Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    How is tomorrow the day we leave for our belated honeymoon?! How did it get here so fast? I CANNOT wait to spend some serious quality time with the person I love most in this world. I don't think he knows what he's gotten himself into.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    @riderfangal The potty training is a work in progress lol. She did it that one time, but hasn't done it since. I've started a new tactic, making her change her pull ups instead of me doing it. Someone suggested doing that in the hopes she would get tired of doing that and want to use the potty instead.

@Susieq_1994 I honestly have no words that can express how heartbreaking that is. I hope that one day the fighting will end! :cry:
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Is anyone here from Louisiana?
  • artisticjen
    artisticjen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Confession: Tomorrow I'm going to drive for the first time in 3+ years. Kind of scared about it. I never was one for driving much, but it was nice to grocery shop, etc. for myself without depending on someone else. Hopefully this will be a step towards getting a car in the future.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Stepdaughter was a no show. Again. A friend at my work suggested showing up where she works since she won't return messages from either one of us. I hate that it's come to this.

I wish I had words of wisdom. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this. I suspect step daughter is very messed up right now but that does not make your path any more clear. (HUGS)

Thanks. When I was talking to Mr. Mo, he said that the way she's acting right now reminds him of the way her mom acted when they were together. Thanks for the hugs.

That really stinks! What are you going to do with the cat while you're gone?

I messaged her last night and told her she has until today to come get her because Rach is staying with my mom and taking the dogs. She didn't respond, so I'm not really sure. Mr. Mo said that he thinks if we take her to the humane society, stepdaughter will never speak to him again, and I told him that's why I haven't done it yet. I really don't know what to do...

She has abandoned that cat. She clearly does not care about it and it deserves a chance at a good home. If that causes her to stop speaking to him, even after clearly telling her you can no longer care for it, then she is looking for an excuse and if it is not that, it will be something else. Please take that cat to the HS before you leave.

i agree with this.

i feel so terrible for you AND the cat, because neither of you asked for or deserve the mess you're stuck in.
    and if that's how she's going to treat her cat, she doesn't deserve to have a pet.

i really hope you'll be able to push this all out of your head for a bit so you can have a great vacation!

I totally agree. I plan on not thinking about any of the stepdaughter drama the whole time we're gone.

Did you get your key back or have someone housesitting while you are gone? Or both?
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    ok guys I am on the fence about something. I got asked out on a date this weekend. I don't date because in reality I don't have a lot of free time and I am certainly not wanting to take any time away from my son. But in spite of all this I am considering going. What's a girl to do?

Do you like date asker guy? If the answer is yes, then I say GO FOR IT!

I do like said guy lol

Well, then, buy yourself something pretty (sexy, but tasteful) and go and enjoy yourself. If you just get a meal and decent conversation but it doesn't go anywhere, at least you have a pretty new dress to wear later. But if it DOES go somewhere, I think we all expect to be invited to the wedding. :smiley:

Hmmm sexy sounds like something I haven't done in a long time :) And of course you would all be invited honestly I feel closer to you guys lately than most of the people IRL :)

You HAVE to show us your choices before choosing though. I LOVE helping people pick out clothes and I've NEVER helped anyone get ready for a date before, well, besides myself of course. :smiley:

The bold part: me too!

Mo, I just ordered a couple of dresses from Modcloth for a wedding and I'm not sure which I want to wear! It's an afternoon ceremony but evening reception at a mountain lodge, so I went for more "fun" than "formal"...

This pink one
    Or this black embellished one (comes with straps)

When they actually arrive it might turn out that I hate the fit of one or both, but I couldn't decide and had to order both. All my cocktail dresses are either very winter-y (long sleeves, heavy fabrics, etc.) or too big, or make me look like a waitress (because I have an extensive collection of black cocktail dresses that I wore while bartending.)

There's a crazy four-hour gap between the ceremony and cocktail hour, though, so we were going to change, go for a hike, and come back and change back, so maybe I'll wear the pink one for the ceremony and the peacock one for the reception? Is that attention-grabby or weird?

I love love LOVE that peacock dress! But... I'm old school, so no black (or white) at weddings for me. Or is that concept passé now?

Black is very commonly worn at evening weddings here (at least the formal, hotel ballroom or whatever kind.) But I've read it's less common in the American South and in smaller cities/rural areas (where it's more traditional, I guess.) I even see black bridesmaids dresses quite often now.
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @peleroja both of those dress are AWESOME!! I'd wear the formal one for the ceremony and the fun one for the reception where you'll be dancing the night away!! That's just my opinion though, both dresses are fabulous, you have excellent taste!!

I thought the polka dots were more "daytime" than evening - I guess maybe I think it's weird to wear a black dress like that for an afternoon thing? Especially for an outdoor ceremony?

This is not my realm of expertise, though, because I normally just go to work events and wear the same couple of navy or black super conservative dresses, all high neck and sleeves and stuff.

I agree with you: I'd wear the pink one for the ceremony and the black one at night. That one would be super fun to dance in and if anyone even implies that you're taking attention away from the bride maybe tell a little white lie and say you spilled something on the pink one.

Or, maybe I'm a terrible person for thinking this way? Personally, I don't care about weddings being ALL about the bride. They eat up an enormous amount of my time on a weekend, so I'm going to look good and enjoy it!

I'm pretty much that person too because I mostly hate weddings so it's hard to have a good time. Even my own was hard to deal with and it was tiny and very nontraditional. But the whole spend a whole weekend, drive (or fly) for hours, get an expensive hotel room, wait around forever between the ceremony and reception, eat a mass-produced hunk of chicken or "prime rib" at a table full of people you barely know with a glass of mediocre Merlot, sit through hard-to-hear speeches and bouquet tossing and dances and "funny stories" while drunk randos get gropey and terrible music plays...is just not my idea of a good time.

I attend happily for people I really care about because I love them, but I'm always kind of shocked when I hear someone say they like weddings. Everything about them (apart from the actual ceremonies, which are usually nice) makes me unhappy.

Could NOT agree with you more! My husband and I are really role reversed in almost every aspect, including this one. He LOVES weddings. He gets way too excited and spends way more time figuring out what he's going to wear than I do. I dread them.

And, I've worn black to the past two weddings we've gone to. It's easier to wear for an all-day thing that involves food and drinks. Much more forgiving if someone bumps into you and causes a spill.

I'm exactly the same way. I hate attention, dressing up, and having people look at me. I don't dance, the vegetarian meals are usually not very good/filling, I don't drink...the list goes on and on.
    When we have gone to weddings, I have worn black every time.

Yes ma'am! We are twins. I do drink, but I'm very careful at weddings. Nothing like being unsteady on my high heels to completely ruin a whole look! Plus, if I am the designated driver I have more say over how long we stay.

All of this! Having people look at me and making conversation with people I don't know well, wedding food, etc etc...they're such terrible events for me. I'm also horrified by the expense and the wastefulness. The idea of spending $30,000 on one party makes me die a little inside. I just...you could do so much with that money! I don't care if that's judge-y (as it's not directed towards anyone in this thread...) I just don't get it.

And re: cake...you're all wonderful people and all, but wedding cake is definitely not sufficient compensation for having to attend an entire wedding reception, haha.

Most of the time it's not even good cake, just sickly sweet and covered in stale fondant. Such a sad dessert.

I do like the "dessert table" trend, though...but still. Definitely doesn't soothe my wedding pain.

My friend - who happens to be a trained pastry chef (!!!!) - is making our cake as her gift to us. She's going to make her basics, and the if I decide that the spice cake should be cinnamony-er or something, she'll adjust.

I am a bit over excited by the fact that I will not have terrible wedding food. Because that's what's going to save me from boredom. ;)

Food tasting has been our favorite part of wedding planning so far! haha. we're actually having a pie buffet instead of cake, because neither of us are big cake fans. And we found a local pie store that makes DELICIOUS pies. The hardest part was deciding which five flavors we wanted!

For food we went with a local caterer who works out of a kitchen at her farm, and focuses on fresh, local ingredients. I'm so so so excited. And she's ordering bread from a local bakery, so it'll all be fresh and delicious. Yum! I hope people end up liking it, I'd hate for everyone to think that we had bland, so-so wedding food.
  • LH85DC
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    ok guys I am on the fence about something. I got asked out on a date this weekend. I don't date because in reality I don't have a lot of free time and I am certainly not wanting to take any time away from my son. But in spite of all this I am considering going. What's a girl to do?

I do like said guy lol

Well, then, buy yourself something pretty (sexy, but tasteful) and go and enjoy yourself. If you just get a meal and decent conversation but it doesn't go anywhere, at least you have a pretty new dress to wear later. But if it DOES go somewhere, I think we all expect to be invited to the wedding. :smiley:

Hmmm sexy sounds like something I haven't done in a long time :) And of course you would all be invited honestly I feel closer to you guys lately than most of the people IRL :)

You HAVE to show us your choices before choosing though. I LOVE helping people pick out clothes and I've NEVER helped anyone get ready for a date before, well, besides myself of course. :smiley:

Mo, I just ordered a couple of dresses from Modcloth for a wedding and I'm not sure which I want to wear! It's an afternoon ceremony but evening reception at a mountain lodge, so I went for more "fun" than "formal"...

This pink one

When they actually arrive it might turn out that I hate the fit of one or both, but I couldn't decide and had to order both. All my cocktail dresses are either very winter-y (long sleeves, heavy fabrics, etc.) or too big, or make me look like a waitress (because I have an extensive collection of black cocktail dresses that I wore while bartending.)

There's a crazy four-hour gap between the ceremony and cocktail hour, though, so we were going to change, go for a hike, and come back and change back, so maybe I'll wear the pink one for the ceremony and the peacock one for the reception? Is that attention-grabby or weird?

I love love LOVE that peacock dress! But... I'm old school, so no black (or white) at weddings for me. Or is that concept passé now?

Black is very commonly worn at evening weddings here (at least the formal, hotel ballroom or whatever kind.) But I've read it's less common in the American South and in smaller cities/rural areas (where it's more traditional, I guess.) I even see black bridesmaids dresses quite often now.
    @peleroja both of those dress are AWESOME!! I'd wear the formal one for the ceremony and the fun one for the reception where you'll be dancing the night away!! That's just my opinion though, both dresses are fabulous, you have excellent taste!!

I thought the polka dots were more "daytime" than evening - I guess maybe I think it's weird to wear a black dress like that for an afternoon thing? Especially for an outdoor ceremony?

This is not my realm of expertise, though, because I normally just go to work events and wear the same couple of navy or black super conservative dresses, all high neck and sleeves and stuff.

I agree with you: I'd wear the pink one for the ceremony and the black one at night. That one would be super fun to dance in and if anyone even implies that you're taking attention away from the bride maybe tell a little white lie and say you spilled something on the pink one.

Or, maybe I'm a terrible person for thinking this way? Personally, I don't care about weddings being ALL about the bride. They eat up an enormous amount of my time on a weekend, so I'm going to look good and enjoy it!

I'm pretty much that person too because I mostly hate weddings so it's hard to have a good time. Even my own was hard to deal with and it was tiny and very nontraditional. But the whole spend a whole weekend, drive (or fly) for hours, get an expensive hotel room, wait around forever between the ceremony and reception, eat a mass-produced hunk of chicken or "prime rib" at a table full of people you barely know with a glass of mediocre Merlot, sit through hard-to-hear speeches and bouquet tossing and dances and "funny stories" while drunk randos get gropey and terrible music plays...is just not my idea of a good time.

I attend happily for people I really care about because I love them, but I'm always kind of shocked when I hear someone say they like weddings. Everything about them (apart from the actual ceremonies, which are usually nice) makes me unhappy.

Could NOT agree with you more! My husband and I are really role reversed in almost every aspect, including this one. He LOVES weddings. He gets way too excited and spends way more time figuring out what he's going to wear than I do. I dread them.

And, I've worn black to the past two weddings we've gone to. It's easier to wear for an all-day thing that involves food and drinks. Much more forgiving if someone bumps into you and causes a spill.

I'm exactly the same way. I hate attention, dressing up, and having people look at me. I don't dance, the vegetarian meals are usually not very good/filling, I don't drink...the list goes on and on.

Yes ma'am! We are twins. I do drink, but I'm very careful at weddings. Nothing like being unsteady on my high heels to completely ruin a whole look! Plus, if I am the designated driver I have more say over how long we stay.

All of this! Having people look at me and making conversation with people I don't know well, wedding food, etc etc...they're such terrible events for me. I'm also horrified by the expense and the wastefulness. The idea of spending $30,000 on one party makes me die a little inside. I just...you could do so much with that money! I don't care if that's judge-y (as it's not directed towards anyone in this thread...) I just don't get it.

And re: cake...you're all wonderful people and all, but wedding cake is definitely not sufficient compensation for having to attend an entire wedding reception, haha.

Most of the time it's not even good cake, just sickly sweet and covered in stale fondant. Such a sad dessert.

I do like the "dessert table" trend, though...but still. Definitely doesn't soothe my wedding pain.

My friend - who happens to be a trained pastry chef (!!!!) - is making our cake as her gift to us. She's going to make her basics, and the if I decide that the spice cake should be cinnamony-er or something, she'll adjust.

I am a bit over excited by the fact that I will not have terrible wedding food. Because that's what's going to save me from boredom. ;)

Food tasting has been our favorite part of wedding planning so far! haha. we're actually having a pie buffet instead of cake, because neither of us are big cake fans. And we found a local pie store that makes DELICIOUS pies. The hardest part was deciding which five flavors we wanted!

For food we went with a local caterer who works out of a kitchen at her farm, and focuses on fresh, local ingredients. I'm so so so excited. And she's ordering bread from a local bakery, so it'll all be fresh and delicious. Yum! I hope people end up liking it, I'd hate for everyone to think that we had bland, so-so wedding food.

Oh, and I forgot- we decided not to do traditional appetizers for the first hour of the reception. We're going to have a popcorn bar! (see yesterday's post for more on my obsession with popcorn). We rented a popcorn machine, and are going to have a variety of fillers (m&ms, reese's pieces, pretzel bits, etc) and different seasonings. I'm still looking for recommendations on seasonings (beyond white cheddar) if anyone has any suggestions!
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options

I do like said guy lol

This pink one

Oh, and I forgot- we decided not to do traditional appetizers for the first hour of the reception. We're going to have a popcorn bar! (see yesterday's post for more on my obsession with popcorn). We rented a popcorn machine, and are going to have a variety of fillers (m&ms, reese's pieces, pretzel bits, etc) and different seasonings. I'm still looking for recommendations on seasonings (beyond white cheddar) if anyone has any suggestions!

Costco makes a caramel and cheddar cheese mix, if you can replicate those seasonings they'd be super tasty too!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

I do like said guy lol

This pink one

This girl loves her popcorn. I like the sour cream and onion flavour or an all dressed. Recently I tried taco seasoning on it and it was delicious!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

I do like said guy lol

This pink one

-Butter
    -Melted caramel or caramel sauce
    -Melted chocolate (milk, dark, and white)
    I've seen ranch seasoning, but idk if that would be good or not. I do know that butter, caramel, and chocolate make wonderful seasonings! ;)
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

I do like said guy lol

This pink one

I love this idea! Coconut oil and curry powder is a favorite of mine. Also, smoked paprika is a great seasoning. Sounds weird, I know, but got it at a bar in St. Louis once, and it's become part of my regular popcorn seasoning rotation. A fellow popcorn-lover friend got this cookbook and said it had a lot of fun seasoning recipes: http://www.amazon.com/Popcorn-Patrick-Evans-Hylton/dp/1570615799
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry guys, I have to skip the last 50 pages or so... I've had a very rough last couple of days. My husband had a seizure and ended up at the ER three days ago. It was a very traumatic experience for both of us. Long story short, hes okay now, but we're both shook up and scared. Hope everyone is doing alright
  • LH85DC
    edited June 2015
    Options

I do like said guy lol

This pink one

This girl loves her popcorn. I like the sour cream and onion flavour or an all dressed. Recently I tried taco seasoning on it and it was delicious!

Taco seasoning sounds like a great idea! and @hnsaunde caramel and cheddar sounds wonderful - I wonder if there's a way that we can add caramel flavors to the popcorn bar without having to actually make caramel corn...
    @WestCoastJo82 smoked paprika would be great! I even have a bourbon smoked paprika, might go well since bourbon is going to be our signature cocktail (assuming we sort through all the liquor license details)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    My daughter is doing well overall. She is with her dad tonight. She called me, "mom, you were right, I started watching TV and I ate two waffles after dinner. I feel like a walrus." I talked her down and left her feeling better. We have noticed that TV seems to be an eating trigger with her so she took netflix off her phone (which is where she was watching so much, while eating.) She agreed that we'd go for a jog in the morning before work so she didn't have to stress over those calories. I added up what she ate today in my head and I think even with those calories she was at about 1300-1600 calories. That is about right for her especially as we didn't work out today. I told her that she may have eaten too much at one time and for the wrong reasons but that she didn't overeat today. She felt better about that too.

At work today, my daughter looked me over- daughter "Mom, I like those jeans do you think they come in my size?" Me "Yes, we can go look for them this weekend, I'd like another pair too." (Note - daughter is 1 inch taller and about 5 - 6 pounds lighter than me, she's one jean size smaller and I have more butt and hip, but I didn't want to point that out to her because although she does not think I need to lose weight she struggles with thinking she is fat and her logic seems to be that if I'm ok and she's wearing a smaller size than me then it is easier for her to accept herself.) The NSV was teen daughter liked the jeans I bought in Macy's petite section - Levi's. :smiley: Another side note - the ONLY person she judges for anything is herself, she has friends she adores of all shapes, sizes, genders, colors, and orientations. I am working on her not talking so negatively about herself. It is slow going.

Wow!! I think you are an amazing mom. I have a daughter and while I hope and pray that her life is perfect, I know it won't be and when she has trouble, I truly hope I can be half as supportive and understanding as you are for yours.

Aww thanks. I have a horrible relationship with my mom so I try to give my daughter what she needs. She's a good almost adult teen.

You are an amazing mom @nonoelmo

I agree with this. :) It would have been so much more awesome growing up if my mother was like you! :open_mouth:

Confession: I'm feeling pretty down and depressed today, as mentioned on my status. I tried doing some exercise and watching Phineas and Ferb (No judging, I'm a kid at heart! ;)), but it didn't help much. I honestly feel like I'm going to mess up today and I'm worried that the feeling is right and I'm going to give into it and kill my calories after managing to AT LEAST stick within maintenance for this whole week so far. :(

Also, I'm pretty upset; I just found out that ISIS has blown up another mosque in Kuwait. They blow up one of our holy buildings on the most holy day of the week in THE MOST HOLY MONTH OF THE YEAR, killing Muslims left and right with no regard for life, and people still dare to point their fingers at us and say that Islam is responsible for ISIS.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if I were told that they've raped, tortured, and killed more Muslims than non-Muslims. They are NOT Islamists or Muslim extremists or jihadists or any other label that contains Islam in it, no matter what they might say--they're just a bunch of disgusting murderers. Not that someone who kills a non-Muslim isn't a murderer--killing innocent people is haraam in Islam REGARDLESS of their religion, and anyone who kills them is a disgusting murderer as well; I just hate that people dare to even TRY to blame Muslims for the horrible acts of ISIS when they're mass murdering Muslims TOO, and in their own places of worship.

Thanks for letting me vent. :(

I'm new here, but have been reading this thread for a couple weeks and feel a little like I know you all. Susieq - my heart breaks for the innocent lives lost in the terrorist attacks. :-( And I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said. I am ready for the world to change - for our interactions with each other to be about love, about connection, about common experience and community. Despite our beliefs, every one of us is human. We each need love and acceptance and compassion and help sometimes. Hugs to you on this difficult day and I hope you find something to smile about that will keep you going today.

That was beautifully said
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    hnsaunde wrote: »

I do like said guy lol

This pink one

Costco makes a caramel and cheddar cheese mix, if you can replicate those seasonings they'd be super tasty too!

@hnsaunde, welcome to the thread! I've seen you post several times, but I'm too busy today to reply to anyone yet.

My thoughts are with everyone! Sorry to make such a blanket statement, but I'm short on time. Hoping to catch up over the weekend.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Confession
    I don't know what got into me. I sort of (ok I actually) agreed to ride Cycle Oregon with my SO next year. "With" means he'll ride it at his pace and I'll ride it at my pace and we'll be together when not riding. "With" means if there is a harder route he'll take it and if there is an easier route I'll take it. I'm not quite sure how I agreed to this. I have not done a trip like this since I was 15 years old...

This is awesome!!! I live in the Pacific NW and have always wanted to do Cycle Oregon, but lacked the funds, the endurance, or the vacation time to give it a try.

I've been lurking this thread for awhile now and have enjoyed the support, kindness, and honesty on display here. :-)

Confession - This is my first post ever on this site. I'm somewhat antisocial - I don't really seek out lots of friends or acquaintances, preferring my few close friends/family to having lots of surface-type relationships with others. So my only friends on MFP are people I actually know IRL. That's not a very good confession. Hmmmm... I love ice cream to the point that if I buy it, I will eat it. All of it. Now.

I'm lucky to have a wonderfully supportive husband and family as I work to get fit again.

Lastly - My profile pic is about 9 years old. Being in shape again like that is where I'd like to be again. It is my inspiration for doing all the work it takes to get from where I am now to where I'd like to be.

Hi & Welcome! I like the idea of your profile pic, that's great inspiration! and it means you see it everytime you log in!
    Hey all, just checking in. Better day today. Meds taken, done lots of walking, had naughty treat (for breakfast no less), and chilling out this evening.

The good news is I've lost 4 of the 5lbs I gained in my pity-party binge cycle

Glad you've had a better day today :) and that's great! Well done! :)
    Also, I'm pretty upset; I just found out that ISIS has blown up another mosque in Kuwait. They blow up one of our holy buildings on the most holy day of the week in THE MOST HOLY MONTH OF THE YEAR, killing Muslims left and right with no regard for life, and people still dare to point their fingers at us and say that Islam is responsible for ISIS.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if I were told that they've raped, tortured, and killed more Muslims than non-Muslims. They are NOT Islamists or Muslim extremists or jihadists or any other label that contains Islam in it, no matter what they might say--they're just a bunch of disgusting murderers. Not that someone who kills a non-Muslim isn't a murderer--killing innocent people is haraam in Islam REGARDLESS of their religion, and anyone who kills them is a disgusting murderer as well; I just hate that people dare to even TRY to blame Muslims for the horrible acts of ISIS when they're mass murdering Muslims TOO, and in their own places of worship.

Thanks for letting me vent. :(

I'm horrified. Words fail me. I'm saddened and angered and appalled and so many other emotions that there are people that behave like this in the world.

Huge huge hugs, thinking of you. Cant imagine how heartbreaking it must be <3
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Ack I'm 22 pages behind!

I'm in book-mourning as I've just finished the latest book in the Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones for you tv people) and the next one isn't even finished being written. Boo!

I'm not sure if book-mourning is a real phrase, but I know several people on this thread will know exactly what I mean.

If that isn't a real phrase it definitely should be. I know I've felt it before and I probably will again.

I totally get book-mourning, especially after a series. (I'm looking at YOU, Rick Riordan!)

ME TOO!!! I read constantly. One of my favorite series is by Patrick Rothfuss. The first book is called The Name of the Wind. The series isn't finished and the waiting for book 3 has been DREADFULLY long.

ETA - Also, The Song of Ice and Fire series is amazing. I totally understand your mourning. Also, I loved Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series! I think we might have similar taste in books!

I didn't read that first series mentioned, you quoted me and another poster (@spamarie). :) I've read Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, his Heroes of Olympus series, and his Kane Chronicles and loved all of them! I really enjoy kid-friendly books that have good plots. :)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Stepdaughter was a no show. Again. A friend at my work suggested showing up where she works since she won't return messages from either one of us. I hate that it's come to this.

I wish I had words of wisdom. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this. I suspect step daughter is very messed up right now but that does not make your path any more clear. (HUGS)

Thanks. When I was talking to Mr. Mo, he said that the way she's acting right now reminds him of the way her mom acted when they were together. Thanks for the hugs.

That really stinks! What are you going to do with the cat while you're gone?

I messaged her last night and told her she has until today to come get her because Rach is staying with my mom and taking the dogs. She didn't respond, so I'm not really sure. Mr. Mo said that he thinks if we take her to the humane society, stepdaughter will never speak to him again, and I told him that's why I haven't done it yet. I really don't know what to do...

She has abandoned that cat. She clearly does not care about it and it deserves a chance at a good home. If that causes her to stop speaking to him, even after clearly telling her you can no longer care for it, then she is looking for an excuse and if it is not that, it will be something else. Please take that cat to the HS before you leave.

i agree with this.

i feel so terrible for you AND the cat, because neither of you asked for or deserve the mess you're stuck in.
    and if that's how she's going to treat her cat, she doesn't deserve to have a pet.

i really hope you'll be able to push this all out of your head for a bit so you can have a great vacation!

I totally agree. I plan on not thinking about any of the stepdaughter drama the whole time we're gone.

Did you get your key back or have someone housesitting while you are gone? Or both?

Not yet. I told her I needed it back so I could give it to Rachael. I'm sure my mom would housesit for us no problem, I just didn't think to ask her. I will do that tonight. I'm also going to have Mr. Mo change the garage code.

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    I'm sorry guys, I have to skip the last 50 pages or so... I've had a very rough last couple of days. My husband had a seizure and ended up at the ER three days ago. It was a very traumatic experience for both of us. Long story short, hes okay now, but we're both shook up and scared. Hope everyone is doing alright

Wow sorry about your hubby. Sure hope he is ok. Sending some positive thoughts your way!!
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options

I do like said guy lol

This pink one

Cant say we have as much range popcorn-flavour wise as you guys across the pond, but I love cinnamon sugar seasoning :) Sweet and salted mixed together is hands down the best snack ever though.