Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    Sorry... so many posts I want to acknowledge, but I have very little online time and I have to concentrate on reading!

Just wanted to vent about MapMyWalk... I installed the app on my phone a while back so I could track my pace/distance on my lunch walks, then last week I decided to sync it with MFP to save myself 30 seconds of effort logging the walk manually.

It took forever to sync... just kept showing the busy circle... then MapMyWalk wouldn't even work that day. MFP says it's connected. Figured it might iron itself out after a shut down and restart, and it appeared to be okay... but the next day it wiped out all my walk data when I hit "finish workout". Grrrr. No, it didn't post the walk to MFP either.

I'm thoroughly annoyed. Not sure what to do -- unsync from MFP or uninstall and reinstall MapMyWalk?
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Things here just got really intense and I want to run away.
    Also I think my fitbit might have stopped working.... I am gonna try and charge it now but God only knows how long its been dead or why I never got a low battery notification. If that is even what it is.....

I am sorry! Hope it works out.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Two sad things, (one not so much, but sad for me).

1. My husband and I finished the series Breaking Bad last night at 12:30AM. Now I don't know what we will do :). I need to start back up with OITNB, but I can only watch that one really late so the kids don't see it. I'm not a prude, but as much as I like the show, there are some things I don't want them to see yet :).

2. But the really sad confession is that I am cleaning out my clothes, and I am so disappointed in myself. In 2012/2013, I lost 54 pounds. I have now gained it all back, so I have to put all my smaller clothes away for a while because I don't have room for both. Of course I knew I gained the weight, but putting everything away has really brought it home how far I've let myself slide. It was much more fun getting rid of the big stuff, you know. But at least I have a bunch of stuff waiting for me when I finally decide to start doing this again.

It was growing out of the smaller clothes and not having any larger ones (as I had donated them when I lost weight) that re motivated me. I am now smaller than I was but I am afraid to give away my 'med' clothes now for fear I'll gain again! :(
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    POF, question for you re horses. Do they mind being transported in trailers? It's very hot here today and I just passed a big trailer with about 6 horses in it. All the windows were open so I'm sure they were fine, but I just wondered whether they are ok about going in - like, do they know they're going somewhere fun or interesting so get in happily (like my dog going in the car)?

Horses don't understand that are going someplace fun I don't think. After they have done it a few times I think they grasp they are going somewhere but I am not sure they get where. Plus it can be a horseshow, the vet, a trail ride, a new farm, the auction. It could be anywhere. Some horses don't care and will walk right up. Some are terrified and you have to really work to get them in there. Some are just like...nope.

Horses are different transporting too. Some ride quietly. Others freak out. Some need friends and others are ok alone. They are all different.

Hot days are hard. Trailers aren't air conditioned, so you do need to be careful when you get where you are going that you open up the trailer right away to get air in or get them off to get air. And give them water immediately. A dehydrated horse can colic easily and colic in a horse is really dangerous.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Mmm cherry cheesecake, m&m and frosted brownies...drooling! I've had a not so good past four days and I had to log a gain this morning. I was bummed but then thought oh well just get back on it! Plus my gym opens back up tomorrow woot woot!

Oh you have a new photo! I can't see it well on tablet. I will have to look on computer later! Excited! I love new photos.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Eat the brownie and log it tomorrow?
    Eat the brownie tomorrow?
    Go over today and get back on track tomorrow?

These are eternal questions....
  • Oberon21
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I've had an interesting challenge handed to me! :)

I've been pestering my husband and telling him that I want a Fitbit, because I think it'll motivate me to move around more so I can "win" steps and calories. ;) He thinks it's an unnecessary fitness gadget, and that I should probably just move around more by myself. :p

So, to motivate me a little (since I've been struggling a lot lately, as you all know, and he's been trying to find ways to help me with it) he gave me a challenge: If I can get my weight down to 65 kg by my birthday, he'll buy me a Fitbit. I'm currently at 69.3, and my birthday is on the eighth of October, which means I have 3.5 months to lose 4.3 kilos--very doable.

So, by putting it out here, I'm hoping you guys will help me stay accountable so I can win myself a Fitbit for my birthday! ;) (He'd probably buy it for me anyway, but I really want to win this challenge.)

Oooh your birthday is the day after mine!

Great challenge, you can really focus on the goal. Can you put notes on the cupboard doors in the kitchen to help?

Do you have stairs to your apartment? Can you aim to walk up and down them 10 extra times a day or something?

I love my Fitbit, I have a flex, it really motivates me to move more.

If anyone wants to be friends on Fitbit, I'm up for that

I don't have a fitbit but I may hey one just do I can be friends with you! I hate feeling left out.

SusieQ you can download pedometer apps on your phone. They aren't great but are directional. That may help you somewhat in the meantime. And to help motivate you let's post our steps every day. I track this anyway as part of my goals. I get crazy numbers on the weekends site to the barn but struggle during the week. 10k a day?

Sorry, not posting much while trying to catch up but had to comment on this. I think this would be a fun way to encourage Susie to get her Fitbit! I've enjoyed having one - I'm obsessed about getting my 10K goal, and have only missed it a couple times, other than when I was sick. I'm pretty consistent between 12-15K. I've only broken 20K once: ran with the dog in the morning, walked to work, and had a soccer game in the evening. I have a couple more days this summer that will have the same pattern so maybe my single 20K badge won't be lonely ;)

So ate we doing this is the new thread or here? I don't have a Fitbit so I'll just have to report on it.

I think we should do a step challenge thread in the group. One clean thread to just post daily steps in. That way everyone can join Fitbit or no.

And it will keep it easier to follow so we don't miss people in the day to day.

Ok just make sure I end up in the right one!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Checking in from page 1084 I'm far behind so won't quote anything. Back from a day at Goodwood Festival of Speed was brilliant and enjoyed my pieminister beef and ale pie followed by a large Mr Whippy. My Fitbit says I did 12500 steps so I'm not even sorry!

I have to ask....what's a Mr. Whippy?

Haha not sure if anyone has answered this...if you are not from/in UK it probably sounds strange. It's soft scoop whipped ice cream in a cone with a chocolate flake. Also known as a 99 from when they used to cost 99 pence (sterling). They are served from an ice cream van. Reminds me of childhood!

I seen Orange post about clotted cream & was wondering is that more of a whipped cream, cottage cheese, or yogurt?
    Clotted cream isn't much like whipped cream at all. It's made by slowly heating full-cream milk and letting the fat rise to the surface. The clotted cream forms a kind of crust and the whole top layer gets spooned off. That all sounds pretty vile but it's really the most amazingly delicious thing.

Sounds yummy to me! So is it used mostly on ice creams?
    Not really, although that does sound delicious. More on scones with jam (this, plus a pot of tea is a 'cream tea' and is a thing of beauty), or on something like warm apple pie or a plum crumble (a crumble is a baked fruit dessert with a butter/flour/brown sugar topping - a bit like a 'crisp' but without oats in the topping). Yum. Can you tell I'm hungry?!

Yum that all sounds so good. I'll take an order of the plum crumble but maybe with apples instead & extra, extra, extra crumble:D.
    Yep! Can do. It would look like this. No wonder I got fat, I used to make desserts like this all the time.
    [

Omg, I'll take one too! Yum!

Also...I'm excited that so many of us are Fitbit friends now! :smiley:
    You guys know I now need a Fitbit. I cannot be left out.
    I'm not sure if it would still be going on, but there was a small sale (ten dollars off the 150$ ChargeHR) at Target.

• Oberon21
    Options
    Count me in for October birthdays! (October 4th, anyone?)

I need a Fitbit, but broke people problems won't allow such right now. :cry:

I'm going to tighten up on my eating and moving this week, especially since we're going to a Darius Rucker concert Thursday night ( yay!!), and I know there won't be options for "good" foods lol.

I'm only going to this concert for Darius and a band out of Laurens known as Outshyne. Colt ford is going to be there too, but I don't really care for his "music". Rap has a place, but not so much in country music. Although, I do happen to like Florida Georgia Line too...

I love Darius. I actually do like Colt Ford but not all his songs. And I don't like rap. I do like rap mixed in like Red Dirt Road. I love FGL and I have heard outshyne in Sirrus.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Mmm cherry cheesecake, m&m and frosted brownies...drooling! I've had a not so good past four days and I had to log a gain this morning. I was bummed but then thought oh well just get back on it! Plus my gym opens back up tomorrow woot woot!

Oh you have a new photo! I can't see it well on tablet. I will have to look on computer later! Excited! I love new photos.

Yes it's me and my sissy from about a year ago! I look exactly the same except about 15 lbs heavier
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I've had an interesting challenge handed to me! :)

I've been pestering my husband and telling him that I want a Fitbit, because I think it'll motivate me to move around more so I can "win" steps and calories. ;) He thinks it's an unnecessary fitness gadget, and that I should probably just move around more by myself. :p

So, to motivate me a little (since I've been struggling a lot lately, as you all know, and he's been trying to find ways to help me with it) he gave me a challenge: If I can get my weight down to 65 kg by my birthday, he'll buy me a Fitbit. I'm currently at 69.3, and my birthday is on the eighth of October, which means I have 3.5 months to lose 4.3 kilos--very doable.

So, by putting it out here, I'm hoping you guys will help me stay accountable so I can win myself a Fitbit for my birthday! ;) (He'd probably buy it for me anyway, but I really want to win this challenge.)

Oooh your birthday is the day after mine!

Great challenge, you can really focus on the goal. Can you put notes on the cupboard doors in the kitchen to help?

Do you have stairs to your apartment? Can you aim to walk up and down them 10 extra times a day or something?

I love my Fitbit, I have a flex, it really motivates me to move more.

If anyone wants to be friends on Fitbit, I'm up for that

I don't have a fitbit but I may hey one just do I can be friends with you! I hate feeling left out.

SusieQ you can download pedometer apps on your phone. They aren't great but are directional. That may help you somewhat in the meantime. And to help motivate you let's post our steps every day. I track this anyway as part of my goals. I get crazy numbers on the weekends site to the barn but struggle during the week. 10k a day?

Sorry, not posting much while trying to catch up but had to comment on this. I think this would be a fun way to encourage Susie to get her Fitbit! I've enjoyed having one - I'm obsessed about getting my 10K goal, and have only missed it a couple times, other than when I was sick. I'm pretty consistent between 12-15K. I've only broken 20K once: ran with the dog in the morning, walked to work, and had a soccer game in the evening. I have a couple more days this summer that will have the same pattern so maybe my single 20K badge won't be lonely ;)

My record is like 45k in May...when I ran a marathon. :)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Hello friends!! I haven't been around today at all I've already missed so much so here goes all in one-

@Coastalpath it was good to hear from you I was beginning to wonder where our other Brit had gone off to!

@nonoelmo I'm super excited to see your Elsa dress I loooove Frozen!! Edit: yeah just remembered it's NOT frozen it's the princess Bride-- still can't wait to see it I love costumes!!

@Susieq_1994 you're exactly two days younger than my second youngest brother! He'll be 21 on the 6th and then my youngest brother will be 18 on October 7th! And thanks for the recipe thread I've never been much of a cook but I've really wanted to try lately!! Oh and your wedding dress was stunning!

@riderfangal I hope you're having a blast on your date! And if not, there will be plenty others! :)

@pofoster21 @orangesmartie I'm sorry it was a crappy day I hope tomorrow goes well for you both!! (Hugs)

@TigerNY128 glad you're checking in I was wondering if you'd left us too!

If I missed anyone I do apologize! Hope everyone is having a great weekend and can't wait to catch up Monday when I should be working haha ❤️

No way, never leaving this thread!! I'm leaving for vacation on Wednesday though so I may not be checking in for a few days until I get back! I'm sure I'll have thousands of posts to catch up on...
    Do you mind sharing where you're heading to? Sounds like a fun 4th of July weekend.

• Oberon21
    Options
    @kelly_c_77 I sent you a pm.

@riderfangal how was your date?

I think the fitbit thread is an awesome idea. I love my Fitbit and can never have enough friends to motivate me. went for a walk this morning and logged nearly 9000 steps was pretty happy.

As for the date. It was ok. Football game sucked though and we lost our starting quarterback for the rest of the season. Booo

Some of his friends met us there which was good took a bit of the pressure off. He's really nice BUT there was absolutely no spark there for me. He kept trying to hold my hand or rub my arm and I didn't quite know to avoid it without seeming rude lol. On the bright side one of his friends wife was super nice and we hit it off great. So if nothing else I made a new friend but I think the wedding plans will have to be abandoned lol

At least you went! Good for you.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Eee so I'm probably the only one who would be excited about this but Ed Sheeran is coming to Cincinnati in September and I get to go see him AHHHHH England in August with my English man and a concert in September with my other British boyfriend woo hoo best year EVER!! ❤️
    I was really trying to get to 15,000 today but I don't have 1250 more steps in me. Not if I want to walk at all tomorrow.

But I earned over 600 calories I can eat if I want. There may be some ice cream happening.

Yum! What kind?

That's still some impressive steps so be proud:).

I don't have anything too fancy in the house. Just Lucerne chocolate marble cups. Or I could eat my husband's Breyers Reese's peanut butter cup (frozen).

Your husband has good taste. That's a favourite around here too!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    And I totally want to be Fitbit friends with everyone in here.

I was wondering whether people would be up for challenges, not super competitive, but things like how many steps in a day/weekend or how many calories burned in a weekend. The idea is.to motivate and give goals, rather than be winners and.losers and.moves away from scale victories
    And not just for Fitbit people..so not Fitbit based, although we could have.Fitbit challenges

If anyone is interested, I'll start a thread in the bat cave

I'll be in!! In honour of us becoming Fitbit friends and your super great step count I went for an hour walk this morning and am at 8,200 steps for the day so far.

But if we do it in the bat cave everyone with counters can play!

Wow, that's awesome! I didn't know that a long walk could bring you close to 10000 steps. :o I'm totally going to take advantage of that information...

Before I got my Fitbit I google mapped a lot of landmarks and got the distances for them. For example, to the next sideroad and back to my house is exactly 1 mile. Then I could log my walks -if I walked there and back in 20 minutes then that was 3 mph pace.

I know it's hot there but maybe you could figure out how long the mall is or something and use that do that you know your distance and pace.

I did exactly that with my outdoor walks, but I have no idea how I'd do it for mall walks! But I don't actually like to log my walks to get calories, because I'm really sedentary otherwise and I consider them as just getting in my 5000 sedentary steps, which means I'd be eating more than I'm supposed to. I have no idea how big the mall that I like to walk in is, though--I just know it's huge. O.o I wonder how I could figure THAT out...

Make sure you walk briskly. It burns way more calories!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Sitting on sofa shaking and feel sick
    There was a massive spider on my living room floor. I have managed to despatch it, but I feel so ill now. Stupid phobia

You are braver than me, my friend.....if there is a spider in my living room, I just leave.....I don't need to use the living room that badly, I have a bedroom I can hang out in, lol.

I would have to kill it. If you left and came back, how would you know where it is? It could totally jump out at you. Better to get them when you can see them!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Just to let you all know little man is home safe and sound. Yay!!! Picked him up a couple of hours and we went to the pool for a while. So so happy he is home!

This makes me very happy. Did he seems ok?

Me too thanks POF. He was so excited when I got there came running out of the house and i got a big bear hug. He seems good except a rash on his back but it's been so hot it might be due to the heat!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    @kelly_c_77 I sent you a pm.

@riderfangal how was your date?

I think the fitbit thread is an awesome idea. I love my Fitbit and can never have enough friends to motivate me. went for a walk this morning and logged nearly 9000 steps was pretty happy.

As for the date. It was ok. Football game sucked though and we lost our starting quarterback for the rest of the season. Booo

Some of his friends met us there which was good took a bit of the pressure off. He's really nice BUT there was absolutely no spark there for me. He kept trying to hold my hand or rub my arm and I didn't quite know to avoid it without seeming rude lol. On the bright side one of his friends wife was super nice and we hit it off great. So if nothing else I made a new friend but I think the wedding plans will have to be abandoned lol

At least you went! Good for you.

I was kind of proud I went to. Was certainly a step out of my comfort zone especially because I still feel fat and my self confidence is not really what it used to be
  • Oberon21
    edited June 2015
    Options
    [/quote]You guys know I now need a Fitbit. I cannot be left out. [/quote]I'm not sure if it would still be going on, but there was a small sale (ten dollars off the 150$ ChargeHR) at Target.

[/quote]

I just bought one for my friend at Verizon Wireless got 100. If the sale is still going on I'll grab it.

Sigh I really don't need one but I just hate to be left out. We'll see. Since SusieQ won't have one and neither does Laura maybe I'll resist.

Maybe.

ETA messed up posting again as tried to delete old quotes...
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Sitting on sofa shaking and feel sick
    There was a massive spider on my living room floor. I have managed to despatch it, but I feel so ill now. Stupid phobia

You are braver than me, my friend.....if there is a spider in my living room, I just leave.....I don't need to use the living room that badly, I have a bedroom I can hang out in, lol.

I would have to kill it. If you left and came back, how would you know where it is? It could totally jump out at you. Better to get them when you can see them!

THIS! I have to know its gone forever!