Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @riderfangal I sent you a pm but mfp is bring wonky for me today.

If you get it three times I'm sorry - if you don't get it please let me know.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

I think that's a great idea! I was thinking that I should post some sort of reminders around the house for when I'm feeling munchie or down, to try and keep me focused. Any suggestions for what to write? All I could think of was something like... "65 kg = Fitbit!" ;)

Yup, I live on the top floor in a four storey apartment, so I could definitely do some stair-climbing! The neighbors might think I'm nuts, which is the only thing that has stopped me from doing that until now, but I should totally get over that...

Put up notes that say 1 biscuit = 20 star jumps or do i need this chocolate more than I need that Fitbit? Things that are meant to make you stop and think whether you really need that food or if it's boredom binging.

Yeah get over the neighbours, although I bet if you explained it was to increase fitness, they'd cheer you on.

I have no idea what a star jump it, but that sounds like a good idea. :) I hope they'll work!

This is Saudi Arabia and the middle of a big city... I can assure you that no cheering on would be done; they would just think that I'm crazy. :D

I think the Fitbit thread is an awesome idea! Definitely motivating. :) But I won't be able to join in until my birthday. :'(

Star jumps are jumping jacks.

I'll start a thread tomorrow and we'll have non fitting challenges too, so no one is left out
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Hi all. Would anyone be able to post a link to the group? I never joined, but would like to and can't remember what page it was on. Thanks.
    I'll PM it to you since I'm not sure if I should be posting the link here after what happened a few nights ago.

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was insanely busy for me, I did not get here at all.....

Last night I had some serious grief bacon again, because weekends are very tense around here because of the silence between me and my SO. I am going to have to try really hard today to not binge on junk because of this stress. Stress eating is one of my biggest weaknesses. This is the third weekend in a row and I do not see it getting better any time soon......

I can sympathise, things are like that between bf and me. Luckily I can escape to my house at weekends for a break. Big hugs.

I'll pm you to add me on fitbit. I don't know my username, so it'll have to be email

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Hi all. Would anyone be able to post a link to the group? I never joined, but would like to and can't remember what page it was on. Thanks.
    I'll PM it to you since I'm not sure if I should be posting the link here after what happened a few nights ago.

Makes sense, and thanks.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    And if anyone else with a Fitbit wants another friend pm me!!

I only have 2 friends on there.

I am headed to the batcave to put my fitbit address in there. I have maybe three friends there and would love for this group to be a part of that.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

pofoster21 wrote: »
    I've had an interesting challenge handed to me! :)

I've been pestering my husband and telling him that I want a Fitbit, because I think it'll motivate me to move around more so I can "win" steps and calories. ;) He thinks it's an unnecessary fitness gadget, and that I should probably just move around more by myself. :p

So, to motivate me a little (since I've been struggling a lot lately, as you all know, and he's been trying to find ways to help me with it) he gave me a challenge: If I can get my weight down to 65 kg by my birthday, he'll buy me a Fitbit. I'm currently at 69.3, and my birthday is on the eighth of October, which means I have 3.5 months to lose 4.3 kilos--very doable.

So, by putting it out here, I'm hoping you guys will help me stay accountable so I can win myself a Fitbit for my birthday! ;) (He'd probably buy it for me anyway, but I really want to win this challenge.)

Oooh your birthday is the day after mine!

Great challenge, you can really focus on the goal. Can you put notes on the cupboard doors in the kitchen to help?

Do you have stairs to your apartment? Can you aim to walk up and down them 10 extra times a day or something?

I love my Fitbit, I have a flex, it really motivates me to move more.

If anyone wants to be friends on Fitbit, I'm up for that

I don't have a fitbit but I may hey one just do I can be friends with you! I hate feeling left out.

SusieQ you can download pedometer apps on your phone. They aren't great but are directional. That may help you somewhat in the meantime. And to help motivate you let's post our steps every day. I track this anyway as part of my goals. I get crazy numbers on the weekends site to the barn but struggle during the week. 10k a day?

Sorry, not posting much while trying to catch up but had to comment on this. I think this would be a fun way to encourage Susie to get her Fitbit! I've enjoyed having one - I'm obsessed about getting my 10K goal, and have only missed it a couple times, other than when I was sick. I'm pretty consistent between 12-15K. I've only broken 20K once: ran with the dog in the morning, walked to work, and had a soccer game in the evening. I have a couple more days this summer that will have the same pattern so maybe my single 20K badge won't be lonely ;)
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @kelly_c_77 I sent you a pm.

@riderfangal how was your date?

I think the fitbit thread is an awesome idea. I love my Fitbit and can never have enough friends to motivate me. went for a walk this morning and logged nearly 9000 steps was pretty happy.

As for the date. It was ok. Football game sucked though and we lost our starting quarterback for the rest of the season. Booo

Some of his friends met us there which was good took a bit of the pressure off. He's really nice BUT there was absolutely no spark there for me. He kept trying to hold my hand or rub my arm and I didn't quite know to avoid it without seeming rude lol. On the bright side one of his friends wife was super nice and we hit it off great. So if nothing else I made a new friend but I think the wedding plans will have to be abandoned lol
    That sounds like a perfectly successful date to me. You had an ok to nice time and figured out that he's not what you're looking for. I'm glad you made a new friend. My 16 year old has broken up with several guys by saying "I really like you a lot but not in that way. I'm sorry but I can't date you ". (I love that she came up with that honest and kind way of handling it! All on her own)
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was insanely busy for me, I did not get here at all.....

Last night I had some serious grief bacon again, because weekends are very tense around here because of the silence between me and my SO. I am going to have to try really hard today to not binge on junk because of this stress. Stress eating is one of my biggest weaknesses. This is the third weekend in a row and I do not see it getting better any time soon......

I can sympathise, things are like that between bf and me. Luckily I can escape to my house at weekends for a break. Big hugs.

I'll pm you to add me on fitbit. I don't know my username, so it'll have to be email

I hope things clear up with both of your SO's
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    Ooh I want to be Fitbit friends with everyone!!! I use my real name on Fitbit so I don't want to just post it here...what's the best way to post it to just you guys?
  • AngelAnnihilate
    AngelAnnihilate Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've lost a little weight but gained most back after recovering from being very very sick. I was so embarrassed about having to wear a dress in public for my graduation and feeling "naked" I took my boyfriends boxers and pulled them to my bra line to try and "hide the fat"... The most uncomfortable 3 hours of my life...
  • crosbylee
    Options
    Ooh I want to be Fitbit friends with everyone!!! I use my real name on Fitbit so I don't want to just post it here...what's the best way to post it to just you guys?

I posted a fitbit thread in the group area if you want to post it there.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Send a private message to us on here with your email address and then we can log into Fitbit and send you an invite. :)
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @riderfangal eee I know the feeling when the guy is nice enough but that spark just isn't there and he keeps trying to touch you haha I hate that! At least you made a new friend and now you don't have to think 'what if' if you hadn't gone!

Lol yep it was pretty awkward and I am actually glad I went! Thank you all for the positive thoughts this week

That is so awkward!
    I once went on a date and the guy was really into me, and I just was not feeling it....so we had went out for dinner and then went to a club I frequented....I thought he might have clued in when I kept introducing him as my friend and not my date, but he didn't. Finally, he leans into me and tells me how much he likes me....and I decide to be honest, and tell him he is a great guy but I am just not feeling it, that I will dance with him and such the rest of the night but I did not see it going anywhere.....he seemed fine, bought us another round of drinks, and then went to the bathroom, and NEVER RETURNED. He drove, so I was stranded a city away, at a night club. I was not impressed.....

OMG that's awful. I would have been so mad!

Ugh, me too! That's like from a movie type of bad! :( Hope you weren't stranded too long!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

I posted a fitbit thread in the group area if you want to post it there.

Awesome! I'm headed to the Batcave now!
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    I posted in the Batcave! (and PM'd Kelly ;) )
  • crosbylee
    Options
    Awesome!! Here we go~!~!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I've had an interesting challenge handed to me! :)

I've been pestering my husband and telling him that I want a Fitbit, because I think it'll motivate me to move around more so I can "win" steps and calories. ;) He thinks it's an unnecessary fitness gadget, and that I should probably just move around more by myself. :p

So, to motivate me a little (since I've been struggling a lot lately, as you all know, and he's been trying to find ways to help me with it) he gave me a challenge: If I can get my weight down to 65 kg by my birthday, he'll buy me a Fitbit. I'm currently at 69.3, and my birthday is on the eighth of October, which means I have 3.5 months to lose 4.3 kilos--very doable.

So, by putting it out here, I'm hoping you guys will help me stay accountable so I can win myself a Fitbit for my birthday! ;) (He'd probably buy it for me anyway, but I really want to win this challenge.)

Oooh your birthday is the day after mine!

Great challenge, you can really focus on the goal. Can you put notes on the cupboard doors in the kitchen to help?

Do you have stairs to your apartment? Can you aim to walk up and down them 10 extra times a day or something?

I love my Fitbit, I have a flex, it really motivates me to move more.

If anyone wants to be friends on Fitbit, I'm up for that

I don't have a fitbit but I may hey one just do I can be friends with you! I hate feeling left out.

SusieQ you can download pedometer apps on your phone. They aren't great but are directional. That may help you somewhat in the meantime. And to help motivate you let's post our steps every day. I track this anyway as part of my goals. I get crazy numbers on the weekends site to the barn but struggle during the week. 10k a day?

Sorry, not posting much while trying to catch up but had to comment on this. I think this would be a fun way to encourage Susie to get her Fitbit! I've enjoyed having one - I'm obsessed about getting my 10K goal, and have only missed it a couple times, other than when I was sick. I'm pretty consistent between 12-15K. I've only broken 20K once: ran with the dog in the morning, walked to work, and had a soccer game in the evening. I have a couple more days this summer that will have the same pattern so maybe my single 20K badge won't be lonely ;)

So ate we doing this is the new thread or here? I don't have a Fitbit so I'll just have to report on it.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Could someone pm me the group too please? I'm not 100% sure what its for but if it's called the Batcave I can't help but want in (do you guys have codenames and passwords? :wink: )
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Count me in for October birthdays! (October 4th, anyone?)

I need a Fitbit, but broke people problems won't allow such right now. :cry:

I'm going to tighten up on my eating and moving this week, especially since we're going to a Darius Rucker concert Thursday night ( yay!!), and I know there won't be options for "good" foods lol.

I'm only going to this concert for Darius and a band out of Laurens known as Outshyne. Colt ford is going to be there too, but I don't really care for his "music". Rap has a place, but not so much in country music. Although, I do happen to like Florida Georgia Line too...