Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Ack I'm 22 pages behind!

I'm in book-mourning as I've just finished the latest book in the Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones for you tv people) and the next one isn't even finished being written. Boo!

I'm not sure if book-mourning is a real phrase, but I know several people on this thread will know exactly what I mean.

If that isn't a real phrase it definitely should be. I know I've felt it before and I probably will again.
    Um
    I totally get book-mourning, especially after a series. (I'm looking at YOU, Rick Riordan!)

ME TOO!!! I read constantly. One of my favorite series is by Patrick Rothfuss. The first book is called The Name of the Wind. The series isn't finished and the waiting for book 3 has been DREADFULLY long.

ETA - Also, The Song of Ice and Fire series is amazing. I totally understand your mourning. Also, I loved Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series! I think we might have similar taste in books!

I didn't read that first series mentioned, you quoted me and another poster (@spamarie). :) I've read Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, his Heroes of Olympus series, and his Kane Chronicles and loved all of them! I really enjoy kid-friendly books that have good plots. :)

Sway by Amber McRee Turner is a really amazing child friendly book. I loved it

Ooh, I LOVE getting book recommendations that I might actually be able to read! Thank you! :)

Have you ever gone back to the classics like Thomas Hardy or Jane Austin? They are all g rated and Thomas Hardy writes beautifully. I like to read him just to experience his writing. And the stories are good too!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Well my son is going to his dads tonight and that is always as most of you guys know super worrisome for me. I am resisting the urge to stop at the grocery store and buy a big bag of chips and maybe some dip and dive in and not surface out them til morning.

I hope this went ok. I worry about your son now too!

Awe thank you Patricia. I think things are going good. I talked to Kypton this morning and he said they were going to the park. I was glad to hear that. 24 hours and he will be home. Just one more night to get through
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    12,047. I did it!!

@riderfangal is tonight your date night?
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Me too!! @Susieq_1994 will you please start one? With your cauliflower rice?

I don't like cooked cauliflower as a rule, but maybe I'll like that.

I don't like many cooked veggies.

PS- 11,627 steps right now.

Woohoo! So close!
    12,047. I did it!!
    ETA: Yay! Looks like you made it!! I posted too soon!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So, I did my 30 minutes of circuit training and followed it with a 4.25 mile run. Not bad for feeling like crap, I guess. @Susieq_1994, does the word "crap" bother you? If so, I apologize and won't use it again.
    Also, @LBuehrle8, I do not think it is selfish in ANY WAY to want to be fit and healthy at any point in your life...whether before or after kids. I am in better shape now than before having my son...20 pounds lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight...and with some muscle too...can see abs for the first time ever. :)

So another confession...I'm tired of hearing about people getting free stuff all the time...my husband and I get nothing, ever!
    So this may be a little pathetic but I don't care..two nights ago (the night before my bday), I signed up for the Dairy Queen Eclub, the Cold Stone Creamery Eclub, and the Amatos Eclub...because I wanted my FREE ice cream, FREE Blizzard, and FREE sandwich for my birthday! We enjoyed Cold Stone last night...and I'll probably swing by Dairy Queen today or tomorrow! I'm also part of the Panera Eclub and will stop by there soon to grab my FREE birthday dessert. I haven't gotten my email with coupon for my Amatos sandwich yet...but I will enjoy that soon too! Yay for free food.

Awesome job on rocking the workouts & free ice cream is never bad:D.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    3rd I my age group today at a local 5k. Won a shirt and $. Yay me!0tcirl7bjif9.jpg

I think this is going to post side ways

ETA yep sideways

Awesome job! Can't go wrong with free prizes.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Good job on the 5k @pofoster21 !
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Me too!! @Susieq_17994 will you please start one? With your cauliflower rice?

Sure, I'll do it when I get on my laptop! :)

For the record, I generally CANNOT STAND cooked cauliflower, so me liking the recipe is a pretty big thing. ;)

Yay, you're so close!! Just 373 left! :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Ack I'm 22 pages behind!

I'm in book-mourning as I've just finished the latest book in the Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones for you tv people) and the next one isn't even finished being written. Boo!

I'm not sure if book-mourning is a real phrase, but I know several people on this thread will know exactly what I mean.

If that isn't a real phrase it definitely should be. I know I've felt it before and I probably will again.
    Um
    I totally get book-mourning, especially after a series. (I'm looking at YOU, Rick Riordan!)

ME TOO!!! I read constantly. One of my favorite series is by Patrick Rothfuss. The first book is called The Name of the Wind. The series isn't finished and the waiting for book 3 has been DREADFULLY long.

ETA - Also, The Song of Ice and Fire series is amazing. I totally understand your mourning. Also, I loved Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series! I think we might have similar taste in books!

I didn't read that first series mentioned, you quoted me and another poster (@spamarie). :) I've read Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, his Heroes of Olympus series, and his Kane Chronicles and loved all of them! I really enjoy kid-friendly books that have good plots. :)

Ooh, I LOVE getting book recommendations that I might actually be able to read! Thank you! :)

Have you ever gone back to the classics like Thomas Hardy or Jane Austin? They are all g rated and Thomas Hardy writes beautifully. I like to read him just to experience his writing. And the stories are good too!

I have read several of them, because we had a huge collection of classics when I was growing up--my sister and I have always been bookworms and my mom was always on the lookout for books we might like. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Me too!! @Susieq_1994 will you please start one? With your cauliflower rice?

Woohoo! So close!
    12,047. I did it!!
    ETA: Yay! Looks like you made it!! I posted too soon!

Oops, me too! Yay, you made it!! :smiley:
  • riderfangal
    Options
    12,047. I did it!!

Good work girl!

Yes it is date night. The nerves are starting to get to me but I have an escape all set up in case it goes badly lol
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Ack I'm 22 pages behind!

Um

I have read several of them, because we had a huge collection of classics when I was growing up--my sister and I have always been bookworms and my mom was always on the lookout for books we might like. :)

Sorry @Susieq_1994 I havent gotten a chance to go through my books yet but I promise I will!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    So many of you have expressed sadness and sent good thoughts and hugs my way after the tragedy today that quoting all of you would be impossible. But I want to say thank you all, and you honestly give me hope that not all humans are as bad/terrible as I tend to think they are; many of you have restored some faith in humanity for me.

Sorry I am a bit late with this but you were the first person I thought of when I saw the headlines. XOXOX
  • Oberon21
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    I'm sorry guys, I have to skip the last 50 pages or so... I've had a very rough last couple of days. My husband had a seizure and ended up at the ER three days ago. It was a very traumatic experience for both of us. Long story short, hes okay now, but we're both shook up and scared. Hope everyone is doing alright

So sorry this happened and I am glad he is ok. Take care of yourself!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I'm practically running the thread all on my own right now :D I own this page and probably half the page before it... I think I should go to sleep. O.o

But before I leave, guys: REMEMBER THE FLUFFY PUPPIES. Maintain fluffy puppiness at all costs! And with that... I bid you all adieu for the night (well, morning actually). ;)

5fede5af64eb94833ecda2988a94ce2bad56692171031273e3f069a2ec2ba337.jpg

• Susieq_1994
    Options
    Ack I'm 22 pages behind!

Um

Sorry @Susieq_1994 I havent gotten a chance to go through my books yet but I promise I will!

No worries, take your time! I'm really enjoying "Sway". :) I'm about halfway through it already. ;)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I'm practically running the thread all on my own right now :D I own this page and probably half the page before it... I think I should go to sleep. O.o

But before I leave, guys: REMEMBER THE FLUFFY PUPPIES. Maintain fluffy puppiness at all costs! And with that... I bid you all adieu for the night (well, morning actually). ;)

5fede5af64eb94833ecda2988a94ce2bad56692171031273e3f069a2ec2ba337.jpg

This is perfect! ;)
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Ack I'm 22 pages behind!

Um

No worries, take your time! I'm really enjoying "Sway". :) I'm about halfway through it already. ;)

Yay. I am so glad you like it!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    12,047. I did it!!

Good work girl!

Yes it is date night. The nerves are starting to get to me but I have an escape all set up in case it goes badly lol

Think positive! And have a great time!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    12,047. I did it!!

Great job!