Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    @riderfangal Thanks for the book recommendation! I will check it out. (I know you were recommending it for @Susieq_1994 , but I'm swooping in and stealing it. Hee hee) If you like the young adult fantasty/fiction genre, you might like a series by Laini Taylor called the Daughter of Smoke & Bone. :)
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Confession: Tomorrow I'm going to drive for the first time in 3+ years. Kind of scared about it. I never was one for driving much, but it was nice to grocery shop, etc. for myself without depending on someone else. Hopefully this will be a step towards getting a car in the future.

Good luck, I hope all goes well!

• hnsaunde
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    I'm sorry guys, I have to skip the last 50 pages or so... I've had a very rough last couple of days. My husband had a seizure and ended up at the ER three days ago. It was a very traumatic experience for both of us. Long story short, hes okay now, but we're both shook up and scared. Hope everyone is doing alright

I'm glad he's doing okay now!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Don't share ALL, Mo. We're not that kind of girls. :D

My confession today: I am playing hooky from work. Ninety minutes on my elliptical while watching Extreme Weight Loss, and now I'm laying in my jet tub with a cup of coffee...and you guys. :o

So jealous right now

I am also jealous. I didn't work Monday, but this has felt like the longest week ever! I can't wait to get out here in just under 2 hours. It's +30 out today and I NEED to be sitting on a deck having a drink! (after the gym, of course :wink: )

This is also my plan, and my workout room is in my condo, which sits around 28 degrees in this heat (I'm in Calgary), so the workout is going to be extra challenging on its own. Extra sweat never hurt anyone right? I'm thinking of hanging out at my parents house solely due to the fact that they have air conditioning until it cools down this evening.

My parents do too, and I think I'll be spending some time there this weekend lol.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    So many of you have expressed sadness and sent good thoughts and hugs my way after the tragedy today that quoting all of you would be impossible. But I want to say thank you all, and you honestly give me hope that not all humans are as bad/terrible as I tend to think they are; many of you have restored some faith in humanity for me.

I have to believe that not all humans are bad, unfortunately the bad ones are the ones that make the news :disappointed:
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    @riderfangal Thanks for the book recommendation! I will check it out. (I know you were recommending it for @Susieq_1994 , but I'm swooping in and stealing it. Hee hee) If you like the young adult fantasty/fiction genre, you might like a series by Laini Taylor called the Daughter of Smoke & Bone. :)

Steal away :smile: Let me know if you like it and I will check out the one you recommended as well
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @hnsaunde welcome!!

@annette_15 glad your husband is feeling better.

@orangesmartie glad you had a better day!

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Ack I'm 22 pages behind!

I'm in book-mourning as I've just finished the latest book in the Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones for you tv people) and the next one isn't even finished being written. Boo!

I'm not sure if book-mourning is a real phrase, but I know several people on this thread will know exactly what I mean.

If that isn't a real phrase it definitely should be. I know I've felt it before and I probably will again.

I totally get book-mourning, especially after a series. (I'm looking at YOU, Rick Riordan!)

ME TOO!!! I read constantly. One of my favorite series is by Patrick Rothfuss. The first book is called The Name of the Wind. The series isn't finished and the waiting for book 3 has been DREADFULLY long.

ETA - Also, The Song of Ice and Fire series is amazing. I totally understand your mourning. Also, I loved Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series! I think we might have similar taste in books!

I didn't read that first series mentioned, you quoted me and another poster (@spamarie). :) I've read Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, his Heroes of Olympus series, and his Kane Chronicles and loved all of them! I really enjoy kid-friendly books that have good plots. :)

Sway by Amber McRee Turner is a really amazing child friendly book. I loved it

Ooh, I LOVE getting book recommendations that I might actually be able to read! Thank you! :)

I actually went through my Kindle the other day and was going to write down all the one I thought you might like but I thought you might think that was weird :)

I definitely wouldn't! I love to read, but there are so few books that I'm able to read due to my phobia, and I'm also afraid to go LOOKING for books because I don't know how to determine how "safe" they are. I'd love any recommendations you could give me. :)
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    Oh, also not so much a confession, but I know there was a lot of discussion about cauliflower as a substitute for things on this thread a few (well a lot of) pages back... I finally got around to making 'cauliflower rice' (aka cauliflower haha) and had it with curry I made from scratch. Consider me converted, it's amaaaazingggg. So few calories, so much yumminess!

Told you so! ;) I was the one who brought that up, actually; I'd be happy to share my mixed fried cauliflower rice recipe if you want to try another one! :)

Oh that sounds delicious! @Susieq_1994 - would you please share the mixed fried cauliflower rice recipe? Also, if you have a recipe for a cauliflower-type cheesy fake mashed potato dish, I'd love that, too!

Sure, I'll send it to you in a private message. :) I'm personally not a fan of replacing potatoes with cauliflower (I don't think the taste or texture come close enough), so I've never tried that particular substitution. But the rice is really close, enough that you hardly notice the difference at all!

@KrisiAnnH I'll send it to you as well. ;)
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Ack I'm 22 pages behind!

I'm in book-mourning as I've just finished the latest book in the Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones for you tv people) and the next one isn't even finished being written. Boo!

I'm not sure if book-mourning is a real phrase, but I know several people on this thread will know exactly what I mean.

If that isn't a real phrase it definitely should be. I know I've felt it before and I probably will again.

I totally get book-mourning, especially after a series. (I'm looking at YOU, Rick Riordan!)

ME TOO!!! I read constantly. One of my favorite series is by Patrick Rothfuss. The first book is called The Name of the Wind. The series isn't finished and the waiting for book 3 has been DREADFULLY long.

ETA - Also, The Song of Ice and Fire series is amazing. I totally understand your mourning. Also, I loved Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series! I think we might have similar taste in books!

I didn't read that first series mentioned, you quoted me and another poster (@spamarie). :) I've read Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, his Heroes of Olympus series, and his Kane Chronicles and loved all of them! I really enjoy kid-friendly books that have good plots. :)

Ooh, I LOVE getting book recommendations that I might actually be able to read! Thank you! :)

I actually went through my Kindle the other day and was going to write down all the one I thought you might like but I thought you might think that was weird :)

I definitely wouldn't! I love to read, but there are so few books that I'm able to read due to my phobia, and I'm also afraid to go LOOKING for books because I don't know how to determine how "safe" they are. I'd love any recommendations you could give me. :)
    Oh, also not so much a confession, but I know there was a lot of discussion about cauliflower as a substitute for things on this thread a few (well a lot of) pages back... I finally got around to making 'cauliflower rice' (aka cauliflower haha) and had it with curry I made from scratch. Consider me converted, it's amaaaazingggg. So few calories, so much yumminess!

Told you so! ;) I was the one who brought that up, actually; I'd be happy to share my mixed fried cauliflower rice recipe if you want to try another one! :)

Oh that sounds delicious! @Susieq_1994 - would you please share the mixed fried cauliflower rice recipe? Also, if you have a recipe for a cauliflower-type cheesy fake mashed potato dish, I'd love that, too!

Sure, I'll send it to you in a private message. :) I'm personally not a fan of replacing potatoes with cauliflower (I don't think the taste or texture come close enough), so I've never tried that particular substitution. But the rice is really close, enough that you hardly notice the difference at all!

Someone may have already done this, but maybe a recipe thread in the group would be a good idea?

• Susieq_1994
    Options
    @JThurman3 If you enjoyed Rick Riordan's book series, I highly recommend the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull. I really, really loved it. Another pretty awesome one that I really enjoyed is the Septimus Heap series by Angie Sage, and the Black Magician trilogy by Trudi Canavan. All super amazing. :)
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I am wearing a skirt today (which happens maybe twice a year) and every time I go in the bathroom I check out my butt and do a little shake thing because I like the way the skirt moves :blush:
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Ack I'm 22 pages behind!

Someone may have already done this, but maybe a recipe thread in the group would be a good idea?

It hasn't been done, but it IS a pretty good idea! Recipes tend to fly around here--I know I've shared tons of them with people in this thread, both through PM and through just posting them here. :)
  • hnsaunde
    Options
    @Susieq_1994, have you tried the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare? If the Percy Jackson books are okay for you, that series might be too, and they're also young adult fantasy/fiction.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994, have you tried the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare? If the Percy Jackson books are okay for you, that series might be too, and they're also young adult fantasy/fiction.

I've never heard of it, but I'll look it up. :)
  • jthurman3
    Options
    @JThurman3 If you enjoyed Rick Riordan's book series, I highly recommend the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull. I really, really loved it. Another pretty awesome one that I really enjoyed is the Septimus Heap series by Angie Sage, and the Black Magician trilogy by Trudi Canavan. All super amazing. :)

Awesome!! Thanks for the recommendations! I will check them out! I LOVE book recommendations. :)
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    @riderfangal - Is your date tomorrow? Do you know what your going to wear or what you're doing?

It is tomorrow. My stomach is turning already. I think we are just going to go to a lounge and watch a football game. I am a huge fan and he likes it too. I am actually really glad it is going to be low key. Honestly part of me is super excited and the other part is dreading it lol

Have fun :)!

Have a great time & try to just focus on the excited part!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Well my son is going to his dads tonight and that is always as most of you guys know super worrisome for me. I am resisting the urge to stop at the grocery store and buy a big bag of chips and maybe some dip and dive in and not surface out them til morning.
  • riderfangal
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    @riderfangal - Is your date tomorrow? Do you know what your going to wear or what you're doing?

It is tomorrow. My stomach is turning already. I think we are just going to go to a lounge and watch a football game. I am a huge fan and he likes it too. I am actually really glad it is going to be low key. Honestly part of me is super excited and the other part is dreading it lol

Have fun :)!

Have a great time & try to just focus on the excited part!

Thanks guys!! I will give it my best shot.
  • jthurman3
    Options
    @riderfangal Good luck tonight! For me, having the "house to myself" used to mean "license to binge without anyone noticing." I would eat lots of junk and veg out in front of the TV. Those habits are still really ingrained in me, to the point where if I think I'll have some alone time, my first thought is "what can I eat?" I'm working really hard to change this, though.

I'm a boredom/emotional eater, so a night alone if I was feeling worried about something would be a recipe for a pint of ice cream, chips with cheese dip and pizza!