Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Just checking in - I'm at 8,519 steps so far. :)

You got this!
  • StacyJ8888
    StacyJ8888 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was able to button jeans (easily, with a little slack) that did not fit me 3 weeks ago...and I was able to fit my cell phone in the front pocket without struggling and maneuver my whole hand in there to grab it instead of the thumb and forefinger pincer grab at the edge of the pocket. A small victory until I looked at myself in a full length mirror and saw my squishy, soft apron belly hanging over each side of the front seam...ughhh. The inside of both thighs are now collapsing into layered rolls of skin..and I still have over 160 lbs to go...ughhhh. I am secretly hoping "melted" is a turn on for someone out there.
    The good news? The "girls" are still filling their cups to capacity ..for now.. and I saw car seat fabric between my thighs...which means my tummy and thighs are smaller. When I sit my belly rounds out like a basketball instead of spreading out and around like Jabba the Hutt is lounging across my lap.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Just checking in - I'm at 8,519 steps so far. :)

Whoop whoop! Excellent!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Double double post hold the sugar
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I keep trying to learn to love sushi, but I just can't do it.

I really only like avocado rolls. But I LOVE seaweed salad and ... oh my Gosh I can't remember the name of the snow peas with salt.... Grrr I hate when I blank like this!

Me too...yum! Our neighbors own a Japanese Grill and Sushi bar and will often make/give us massive amounts of seaweed salad and veggie sushi rolls...avocado, sweet potato, cucumber, asparagus...etc.. So good!!
    Also @Tubbs216, congrats on the graduation and making better (no good or bad, right?) food choices!!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Are you confessing to secret woodchucking?

I don't think woodchucking is generally a secret that would garner a confession... Every time we toss out a piece of paper, we're generally chucking wood. :p Maybe he's confessing to wasting too much paper. o:)

You win the internet today! Bows down and then run away embarrassed.

lol! Thank you, thank you. ;)
    Guys in case you thought I was dead I am just checking in to say I have to catch up this weekend. Was just to busy the last 2 days. See you tomorrow!

I did notice that you were gone , but assumed that you were having a busy weekend. :)

@nonoelmo Those pictures are beautiful! :)
    @orangesmartie You encouraged me yesterday, I'm encouraging you today: You can do this! Think positive thoughts and tell yourself that you've got this and that those biscuits have no power over you. :) I'm sure you'll rock that mountain climb, too!! :smiley: The walk should be a piece of cake after conquering a mountain, right? ;)

I can have cake after I climb the mountain???

Ha! :)
    Glad to hear you guys went to the zoo again...Charlie really is one lucky little boy! Did you get in another 8 miles of walking while there?
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    StacyJ8888 wrote: »
    I was able to button jeans (easily, with a little slack) that did not fit me 3 weeks ago...and I was able to fit my cell phone in the front pocket without struggling and maneuver my whole hand in there to grab it instead of the thumb and forefinger pincer grab at the edge of the pocket. A small victory until I looked at myself in a full length mirror and saw my squishy, soft apron belly hanging over each side of the front seam...ughhh. The inside of both thighs are now collapsing into layered rolls of skin..and I still have over 160 lbs to go...ughhhh. I am secretly hoping "melted" is a turn on for someone out there.
    The good news? The "girls" are still filling their cups to capacity ..for now.. and I saw car seat fabric between my thighs...which means my tummy and thighs are smaller. When I sit my belly rounds out like a basketball instead of spreading out and around like Jabba the Hutt is lounging across my lap.

Thats great! I know it seems like a long road ahead, but the small victories are whats worth celebrating and what will keep you going!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I wasted calories on bad ice cream today. :disappointed:

At least the burgers I got after were pretty good.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Are you confessing to secret woodchucking?

I don't think woodchucking is generally a secret that would garner a confession... Every time we toss out a piece of paper, we're generally chucking wood. :p Maybe he's confessing to wasting too much paper. o:)

You win the internet today! Bows down and then run away embarrassed.

lol! Thank you, thank you. ;)
    Guys in case you thought I was dead I am just checking in to say I have to catch up this weekend. Was just to busy the last 2 days. See you tomorrow!

I did notice that you were gone , but assumed that you were having a busy weekend. :)

@nonoelmo Those pictures are beautiful! :)
    @orangesmartie You encouraged me yesterday, I'm encouraging you today: You can do this! Think positive thoughts and tell yourself that you've got this and that those biscuits have no power over you. :) I'm sure you'll rock that mountain climb, too!! :smiley: The walk should be a piece of cake after conquering a mountain, right? ;)

I can have cake after I climb the mountain???

Ha! :)
    Glad to hear you guys went to the zoo again...Charlie really is one lucky little boy! Did you get in another 8 miles of walking while there?

No we only did 5 today. Charlie spent a lot of time playing on the adventure playground and I spent time reading my kindle
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Confession (sort of) I was lined up and ready for Zumba class again when I talked my daughter out of it. We'd already spent 1.5 hours shoveling and raking dirt and rocks for a museum project. The we'd hit the weight room and lifted legs, then jumped on the eliptical for 35 minutes. I was tired and sweaty. We are going to run a hilly route tomorrow. and if she wants to do so we'll swim this afternoon. I don't feel guilty. Just ready for a little nap.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    POF, nice job on the 5K! Wooo Hooo!
    I signed daughter and I up for one July 4th. I have trained exactly one day, 1.5 miles. I just plan to finish and if it is under 32-33 minutes I'll be delighted!! I told daughter she does not have to run my pace (she says she will) b/c she is much faster than me. I did try to train a couple of other days but had some calf issues and decided to not push a hurting calf.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    @atypicalsmith (I think it was you) and POF - I agree on the Therapeutic Riding. My son (multiple things including autism) has done this for several years and after a few years break from it (his choice) he wants to do it again. I'm working on the application forms this weekend.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Welcome to the new posters and I know there were other comments I wanted to reply to, but I will have to check back in later.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Confession... I had a cheat meal yesterday (Jersey Mikes Sub) then went for another bike ride afterwards (38+ total for the day) so I went to the store and bought some gelato and ate half the container. Still lost weight. I like this idea... lol
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession... I had a cheat meal yesterday (Jersey Mikes Sub) then went for another bike ride afterwards (38+ total for the day) so I went to the store and bought some gelato and ate half the container. Still lost weight. I like this idea... lol

Oh nom, nom, nom can't go wrong with Jersey Mikes!! That's SUPER great (has to be on the page somewhere :)) you still lost weight!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Well my son is going to his dads tonight and that is always as most of you guys know super worrisome for me. I am resisting the urge to stop at the grocery store and buy a big bag of chips and maybe some dip and dive in and not surface out them til morning.

I hope this went ok. I worry about your son now too!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Ack I'm 22 pages behind!

I'm in book-mourning as I've just finished the latest book in the Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones for you tv people) and the next one isn't even finished being written. Boo!

I'm not sure if book-mourning is a real phrase, but I know several people on this thread will know exactly what I mean.

If that isn't a real phrase it definitely should be. I know I've felt it before and I probably will again.

I totally get book-mourning, especially after a series. (I'm looking at YOU, Rick Riordan!)

ME TOO!!! I read constantly. One of my favorite series is by Patrick Rothfuss. The first book is called The Name of the Wind. The series isn't finished and the waiting for book 3 has been DREADFULLY long.

ETA - Also, The Song of Ice and Fire series is amazing. I totally understand your mourning. Also, I loved Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series! I think we might have similar taste in books!

I didn't read that first series mentioned, you quoted me and another poster (@spamarie). :) I've read Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, his Heroes of Olympus series, and his Kane Chronicles and loved all of them! I really enjoy kid-friendly books that have good plots. :)

Sway by Amber McRee Turner is a really amazing child friendly book. I loved it

Ooh, I LOVE getting book recommendations that I might actually be able to read! Thank you! :)

I actually went through my Kindle the other day and was going to write down all the one I thought you might like but I thought you might think that was weird :)

I definitely wouldn't! I love to read, but there are so few books that I'm able to read due to my phobia, and I'm also afraid to go LOOKING for books because I don't know how to determine how "safe" they are. I'd love any recommendations you could give me. :)
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    Oh, also not so much a confession, but I know there was a lot of discussion about cauliflower as a substitute for things on this thread a few (well a lot of) pages back... I finally got around to making 'cauliflower rice' (aka cauliflower haha) and had it with curry I made from scratch. Consider me converted, it's amaaaazingggg. So few calories, so much yumminess!

Told you so! ;) I was the one who brought that up, actually; I'd be happy to share my mixed fried cauliflower rice recipe if you want to try another one! :)

Oh that sounds delicious! @Susieq_1994 - would you please share the mixed fried cauliflower rice recipe? Also, if you have a recipe for a cauliflower-type cheesy fake mashed potato dish, I'd love that, too!

Sure, I'll send it to you in a private message. :) I'm personally not a fan of replacing potatoes with cauliflower (I don't think the taste or texture come close enough), so I've never tried that particular substitution. But the rice is really close, enough that you hardly notice the difference at all!

@KrisiAnnH I'll send it to you as well. ;)

Someone may have already done this, but maybe a recipe thread in the group would be a good idea?

It hasn't been done, but it IS a pretty good idea! Recipes tend to fly around here--I know I've shared tons of them with people in this thread, both through PM and through just posting them here. :)

I would love a centralized location for recipes. I have missed so many of them and there are just too many pages to go thru to find them.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I am wearing a skirt today (which happens maybe twice a year) and every time I go in the bathroom I check out my butt and do a little shake thing because I like the way the skirt moves :blush:

I love skirts. I do this with dangly earrings and bracelets and necklaces. I love to hear them jingle.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Me too!! @Susieq_1994 will you please start one? With your cauliflower rice?

I don't like cooked cauliflower as a rule, but maybe I'll like that.

I don't like many cooked veggies.

PS- 11,627 steps right now.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »

Oh nom, nom, nom can't go wrong with Jersey Mikes!! That's SUPER great (has to be on the page somewhere :)) you still lost weight!

I do looove me some Jersey Mikes. Soooo so good. I wish I didn't have one 3 miles from my house. Temptation! lol