Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So, I did my 30 minutes of circuit training and followed it with a 4.25 mile run. Not bad for feeling like crap, I guess. @Susieq_1994, does the word "crap" bother you? If so, I apologize and won't use it again.

Nope, that particular word doesn't bother me much, so no need to worry about it. :)
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I will report back.

My leg is sore because I walked into the corner of my desk at work yesterday. I'm clumsy like that.

Ouch! I do stuff like that ALL THE TIME. :D I've been known to miss the door and run into the frame on occasion, and I'm not even kidding. O.o Hope you can get your steps in anyway! :)

Same here. Wouldn't be so bad if it didn't result in a giant bruise. A week ago I assumed someone was holding the door open for me at the Y, but he released it and I was holding something and put out my arm, and wham! now a nice bruise on the top of my wrist.
  • Coastalpath
    Coastalpath Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Checking in from page 1084 I'm far behind so won't quote anything. Back from a day at Goodwood Festival of Speed was brilliant and enjoyed my pieminister beef and ale pie followed by a large Mr Whippy. My Fitbit says I did 12500 steps so I'm not even sorry!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm pretty proud of myself for sticking to my calorie goal today; and while fitting in ice cream, too! I'm almost afraid to let the pride sink in, in case it goes downhill and I somehow end up going and eating the kitchen...

You did it. Great job! I confess I don't usually crave food except around certain times of the month but today I want a cheese sandwich or pizza or something bad.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Checking in from page 1084 I'm far behind so won't quote anything. Back from a day at Goodwood Festival of Speed was brilliant and enjoyed my pieminister beef and ale pie followed by a large Mr Whippy. My Fitbit says I did 12500 steps so I'm not even sorry!

I have to ask....what's a Mr. Whippy?

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Confession: My mother's family's political fighting and bickering is getting really old, and I deactivated my Facebook account so I don't have to see it anymore. -_-

I'm sorry. And we just became friends! Oh well I'll find you here. Guess no more rescue dog postings for you!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »

Yes I was wondering that too
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm pretty proud of myself for sticking to my calorie goal today; and while fitting in ice cream, too! I'm almost afraid to let the pride sink in, in case it goes downhill and I somehow end up going and eating the kitchen...

You did it. Great job! I confess I don't usually crave food except around certain times of the month but today I want a cheese sandwich or pizza or something bad.

I am eating a cheese sandwich right now with ham and pickles and it is delicious haha
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    3rd I my age group today at a local 5k. Won a shirt and $. Yay me!0tcirl7bjif9.jpg

I think this is going to post side ways

ETA yep sideways

Way to go!! That is super great and super fantastic!!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Just checking in - I'm at 8,519 steps so far. :)
  • Dnarules
    Options

Ok, I looked this up and it seems to be an Australian brand of soft serve ice cream or frozen yogurt? Sounds yummy.

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

OdesAngel wrote: »
    Confession: I like to sing "come on eileen" in my head when I jog. It helps me keep pace.

I have it on my playlist.

Thanks for good thoughts and prayers for my mum, she's doing a whole lot better now.

I'm feeling lazy this morning, and bourbon biscuits are calling me. Trying to resist. Charlie wants to go see the otters and penguins again today.

And Omg!!! I'm going to be climbing a mountain in a week's time. I'm nervous and scared and excited. I'm so pleased that I've raised so much money for the alzheimer's society though, all those donations are going to be what gets me to the top!

And if that wasn't enough, I totally forgot that it's my annual 10 mile charity night walk the week after for a local hospice. My friends and I have done this for the last 3 years and it's great fun.

I hope everyone has a good day.

You will do great! I am so excited for the mountain. I can't wait to hear all the stories and see the pictures. Since you are doing it with your boyfriend are you guys all good now? And have fun with Charlie today!

No we haven't sorted things out yet, mostly because I'm a coward, but going to have before next weekend! We've been a bit like ships in the night the past week.

We ended up at the zoo again. Had a lovely day Hut now I have a very tired, grumpy little boy.
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Are you confessing to secret woodchucking?

I don't think woodchucking is generally a secret that would garner a confession... Every time we toss out a piece of paper, we're generally chucking wood. :p Maybe he's confessing to wasting too much paper. o:)

You win the internet today! Bows down and then run away embarrassed.

lol! Thank you, thank you. ;)
    Guys in case you thought I was dead I am just checking in to say I have to catch up this weekend. Was just to busy the last 2 days. See you tomorrow!

I did notice that you were gone , but assumed that you were having a busy weekend. :)

@nonoelmo Those pictures are beautiful! :)
    @orangesmartie You encouraged me yesterday, I'm encouraging you today: You can do this! Think positive thoughts and tell yourself that you've got this and that those biscuits have no power over you. :) I'm sure you'll rock that mountain climb, too!! :smiley: The walk should be a piece of cake after conquering a mountain, right? ;)

I can have cake after I climb the mountain???
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    My daughter is doing well overall. She is with her dad tonight. She called me, "mom, you were right, I started watching TV and I ate two waffles after dinner. I feel like a walrus." I talked her down and left her feeling better. We have noticed that TV seems to be an eating trigger with her so she took netflix off her phone (which is where she was watching so much, while eating.) She agreed that we'd go for a jog in the morning before work so she didn't have to stress over those calories. I added up what she ate today in my head and I think even with those calories she was at about 1300-1600 calories. That is about right for her especially as we didn't work out today. I told her that she may have eaten too much at one time and for the wrong reasons but that she didn't overeat today. She felt better about that too.

At work today, my daughter looked me over- daughter "Mom, I like those jeans do you think they come in my size?" Me "Yes, we can go look for them this weekend, I'd like another pair too." (Note - daughter is 1 inch taller and about 5 - 6 pounds lighter than me, she's one jean size smaller and I have more butt and hip, but I didn't want to point that out to her because although she does not think I need to lose weight she struggles with thinking she is fat and her logic seems to be that if I'm ok and she's wearing a smaller size than me then it is easier for her to accept herself.) The NSV was teen daughter liked the jeans I bought in Macy's petite section - Levi's. :smiley: Another side note - the ONLY person she judges for anything is herself, she has friends she adores of all shapes, sizes, genders, colors, and orientations. I am working on her not talking so negatively about herself. It is slow going.

Wow!! I think you are an amazing mom. I have a daughter and while I hope and pray that her life is perfect, I know it won't be and when she has trouble, I truly hope I can be half as supportive and understanding as you are for yours.

Aww thanks. I have a horrible relationship with my mom so I try to give my daughter what she needs. She's a good almost adult teen.

You are an amazing mom @nonoelmo

I agree with this. :) It would have been so much more awesome growing up if my mother was like you! :open_mouth:

Confession: I'm feeling pretty down and depressed today, as mentioned on my status. I tried doing some exercise and watching Phineas and Ferb (No judging, I'm a kid at heart! ;)), but it didn't help much. I honestly feel like I'm going to mess up today and I'm worried that the feeling is right and I'm going to give into it and kill my calories after managing to AT LEAST stick within maintenance for this whole week so far. :(

Also, I'm pretty upset; I just found out that ISIS has blown up another mosque in Kuwait. They blow up one of our holy buildings on the most holy day of the week in THE MOST HOLY MONTH OF THE YEAR, killing Muslims left and right with no regard for life, and people still dare to point their fingers at us and say that Islam is responsible for ISIS.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if I were told that they've raped, tortured, and killed more Muslims than non-Muslims. They are NOT Islamists or Muslim extremists or jihadists or any other label that contains Islam in it, no matter what they might say--they're just a bunch of disgusting murderers. Not that someone who kills a non-Muslim isn't a murderer--killing innocent people is haraam in Islam REGARDLESS of their religion, and anyone who kills them is a disgusting murderer as well; I just hate that people dare to even TRY to blame Muslims for the horrible acts of ISIS when they're mass murdering Muslims TOO, and in their own places of worship.

Thanks for letting me vent. :(

I'm not judging. I love P&F. One of my kids is obsessed, and I can sing just about every song. It's one of the few cartoons that never annoys me. We have a stuffed Perry that makes the noise. <3

That makes me upset too. I hate that people just assume that all Muslims agree with ISIS without doing any research at all to see that they couldn't be more wrong. Very unfair.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Confession: My mother's family's political fighting and bickering is getting really old, and I deactivated my Facebook account so I don't have to see it anymore. -_-

I'm sorry. And we just became friends! Oh well I'll find you here. Guess no more rescue dog postings for you!

No worries, I'll probably be back soon. ;) Deactivating a Facebook account isn't like deleting your MFP--When you try to log back in with your old ID, everything is back to where it was, including the friends on your list. Maybe once I've forgotten how annoying everyone in that family is, I'll re-activate. :p
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

I don't think woodchucking is generally a secret that would garner a confession... Every time we toss out a piece of paper, we're generally chucking wood. :p Maybe he's confessing to wasting too much paper. o:)

Guys in case you thought I was dead I am just checking in to say I have to catch up this weekend. Was just to busy the last 2 days. See you tomorrow!

I did notice that you were gone , but assumed that you were having a busy weekend. :)

@orangesmartie You encouraged me yesterday, I'm encouraging you today: You can do this! Think positive thoughts and tell yourself that you've got this and that those biscuits have no power over you. :) I'm sure you'll rock that mountain climb, too!! :smiley: The walk should be a piece of cake after conquering a mountain, right? ;)

lol! Yes, you can definitely have cake after climbing the mountain. I'll even bake it for you if you want, but I can't guarantee what it'll look or taste like when it arrives there from Saudi Arabia! :o But I would say that the calorie burn from climbing a mountain would surely buy you an enormous slab of cake. ;)
  • orangesmartie
    edited June 2015
    Options

Ok, I looked this up and it seems to be an Australian brand of soft serve ice cream or frozen yogurt? Sounds yummy.

It's British!!!

It is a soft serve ice cream that has more air in it and is therefore lighter in texture. It was developed by a clinical team of which Mrs Thatcher (yes that one) was a member.

Mr Whippy is the brand that developed the soft serve, and so it could be 'poured' from a machine in the back of ice cream vans, but it's become a general term for all soft serve ice creams sold in these machines

http://www.wcrs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/ice-cream-copy.jpg
  • orangesmartie
    Options

lol! Yes, you can definitely have cake after climbing the mountain. I'll even bake it for you if you want, but I can't guarantee what it'll look or taste like when it arrives there from Saudi Arabia! :o But I would say that the calorie burn from climbing a mountain would surely buy you an enormous slab of cake. ;)

Woohoo! *plans cake feast*

Actually I already have 2 huge cherry cheesecakes on order from an amazing bakery near my grandmother. We pick then up after the climb and have to transport them 400 miles home to our freezer
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Just checking in and wanted to say that I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!
  • Dnarules
    Options

It's British!!!

It is a soft serve ice cream that has more air in it and is therefore lighter in texture. It was developed by a clinical team of which Mrs Thatcher (yes that one) was a member.

Mr Whippy is the brand that developed the soft serve, and so it could be 'poured' from a machine in the back of ice cream vans, but it's become a general term for all soft serve ice creams sold in these machines

http://www.wcrs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/ice-cream-copy.jpg

Thanks for that :).
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    @pofoster21 Great job!

Thanks again everyone for the support. DH is feeling a lot better... hopefully it was just a one time incident that wont happen again.