Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    And I totally want to be Fitbit friends with everyone in here.

I was wondering whether people would be up for challenges, not super competitive, but things like how many steps in a day/weekend or how many calories burned in a weekend. The idea is.to motivate and give goals, rather than be winners and.losers and.moves away from scale victories
    And not just for Fitbit people..so not Fitbit based, although we could have.Fitbit challenges

If anyone is interested, I'll start a thread in the bat cave

I'll be in!! In honour of us becoming Fitbit friends and your super great step count I went for an hour walk this morning and am at 8,200 steps for the day so far.

But if we do it in the bat cave everyone with counters can play!

Wow, that's awesome! I didn't know that a long walk could bring you close to 10000 steps. :o I'm totally going to take advantage of that information...

Before I got my Fitbit I google mapped a lot of landmarks and got the distances for them. For example, to the next sideroad and back to my house is exactly 1 mile. Then I could log my walks -if I walked there and back in 20 minutes then that was 3 mph pace.

I know it's hot there but maybe you could figure out how long the mall is or something and use that do that you know your distance and pace.

I did exactly that with my outdoor walks, but I have no idea how I'd do it for mall walks! But I don't actually like to log my walks to get calories, because I'm really sedentary otherwise and I consider them as just getting in my 5000 sedentary steps, which means I'd be eating more than I'm supposed to. I have no idea how big the mall that I like to walk in is, though--I just know it's huge. O.o I wonder how I could figure THAT out...
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

I was wondering whether people would be up for challenges, not super competitive, but things like how many steps in a day/weekend or how many calories burned in a weekend. The idea is.to motivate and give goals, rather than be winners and.losers and.moves away from scale victories
    And not just for Fitbit people..so not Fitbit based, although we could have.Fitbit challenges

I'll be in!! In honour of us becoming Fitbit friends and your super great step count I went for an hour walk this morning and am at 8,200 steps for the day so far.

Wow, that's awesome! I didn't know that a long walk could bring you close to 10000 steps. :o I'm totally going to take advantage of that information...

Before I got my Fitbit I google mapped a lot of landmarks and got the distances for them. For example, to the next sideroad and back to my house is exactly 1 mile. Then I could log my walks -if I walked there and back in 20 minutes then that was 3 mph pace.

I know it's hot there but maybe you could figure out how long the mall is or something and use that do that you know your distance and pace.

I did exactly that with my outdoor walks, but I have no idea how I'd do it for mall walks! But I don't actually like to log my walks to get calories, because I'm really sedentary otherwise and I consider them as just getting in my 5000 sedentary steps, which means I'd be eating more than I'm supposed to. I have no idea how big the mall that I like to walk in is, though--I just know it's huge. O.o I wonder how I could figure THAT out...

I added an edit up there that if you can figure out your stride length you could calculate your steps if you know the distance.

Maybe the mall has a schematic on line or you could call maybe and ask how long and wide it is? Or a mall map? I don't know - just throwing out ideas.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm just a leeetle bit older than you.

How are you managing with your Ramadan fasting?

Just an eeny bit, surely we can still be birthday almost-twins. :p So far so good! I've had my period for the last few days, so I haven't had to fast, but I'll start fasting again today since it finished off a few hours ago. :)

And to answer the question before it gets asked: In Islam, it's prescribed in the Quran and hadith that women who have their periods are excused from fasting, most likely due to weakness and blood loss (I also think it's so we can eat during the day, since we tend to crave like crazy and be super-hungry... ;)); we're also excused from our five daily prayers during our periods. You aren't supposed to make up the prayers (most likely because you'd have like 35 prayers to pray if your period lasted five days!), but you do have to make up the fasts at another time, because it's obligatory to complete the full thirty days of fasting. :)

I have a lot of issues with my period.. endometriosis and fibroids. Before a surgery a good 10 years ago I was either getting, in the midst of, or recovering from my period. Or ovulating which involved period like symptoms so I was period free for about a week if I was lucky. How would you handle that?

I actually do deal with a lot of uncertainty regarding my period, because the depo shot has made me extremely irregular and I'm almost constantly dealing with random spotting. So I pay close attention to the above and have made a general rule for myself that I won't stop praying or fasting unless I'm completely sure that it's my period; otherwise it's just business as usual. :)

You still get a period on the depo? I am on depo so I do not bleed at all, or as little as possible.....I thought all woman that take depo stop getting periods. Everyone I have known to take it has (mind you, only two other woman other than myself).

Are we killing the men yet?
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

I added an edit up there that if you can figure out your stride length you could calculate your steps if you know the distance.

Maybe the mall has a schematic on line or you could call maybe and ask how long and wide it is? Or a mall map? I don't know - just throwing out ideas.

There is a mall map, but it doesn't have any distance on it. I've been checking around their website (http://www.dhahranmall.com) but I can't seem to find anything that tells me. -_- I do know that my average walking speed is around 13 minutes per kilometer, so I could probably use that to figure out how long the mall is by checking how long it takes me to make a full lap.

About the stride length... How do I calculate that?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Oh my gosh, @Susieq_1994! That dress is so amazingly beautiful! I bet you looked like a beautiful perfect angel on that day! :)

It was you I thought of last night when I found out about the Kuwait bombing. I got to use your explantions of Ramadan when I was explaining to my mother why I thought it was especially despicable. I've always thought attacks on holy places - whatever the religion - are horrid, but given that I now know the meaning of Ramadan, it seems even worse. :'(

Thank you for your thoughts and for your dawah to your mother, as well. The Holy month of Ramadan is so sacred to Muslims that we are forbidden from fighting or going to war with anyone during it--the only fighting allowed is in self-defense, if someone attacks you. And yet ISIS, the so called "Islamists", have stepped up their murderous ways and are now killing as many as they can, it seems; I just found out that the bombing was a coordinated attack in THREE separate countries: Tunisia, France, and Kuwait. 25 killed in Kuwait, 38 in Tunisia, and I don't know how many were killed in France. It makes me so angry! :(

This makes me angry as well. And I hate how ignorant some people can be thinking this is how Muslims think. I cannot tell you how many heated arguments I have had over the years about this.....like seriously, educate yourself people!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

@kelly_c_77 I sent you a pm.

@riderfangal how was your date?

I think the fitbit thread is an awesome idea. I love my Fitbit and can never have enough friends to motivate me. went for a walk this morning and logged nearly 9000 steps was pretty happy.

As for the date. It was ok. Football game sucked though and we lost our starting quarterback for the rest of the season. Booo

Some of his friends met us there which was good took a bit of the pressure off. He's really nice BUT there was absolutely no spark there for me. He kept trying to hold my hand or rub my arm and I didn't quite know to avoid it without seeming rude lol. On the bright side one of his friends wife was super nice and we hit it off great. So if nothing else I made a new friend but I think the wedding plans will have to be abandoned lol
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I've had an interesting challenge handed to me! :)

I've been pestering my husband and telling him that I want a Fitbit, because I think it'll motivate me to move around more so I can "win" steps and calories. ;) He thinks it's an unnecessary fitness gadget, and that I should probably just move around more by myself. :p

So, to motivate me a little (since I've been struggling a lot lately, as you all know, and he's been trying to find ways to help me with it) he gave me a challenge: If I can get my weight down to 65 kg by my birthday, he'll buy me a Fitbit. I'm currently at 69.3, and my birthday is on the eighth of October, which means I have 3.5 months to lose 4.3 kilos--very doable.

So, by putting it out here, I'm hoping you guys will help me stay accountable so I can win myself a Fitbit for my birthday! ;) (He'd probably buy it for me anyway, but I really want to win this challenge.)

Oooh your birthday is the day after mine!

Great challenge, you can really focus on the goal. Can you put notes on the cupboard doors in the kitchen to help?

Do you have stairs to your apartment? Can you aim to walk up and down them 10 extra times a day or something?

I love my Fitbit, I have a flex, it really motivates me to move more.

If anyone wants to be friends on Fitbit, I'm up for that

I am into that!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    My confession - now that the 170's aren't too far off I'm going to have to really watch I don't over restrict in an attempt to get their faster.

I just have to keep reminding myself that it took me 20 years to gain this weight so as long as it's gone by next year it's good.

That's amazing. You will get there before you know it!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @riderfangal eee I know the feeling when the guy is nice enough but that spark just isn't there and he keeps trying to touch you haha I hate that! At least you made a new friend and now you don't have to think 'what if' if you hadn't gone!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Yesterday was insanely busy for me, I did not get here at all.....

Last night I had some serious grief bacon again, because weekends are very tense around here because of the silence between me and my SO. I am going to have to try really hard today to not binge on junk because of this stress. Stress eating is one of my biggest weaknesses. This is the third weekend in a row and I do not see it getting better any time soon......

So sorry things are still rocky between you guys. That tense heavy silence is the worst. Hopefully you can hash things out soon.
  • riderfangal
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @riderfangal eee I know the feeling when the guy is nice enough but that spark just isn't there and he keeps trying to touch you haha I hate that! At least you made a new friend and now you don't have to think 'what if' if you hadn't gone!

Lol yep it was pretty awkward and I am actually glad I went! Thank you all for the positive thoughts this week
  • Glinda1971
    Options

There is a mall map, but it doesn't have any distance on it. I've been checking around their website (http://www.dhahranmall.com) but I can't seem to find anything that tells me. -_- I do know that my average walking speed is around 13 minutes per kilometer, so I could probably use that to figure out how long the mall is by checking how long it takes me to make a full lap.

About the stride length... How do I calculate that?

You can google it - there are a couple ways. I just had my husband measure from toe to toe as I took a step - not the most accurate. I think I'm going to re measure using one of the calculators I found online, where you walk a measure distance and count your steps as you do so.
  • Glinda1971
    Options

I've been pestering my husband and telling him that I want a Fitbit, because I think it'll motivate me to move around more so I can "win" steps and calories. ;) He thinks it's an unnecessary fitness gadget, and that I should probably just move around more by myself. :p

So, to motivate me a little (since I've been struggling a lot lately, as you all know, and he's been trying to find ways to help me with it) he gave me a challenge: If I can get my weight down to 65 kg by my birthday, he'll buy me a Fitbit. I'm currently at 69.3, and my birthday is on the eighth of October, which means I have 3.5 months to lose 4.3 kilos--very doable.

So, by putting it out here, I'm hoping you guys will help me stay accountable so I can win myself a Fitbit for my birthday! ;) (He'd probably buy it for me anyway, but I really want to win this challenge.)

Great challenge, you can really focus on the goal. Can you put notes on the cupboard doors in the kitchen to help?

Do you have stairs to your apartment? Can you aim to walk up and down them 10 extra times a day or something?

I am into that!

I'm going to send you a pm with my email so you can add me on Fitbit if you like - I can use all the motivation I can get!!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @Glinda1971 I just sent you an invite on Fitbit! Anyone else who wants to be my Fitbit friend, send me a pm with your email and I'll send you an invite!! :)
    @riderfangal, sorry there was no spark...but you made a new friend!! That's always good! And at least now you know...and won't have to wonder "what if"..
    @Italian_Buju, sorry you're struggling...I know all about emotional/stress eating. It's gotten better just recently but I definitely still have those days! :(
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

I am into that!

I'm going to send you a pm with my email so you can add me on Fitbit if you like - I can use all the motivation I can get!!
    Done!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

Lol yep it was pretty awkward and I am actually glad I went! Thank you all for the positive thoughts this week

That is so awkward!
    I once went on a date and the guy was really into me, and I just was not feeling it....so we had went out for dinner and then went to a club I frequented....I thought he might have clued in when I kept introducing him as my friend and not my date, but he didn't. Finally, he leans into me and tells me how much he likes me....and I decide to be honest, and tell him he is a great guy but I am just not feeling it, that I will dance with him and such the rest of the night but I did not see it going anywhere.....he seemed fine, bought us another round of drinks, and then went to the bathroom, and NEVER RETURNED. He drove, so I was stranded a city away, at a night club. I was not impressed.....
  • riderfangal
    Options

That is so awkward!
    I once went on a date and the guy was really into me, and I just was not feeling it....so we had went out for dinner and then went to a club I frequented....I thought he might have clued in when I kept introducing him as my friend and not my date, but he didn't. Finally, he leans into me and tells me how much he likes me....and I decide to be honest, and tell him he is a great guy but I am just not feeling it, that I will dance with him and such the rest of the night but I did not see it going anywhere.....he seemed fine, bought us another round of drinks, and then went to the bathroom, and NEVER RETURNED. He drove, so I was stranded a city away, at a night club. I was not impressed.....

OMG that's awful. I would have been so mad!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

That is so awkward!
    That's just terrible. Were you stuck there for a while?

That is a beautiful dress @Susieq_1994 ! I can't imagine having to actually walk in something like it though.
    Nice to see that even if there wasn't a spark, you were able to have a decent evening out with friends @riderfangal
    What's Garlic Allmanaise @CountessKitteh ?

My allergies were awful last night. Ugg...

• Glinda1971
    Options

That is so awkward!

I wouldn't be impressed either!!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Would anyone be able to post a link to the group? I never joined, but would like to and can't remember what page it was on. Thanks.