Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »

Hope this works! Might be huge..if so, I apologize.

Wow that's a lot of cats (super cute, too)! I forget who else had a bunch, including a pregnant porch kitty, you might might give that person a run for their money in the cat hoarding war ;)

That would be @pofoster21, if I'm not mistaken. And my family owns 14 cats, so I think they beat everyone. O.o

It is me. 4 in the home now, 2 on the porch, and 2 at the barn. I have to admit 4 in the home is a lot now when I feed. And the politics of who gets fed where...exhausting. But Cobweb is doing great (latest addition, you all went through that with me). He is the sweetest cat.

He likes to jump on the 1/2 wall between the toilet and the vanity when I get out of the shower and while I dry myself off he reaches out to me, to be petted, etc. The other day, I bent over drying my legs and he proceeded to walk onto my back and lay down! So there I am, stark naked, with a purring cat laying on my back and licking my wet hair. I crouched down to try and get him to walk off me, but he resettled himself and kept purring away. I finally had to slowly stand until he slid off, praying all the time he wouldn't grab me with his claws to stay on. If I had had a camera and wasn't such a prude, I would have taken a selfie and posted it (but yes, I was stark naked, so probably that wouldn't be allowed on here!).

Ok, sorry that this is giant...I haven't a clue how to shrink it. But, I just wanted to share what our feeding time looks like... :)
    They all have their own bowls and go right to them when it's time to eat! Such good little piglets!

Awesome. Kinda makes me cringe though, just imagining all those meowing at 3am every night like mine does...

Our cat Moxie has this thing where she knows when the alarm is going to go off, and she starts meowing about 20-30 minutes ahead of time. We'll tell her to knock it off, and then she will go in the bathroom, and open & slam the cupboards!

She gets on her hind legs, grabs the top of the cupboard door, walks backwards about a foot, and then lets it go. BANG!

I'm to the point where on weekends, I'll put the laundry basket in front of the cupboards to thwart her efforts.

SHE IS SUCH A PUNK.

Well, you did name her Moxie... ;)
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    ok will have to finish catching up later, going out to look at bikes with my son now :s

Have fun bike shopping :)
  • riderfangal
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    ok guys I am on the fence about something. I got asked out on a date this weekend. I don't date because in reality I don't have a lot of free time and I am certainly not wanting to take any time away from my son. But in spite of all this I am considering going. What's a girl to do?

Do you like date asker guy? If the answer is yes, then I say GO FOR IT!

I do like said guy lol

Well, then, buy yourself something pretty (sexy, but tasteful) and go and enjoy yourself. If you just get a meal and decent conversation but it doesn't go anywhere, at least you have a pretty new dress to wear later. But if it DOES go somewhere, I think we all expect to be invited to the wedding. :smiley:

Oooo a MFP wedding yayyyy! Are we getting too ahead of ourselves? haha

LOl maybe slightly
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I wonder why this thread is so hard to find suddenly!!

I am leaving for work now and hoping today is a good day!

Yesterday sucked!

I got lost running an errand for my son (he got his grad hoodie for next year Monday and his name was spelled wrong, so had to find the uniform shop and get it fixed).....then we realized his bike was stolen, he just recently bought it and it is his transportation to and from work, so he had to walk yesterday, and today. Then I missed my gym time because as I was heading there, the office staff at my building called me and told me another bike had been stolen and asked me to see if I could come and view the video....that took a while and we saw nothing actually.

I feel bad for my son :(

Work is stressful right now too, kind of a long story, but we had a new girl that only worked about two months and now is off sick for an 'undetermented' amount of time, so they are replacing her and her husband came in Monday while I was there and freaked out on my boss....I do not generally work on Tuesdays but my boss text me and said this is becoming a bit of a nightmare. I have known her husband for years and now things are awkward, and I got her the job for him......my boss is cool, she knows I could not have known, but the whole situation is just sucky and stressful.

Plus I am still not really speaking to my SO still, we are on week two.....so that just adds to the stress.

I am not going to let it ruin tonight though! Tonight is the only night in a long while that I will be home alone. My daughter is out of town visiting a friend and my son is working. My daughter keeps getting straight day shifts, which is strange for a 19 year old working at tourist attractions that are open all night...and she is a new hire....over all it is great because she can rely on the bus which is obviously much cheaper than cabs etc, but it is seriously cutting into my alone time that over the last year I have gotten very used to! A year ago I never had alone time, but now I love it, lol.

So, tonight, I am going to indulge in a chicken bacon alfredo pizza from domino's and watch Big Brother! I figure I have about five hours of alone time after work before my son gets home....so I am gonna get everything done I need to do right away and then sit on the sofa and just bask in my aloneness lol.

Today is my day off logging so I am not worried about such things tonight, I am gonna eat super light during the day, just a light lunch and already did not eat much breakfast, but tonight I will eat pizza and my favorite Haagan Dazs chocolate peanut butter ice cream.....I am not even gonna have my phone on!

P.S. BB people, I am gonna go start the thread now, so don't forget to check there later!!

Have a great day everyone!

@Italian_Buju Sorry things are not great for you right but yay for getting alone time!! I hear it's a wonderful thing ;) I was also meaning to ask you how are you doing health wise? I remember you had a rough couple days last week

I will be watching for your BB thread! So excited!!

I am doing alright, thanks for asking! My health in general has just always kinda sucked. But there was just one day last week I ate an unbalanced breakfast and felt sick the rest of the day so that made me pissy. In general, I just have to be super on top of things, and make sure like I am well rested, eat properly, stay active and take all my daily meds and go to a million appts.....as long as I do all that, I can keep things -contained- for now anyway.

I got home at 4:30 from work, cleaned up and then I am not sure where most of the other time went, lol. It is almost 8pm now and I am just preheating the oven to warm up my pizza. I did have to waste an hour of my alone time napping, cuz I was so tired I was literally on this thread trying to read and doing the head bob, but I set my alarm for one hour so I would not waste my whole night!

Almost Big Brother time! Whoop whoop!

@Italian_Buju napping is NEVER a waste of time. EVER.

This is so true!
    So, my birthday is tomorrow and all I can think about is having my most favorite meal EVER out at my favorite restaurant! I'm really hoping that they have this AMAZING dessert that they used to serve. It's a piece of cake (your choice of a bunch of flavors) wrapped in a flour tortilla, fried up, and sprinkled with either cocoa or cinnamon. Then they top it with either honey or hot fudge, ice cream, and whipped cream! Holy Mother of deliciousness! One time we went they said they weren't serving it anymore...but the next time we went, it was on the menu again. Anyway, I'm just really hoping it's there tomorrow. It kept me up last night. Sad, so sad.
    But seriously, I CAN'T WAIT! If they don't have that dessert, I plan on having a very large serving of ice cream for dessert. I fully plan on murdering my calorie goal for tomorrow BUT I will still do my workout in the morning. :)

This sounds crazy amazing. I must have it. And happy early birthday~!

Thank you! And seriously, it is heaven on a plate! I'll probably cry if it's not there tomorrow! I might even beg.
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Oh all the cat talk makes me sad as I cannot have any- I'm allergic :'(

My son is allergic too big time
  • riderfangal
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    So, my birthday is tomorrow and all I can think about is having my most favorite meal EVER out at my favorite restaurant! I'm really hoping that they have this AMAZING dessert that they used to serve. It's a piece of cake (your choice of a bunch of flavors) wrapped in a flour tortilla, fried up, and sprinkled with either cocoa or cinnamon. Then they top it with either honey or hot fudge, ice cream, and whipped cream! Holy Mother of deliciousness! One time we went they said they weren't serving it anymore...but the next time we went, it was on the menu again. Anyway, I'm just really hoping it's there tomorrow. It kept me up last night. Sad, so sad.
    But seriously, I CAN'T WAIT! If they don't have that dessert, I plan on having a very large serving of ice cream for dessert. I fully plan on murdering my calorie goal for tomorrow BUT I will still do my workout in the morning. :)

I hope you have an awesome birthday!

Have a SUPER GREAT Birthday!!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Confession:

♪♫ I feel stabby, oh so stabby♪♫
    ♫♪I feel stabby, and crabby and...♪♫

Somebody help me with an appropriate word for my theme song of today. "Gay" doesn't fit for this one.

Dismayed?

Gray?
    Cray Cray?
    Not ok?
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    You just reminded me. We very rarely--like, once a year or so--drive to Bahrain (we're not too far from the border) for a fun kid's movie (Movie theaters are illegal in Saudi) and a full-on treat/day of fun. Last time I planned an absolutely elaborate EXACTLY-what-I'm-going-to-do-and-eat according to what I REALLY wanted, and almost everything I had planned for and was all excited about was closed down/no longer in business. Seriously. I was so sad. :'(

Why are movie theaters illegal?

So, I have another question and I won't apologize. One of the teachers at my son's summer camp is Muslim and celebrates (is that the right word) Ramadan. Is it appropriate for me to ask her how she's doing? It is an elementary school age summer camp and we live in South Carolina and there are lots of outdoor activity. So, it's HOT. I'm just wondering how she's doing it. I know one summer she didn't work during Ramadan because it was too much, but I'm thinking it was in August that year. Isn't it much earlier this year? Ok, so that's multiple questions.

Well, the making of most movies involves more haraam than good (animal cruelty, extramarital relations, nudity, etc.), and due to those things most movies come under the haraam (forbidden) category in Islam. Generally, kids' movies and documentaries and such are fine, but Saudi Arabia has banned movie theaters completely.

Of course asking questions depends on the person (I'm sure some people just don't like being asked any sort of questions, regardless of what they're about), but asking someone how they're doing with the fasting due to heat/long hours/etc. would usually be appreciated as an expression of care or friendliness on your part, so that should be completely fine/appropriate. :)

Yes, Ramadan is considered a celebration of our religion, because it's the month that the Qur'an was revealed to the Messenger (the prophet Muhammed, peace be upon him) and a month in which the reward for good deeds is multiplied by seventy times and the gates of Paradise are opened; it's a very special month for Muslims. :) So you can say that someone celebrates it, or you can simply say that they fast the month or observe the month.

Working in hot conditions during Ramadan can be quite difficult, so I do very much admire people who work outdoor jobs while fasting. :)

Ramadan is the ninth month of the lunar calendar, which is slightly shorter than the Gregorian, so it gets roughly two weeks earlier every year. Last year it started in the beginning of July, and the year before it started mid-July, and the year before that it started around the beginning of August. :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession:

Somebody help me with an appropriate word for my theme song of today. "Gay" doesn't fit for this one.

Nasty? Or maybe just sub in the highly appropriate, very expressive, "UGH". Perfect match of syllables... ;)

That's kind of great. Stabby and crabby and ugh. LOL

Yep. Unless someone comes up with something brilliant out of left field, I think we have a winner!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    RAELYNN JUST PEED IN HER POTTY FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!!!! Yes, that deserves yelling, I'm so happy and proud of her!!!!!!

Yeah, recovered from her sickness AND figuring out the potty! Good day :)
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    If the thread continues to slip, I'm on board with moving to the group exclusively. That also allows for splitting topics that some folks can't handle (bugs, body fluids) so they don't have to skip large portions because of grossness.

Just a thought!

Work has been reasonably busy (in the morning at least) the last few days, and it keeps making me fall behind on this thread until the afternoon. Not cool.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    bjaune wrote: »
    I can't poop! Yep its gross and painful! My doctor has me on prescription miralax and at first It worked, but now its back to once a week. It gets uncomfortable because there comes a point my stomach gets big and my pants don't fit.
    I drink water like a fish and run at least 3 days a week (I am tri training now)
    But still.....
    I tried to not eat red meat during lent, hoping that would alleviate the pains. Nothing. :(

Apparently Jerusalem Artichokes work wonders for this. I've never had them/it so I can't say for definite, but what's the harm in trying right? I remember reading it in a health magazine, and 73 calories per 100 grams won't ruin your diet either.

Good luck!
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    I bike to work every day...today is "Bike to Work Day" in Denver.

I confess that I call it "Amateur Hour" because all these people clumsily trying to load their bikes on the light rail, rubbing their tires on my pants, riding without helmets, running red lights, riding down the middle of the street & just generally being clueless bicyclists is making me VERY STABBY THIS MORNING

I admit I don't know a lot about biking, but I'm trying to figure out how and why people are rubbing their tires on your pants. I just can't picture it without some very strange mental images popping into my head. :o

LOL

When I bike in to work, I'm in my work clothes. It's mostly downhill, so I don't get all sweaty in the mornings.

I bike about 7 miles, and then take light rail the rest of the way. When you load your bike on light rail, you have to stand with your bike at either end of the car; 2 bikes max per end.

When you board with a bike & there is someone else there with a bike, you do your best to keep your bike away from the other person, so your tires don't rub against their legs/pants. (It's a kind of bike commuter etiquette thing.)

When newbs climb aboard, flailing their bike up the stairs, they are completely oblivious to everyone else & inevitably will rub their tires against you, unless you ward them off with your feet. Bike tire grime is about equivalent to engine compartment grime - black & impossible to wipe off.

After work I change into shorts & a tank, so I can get my sweat on cranking up the hills.

I know it sounds bizarre...welcome to my world!

That is way more tame than I was imagining, but it still stinks. I kept picturing someone reaching their tire forward and rubbing it down your leg all while staring at you with the whites of their eyes entirely exposed.

I love your mental picture way more than the reality...
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    I wonder why this thread is so hard to find suddenly!!

I am leaving for work now and hoping today is a good day!

Yesterday sucked!

I got lost running an errand for my son (he got his grad hoodie for next year Monday and his name was spelled wrong, so had to find the uniform shop and get it fixed).....then we realized his bike was stolen, he just recently bought it and it is his transportation to and from work, so he had to walk yesterday, and today. Then I missed my gym time because as I was heading there, the office staff at my building called me and told me another bike had been stolen and asked me to see if I could come and view the video....that took a while and we saw nothing actually.

I feel bad for my son :(

Work is stressful right now too, kind of a long story, but we had a new girl that only worked about two months and now is off sick for an 'undetermented' amount of time, so they are replacing her and her husband came in Monday while I was there and freaked out on my boss....I do not generally work on Tuesdays but my boss text me and said this is becoming a bit of a nightmare. I have known her husband for years and now things are awkward, and I got her the job for him......my boss is cool, she knows I could not have known, but the whole situation is just sucky and stressful.

Plus I am still not really speaking to my SO still, we are on week two.....so that just adds to the stress.

I am not going to let it ruin tonight though! Tonight is the only night in a long while that I will be home alone. My daughter is out of town visiting a friend and my son is working. My daughter keeps getting straight day shifts, which is strange for a 19 year old working at tourist attractions that are open all night...and she is a new hire....over all it is great because she can rely on the bus which is obviously much cheaper than cabs etc, but it is seriously cutting into my alone time that over the last year I have gotten very used to! A year ago I never had alone time, but now I love it, lol.

So, tonight, I am going to indulge in a chicken bacon alfredo pizza from domino's and watch Big Brother! I figure I have about five hours of alone time after work before my son gets home....so I am gonna get everything done I need to do right away and then sit on the sofa and just bask in my aloneness lol.

Today is my day off logging so I am not worried about such things tonight, I am gonna eat super light during the day, just a light lunch and already did not eat much breakfast, but tonight I will eat pizza and my favorite Haagan Dazs chocolate peanut butter ice cream.....I am not even gonna have my phone on!

P.S. BB people, I am gonna go start the thread now, so don't forget to check there later!!

Have a great day everyone!

@Italian_Buju Sorry things are not great for you right but yay for getting alone time!! I hear it's a wonderful thing ;) I was also meaning to ask you how are you doing health wise? I remember you had a rough couple days last week

I will be watching for your BB thread! So excited!!

I am doing alright, thanks for asking! My health in general has just always kinda sucked. But there was just one day last week I ate an unbalanced breakfast and felt sick the rest of the day so that made me pissy. In general, I just have to be super on top of things, and make sure like I am well rested, eat properly, stay active and take all my daily meds and go to a million appts.....as long as I do all that, I can keep things -contained- for now anyway.

I got home at 4:30 from work, cleaned up and then I am not sure where most of the other time went, lol. It is almost 8pm now and I am just preheating the oven to warm up my pizza. I did have to waste an hour of my alone time napping, cuz I was so tired I was literally on this thread trying to read and doing the head bob, but I set my alarm for one hour so I would not waste my whole night!

Almost Big Brother time! Whoop whoop!

@Italian_Buju napping is NEVER a waste of time. EVER.

This is so true!

This sounds crazy amazing. I must have it. And happy early birthday~!

Thank you! And seriously, it is heaven on a plate! I'll probably cry if it's not there tomorrow! I might even beg.

Guilt-trip the manager/waiters and tell them that it's your birthday and that you were SO looking forward to it... ;)

I confess that I've left restaurants when they didn't have the exact thing that I wanted to order, rather than sucking it up and ordering something else.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Confession:

Dismayed?

Ooooh that's a good one!
  • Susieq_1994
    edited June 2015
    Options

My son is allergic too big time

So is my husband--He becomes almost comatose from the horrible reactions he gets. So now I'm begging for a rodent. :smiley: His reason for refusing a hamster/rat/whatever before was that they don't interact with humans in the same way a cat or dog do, and therefore just live their life unhappily in cages. So, I've been using all the awesome stories that @Italian_Buju has told us about her degu to convince him that they totally get fond of/interact with their owners and don't have to live their entire lives in cages. :p
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I am too. I actually had 10 years of weekly shots to get rid of the allergies. It didn't totally work, and I still need to use allergy meds if I end up with cat hair in my eye (it gets red and itchy), but it's bearable. I can't imagine not having cats. It's actually one of the reasons I'm sorta glad I never got a biological child, I would be heartbroken if I had a kid allergic to cats.

Honestly if it was up to me I'd have more cats, the only thing stopping me really is that I don't want them to go outside, but my cat goes outside still (and pees everywhere if we don't let her for longer than a week), so I can't get another cat right now anyway (well, and I guess my husband wouldn't be too happy about it either).

I managed to get rid of my dog allergies that way though, but I'm still badly allergic to everything else with hair (rabbits, horses etc). I can't even go in a carriage or I end up with a bad asthma attack. It makes me sad because I've always loved horses.

I'm EXACTLY the same. I feed my dog and cat higher-end food, cuz it helps with the dander. But if I pet them, then rub my eyes, my eyes get itchy and red and can swell shut. I have to wash my hands quickly after. Other people's pets, because I'm not used to their dander, can cause hives and welts and swelling and itchy nastiness.
  • quiksylver296
    edited June 2015
    Options
    bjaune wrote: »
    I can't poop! Yep its gross and painful! My doctor has me on prescription miralax and at first It worked, but now its back to once a week. It gets uncomfortable because there comes a point my stomach gets big and my pants don't fit.
    I drink water like a fish and run at least 3 days a week (I am tri training now)
    But still.....
    I tried to not eat red meat during lent, hoping that would alleviate the pains. Nothing. :(

Sugar free Haribo gummy bears!!! (JK, don't really do this. Read the first review, below.)

http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Sugar-Free-Gummy-Bears/product-reviews/B008JELLCA
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Ramadan is the ninth month of the lunar calendar, which is slightly shorter than the Gregorian, so it gets roughly two weeks earlier every year. Last year it started in the beginning of July, and the year before it started mid-July, and the year before that it started around the beginning of August. :)

Thank you for all the information you've provided!! You're super great!
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    My son and I were playing outside a little earlier and I noticed just how bad our rose bushes and flower garden have gotten overrun with weeds. I started pulling the weeds and of course, he wanted "to help"...so I let him toss the pulled weeds into a pile. Anyway, some neighbors walked by and started chatting with him and asked what he was up to. His reply? "Just doing weed with Mama"!! I almost died....and quickly cleared it up that we were WEEDING not doing weed.

This is so funny!!!

And I LOVED the furbaby photos!!!

I've mentioned before that I still smoke cigarettes, which I do in the garage. One day my son and the neighbor kid were in the garage and the neighbor kid said our garage was stinky. My son said, "yeah, mom smokes drugs in here". Uh, no!

HA! I love that both of our Kellie/Kelly's children are trying to make them the drug addicts of the neighborhood :)