Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Checking in from page 1084 I'm far behind so won't quote anything. Back from a day at Goodwood Festival of Speed was brilliant and enjoyed my pieminister beef and ale pie followed by a large Mr Whippy. My Fitbit says I did 12500 steps so I'm not even sorry!

I have to ask....what's a Mr. Whippy?

Haha not sure if anyone has answered this...if you are not from/in UK it probably sounds strange. It's soft scoop whipped ice cream in a cone with a chocolate flake. Also known as a 99 from when they used to cost 99 pence (sterling). They are served from an ice cream van. Reminds me of childhood!

I seen Orange post about clotted cream & was wondering is that more of a whipped cream, cottage cheese, or yogurt?

So the Brits can answer much more authoritatively, but when I was in the UK a couple years ago, I thought clotted cream was somewhere between whipped cream and butter. Cream cheese consistency, but butter/cream flavor. Who knows if what I got was "real" clotted cream, but it was the same in multiple shops in England, Scotland and Ireland and usually nice-ish places.
    That's a good description. Once Orangesmartie comes back she'll have more info, I'm sure. Her part of the world is the best place for clotted cream.
    BTW my best friend can't eat it because the name makes her gag.

I have to admit..the name is a little gross to me. It sounds yummy though.
    o1kbbeg1k2jh.jpg
    Looks like this.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    And I totally want to be Fitbit friends with everyone in here.

I was wondering whether people would be up for challenges, not super competitive, but things like how many steps in a day/weekend or how many calories burned in a weekend. The idea is.to motivate and give goals, rather than be winners and.losers and.moves away from scale victories
    And not just for Fitbit people..so not Fitbit based, although we could have.Fitbit challenges

If anyone is interested, I'll start a thread in the bat cave
    I can't decide if I'd like to be in this or not. I have very busy days, and others where I'm a total slug and barely hit 3000 steps, and I'd be embarrassed about that. But it does sound fun...

I have days like that too!! I was off last Monday and couch surfed and only got 2,774!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Checking in from page 1084 I'm far behind so won't quote anything. Back from a day at Goodwood Festival of Speed was brilliant and enjoyed my pieminister beef and ale pie followed by a large Mr Whippy. My Fitbit says I did 12500 steps so I'm not even sorry!

Haha not sure if anyone has answered this...if you are not from/in UK it probably sounds strange. It's soft scoop whipped ice cream in a cone with a chocolate flake. Also known as a 99 from when they used to cost 99 pence (sterling). They are served from an ice cream van. Reminds me of childhood!

I seen Orange post about clotted cream & was wondering is that more of a whipped cream, cottage cheese, or yogurt?

So the Brits can answer much more authoritatively, but when I was in the UK a couple years ago, I thought clotted cream was somewhere between whipped cream and butter. Cream cheese consistency, but butter/cream flavor. Who knows if what I got was "real" clotted cream, but it was the same in multiple shops in England, Scotland and Ireland and usually nice-ish places.
    That's a good description. Once Orangesmartie comes back she'll have more info, I'm sure. Her part of the world is the best place for clotted cream.

I have to admit..the name is a little gross to me. It sounds yummy though.
    o1kbbeg1k2jh.jpg
    Looks like this.

Well, it looks good! I'd try it!
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Finished OITNB today and, wow, can't wait to see what they do with the next season.
    I am usually low no the step count on my fitbit. That is the reason I got my tracker. I need some inspiration to get my butt moving!

I'm watching it at the moment! Almost finished season 2, may have been binge watching over the past few days haha

I'm pretty close to Orangesmartie (well the next county over I think) and Clotted Cream is a pretty huge deal down here, especially with 'Cornish' cream teas. WestCoastJo82 has it pretty spot on, its a very thick consistency somewhere between double cream and butter.

For anyone wondering, this is what it looks like. It tastes way better than it looks haha
    5lchw3a1ue4r.jpg

There's a place on the beach near me that sells 'deluxe' ice creams, so normal ice cream, crazy toppings like popping candy or smarties, and a huge dollop of clotted cream. I have no idea how anyone manages to actually eat them, just the idea of it makes me feel ill...
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    I've had an interesting challenge handed to me! :)

I've been pestering my husband and telling him that I want a Fitbit, because I think it'll motivate me to move around more so I can "win" steps and calories. ;) He thinks it's an unnecessary fitness gadget, and that I should probably just move around more by myself. :p

So, to motivate me a little (since I've been struggling a lot lately, as you all know, and he's been trying to find ways to help me with it) he gave me a challenge: If I can get my weight down to 65 kg by my birthday, he'll buy me a Fitbit. I'm currently at 69.3, and my birthday is on the eighth of October, which means I have 3.5 months to lose 4.3 kilos--very doable.

So, by putting it out here, I'm hoping you guys will help me stay accountable so I can win myself a Fitbit for my birthday! ;) (He'd probably buy it for me anyway, but I really want to win this challenge.)

Your birthday is the same day as my (late) mum's.

I got my fitbit to track my sleep, but found it really motivates me to increase my steps. Last weekend I racked up 29,007 steps one day and my SO asked me if I'd ever broken 30K... I said I hadn't... and I was seriously considering trying for another 993 steps just so I could hit 30K... even though I was exhausted.

You can totally do this!!

How do you get so many steps? I spent a big chunk of my day on my feet and I'm going to hit 13,000 (new personal best).

I'm honestly really curious. Maybe I have a setting wrong or something.

I tend to get a lot of steps, 11 or 12,000 on an average day, and usually a lot more on the weekend. We make a special effort to walk the dog every day (2 to 3 miles) on top of our normal routines and we have a goal to hike every weekend. We don't achieve that goal every weekend, but we try! The most steps I have hit was 40,000, and that was on a camping day - hiking 16 miles, setting up camp, getting firewood, etc.

Same here..I get a lot of steps every day. Before I got sick the other week and took some days off/got lazy...I was getting around 25,000-30,000 a day. That's with my daily circuit training video, running on the treadmill, and going for two separate 3mile walks with my son. Now, I'm getting more like 15,000 for my low end...still a lot, but not compared to what I was doing. I'm actually taking today off(which is crazy for me because I hardly ever have rest days) so I will be much lower today.
    I'd love to add new Fitbit friends! Let me know if you guys start adding each other! :)
    Hope everyone has a great day.
    I'm nervous because the last 2 days were high calories for me..and I'm starving today but not doing any exercise...nervous I'm going to go over AGAIN!!

That's an impressive step count. I think my highest was around 25,000 & I only hit that one or two times.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Boo I wish I had a Fitbit so I could be friends there with y'all! I have an up24 that my dad bought for me so I guess beggars can't be choosers!

@pofoster21 I'm right there with you trying my darnedest not to envy @mohousdon on her honeymoon with her hubby!!

With all the wedding talk I figured I'd throw in my 2 cents. When I was engaged we were going to do the whole justice of the peace thing and then have a big reception/party and do our wedding 'registry' for our honeymoon!

If I ever get engaged and plan to be married again, unless the in laws are footing the bill I plan on doing the same thing I wanted to before :)

Most of my coworkers have Jawbones & only a few of us have the Fitbits. The one thing I love about the Flex is that I can change the band color whenever I want. If the Garmin Vivofit wouldn't have always snapped off I would've kept it since it displayed the steps, calories burned, & never had to be charged (it had a year battery life).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    For those that are Vegan On Second Scoop reviewed an ice cream flavor

http://www.onsecondscoop.com/2015/06/steves-speculoos-cookie-butter-dairy.html
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    @riderfangal I sent you a pm but mfp is bring wonky for me today.

If you get it three times I'm sorry - if you don't get it please let me know.

It wasn't letting me retrieve my messages earlier. I am going to try from laptop later. If it doesn't come through I will send you one ☺
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Clotted cream isn't much like whipped cream at all. It's made by slowly heating full-cream milk and letting the fat rise to the surface. The clotted cream forms a kind of crust and the whole top layer gets spooned off. That all sounds pretty vile but it's really the most amazingly delicious thing.

Sounds yummy to me! So is it used mostly on ice creams?
  • riderfangal
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I've had an interesting challenge handed to me! :)

I've been pestering my husband and telling him that I want a Fitbit, because I think it'll motivate me to move around more so I can "win" steps and calories. ;) He thinks it's an unnecessary fitness gadget, and that I should probably just move around more by myself. :p

So, to motivate me a little (since I've been struggling a lot lately, as you all know, and he's been trying to find ways to help me with it) he gave me a challenge: If I can get my weight down to 65 kg by my birthday, he'll buy me a Fitbit. I'm currently at 69.3, and my birthday is on the eighth of October, which means I have 3.5 months to lose 4.3 kilos--very doable.

So, by putting it out here, I'm hoping you guys will help me stay accountable so I can win myself a Fitbit for my birthday! ;) (He'd probably buy it for me anyway, but I really want to win this challenge.)

Oooh your birthday is the day after mine!

Great challenge, you can really focus on the goal. Can you put notes on the cupboard doors in the kitchen to help?

Do you have stairs to your apartment? Can you aim to walk up and down them 10 extra times a day or something?

I love my Fitbit, I have a flex, it really motivates me to move more.

If anyone wants to be friends on Fitbit, I'm up for that

I don't have a fitbit but I may hey one just do I can be friends with you! I hate feeling left out.

SusieQ you can download pedometer apps on your phone. They aren't great but are directional. That may help you somewhat in the meantime. And to help motivate you let's post our steps every day. I track this anyway as part of my goals. I get crazy numbers on the weekends site to the barn but struggle during the week. 10k a day?

Sorry, not posting much while trying to catch up but had to comment on this. I think this would be a fun way to encourage Susie to get her Fitbit! I've enjoyed having one - I'm obsessed about getting my 10K goal, and have only missed it a couple times, other than when I was sick. I'm pretty consistent between 12-15K. I've only broken 20K once: ran with the dog in the morning, walked to work, and had a soccer game in the evening. I have a couple more days this summer that will have the same pattern so maybe my single 20K badge won't be lonely ;)

I haven't broken the 20k yet maybe this will be the motivation I need haha
  • riderfangal
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @kelly_c_77 I sent you a pm.

@riderfangal how was your date?

I think the fitbit thread is an awesome idea. I love my Fitbit and can never have enough friends to motivate me. went for a walk this morning and logged nearly 9000 steps was pretty happy.

As for the date. It was ok. Football game sucked though and we lost our starting quarterback for the rest of the season. Booo

Some of his friends met us there which was good took a bit of the pressure off. He's really nice BUT there was absolutely no spark there for me. He kept trying to hold my hand or rub my arm and I didn't quite know to avoid it without seeming rude lol. On the bright side one of his friends wife was super nice and we hit it off great. So if nothing else I made a new friend but I think the wedding plans will have to be abandoned lol
    That sounds like a perfectly successful date to me. You had an ok to nice time and figured out that he's not what you're looking for. I'm glad you made a new friend. My 16 year old has broken up with several guys by saying "I really like you a lot but not in that way. I'm sorry but I can't date you ". (I love that she came up with that honest and kind way of handling it! All on her own)

Good for her for being so straight forward at her Ave. She must have an awesome mom!
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Clotted cream isn't much like whipped cream at all. It's made by slowly heating full-cream milk and letting the fat rise to the surface. The clotted cream forms a kind of crust and the whole top layer gets spooned off. That all sounds pretty vile but it's really the most amazingly delicious thing.

Not really, although that does sound delicious. More on scones with jam (this, plus a pot of tea is a 'cream tea' and is a thing of beauty), or on something like warm apple pie or a plum crumble (a crumble is a baked fruit dessert with a butter/flour/brown sugar topping - a bit like a 'crisp' but without oats in the topping). Yum. Can you tell I'm hungry?!
  • riderfangal
    Options

Things here just got really intense and I want to run away.
    Also I think my fitbit might have stopped working.... I am gonna try and charge it now but God only knows how long its been dead or why I never got a low battery notification. If that is even what it is.....

Is everything I ok? I think we all worry about each other now. Keep us posted
  • riderfangal
    Options

Just to let you all know little man is home safe and sound. Yay!!! Picked him up a couple of hours and we went to the pool for a while. So so happy he is home!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Just to let you all know little man is home safe and sound. Yay!!! Picked him up a couple of hours and we went to the pool for a while. So so happy he is home!
    Lovely!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Not really, although that does sound delicious. More on scones with jam (this, plus a pot of tea is a 'cream tea' and is a thing of beauty), or on something like warm apple pie or a plum crumble (a crumble is a baked fruit dessert with a butter/flour/brown sugar topping - a bit like a 'crisp' but without oats in the topping). Yum. Can you tell I'm hungry?!

Yum that all sounds so good. I'll take an order of the plum crumble but maybe with apples instead & extra, extra, extra crumble:D.
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Yum that all sounds so good. I'll take an order of the plum crumble but maybe with apples instead & extra, extra, extra crumble:D.
    Yep! Can do. It would look like this. No wonder I got fat, I used to make desserts like this all the time.
    kgw0eo7c1ew4.jpg

• kelly_c_77
    Options

Yep! Can do. It would look like this. No wonder I got fat, I used to make desserts like this all the time.
    [

Omg, I'll take one too! Yum!

Also...I'm excited that so many of us are Fitbit friends now! :smiley:
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I was really trying to get to 15,000 today but I don't have 1250 more steps in me. Not if I want to walk at all tomorrow.

But I earned over 600 calories I can eat if I want. There may be some ice cream happening.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    I was really trying to get to 15,000 today but I don't have 1250 more steps in me. Not if I want to walk at all tomorrow.

But I earned over 600 calories I can eat if I want. There may be some ice cream happening.

Do it! You earned some ice cream! Enjoy it!