Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    So I mentioned earlier that the swimsuit I wanted was sold out. My husband felt bad so he went on Amazon and picked out 4 similar suits and ordered them for me. My confession, I don't deserve such a fantastic man, I'm just glad he doesn't know that. ;)

What a guy!!!

I second that statement. Can we clone him?

Knock yourself out. Let me know how that works out for you. :smile: He's not without flaws though. His flatulence can clear full rooms and he tends to be a workaholic. He is a perfectionist so when he sets a goal, he'll do whatever it takes to reach it. That's both a gift and curse.

God definitely knew what He was doing when He molded that guy. I'm just incredibly humbled He chose me for him. *I'm not crying.

To all you singles out there, DO NOT SETTLE! You deserve someone that thinks the world of you and will do whatever it takes to make you feel like the most important person in their life. If they don't, move on. Luckily, God practically dropped my honey in lap. He knew I was lazy. :smiley:

^ This! I have the same kind of husband. He's my second husband and if I knew what marriage or a relationship *could* feel like, I wouldn't have spent so long with the abusive a$$hat I married first.

I am grateful everyday for my husband. That would be my 2nd best relationship advice: Don't settle. Don't settle. Don't settle.

I was beyond fortunate to meet my husband when I was 18. We've definitely had our moments during our almost 17 years of being together, but we've also definitely had more good than bad. He is truly my best friend.

My mom has been married 3 times and I didn't want to be like that (not judging, I just don't think I could do it more than once) when I got married. God made sure I found my other half the first time around and I'm thankful every day for him. I hope he feels the same.

I wonder what he'd think if he knew how much I brag on him in here?! Hopefully he'd be flattered and not embarrassed.

I get what you are saying. I wish I would have found my husband 10 years prior to meeting him. :)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I confess, I played a *kitten* gig on Saturday. Overall it was a success but damn did I have several brain farts. They want us for New Year's and everyone had a good time. Let's look at the positives.

Gig? What kind? Music? If so, what do you play? I have a few professional musicians in the family and my youngest son inherited the musical talent. He started playing drums in my uncle's band around town when he was 14. Curious to hear what your gig was!

80s/90s/2000s Rock some country. I play lead guitar, sing some lead, a lot of backup vocals. I started playing when I was around 12ish. Nowhere near professional. I've been playing in clubs/bars/festivals for around 20 years.

Ah, that's the same genre / type of music my uncle's band plays. Sounds like lots of fun! Nothing better than live music on a night out.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Finally caught up! My confession is I've been drinking too much...every single day for quite awhile. I am making a commitment to not drink Monday through Thursday this week. Please think good thoughts for me!

ETA: A little embarrassed to admit this quasi publicly, but hoping admitting it on here will make me face reality. Since I know there are several of you that have admitted to stopping for good.

My husband and I both don't drink anymore. He actually had a problem with drinking for a while and started going to meetings/got a sponsor for it. I stopped mainly because I needed to support him and be respectful about not having it in the house. Even going out (without him) and coming home after drinks with friends was something I just wouldn't do. It was hard at first to completely cut it out...but so worth it in the end!! Good luck to you...you can do it! :)

Hang in there. It is tough!

After attempting to quit quite a few times, I finally did quit 3 1/2 years ago, and it was the best thing I ever did. BEST. THING. EVER. (Lots of people can drink without issues. It was becoming a problem for me.)

My wife quit as well, mainly to support me, and went almost 2 years. She started working wine back into the picture over the last year +. I've got no problem with this - I hate wine. (However, I luvvvv bourbon!)

Every now and then she'll wake up on Saturday morning with a hangover and be quite jealous of me as I go out the door for a 5 mile run at 9:30 am!

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    My poor pup has been so sick for a week now, just kinda tired and lethargic, plus a little sick to his stomach. Still eating (for the most part), but nothing seems to agree with him. Trying to get him in to see the vet in the next day or two - hopefully it's nothing serious and he just ate something bad! He might be almost seven years old, but he's still my baby

ofp2176wp2r6.jpg

Edited to add that my cats (Tadpole is the big brown and white guy, Purranha the little grey one) are totally taking advantage of him being sick... stealing food out of his bowl, swatting at him even though he isn't doing anything. They better watch out when he starts feeling better!
    votg4ib1phvb.jpg

Oh my gosh, I love your dog. I hope he feels better soon.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Finally caught up! My confession is I've been drinking too much...every single day for quite awhile. I am making a commitment to not drink Monday through Thursday this week. Please think good thoughts for me!

ETA: A little embarrassed to admit this quasi publicly, but hoping admitting it on here will make me face reality. Since I know there are several of you that have admitted to stopping for good.

You are so not judged. I'm thinking about (not yet committed to ) a dry June. Yes, it is a big enough of a deal to not drink for an entire month for me but June is my worst month. My dad died 3 years ago on his and my mother's 43rd wedding anniversary, right after Father's Day. I tend to drink and cry from one to the other. I try to keep that as discrete as possible (the drinking, not the crying ) so I'm not a super horrible example to my kids but seriously, it is excessive and it needs to stop.

You are not alone. Many people struggle with cutting back on drinking.

I remember you mentioning that June was hard for you and that's how you cope. Hugs to you!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    So I mentioned earlier that the swimsuit I wanted was sold out. My husband felt bad so he went on Amazon and picked out 4 similar suits and ordered them for me. My confession, I don't deserve such a fantastic man, I'm just glad he doesn't know that. ;)

What a guy!!!

Knock yourself out. Let me know how that works out for you. :smile: He's not without flaws though. His flatulence can clear full rooms and he tends to be a workaholic. He is a perfectionist so when he sets a goal, he'll do whatever it takes to reach it. That's both a gift and curse.

God definitely knew what He was doing when He molded that guy. I'm just incredibly humbled He chose me for him. *I'm not crying.

To all you singles out there, DO NOT SETTLE! You deserve someone that thinks the world of you and will do whatever it takes to make you feel like the most important person in their life. If they don't, move on. Luckily, God practically dropped my honey in lap. He knew I was lazy. :smiley:

^ This! I have the same kind of husband. He's my second husband and if I knew what marriage or a relationship *could* feel like, I wouldn't have spent so long with the abusive a$$hat I married first.

I am grateful everyday for my husband. That would be my 2nd best relationship advice: Don't settle. Don't settle. Don't settle.

Working on it. I am a happily divorced 26 year old.

May I ask what the 1st best relationship advice you have is?

My very best relationship advice is: be yourself. 100% exactly who you are from the get go. No best manners. No holding back. Just be 100% the real you, flaws and all. If you leave your cups on the coffee table all week and carry 7 coffee cups to the dishwasher on Saturday , do it from the very beginning. Whatever your worst is... they deserve to know the truth.

I was divorced and happily single for well over a year before I met my husband. I was a single mom of 3 little kids (6, 4 & 2 years old). I wasn't dating anyone and definitely wasn't looking. My washer and fridge died in under a week. We had a new maintenance man at work. I asked him to come look at them and he did. I literally needed those things fixed. I wasn't just trying to pick him up

Anyway, he asked if he could take me to eat after he looked at them and I was all "I don't need a man. I'm not looking for a relationship. But, I will tell you what... you be you...exactly who you are. I'll be me. Exactly who I am. No best behavior or pretending to be someone your aren't. If we click, great. If not, we are no worse off than we are right now. No pretending."

He agreed. I have been exactly me ever since. I was just trying to avoid heartache later when we realized that it actually wouldnt work but had put all this time in getting to know each other. We are very good together and I chalk it up to blatant honesty in who we are.

So, that is my best advice... be yourself. Don't settle. :)

I was going to suggest the same thing. My man knew who he was getting from the jump. I NEVER pretend to be something I'm not. There is no "best behavior" for me, there's just my behavior. Take it or leave it.

I'm glad you agree! I like you!

• MoHousdon
    Options
    BOOM! Told ya! I was worried I wouldn't be able to find it @Italian_Buju and @quiksylver296
    I'm dreading the day my hubby tries to use my excess tummy skin as a blanket.....yes its getting that bad :(

Confession: I just spent over an hour going through the first 20+ pages of this thread to find this. I may be a bit pathetic.

You are not pathetic. You are determined and driven!

...to prove people wrong. Yes, that's me! :wink:

• MoHousdon
    Options
    I have been having a hard time getting back on track. keep wavering between 25 and 30 lbs gone. It doesn't help that I was on vacation and then had a lot of stress in my life when I got back home.
    BUT the good news Is I AM NOT QUITTING

That IS good news!

• ApathiaDelendaEst
    ApathiaDelendaEst Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have never read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

What a guy!!!

My very best relationship advice is: be yourself. 100% exactly who you are from the get go. No best manners. No holding back. Just be 100% the real you, flaws and all. If you leave your cups on the coffee table all week and carry 7 coffee cups to the dishwasher on Saturday , do it from the very beginning. Whatever your worst is... they deserve to know the truth.

I was divorced and happily single for well over a year before I met my husband. I was a single mom of 3 little kids (6, 4 & 2 years old). I wasn't dating anyone and definitely wasn't looking. My washer and fridge died in under a week. We had a new maintenance man at work. I asked him to come look at them and he did. I literally needed those things fixed. I wasn't just trying to pick him up

Anyway, he asked if he could take me to eat after he looked at them and I was all "I don't need a man. I'm not looking for a relationship. But, I will tell you what... you be you...exactly who you are. I'll be me. Exactly who I am. No best behavior or pretending to be someone your aren't. If we click, great. If not, we are no worse off than we are right now. No pretending."

He agreed. I have been exactly me ever since. I was just trying to avoid heartache later when we realized that it actually wouldnt work but had put all this time in getting to know each other. We are very good together and I chalk it up to blatant honesty in who we are.

I was going to suggest the same thing. My man knew who he was getting from the jump. I NEVER pretend to be something I'm not. There is no "best behavior" for me, there's just my behavior. Take it or leave it.

I'm glad you agree! I like you!

I agree with the both of you too. My husband and I love each other figurative warts and all.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

What a guy!!!

I was beyond fortunate to meet my husband when I was 18. We've definitely had our moments during our almost 17 years of being together, but we've also definitely had more good than bad. He is truly my best friend.

My mom has been married 3 times and I didn't want to be like that (not judging, I just don't think I could do it more than once) when I got married. God made sure I found my other half the first time around and I'm thankful every day for him. I hope he feels the same.

I wonder what he'd think if he knew how much I brag on him in here?! Hopefully he'd be flattered and not embarrassed.

I get what you are saying. I wish I would have found my husband 10 years prior to meeting him. :)

Maybe if you had met him earlier, you wouldn't appreciate him as much. I know I surely take my husband for granted even though I know how incredibly lucky (I don't like that word) I am to have found him as early as I did. I'm working on appreciating him more. Part of that is bragging him about him on here. :smiley:

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    My poor pup has been so sick for a week now, just kinda tired and lethargic, plus a little sick to his stomach. Still eating (for the most part), but nothing seems to agree with him. Trying to get him in to see the vet in the next day or two - hopefully it's nothing serious and he just ate something bad! He might be almost seven years old, but he's still my baby

ofp2176wp2r6.jpg

Edited to add that my cats (Tadpole is the big brown and white guy, Purranha the little grey one) are totally taking advantage of him being sick... stealing food out of his bowl, swatting at him even though he isn't doing anything. They better watch out when he starts feeling better!
    votg4ib1phvb.jpg
    Gorgeous dog! I hope he feels better soon.

Cool cat tower too.

• CooCooPuff
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Double posts!

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

What a guy!!!

Love it!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

ofp2176wp2r6.jpg

votg4ib1phvb.jpg
    Gorgeous dog! I hope he feels better soon.

Cool cat tower too.

I have the exact same cat tower. LOL I'll have to find the pic I have of all 4 kitties on the tower. Of course, I can't post photos from work, so it'll have to wait. :/
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I have never read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

You can fix this, you know. It's never too late. Don't be deceived by the craptastic movie adaptations out there.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

What a guy!!!

That's always been my philosophy too. I say, "Start as you mean to go on".

Too bad so many others don't follow that advice and instead go with the Bait & Switch plan: put your best behaviour on display then slowly let the skeletons out of the closet once the other person is emotionally hooked.

In my dating experience, I found the latter approach becoming more common with age as people became more aware of what their personal "red flags" were and/or more adept at hiding them for longer.
  • CooCooPuff
    edited June 2015
    Options
    So I have an update (sorta) to my horrific dental situation. I went Saturday and had a cleaning done, had a tooth pulled (which was a huge molar and in my sinus cavity, so yeah...I'm in pain), and I go back next week to get 7 fillings. Then I have another 8 fillings to do :(

The dentist gave me the "diet talk" (i.e. "do not eat/drink these foods or all the work we're doing is negated"). No pop, no coffee unless black and chased with water, cut way back on dietary sugar/acidic fruits and vegs like tomatoes, watch the lactose unless it's cheese because the casein is beneficial... *sigh* I own a home bakery business! No more tasting frostings or cake mixes :(
    Ugg I don't even want to think about how crappy that is. I hope you can put this behind you soon.

@rungirl1973 One of my biggest regrets in pet ownership was not buying my cat a tower. He had plenty of places to climb but I always thought they looked pretty neat.

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @snoopy7501 start by cutting out slowly like some of the other people in this thread. Maybe limit yourself to one or two after dinner and cut yourself off then! I'm just one of the cold turkey goers as it's caused too many problems for me in my life. I have no doubt I could cut myself off but I don't want to :(:/ So it's best if I just abstain all together. Going on 6 months! You can do this! Positive vibes/thoughts your way!

I remember you posting about that a few hundred pages ago! That's awesome!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

What a guy!!!

Maybe if you had met him earlier, you wouldn't appreciate him as much. I know I surely take my husband for granted even though I know how incredibly lucky (I don't like that word) I am to have found him as early as I did. I'm working on appreciating him more. Part of that is bragging him about him on here. :smiley:

This! I met my husband (ooh, that still feels weird!) when we were eighteen but I was dating someone else at the time and we didn't get together until about 7 years later, and I am SO THANKFUL. I think that if we'd gotten together at that age, we would not be together now, as we needed to grow up a bit, I needed to learn from experience what I didn't want in a partner, and neither of us would have been right for each other at that age (he was still awkward with women, I was still a bit superficial and liked to party too much, and neither of us knew what we were doing with our lives.) But after several years and many horrible boyfriends, I finally was able to see how great he was and how great he is for me. I wouldn't have appreciated a lot of the things I love most about him now if I'd been given them at 18, or 21, or whatever.