Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @orangesmartie I'm sorry you didn't have that great of a day :( I hope things perk up for you (HUGS)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 and @nonoelmo I'm super excited your making Susie's hummus recipe for a potluck! Hope everything goes well!

Susie thanks for posting about traditional weddings I love learning about how different your culture is! I can't believe there's no cake :o that's usually my main excitement for a wedding is what kind of dessert there will be!!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Went on a bit of a friending spree. If I missed someone, I apologize.

Friend me, friend me!
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So, my birthday is tomorrow and all I can think about is having my most favorite meal EVER out at my favorite restaurant! I'm really hoping that they have this AMAZING dessert that they used to serve. It's a piece of cake (your choice of a bunch of flavors) wrapped in a flour tortilla, fried up, and sprinkled with either cocoa or cinnamon. Then they top it with either honey or hot fudge, ice cream, and whipped cream! Holy Mother of deliciousness! One time we went they said they weren't serving it anymore...but the next time we went, it was on the menu again. Anyway, I'm just really hoping it's there tomorrow. It kept me up last night. Sad, so sad.
    But seriously, I CAN'T WAIT! If they don't have that dessert, I plan on having a very large serving of ice cream for dessert. I fully plan on murdering my calorie goal for tomorrow BUT I will still do my workout in the morning. :)

I wish you all the best luck on your quest for dessert! :)
  • Kalici
    Options
    Confession:

♪♫ I feel stabby, oh so stabby♪♫
    ♫♪I feel stabby, and crabby and...♪♫

Somebody help me with an appropriate word for my theme song of today. "Gay" doesn't fit for this one.

Rough?
  • Kalici
    Options
    Hey, has anyone noticed the new "verified" indicator in the food entry database? I was just modifying my breakfast (because I had cheese and kielbasa instead of yogurt) and a bunch of them have little green check marks next to them.

All of them seem verified on my list except the ones I've entered for my private use. I admit that I haven't actually checked (or used) a vast majority of the new verified ones though.

• Kalici
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I rejoined a gym in the last week. There are many gyms in the area but the one I prefer and feel very comfortable taking my kids to workout with me is kind of expensive. I had quit it for a year to catch up on things financially and tried to keep active in many other ways. Recently I decided that my daughter really enjoyed it and I want to support anything she enjoys these days. Tonight we went to a Zumba class at her request. It was 75 minutes of me flailing around as ungainly as possible. Daughter loved it and smiled more in that class than I've seen in a long time. Worth the cost of admission. I did a couple of calculators and based on my weight I think I burned around 500 calories in that time. I know I was pushing myself to stay as high intensity as I could. Is 500 calories for 1.25 hours a reasonable estimate? I'm on the very little side. I don't often log food and I even more rarely log exercise. I also lifted weights (didn't even try to figure that out) and got a decent amount of walking in during the day. I feel that I am keeping my nice slow steady goal of gradually losing another few pounds.

I can't answer the part about what you burned, but I had to comment on how incredibly awesome the bolded part is. I love seeing my daughter happy so I totally get you on this.

I, however, HATE Zumba.

I actually really like Zumba, but I hate that you kind of have to go to the same class/same instructor at the same time/place in order to get the hang of it. I tried sitching it up at my old gym, and it was like starting over every time because they all do totally different routines to the SAME SONGS.

I make playlists from the songs people upload to YouTube and use those instead. Then when I get sick of a song I just swap it out. I have seven different ones right now, (imaginatively named workout1, workout2 etc.) that I rotate and evolve week to week. This also means I don't have to leave my house to do it which is a bonus. :)

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. Sorry I've fallen way behind. My kids got out of school last Thursday - I swear we go later than almost every other state. - and I have been trying to keep them busy so I don't go nuts. It's really cutting into my confession reading time. :wink: I'm way back in the 900's, so I'm not going to quote anyone and bring up old stuff. Just know that I'm thinking of everyone who is having a hard time, and cheering for those who are having a great time.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Look what you guys made me do...
    4cduwxesnjwv.jpg

I couldn't resist, it was $2 off. I would have grabbed more had I not been on lunch. I'm hoping to have enough calories for some tonight. We'll see.

Whooooo! That flavor is awesome.

If you go back you should try the Salted Caramel Peanut too.

Don't disown me or kick me out, but I'm not a huge salted caramel fan. I like caramel and I LOVE salt, but just not together. Which is weird, because I love sweet/salty flavor combos.

The flavor is not overly salty in those. It is just enough to accentuate the sweet.
  • Kalici
    Options
    caddir wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    Confession: Outside of exercising, if you wear earbuds/headphones in public I want to punch you in the face. This is especially true at restaurants, disconnect yourself and pay attention to your surroundings or *gasp* have a conversation with someone.

*I work on a college campus so my view may be slightly skewed, I've seen a lot of near misses with students just because they're not paying attention.

I tend to wear mine in public when traveling (mostly air travel) or if I went somewhere specifically to study or do grad homework, so that I DON'T pay attention to my surroundings. That said, I don't think I could ever have both earbuds in if I were running on a busy street because I'd be too worried about being run over! :)

Fester's gonna hate me - I wear my headphones pretty well any time I walk anywhere. I try to drive as little as possible, so when I walk places (like my half hour walk to work) I listen to audiobooks because it's so damn boring making the same trek on the same street day after day. At least I get some "reading" in that way.

I can't fathom why that would be irritating to someone though. It's not like listening to something makes me unable to watch where I'm walking, and the only conversation I'm avoiding is with panhandlers and people pushing religious pamphlets...

I don't have the luxury of being able to listen to the radio when I want to so I podcast and then listen when I walk. I just don't get why it bothers anyone. Different matter if you are interacting with other people, but I walk on my own because I don't have anyone to exercise with anyway.

If I'm out somewhere by myself I don't want to have conversations with people. I'll wear headphones and read my kindle on purpose and hope no one tries to bother me (it doesn't always work).

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Look what you guys made me do...
    4cduwxesnjwv.jpg

I couldn't resist, it was $2 off. I would have grabbed more had I not been on lunch. I'm hoping to have enough calories for some tonight. We'll see.

Whooooo! That flavor is awesome.

If you go back you should try the Salted Caramel Peanut too.

Don't disown me or kick me out, but I'm not a huge salted caramel fan. I like caramel and I LOVE salt, but just not together. Which is weird, because I love sweet/salty flavor combos.

The flavor is not overly salty in those. It is just enough to accentuate the sweet.

I may have to try it then. I REALLY liked the Southern Butter Pecan. A serving was the perfect amount for me too.

• SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Confession:

♪♫ I feel stabby, oh so stabby♪♫
    ♫♪I feel stabby, and crabby and...♪♫

Somebody help me with an appropriate word for my theme song of today. "Gay" doesn't fit for this one.

I personally am feeling both stabby and gay, but presumably not in the sense of the word you were intending?
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Stepdaughter was a no show. Again. A friend at my work suggested showing up where she works since she won't return messages from either one of us. I hate that it's come to this.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    My daughter is doing well overall. She is with her dad tonight. She called me, "mom, you were right, I started watching TV and I ate two waffles after dinner. I feel like a walrus." I talked her down and left her feeling better. We have noticed that TV seems to be an eating trigger with her so she took netflix off her phone (which is where she was watching so much, while eating.) She agreed that we'd go for a jog in the morning before work so she didn't have to stress over those calories. I added up what she ate today in my head and I think even with those calories she was at about 1300-1600 calories. That is about right for her especially as we didn't work out today. I told her that she may have eaten too much at one time and for the wrong reasons but that she didn't overeat today. She felt better about that too.

At work today, my daughter looked me over- daughter "Mom, I like those jeans do you think they come in my size?" Me "Yes, we can go look for them this weekend, I'd like another pair too." (Note - daughter is 1 inch taller and about 5 - 6 pounds lighter than me, she's one jean size smaller and I have more butt and hip, but I didn't want to point that out to her because although she does not think I need to lose weight she struggles with thinking she is fat and her logic seems to be that if I'm ok and she's wearing a smaller size than me then it is easier for her to accept herself.) The NSV was teen daughter liked the jeans I bought in Macy's petite section - Levi's. :smiley: Another side note - the ONLY person she judges for anything is herself, she has friends she adores of all shapes, sizes, genders, colors, and orientations. I am working on her not talking so negatively about herself. It is slow going.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Hummus and Tabbouleh are ready to go for tomorrow. I'm ready to drop into bed.
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birday dear kelly_c_77, Happy birthday to you.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    caddir wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    Confession: Outside of exercising, if you wear earbuds/headphones in public I want to punch you in the face. This is especially true at restaurants, disconnect yourself and pay attention to your surroundings or *gasp* have a conversation with someone.

*I work on a college campus so my view may be slightly skewed, I've seen a lot of near misses with students just because they're not paying attention.

I tend to wear mine in public when traveling (mostly air travel) or if I went somewhere specifically to study or do grad homework, so that I DON'T pay attention to my surroundings. That said, I don't think I could ever have both earbuds in if I were running on a busy street because I'd be too worried about being run over! :)

Fester's gonna hate me - I wear my headphones pretty well any time I walk anywhere. I try to drive as little as possible, so when I walk places (like my half hour walk to work) I listen to audiobooks because it's so damn boring making the same trek on the same street day after day. At least I get some "reading" in that way.

I can't fathom why that would be irritating to someone though. It's not like listening to something makes me unable to watch where I'm walking, and the only conversation I'm avoiding is with panhandlers and people pushing religious pamphlets...

I don't have the luxury of being able to listen to the radio when I want to so I podcast and then listen when I walk. I just don't get why it bothers anyone. Different matter if you are interacting with other people, but I walk on my own because I don't have anyone to exercise with anyway.

If I'm out somewhere by myself I don't want to have conversations with people. I'll wear headphones and read my kindle on purpose and hope no one tries to bother me (it doesn't always work).

I do headphones (often not on) and sunglasses.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Stepdaughter was a no show. Again. A friend at my work suggested showing up where she works since she won't return messages from either one of us. I hate that it's come to this.

I wish I had words of wisdom. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this. I suspect step daughter is very messed up right now but that does not make your path any more clear. (HUGS)

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm on a cereal kick right now :) It cannot be helped.

I cannot wait until my sister brings me that PB Captain Crunch next weekend!!

... Will she bring me some, too?

I confess that I've been using stories about your awesome Rodent Boy to try to confess my husband to buy me either a rat, a mouse, a hamster, a chinchilla, a gerbil.... Anything tiny and cute. :D I WANT A CUDDLY RODENT. >.<

A hamster will chew your finger off before it cuddles with you, lol.

Degus are the best! Rats are pretty good too!

I miss my rodent boy! Rodents are pretty awesome!

ETA: I have decided I am selling the cage and not getting another pet.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Confession
    I don't know what got into me. I sort of (ok I actually) agreed to ride Cycle Oregon with my SO next year. "With" means he'll ride it at his pace and I'll ride it at my pace and we'll be together when not riding. "With" means if there is a harder route he'll take it and if there is an easier route I'll take it. I'm not quite sure how I agreed to this. I have not done a trip like this since I was 15 years old...