated" like that before, I didn't know how to do it. It was so fun and cool (and scary) to discover so much about myself. I was always 100% myself and clear that I was looking for a good relationship. I did work hard on keeping good boundaries and only dating men who didn't raise red flags.

What are some red flags for people?
    The one's I really looked for:

Very angry/resentful toward someone (i.e., ex, mother, sibling, etc.) even if deserved it should not come out in date #1 or #2.

Pushing for "cuddles" or anything else very quickly.

Not understanding what an appropriate level of activity for a first or second date would be (i.e. writing a song for me after one email exchange, planning a weekend away in another state for a second date.)

Not having an appropriate job for his age (i.e. I am in the middle age dating pool, I want to date someone not support him financially.)

What other red flags come to mind?

For me, a big one would be either consuming too much alcohol in my presence or having way too many "funny" stories about stupid things done while drunk.

And indications of financial irresponsibility (also middle aged here). Like I dated one guy who told me he'd once had his water turned off because he hadn't been able to pay his bill.

Oh gosh, yes. When I was a young single mom starting to date again, one guy kept me on the phone for 40 minutes telling me all about how he beat up some guy at a bar while drinking because that guy disrespected him. He acted like I was supposed to be impressed, but I was seriously turned off by that. I had a young child, I didn't want to date some guy who flies off the handle randomly in public.

yeah that would be really scary, i think, because how would you know what his drunken face considered "disrepectful?"

my drunken "funny" stories usually have something to do with me walking plankton to the gas station, making friends with an elderly woman that won a bunch of money on a scratch off and getting her to "sign the back! sign the back!" so no one could use the ticket but her. or making friends with another woman who MUST show me all the pics of her dogs on her phone. or walking plankton to the grocery store for crackers and coming out with four different type of oreos.

i think plankton is a bad influence. B)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I really appreciate all of you letting me vent here, even though i'm sure most of you are horrified at the situation and i'm not making it look any better ;) but it is helping me sort out my thoughts and feelings, without getting into that nasty internal negative spiral.

Not horrified! I actually find relationships with multiples, including polygamy, fascinating. It's not for me, but I've researched it quite a bit. The fact that I feel like I kind of know you and really want you guys to be able to work this out and be happy adds a whole new level to my education on the subject. I hope that isn't somehow offensive or insensitive. I'm team Mr Mrs & Ms Orangesmartie all the way!

Well said! I agree with this.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Okay, no one really took me up on our daily motivation, but I am going to go ahead and share progress anyway.

Steps: 19, 903 (vs. 25K goal) due to rain and help at barn, as I didn't do quite as much walking as I might normally due as I had help. +
    Never got to my run. I had forgotten my shoes so had clothes but no shoes at barn. So had to come home (kiss of death) and try to motivate myself. Well, after eating, and dealing with a washing machine mess (standing water due to clogged filter from washing bathroom mat that disintegrated) it was 10:00. I just couldn't get myself out then. +
    No alcohol +
    Did not work on dissertation. For the above reasons.

So not great. Today:

Flying to Dallas on a 6:40 flight (hence being up so early) for a meeting. So... this is really going to be a challenge but going to try to:

Walk 10K
    Run 1 hour
    Work in dissertation (I will use the plane trip to read some articles I have lined up for my literature review)
    No alcohol (this will also be challenging as I am going out with some of my team for 'drinks' as I am in Dallas and we don't see each other much.

So...on 3 hours sleep off I go. I'll probably check in at airport, etc. Have a great day all.

- Housework (Please, self, for the love of God, clean this house...)

This made me laugh so hard. ..

lol :p It made my husband snicker, too, when he saw it. I'm happy to report that house-cleaning is under way, and the apartment almost looks like humans live in it now!

... Not that it was a pigsty or anything, but I have a tendency to do a ton of cleaning in one day (like today...) and the house sparkles, then I let it all go downhill for a week or so until there's another ton of cleaning to do. I need to learn to just maintain the shiny! :p

This is why I have a cleaning service come once a month. Or nothing would ever get cleaned. Then it's insurmountable.

What all does your cleaning service do?

*Waves hello from page 1114*

• KylerJaye
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    You guys know I now need a Fitbit. I cannot be left out.
    I'm not sure if it would still be going on, but there was a small sale (ten dollars off the 150$ ChargeHR) at Target.

I just bought one for my friend at Verizon Wireless got 100. If the sale is still going on I'll grab it.

Sigh I really don't need one but I just hate to be left out. We'll see. Since SusieQ won't have one and neither does Laura maybe I'll resist.

Maybe.

ETA messed up posting again as tried to delete old quotes...[/quote]

I don't have one either and my current step count for the day is a whopping 1040 steps. I struggle most days to hit the 3000 mark unless I go shopping or walk the treadmill during lunch.

[/quote]

I have to try really hard to get mine in some days. The last two days I was doing laps of the living room and that is after I went for an almost 40 minute walk when I got home yesterday.

I'm envious of the people who can make steps by walking over to talk to people at the office, taking the stairs more, etc. when they are at work. My office is so small that to go speak to the president of the company (when he is here) it is less than 20 steps. Ditto the restroom. The farthest printer - 6 steps and the photocopier is about 8. I work really hard to be over 3,000 by the end of my work day. And it's all one floor.

If I'm lucky I have to walk to the mailbox a couple times which is about 500 steps round trip. And that only works when it is reasonably warm (not happening at -40) and dry as our yard is unpaved clay.[/quote]

don't feel bad! i'm consistently at the bottom of our fitbit rankings. :)
    20k - 30k steps a day boggles my mind. i'm so envious!
  • KylerJaye
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I confess that when I see "bucket list" pictures like this pinned on Pinterest or on FB, I want to yell at the person.
    Totally judging this lame bucket list item:

r971q0xyvju1.jpg

Did when I was 6 in Texas- at my brothers soccer game and I happened to roll into an ant hill of red ants :/ All the moms came over and stripped me down and used the boys water bottles to get all the ants off when I started screaming.

Needless to say I have not rolled down a hill since!

LOL
    omg, you poor lil thing!!!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    That sewing machine! I want!

Mine is just a basic little Brother but it is pale pink - I can't claim responsibility for that though as it was my mother's before she decided she needed a fancier one.

I'm glad you all understand my feelings about frying food in the house. Soooo stinky. We don't have an exhaust fan over our stove either (or anywhere in the kitchen), so everything I cook lingers unless I open the windows. Not too practical in our minus 40 degree winters either as it's a recipe for a burst water pipe.

The smell of Saturday morning bacon haunts me all weekend, too, it's terrible.

So this doesn't help in the winter, but fry outside! I used to have a fry daddy that I could plug in, so I would plug it into the outdoor outlet and fry away. I'm debating setting up my camping stove outside the next time I do fried chicken to keep the fry smell outside, and I feel like that should work as well.

Re gross girls: I was an odd combination of total tomboy that loved to get dirty and rough house, but I would do it while wearing the most frilly dresses possible. My face and hair was always a super-mess though.

My daughters hair!.... I brush it constantly. Knotted up. I keep pushing her to be more SELF AWARE and start doing things for herself and without prompts. The struggle is real.

I will say I am quite proficient at simple braids though. I need to learn to french braid.

Yeah, I'm sure my hair embarrassed my parents. I would brush it sometimes, but it just would get crazy tangled anyway.

Mastering the braid will do wonders for you - I'm 33 and until I chopped all my hair off (pixie cut for the win!), my hair lived in a messy bun. I never really figured the hair thing out.

BTW - awesome on the amusement park NSV! I LOVE roller coasters.

Thanks! Worst times are after swimming or after waking up. I've made it a habit to braid her hair after her shower or before bedtime and that helps a LOT the next day.

I love coasters, too! The BEST part is Kings Dominion is a mere <15 minutes from home. We get season passes every year and we burn em up! It also has a water park inside so we often go swim then dry off by riding coasters before we leave. We also have a Busch Gardens-Water Country less than an hour away as well. Blessed!

Coaster fiend here. We have been known to book holidays based on what coasters were nearby. We were lucky enough to visit Ceder Point in Ohio a few years ago which I loved. I'd love to go back but it's a bit of a trek from the UK! Our most local proper coaster park is Alton Towers. Unfortunately there was a crash there on the Smiler last month and two teenagers had to have legs amputated! Hasn't put me off since I believe it to be a one-off and I'm sorry for those teens, but I'm sad the coaster will inevitably go - I've ridden it and it was a fun one!

Whoa that's nuts! I hope they make a decent recovery!

It was pretty unfortunate! There was an empty car on the track and no-one realised and set a car of people off, which crashed into the empty one. It took over 4 hours to get them out because they were high up and at a funny angle. The people in the front row all got their knee caps squished! Thankfully no-one died, but there will be life-changing injuries.

I won't let this put me off roller coasters, since logically you're more likely to die in a car crash and all that. Rumour is it was operator error since there are fail-safes to avoid this sort of thing which must have been over-ridden.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    I confess that when I see "bucket list" pictures like this pinned on Pinterest or on FB, I want to yell at the person.
    Totally judging this lame bucket list item:

r971q0xyvju1.jpg

Did when I was 6 in Texas- at my brothers soccer game and I happened to roll into an ant hill of red ants :/ All the moms came over and stripped me down and used the boys water bottles to get all the ants off when I started screaming.

Needless to say I have not rolled down a hill since!

LOL
    omg, you poor lil thing!!!
    I missed this! Oh, that's horrible!
    When I was a kid we had a great 'rolling hill' near my house. Doggy landmines were the biggest hazard there.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    This sums up today. Just when I was feeling somewhat normal....

Oh, there are so many feelings about all of this. I'm so sorry; I know from my friends' experiences how hard obtaining needed services can be.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    I've never been a fan of pickles. I can't imagine them fried. :s

Blasphemy!

What do you put in tuna and egg salad? You can NOT make those without sweet pickles!

I use dill!

Www, no! Bread and butter pickles or chow chow in my tuna salads.
  • AngryViking1970
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Confession: My daughter is very pregnant and I don't want to wait any longer to meet my granddaughter! Have that baby already!

Ooo you're going to be a grammy!! Do you know what you would like to be called? Congrats!!

I already have a grandson - Noah James, he calls me Nana. He is getting a the little sister. (I also have two angel babies whose names are Lauren Adel and Landon David - my oldest sons babies who were born with a genetic disorder)

Aw yay!! I love the name Nana, that's what I want to be when I have grandkids too!

Me too! That's what we called both of our grandmothers and that's what my mom wanted to be called by her grandkids. Our son has "Nana and Grampy" (my parents...RIP Mom), "Grandma and Grandpa" (my husband's mom and step dad) and a "MeMe and Pops" (husband's dad and step mom).

Isn't it funny how many different names there are for grandparents? I think I want to be a Mimi when my kid has kids of his own. That's what I called my grandmother.
  • AngryViking1970
    Options
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    May not be appropriate for @Susieq_1994!

Confession: I found out last night that a friend I used to work with has just been charged with second-degree murder of his wife, who has been missing since November. I'm having a hard time and am absolutely shocked, and still don't really believe it, even though the police quotes say he's been concealing the body at his home for the past 8 months. It just doesn't seem to compute at all against the person I remember.

This is just horrible. How do people do that? How do people not SMELL the decaying body?

They do smell it and they end up telling the police later that they felt bad for the guy or didn't really think anything of it because he is so nice! Like what happened with John Wayne Gacy.

Ahhh don't get me started on JWG!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorothea_Puente

This lady was an older serial killer & she basically had a room in her house that they dubbed the killing room. She would board people that had mental, drug, or other issues & then steal their social security. Whenever they would figure out what she was doing she would murder them & then have the other tenants basically do "yard work" which more or less was graves for bodies.

I've seen a few specials on her! She's been on a few different shows on the Investigation Discovery channel! People are insane!

Yes. And this may have come up before, but I love ID. It's my "home alone" channel because my husband thinks it's creepy. LOL
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    OMG guys, I've gotten behind and I just can't catch up/keep up with you guys! I'm sure that I've missed lots of important things lately - I'll try to catch up with you all as soon as I can!

As for me, I've been stressing myself out the past couple of weeks. Work has been insanely busy all of a sudden (and with ill-defined/scoped projects, which has made things stressful). I've been focusing too much on calories, and that's been getting to my head. And the wedding planning... let's just say that we are on track to send out the invitations this weekend, and after that I plan to think about NOTHING wedding related for just a week. That includes ignoring phone calls from family that are bound to be nothing but wedding related - love them all, but need some space. I should have eloped. :neutral:

Otherwise, if it would just stop raining here, I'd be much happier. We've had rain of some quantity everyday for the last 40 days, and when it isn't raining it's miserably hot and humid. I just want to go out hiking and de-stress a bit without the dog getting completely disgusting in the mud, that's not too much to ask right?

Ok, complaining done for the day. Promise! Now I'm off to try to read backwards and see what you all have been up to!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I have to say, I really appreciate all of you letting me vent here, even though i'm sure most of you are horrified at the situation and i'm not making it look any better ;) but it is helping me sort out my thoughts and feelings, without getting into that nasty internal negative spiral.

Not horrified! I actually find relationships with multiples, including polygamy, fascinating. It's not for me, but I've researched it quite a bit. The fact that I feel like I kind of know you and really want you guys to be able to work this out and be happy adds a whole new level to my education on the subject. I hope that isn't somehow offensive or insensitive. I'm team Mr Mrs & Ms Orangesmartie all the way!
    I feel the same way. I really wish you all well.

Me too! It's not for me personally but I'm 100% supportive! GO TEAM SMARTIES
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    That sewing machine! I want!

Mine is just a basic little Brother but it is pale pink - I can't claim responsibility for that though as it was my mother's before she decided she needed a fancier one.

I'm glad you all understand my feelings about frying food in the house. Soooo stinky. We don't have an exhaust fan over our stove either (or anywhere in the kitchen), so everything I cook lingers unless I open the windows. Not too practical in our minus 40 degree winters either as it's a recipe for a burst water pipe.

The smell of Saturday morning bacon haunts me all weekend, too, it's terrible.

So this doesn't help in the winter, but fry outside! I used to have a fry daddy that I could plug in, so I would plug it into the outdoor outlet and fry away. I'm debating setting up my camping stove outside the next time I do fried chicken to keep the fry smell outside, and I feel like that should work as well.

Re gross girls: I was an odd combination of total tomboy that loved to get dirty and rough house, but I would do it while wearing the most frilly dresses possible. My face and hair was always a super-mess though.

My daughters hair!.... I brush it constantly. Knotted up. I keep pushing her to be more SELF AWARE and start doing things for herself and without prompts. The struggle is real.

I will say I am quite proficient at simple braids though. I need to learn to french braid.

Yeah, I'm sure my hair embarrassed my parents. I would brush it sometimes, but it just would get crazy tangled anyway.

Mastering the braid will do wonders for you - I'm 33 and until I chopped all my hair off (pixie cut for the win!), my hair lived in a messy bun. I never really figured the hair thing out.

BTW - awesome on the amusement park NSV! I LOVE roller coasters.

Thanks! Worst times are after swimming or after waking up. I've made it a habit to braid her hair after her shower or before bedtime and that helps a LOT the next day.

I love coasters, too! The BEST part is Kings Dominion is a mere <15 minutes from home. We get season passes every year and we burn em up! It also has a water park inside so we often go swim then dry off by riding coasters before we leave. We also have a Busch Gardens-Water Country less than an hour away as well. Blessed!

Coaster fiend here. We have been known to book holidays based on what coasters were nearby. We were lucky enough to visit Ceder Point in Ohio a few years ago which I loved. I'd love to go back but it's a bit of a trek from the UK! Our most local proper coaster park is Alton Towers. Unfortunately there was a crash there on the Smiler last month and two teenagers had to have legs amputated! Hasn't put me off since I believe it to be a one-off and I'm sorry for those teens, but I'm sad the coaster will inevitably go - I've ridden it and it was a fun one!

That reminds me. Does anyone ever go to that site RideAccidents.com? It has stories like that on there. They are scary.

However, I love going to the amusement park as well and LOVE coasters. I haven't been in a long time.