Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Oh all the cat talk makes me sad as I cannot have any- I'm allergic :'(

My son is allergic too big time

So is my husband--He becomes almost comatose from the horrible reactions he gets. So now I'm begging for a rodent. :smiley: His reason for refusing a hamster/rat/whatever before was that they don't interact with humans in the same way a cat or dog do, and therefore just live their life unhappily in cages. So, I've been using all the awesome stories that @Italian_Buju has told us about her degu to convince him that they totally get fond of/interact with their owners and don't have to live their entire lives in cages. :p

Tell him that is so not true!!

My little guy would run up to the side of the cage as soon as he could see me, begging to be taken out!

He was even so smart....when I turn my TV off, it makes a chime sound, and no matter what he was doing, even sleeping, once he heard that sound he would get up and go to the front of the cage waiting for me to show up and pet him!

I think hamsters might be like that, but degus and rats LOVE human interaction!! It took a few weeks of him smelling me and getting used to me touching him so he would trust me, but the rest of his life he loved being out with me!

ETA: You can also tell him that degu are hypoallergenic, they do not make dander....that was one of the main reasons we chose him to start with, my daughter has allergies to a lot of animals.

Chinchillas are similar. Can learn their names and can be potty trained. I would have another in a heartbeat.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm just a leeetle bit older than you.

How are you managing with your Ramadan fasting?

Just an eeny bit, surely we can still be birthday almost-twins. :p So far so good! I've had my period for the last few days, so I haven't had to fast, but I'll start fasting again today since it finished off a few hours ago. :)

And to answer the question before it gets asked: In Islam, it's prescribed in the Quran and hadith that women who have their periods are excused from fasting, most likely due to weakness and blood loss (I also think it's so we can eat during the day, since we tend to crave like crazy and be super-hungry... ;)); we're also excused from our five daily prayers during our periods. You aren't supposed to make up the prayers (most likely because you'd have like 35 prayers to pray if your period lasted five days!), but you do have to make up the fasts at another time, because it's obligatory to complete the full thirty days of fasting. :)

I have a lot of issues with my period.. endometriosis and fibroids. Before a surgery a good 10 years ago I was either getting, in the midst of, or recovering from my period. Or ovulating which involved period like symptoms so I was period free for about a week if I was lucky. How would you handle that?

There are plenty of Islamic recommendations/rules regarding periods, including what to do if you have issues like that, since we need to know whether we should fast/pray or not. The main rule is that if you aren't sure, do what you think is right and God always knows your intention; so you can't go wrong if your intention is good.

An "official" period is defined by the following (not necessarily all of them, but the ones that apply):
    • The blood has the specific color and smell that's associated with period blood (we all know what that's like...)
    • The period doesn't extend past fifteen days--if you've bled longer than that, you are to perform ghusl (purifying wash--basically a shower) and begin to pray and fast again, but take extra care in keeping yourself clean when you're going to pray if you continue to bleed.
    • If you have a fairly regular period, along with irregular bleeding that pops up in between your regular periods, only the regular period is considered as your period and you should pray and fast even during the other times of bleeding.
    • If you are completely uncertain about when your regular period is and the cycle it follows due to bleeding all the time/bleeding heavily all the time, then you should follow whatever period schedule you might have had before it became irregular and count the period as lasting 6-7 days, because that's the average amount of days for most periods, then perform ghusl and begin to pray again.

I actually do deal with a lot of uncertainty regarding my period, because the depo shot has made me extremely irregular and I'm almost constantly dealing with random spotting. So I pay close attention to the above and have made a general rule for myself that I won't stop praying or fasting unless I'm completely sure that it's my period; otherwise it's just business as usual. :)
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I've had an interesting challenge handed to me! :)

I've been pestering my husband and telling him that I want a Fitbit, because I think it'll motivate me to move around more so I can "win" steps and calories. ;) He thinks it's an unnecessary fitness gadget, and that I should probably just move around more by myself. :p

So, to motivate me a little (since I've been struggling a lot lately, as you all know, and he's been trying to find ways to help me with it) he gave me a challenge: If I can get my weight down to 65 kg by my birthday, he'll buy me a Fitbit. I'm currently at 69.3, and my birthday is on the eighth of October, which means I have 3.5 months to lose 4.3 kilos--very doable.

So, by putting it out here, I'm hoping you guys will help me stay accountable so I can win myself a Fitbit for my birthday! ;) (He'd probably buy it for me anyway, but I really want to win this challenge.)

Your birthday is the same day as my (late) mum's.

I got my fitbit to track my sleep, but found it really motivates me to increase my steps. Last weekend I racked up 29,007 steps one day and my SO asked me if I'd ever broken 30K... I said I hadn't... and I was seriously considering trying for another 993 steps just so I could hit 30K... even though I was exhausted.

You can totally do this!!

How do you get so many steps? I spent a big chunk of my day on my feet and I'm going to hit 13,000 (new personal best).

I'm honestly really curious. Maybe I have a setting wrong or something.
  • Oberon21
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Had a horrendous journey home. Feeling low today, cried all the way, traffic sucked. Got home and have had a bowl of ice cream with clotted cream on top.

This is how I feel today. Even though the day was great. Sad. Ate cheesecake and drank wine.
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    @pofoster21 I'm sending you a hug because you had a sucky day.

I hope tomorrow is better!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    ok guys I am on the fence about something. I got asked out on a date this weekend. I don't date because in reality I don't have a lot of free time and I am certainly not wanting to take any time away from my son. But in spite of all this I am considering going. What's a girl to do?

Do you like date asker guy? If the answer is yes, then I say GO FOR IT!

I do like said guy lol

Well, then, buy yourself something pretty (sexy, but tasteful) and go and enjoy yourself. If you just get a meal and decent conversation but it doesn't go anywhere, at least you have a pretty new dress to wear later. But if it DOES go somewhere, I think we all expect to be invited to the wedding. :smiley:

Hmmm sexy sounds like something I haven't done in a long time :) And of course you would all be invited honestly I feel closer to you guys lately than most of the people IRL :)

You HAVE to show us your choices before choosing though. I LOVE helping people pick out clothes and I've NEVER helped anyone get ready for a date before, well, besides myself of course. :smiley:

The bold part: me too!

Mo, I just ordered a couple of dresses from Modcloth for a wedding and I'm not sure which I want to wear! It's an afternoon ceremony but evening reception at a mountain lodge, so I went for more "fun" than "formal"...

This pink one
    Or this black embellished one (comes with straps)

When they actually arrive it might turn out that I hate the fit of one or both, but I couldn't decide and had to order both. All my cocktail dresses are either very winter-y (long sleeves, heavy fabrics, etc.) or too big, or make me look like a waitress (because I have an extensive collection of black cocktail dresses that I wore while bartending.)

There's a crazy four-hour gap between the ceremony and cocktail hour, though, so we were going to change, go for a hike, and come back and change back, so maybe I'll wear the pink one for the ceremony and the peacock one for the reception? Is that attention-grabby or weird?

I love love LOVE that peacock dress! But... I'm old school, so no black (or white) at weddings for me. Or is that concept passé now?

Black is very commonly worn at evening weddings here (at least the formal, hotel ballroom or whatever kind.) But I've read it's less common in the American South and in smaller cities/rural areas (where it's more traditional, I guess.) I even see black bridesmaids dresses quite often now.
    @peleroja both of those dress are AWESOME!! I'd wear the formal one for the ceremony and the fun one for the reception where you'll be dancing the night away!! That's just my opinion though, both dresses are fabulous, you have excellent taste!!

I thought the polka dots were more "daytime" than evening - I guess maybe I think it's weird to wear a black dress like that for an afternoon thing? Especially for an outdoor ceremony?

This is not my realm of expertise, though, because I normally just go to work events and wear the same couple of navy or black super conservative dresses, all high neck and sleeves and stuff.

I agree with you: I'd wear the pink one for the ceremony and the black one at night. That one would be super fun to dance in and if anyone even implies that you're taking attention away from the bride maybe tell a little white lie and say you spilled something on the pink one.

Or, maybe I'm a terrible person for thinking this way? Personally, I don't care about weddings being ALL about the bride. They eat up an enormous amount of my time on a weekend, so I'm going to look good and enjoy it!

I'm pretty much that person too because I mostly hate weddings so it's hard to have a good time. Even my own was hard to deal with and it was tiny and very nontraditional. But the whole spend a whole weekend, drive (or fly) for hours, get an expensive hotel room, wait around forever between the ceremony and reception, eat a mass-produced hunk of chicken or "prime rib" at a table full of people you barely know with a glass of mediocre Merlot, sit through hard-to-hear speeches and bouquet tossing and dances and "funny stories" while drunk randos get gropey and terrible music plays...is just not my idea of a good time.

I attend happily for people I really care about because I love them, but I'm always kind of shocked when I hear someone say they like weddings. Everything about them (apart from the actual ceremonies, which are usually nice) makes me unhappy.

Could NOT agree with you more! My husband and I are really role reversed in almost every aspect, including this one. He LOVES weddings. He gets way too excited and spends way more time figuring out what he's going to wear than I do. I dread them.

And, I've worn black to the past two weddings we've gone to. It's easier to wear for an all-day thing that involves food and drinks. Much more forgiving if someone bumps into you and causes a spill.

Arab weddings are WAY worse, especially the house weddings. They generally last for THREE DAYS. There's no room because there are three hundred plus people stuck into a house that's meant for a family of 5-6 people, and everyone sits on the floor inside or outside on rugs--it's this huge mass of bodies squished so tightly that you can't even breathe and it's swelteringly hot, and the music played is TERRIBLE and so loud that you feel like your eardrums are going to blow up. Through all of this, you're supposed to smile, look happy, pretend your make up isn't running, and wait for... 3 A.M.ish when it's finally considered "okay" to go home without looking rude.

... And some are seven days. You're expected to buy a new dress for every single day, otherwise you're not showing the bride proper respect. No, I'm not kidding. I've backed out of house weddings for years because of these reasons--I don't even care if everyone hates me and thinks I'm the rudest relative in existence. The torture isn't worth it! :o

This may be worse than water boarding. Or having my finger nails forcibly removed.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    ok guys I am on the fence about something. I got asked out on a date this weekend. I don't date because in reality I don't have a lot of free time and I am certainly not wanting to take any time away from my son. But in spite of all this I am considering going. What's a girl to do?

I do like said guy lol

Well, then, buy yourself something pretty (sexy, but tasteful) and go and enjoy yourself. If you just get a meal and decent conversation but it doesn't go anywhere, at least you have a pretty new dress to wear later. But if it DOES go somewhere, I think we all expect to be invited to the wedding. :smiley:

Hmmm sexy sounds like something I haven't done in a long time :) And of course you would all be invited honestly I feel closer to you guys lately than most of the people IRL :)

You HAVE to show us your choices before choosing though. I LOVE helping people pick out clothes and I've NEVER helped anyone get ready for a date before, well, besides myself of course. :smiley:

Mo, I just ordered a couple of dresses from Modcloth for a wedding and I'm not sure which I want to wear! It's an afternoon ceremony but evening reception at a mountain lodge, so I went for more "fun" than "formal"...

This pink one

When they actually arrive it might turn out that I hate the fit of one or both, but I couldn't decide and had to order both. All my cocktail dresses are either very winter-y (long sleeves, heavy fabrics, etc.) or too big, or make me look like a waitress (because I have an extensive collection of black cocktail dresses that I wore while bartending.)

There's a crazy four-hour gap between the ceremony and cocktail hour, though, so we were going to change, go for a hike, and come back and change back, so maybe I'll wear the pink one for the ceremony and the peacock one for the reception? Is that attention-grabby or weird?

I love love LOVE that peacock dress! But... I'm old school, so no black (or white) at weddings for me. Or is that concept passé now?

Black is very commonly worn at evening weddings here (at least the formal, hotel ballroom or whatever kind.) But I've read it's less common in the American South and in smaller cities/rural areas (where it's more traditional, I guess.) I even see black bridesmaids dresses quite often now.
    @peleroja both of those dress are AWESOME!! I'd wear the formal one for the ceremony and the fun one for the reception where you'll be dancing the night away!! That's just my opinion though, both dresses are fabulous, you have excellent taste!!

I thought the polka dots were more "daytime" than evening - I guess maybe I think it's weird to wear a black dress like that for an afternoon thing? Especially for an outdoor ceremony?

This is not my realm of expertise, though, because I normally just go to work events and wear the same couple of navy or black super conservative dresses, all high neck and sleeves and stuff.

I agree with you: I'd wear the pink one for the ceremony and the black one at night. That one would be super fun to dance in and if anyone even implies that you're taking attention away from the bride maybe tell a little white lie and say you spilled something on the pink one.

Or, maybe I'm a terrible person for thinking this way? Personally, I don't care about weddings being ALL about the bride. They eat up an enormous amount of my time on a weekend, so I'm going to look good and enjoy it!

I'm pretty much that person too because I mostly hate weddings so it's hard to have a good time. Even my own was hard to deal with and it was tiny and very nontraditional. But the whole spend a whole weekend, drive (or fly) for hours, get an expensive hotel room, wait around forever between the ceremony and reception, eat a mass-produced hunk of chicken or "prime rib" at a table full of people you barely know with a glass of mediocre Merlot, sit through hard-to-hear speeches and bouquet tossing and dances and "funny stories" while drunk randos get gropey and terrible music plays...is just not my idea of a good time.

I attend happily for people I really care about because I love them, but I'm always kind of shocked when I hear someone say they like weddings. Everything about them (apart from the actual ceremonies, which are usually nice) makes me unhappy.

Could NOT agree with you more! My husband and I are really role reversed in almost every aspect, including this one. He LOVES weddings. He gets way too excited and spends way more time figuring out what he's going to wear than I do. I dread them.

And, I've worn black to the past two weddings we've gone to. It's easier to wear for an all-day thing that involves food and drinks. Much more forgiving if someone bumps into you and causes a spill.

I'm exactly the same way. I hate attention, dressing up, and having people look at me. I don't dance, the vegetarian meals are usually not very good/filling, I don't drink...the list goes on and on.
    When we have gone to weddings, I have worn black every time.

Yes ma'am! We are twins. I do drink, but I'm very careful at weddings. Nothing like being unsteady on my high heels to completely ruin a whole look! Plus, if I am the designated driver I have more say over how long we stay.

All of this! Having people look at me and making conversation with people I don't know well, wedding food, etc etc...they're such terrible events for me. I'm also horrified by the expense and the wastefulness. The idea of spending $30,000 on one party makes me die a little inside. I just...you could do so much with that money! I don't care if that's judge-y (as it's not directed towards anyone in this thread...) I just don't get it.

And re: cake...you're all wonderful people and all, but wedding cake is definitely not sufficient compensation for having to attend an entire wedding reception, haha.

Most of the time it's not even good cake, just sickly sweet and covered in stale fondant. Such a sad dessert.

I do like the "dessert table" trend, though...but still. Definitely doesn't soothe my wedding pain.

That, plus a ridiculous amount of money for a dress that will only be worn ONCE... and all the damned fuss leading up to it!

Unfortunately the "dessert table" thing hasn't caught on here yet, that might be some compensation for me, lol.

My SO's daughter is getting married six months from now and I'm already dreading it. Thankfully I'm not involved in any of the preparations -- other than I'm apparently supposed to be nagging the SO to get a new suit, custom made no less, wtf?? -- but every now and then I catch some of the ongoing planning saga and it makes me cringe every time. Naturally, we'll be stuck at the reception to the bitter end... no ducking out early from this one :'(

I am hoping to dodge the photo shoot by insisting that I need to come home and feed the dogs. Since I'm not actually family, I think I can pull this one off successfully.

I hate weddings so much I was dreading my own. Luckily, my husband-to-be couldn't have cared less about the whole thing, so we ended up going to the JP. Only immediate family was invited (maybe 12 total). My dress cost $90. It was prom season and I found a white prom dress that was a perfect fit and looked just like my idea of a wedding dress. My husband borrowed a suit from his brother. His brother wore a suit from his closet, my sister wore a dress from hers (best man and maid-of-honor). Our "reception" was meeting back at my MIL for Stouffers lasagna, garlic bread, salad, and cake made at home in a regular cake pan. My sister worked at a florist and made my bouquet and corsages for my mom and MIL. No dancing, no speeches, no tapping of glasses (I HATE that). Total cost was under $300. I wasn't going out of my way to be cheap, I just don't understand spending loads of money on a ceremony. There are so many other things newlyweds could use that money for. I've never regretted it. We did spend actual real money on the rings, though.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Had a horrendous journey home. Feeling low today, cried all the way, traffic sucked. Got home and have had a bowl of ice cream with clotted cream on top.

This is how I feel today. Even though the day was great. Sad. Ate cheesecake and drank wine.

Sorry to hear it! We all seem to be having down days recently. I hope tomorrow is better for you and for everyone here! :)
  • Susieq_1994
    edited June 2015
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

I do like said guy lol

This pink one

I'm exactly the same way. I hate attention, dressing up, and having people look at me. I don't dance, the vegetarian meals are usually not very good/filling, I don't drink...the list goes on and on.
    When we have gone to weddings, I have worn black every time.

Yes ma'am! We are twins. I do drink, but I'm very careful at weddings. Nothing like being unsteady on my high heels to completely ruin a whole look! Plus, if I am the designated driver I have more say over how long we stay.

All of this! Having people look at me and making conversation with people I don't know well, wedding food, etc etc...they're such terrible events for me. I'm also horrified by the expense and the wastefulness. The idea of spending $30,000 on one party makes me die a little inside. I just...you could do so much with that money! I don't care if that's judge-y (as it's not directed towards anyone in this thread...) I just don't get it.

And re: cake...you're all wonderful people and all, but wedding cake is definitely not sufficient compensation for having to attend an entire wedding reception, haha.

Most of the time it's not even good cake, just sickly sweet and covered in stale fondant. Such a sad dessert.

I do like the "dessert table" trend, though...but still. Definitely doesn't soothe my wedding pain.

That, plus a ridiculous amount of money for a dress that will only be worn ONCE... and all the damned fuss leading up to it!

Unfortunately the "dessert table" thing hasn't caught on here yet, that might be some compensation for me, lol.

My SO's daughter is getting married six months from now and I'm already dreading it. Thankfully I'm not involved in any of the preparations -- other than I'm apparently supposed to be nagging the SO to get a new suit, custom made no less, wtf?? -- but every now and then I catch some of the ongoing planning saga and it makes me cringe every time. Naturally, we'll be stuck at the reception to the bitter end... no ducking out early from this one :'(

I am hoping to dodge the photo shoot by insisting that I need to come home and feed the dogs. Since I'm not actually family, I think I can pull this one off successfully.

I hate weddings so much I was dreading my own. Luckily, my husband-to-be couldn't have cared less about the whole thing, so we ended up going to the JP. Only immediate family was invited (maybe 12 total). My dress cost $90. It was prom season and I found a white prom dress that was a perfect fit and looked just like my idea of a wedding dress. My husband borrowed a suit from his brother. His brother wore a suit from his closet, my sister wore a dress from hers (best man and maid-of-honor). Our "reception" was meeting back at my MIL for Stouffers lasagna, garlic bread, salad, and cake made at home in a regular cake pan. My sister worked at a florist and made my bouquet and corsages for my mom and MIL. No dancing, no speeches, no tapping of glasses (I HATE that). Total cost was under $300. I wasn't going out of my way to be cheap, I just don't understand spending loads of money on a ceremony. There are so many other things newlyweds could use that money for. I've never regretted it. We did spend actual real money on the rings, though.

Completely in agreement. I didn't want to waste money on a wedding at all, so I pretty much begrudged every penny that was spent on the thing. My mother wanted it badly, though. My wedding dress was this horribly heavy, traditional Omani wedding dress--It was a nightmare to get on and off. When I tried to take it off after the wedding was over, I pretty much just got stuck in it and my husband and I laughed 'til we nearly cried trying to rip the thing off of me. O.o Also, he laughed even more because my aunt had stuffed an ENTIRE box of tissue down the chest because apparently I didn't have enough to suit her, and when we were trying to pull it off a whole pile of ripped up tissue came floating down. :D

My dress:

2aub05l1h0ed.jpg

hk19m7qf7oca.jpg

... I almost killed myself in those heels, just so you all know.

Editing to add... Also, the make-up was so horrible that my husband actually pointed and laughed and laughed and laughed when he finally saw me. He also pulled out his phone and took a picture so he could laugh some more later. :D This was after he took his first look and said "Oh my God. I didn't sign up for this. I AM OUT OF HERE." and turned on his heel and pretended to run away. :p

It kind of sounds like he was being mean when I write it out, but it was actually pretty hilarious to both of us--we have a weird sense of humor. I mean, guys, seriously: THE MAKE-UP ARTIST DREW AN EXTRA LIP ON ME. She said I didn't have enough lip, whatever that means. O.O
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

HUGS (virtual hugs). That was my day yesterday. I was CRANKY for no reason. GRUMPY, CRANKY GRRRRRR! I did my best to not show it but inside I was a grouch. Cheesecake and wine sounds good. I hope you have a happier today tomorrow - to @pofoster21, @orangesmartie, and @Susieq_1994 (and anyone else who had or is having that kind of a day.)

• nonoelmo
    Options
    Thank you @Susieq_1994 for the recipe thread! I also thought (but I think I neglected to type) how sad I was to hear of the violence and murders on your Holiest of days.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, @Susieq_1994! That dress is so amazingly beautiful! I bet you looked like a beautiful perfect angel on that day! :)

It was you I thought of last night when I found out about the Kuwait bombing. I got to use your explantions of Ramadan when I was explaining to my mother why I thought it was especially despicable. I've always thought attacks on holy places - whatever the religion - are horrid, but given that I now know the meaning of Ramadan, it seems even worse. :'(
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 Lovely dress!
  • nonoelmo
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 Thank you for the picture of your wedding dress. It is pretty in its way, it is very different than what mine was. Mine was a tea-length dress with a deep V back and a simple sleeveless style. It was white and had a gauzy over layer and some flower/pearls along the neckline. It was sewn for me by a friend of my ex who had made wedding dresses for years. She did it without a pattern in about two hours - amazing!!! Ex and I eloped, my mom threw us a "renewal of vows" wedding that looked every bit like a wedding. All I did was show up. My cousin and best friend were told to wear pastel shade tea-length dresses. My ex had a few friends in rented tuxes. It was outdoors next to a creek. We had a barbeque afterward. The cake was hugely expensive and from a bakery / chocolate shop. I'm gluten free so I didn't have any of my cake either. I think my mom liked the wedding she planned...

ETA I really like that you shared the picture with us. It does not look comfortable but it is lovely!
  • Susieq_1994
    edited June 2015
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Oh my gosh, @Susieq_1994! That dress is so amazingly beautiful! I bet you looked like a beautiful perfect angel on that day! :)

It was you I thought of last night when I found out about the Kuwait bombing. I got to use your explantions of Ramadan when I was explaining to my mother why I thought it was especially despicable. I've always thought attacks on holy places - whatever the religion - are horrid, but given that I now know the meaning of Ramadan, it seems even worse. :'(

Thank you for your thoughts and for your dawah to your mother, as well. The Holy month of Ramadan is so sacred to Muslims that we are forbidden from fighting or going to war with anyone during it--the only fighting allowed is in self-defense, if someone attacks you. And yet ISIS, the so called "Islamists", have stepped up their murderous ways and are now killing as many as they can, it seems; I just found out that the bombing was a coordinated attack in THREE separate countries: Tunisia, France, and Kuwait. 25 killed in Kuwait, 38 in Tunisia, and I don't know how many were killed in France. It makes me so angry! :(

I didn't look like an angel, by the way. Thanks to my make up artist, I looked like a clown that lost their way to the circus. :D
  • Susieq_1994
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You're all very welcome! I picked the colors for the dress (Omanis generally prefer much more gaudy colors than pink and blue: the sample that I saw of the dress was bright green and yellow and orange and purple and... :D etc.), but I have to admit that it's way too... blingy... for my personal preference. Also, extremely uncomfortable. I could swear that it weighed twenty pounds and not even be exaggerating. It was so hard to get out of that there were THREE openings: Two under my arms and one in the back. And even then, it was almost impossible. :|
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    For any of those of you Tubbs was that you? excited about my Princess Bride dress I am starting to actually work on it right now. I have the muslin and the two patterns and I've cleared my kitchen table and have my special sewing only scissors.

These talks of weddings and wedding dresses and honeymoons remind me that I really would like to know what a good marriage is like. However, being intimately knowledgeable of what a very unhappy marriage is like I am in no hurry nor do I necessarily need it (self sufficient and independent little lady that I am.) However, I will put it out there loud and clear that I want a loving husband who is good to me and my kids. SO may be that man, he's certainly in the running so far. :wink: It is not something we have talked about and I am not bringing it up until I am clear in my mind how I feel for sure about him in that role.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    For any of those of you Tubbs was that you? excited about my Princess Bride dress I am starting to actually work on it right now. I have the muslin and the two patterns and I've cleared my kitchen table and have my special sewing only scissors.

Not entirely sure, but I think it was @FroggyBug who was really excited about it. :)
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Not entirely sure, but I think it was @FroggyBug who was really excited about it. :)

I think you are right (waving hello to @FroggyBug). I am horrible with names, even in person. Sorry in advance if I get someone's wrong.

• Susieq_1994
    Options

I think you are right (waving hello to @FroggyBug). I am horrible with names, even in person. Sorry in advance if I get someone's wrong.

I actually have a really strange way of remembering names very, very well. Mention the first name of someone that I've just HEARD OF before, and their last name will usually pop right into my head. :p

Anyhow, it's time for me to head off to bed. :) Prayers have been read and the fast has begun--it's 4:12 A.M. and I need some sleep. ;) Hope everyone has a wonderful day/night/evening. :) Goodnight (morning) all!