Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

I have to confess that not one vegetable or fruit has passed my lips today. Good thing I take vitamins.

Thank you. :) I hope so as well! And I confess that my entire week has been pretty much like that as well... And I *don't* take vitamins! Am I going to die? ;)

No, I don't think you're going to die, however (and I'm NOT trying to "diagnose" anyone) sometimes if we are lacking in vitamins it can really affect our moods, such as Vitamin D, B12, B6, etc. I know you don't like to go to doctors, but maybe taking a few vitamins or even a multi-vitamin may help?
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm ragingly hungry today (getting ready for TOM) and all I want to do is EAT, but I'm on a mushies/soft foods diet for the next couple days because of my teeth. I want BEEF and chicken and all the things I can't have :(
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I'm trying quite hard to not use pregnancy as an excuse to lapse into bad eating habits, but it is HARD. I never had any issue getting plenty of fruit and veg before, but most veg is turning my stomach at the moment. How has mankind evolved to be repulsed by the most healthy of foods at a time you would think good nutrition is critical!? Cheese and crackers and salty, salty crisps on the other hand, I can consume those by the bucket load.

• KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Finally caught up! My confession is I've been drinking too much...every single day for quite awhile. I am making a commitment to not drink Monday through Thursday this week. Please think good thoughts for me!

ETA: A little embarrassed to admit this quasi publicly, but hoping admitting it on here will make me face reality. Since I know there are several of you that have admitted to stopping for good.

i want to give you massive *hugs* and heartfelt support for this!
    also, please don't be embarrassed, you are really not alone in this.

this is actually my goal for this week too. am i'm pretty sure after my most recent month long binge it's going to be pretty difficult. but i'm determined to at least give it a hardcore try this week.

even when it gets rough, don't give up!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I'm ragingly hungry today (getting ready for TOM) and all I want to do is EAT, but I'm on a mushies/soft foods diet for the next couple days because of my teeth. I want BEEF and chicken and all the things I can't have :(

when i couldn't eat solid food because of teeth issues, i'd put a can of campbells chunky soup in the blender.
    all the yummy taste, nothing to hurt your mouth.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    My poor pup has been so sick for a week now, just kinda tired and lethargic, plus a little sick to his stomach. Still eating (for the most part), but nothing seems to agree with him. Trying to get him in to see the vet in the next day or two - hopefully it's nothing serious and he just ate something bad! He might be almost seven years old, but he's still my baby

Hope it's just a passing thing and he's back to normal soon!

Mine have a nasty habit of eating *ahem* excrement (not sure if it's their own or the other dogs', not that it matters) which sometimes causes issues, although not as often as you'd expect.

It takes a strong stomach to clean up a puddle of vomited feces, let me tell you.

(Sorry if this post puts anyone off their lunch)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    My poor pup has been so sick for a week now, just kinda tired and lethargic, plus a little sick to his stomach. Still eating (for the most part), but nothing seems to agree with him. Trying to get him in to see the vet in the next day or two - hopefully it's nothing serious and he just ate something bad! He might be almost seven years old, but he's still my baby

Edited to add that my cats (Tadpole is the big brown and white guy, Purranha the little grey one) are totally taking advantage of him being sick... stealing food out of his bowl, swatting at him even though he isn't doing anything. They better watch out when he starts feeling better!
    votg4ib1phvb.jpg

Is there like a sick fur baby curse on this thread!!! I hope he feels better soon!!
    Cats can just be jerks sometimes eh!

Your dog is gorgeous! I hope he starts feeling better soon and that you can get him in to see the vet! Your cats are cute too...even if they're being little jerks right now. ;)

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Finally caught up! My confession is I've been drinking too much...every single day for quite awhile. I am making a commitment to not drink Monday through Thursday this week. Please think good thoughts for me!

ETA: A little embarrassed to admit this quasi publicly, but hoping admitting it on here will make me face reality. Since I know there are several of you that have admitted to stopping for good.

I'll be thinking supportive thoughts for you as well.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

I am joining you in this commitment. It is going to be difficult but I also have been consuming way too much alcohol.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Mine have a nasty habit of eating *ahem* excrement (not sure if it's their own or the other dogs', not that it matters) which sometimes causes issues, although not as often as you'd expect.

It takes a strong stomach to clean up a puddle of vomited feces, let me tell you.

I worked at a doggie daycare for a while before I had my son and let me tell you, there were many days where I thought I was going to lose my lunch trying to clean up after the dogs would get sick from eating too much poop. OMG, seriously so disgusting!!! :(:(
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    I am addicted to my at home iced coffee I have been making. I think coffee/caffeine rehab might be in my future ...

Do you mind sharing your recipe?

It's really easy.
    I use 2 Tbsp Coffeemate Sugar-Free French Vanilla creamer. (use whatever creamer, sugar, syrup etc. you like)
    I have a plastic tumbler cup with lid/straw that I use.
    Fill it with ice.
    Fill cup with coffee (I sometimes use the large k-cup setting or I use poured coffee from a brewed pot)
    I put the creamer over the ice first then when you pour the coffee over you really don't need to stir it, it blends nicely.
    I've been cheating lately and also using Redi-Whip (regular, in the can) and not measuring it.

The ices coffee from the coffee shop nearby is a bit better because theirs is much stronger but mine does ok too.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »

I am joining you in this commitment. It is going to be difficult but I also have been consuming way too much alcohol.

I will think good thoughts for both of you, and anyone else dealing with this. I have a problem with drinking too much. I drink every day. I have cut back, but it is still too much, and I know I am using it as a crutch.

• kelly_c_77
    Options

My husband and I both don't drink anymore. He actually had a problem with drinking for a while and started going to meetings/got a sponsor for it. I stopped mainly because I needed to support him and be respectful about not having it in the house. Even going out (without him) and coming home after drinks with friends was something I just wouldn't do. It was hard at first to completely cut it out...but so worth it in the end!! Good luck to you...you can do it! :)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    mkakids wrote: »
    When people ask me or my brother what our favorite dessert is and we say "brownie batter", they always look at us quizzically and say "...brownies, you mean?" No. Delicious, raw-eggy brownie batter.

While I sympathize with the weekly trap you've found yourself in, I'm glad to have found another Batter Enthusiast.

(Are you making it from scratch, or using box mix? I can't keep any sort of quick desert options in the house. If I want something sweet, I have to make it, so it happens less often. Not that brownie batter is hard to whip up....)

Have you even frozen brownie batter? OMG......AMAZING. it never fully solidifies, and is like batter soft serve. Heaven!

Oh holy crap, that sounds amazing! I may have to just try that.

Sadly, I STILL have not tried this. :(

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to my at home iced coffee I have been making. I think coffee/caffeine rehab might be in my future ...

Do you mind sharing your recipe?

It's really easy.
    I use 2 Tbsp Coffeemate Sugar-Free French Vanilla creamer. (use whatever creamer, sugar, syrup etc. you like)
    I have a plastic tumbler cup with lid/straw that I use.
    Fill it with ice.
    Fill cup with coffee (I sometimes use the large k-cup setting or I use poured coffee from a brewed pot)
    I put the creamer over the ice first then when you pour the coffee over you really don't need to stir it, it blends nicely.
    I've been cheating lately and also using Redi-Whip (regular, in the can) and not measuring it.

The ices coffee from the coffee shop nearby is a bit better because theirs is much stronger but mine does ok too.

Thanks! Sounds great! I often just pour my cream laden coffee over ice when I want a cold drink instead of hot!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I just turned 45, what's up!? LOL When someone asks me how old I am, I reflexively say 28. Because that's how old I think I am.
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @AlciaMode and @AngryViking1970 you are right!! I'm just being stupid- I am 29 but don't feel it whatsoever and I'm really looking forward to my 30's I've heard from lots those are some of the best years! Thank you ladies! <3

I am 51, but if anyone asks, my response is always, "29". My husband says a lady is 29 until she draws Social Security. I will be 29 for a while! :wink:
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »

I worked at a doggie daycare for a while before I had my son and let me tell you, there were many days where I thought I was going to lose my lunch trying to clean up after the dogs would get sick from eating too much poop. OMG, seriously so disgusting!!! :(:(

OMG, that sounds awful! My mom has a kennel, and she's only had two dogs over the years that liked eating poop - Luckily Jazz isn't one of them, although he doesn't mind eating nasty stuff in the woods when we're hiking/camping, and he has no qualms about cleaning up if one of the cats eats too fast and throws it up. Love him, but dogs can be so gross.

Normally I wouldn't worry, but he usually has a stomach of steel; so I figure anything that could make him this sick for a week is a pretty bad sign :neutral: I hate waiting too, right now I'm just waiting for the vet to decide whether he has to come in, or if there's another over the counter remedy that we can try. Just call me back already!
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options

Not for long, I'm totally going back to bed. But I figured I'd check in here first. :)

Rationally, I understand that it isn't really my fault that I feel this way. But in my heart of hearts I can't help but hate myself and feel like I'm ungrateful to my husband and to God for feeling depressed so often. I try so hard to keep my spirits up, but sometimes I just... Can't. Today is one of those days.

Still trying to catch up, but had to stop to say I'm so very sorry you feel like this. I hope when I get caught up you are feeling better. This seems like you had a really bad day. hugs hugs and more hugs
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I just turned 45, what's up!? LOL When someone asks me how old I am, I reflexively say 28. Because that's how old I think I am.
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @AlciaMode and @AngryViking1970 you are right!! I'm just being stupid- I am 29 but don't feel it whatsoever and I'm really looking forward to my 30's I've heard from lots those are some of the best years! Thank you ladies! <3

I am 51, but if anyone asks, my response is always, "29". My husband says a lady is 29 until she draws Social Security. I will be 29 for a while! :wink:

Haha, this is great! My best friend and I both turn 30 this year, and while I'm not concerned about it, she is really stressed out about it. Maybe I'll tell her that she can keep on being 29 indefinitely :wink:
  • kingskid207
    kingskid207 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Another one: I'm envious of people that poop regularly.

OMG me too!!! I've been battling IBS for about 15 or so years! You can set you watch by my husband's 'movements'. Damn it! And people who are 'regular' just don't understand out pain :-(