Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My 20 year old boy got his "proposed treatment plan" from the dentist. I don't think there's a tooth that doesn't need something. We're talking about $15k worth of dental work. I don't have any words. I want to throttle him.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    kd92b3js609v.jpg
    War wound for POF! Pinched my hand between two 45s.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Stupid pic won't post

Ha! Got it!!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    A NSV victory today. I wore a pair of jeans to work today that I haven't fit into for 7 years!!! They are still a little snug in the tummy region but 5 months ago I couldn't get them past my thighs!!

Whoo, great NSV!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Stupid pic won't post

Ha! Got it!!!

yyyyyeeeOOOUCH!

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    kd92b3js609v.jpg
    War wound for POF! Pinched my hand between two 45s.

Oww!!!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Can you all believe we are on page 1200?

Yay! I didn't miss this one! (I missed when we hit 1000 :cry: )

I missed it. Since I owned 1188 this am I am thinking I have a lot of catching up to do. :(
  • Oberon21
    Options
    laurajo521 wrote: »
    Can I still make a confession? Please don't think any less of me, because this is horrible.

Whenever I go to the gym or when I am at the expo and/or starting line for a race, I look to see if there is someone bigger than me. And I never sign up for a race without checking the previous year's results to see if someone finished after my anticipated finish time. I know it's horrible, but I am still very self-conscious when it comes to exercising around other people.

Whatever motivates you is fine! Whenever I have a race, I pick one woman heavier than me and say "She is not going to finish before me." And then I push to make it so. Probably not the most politically correct motivation, but it's motivation and I'll take it!

I do this too. Sadly they usually finish before me. Heavy does not equal slow. And skinny does not equal fast.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Talking of 'girly' things, I'm right there with you. I really need a new sewing machine and I want this one with the fire of a thousand suns. It's stupid expensive, and doesn't have all the features I need, but it's sooooo pretty....
    bymq5qabx0d6.jpg

I still need to learn how to run the one I own!!! My mother sewed a lot and I never learned from her before she passed. That is something truly missed out on.
    It makes me sad that my daughter has no interest in learning to sew. It brings me such pleasure, I'd love to share it with her.

I enjoy sewing but only by hand. I'll have to dig out the christening dress I made my niece...14 years ago. Last major thing I sewed.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    So, tonight for dinner we're having crescent dogs (or pigs in a blanket if you will), maple baked beans, and salad. I'm actually excited about this lol.

I am way behind so hope this means you are feeling better!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I'm almost 30 pages behind (largely avoided my laptop this weekend and was off today) but I'm still alive!

NSV: Put on a shirt today that I wore on vacation two years ago. The difference is huge, and that was such a great motivation boost!

Sweeet! Congrats! My NSV this weekend was going to the amusement park and not having to skip rides or sit in the XL seating, if available. I was able to ride rides that I had not since 2013. Rides that I also could not fit their restraints even just a few months ago. Made me feel really good!

Great NSVs!

Which ride did you enjoy the most?

My fav is the 300 ft Drop Tower. But the Dale Earnhardt Intimidator is the best coaster there. Sooo fast and smooth.

(Taken 4th of July before the fireworks)
    10400015_900396810031363_1211432755952258608_n.jpg?oh=462daef7ca739ab79eafb52ddf27faac&oe=561FEBE6

• Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    May not be appropriate for @Susieq_1994!

Confession: I found out last night that a friend I used to work with has just been charged with second-degree murder of his wife, who has been missing since November. I'm having a hard time and am absolutely shocked, and still don't really believe it, even though the police quotes say he's been concealing the body at his home for the past 8 months. It just doesn't seem to compute at all against the person I remember.

This is just horrible. How do people do that? How do people not SMELL the decaying body?

They do smell it and they end up telling the police later that they felt bad for the guy or didn't really think anything of it because he is so nice! Like what happened with John Wayne Gacy.

• Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 I read a good book over the weekend. It is called What She left Behind by Ellen Marie Wiseman. Its about a young woman committed to an insane asylum in the 1930's by her father because she wouldn't marry who he wanted her too. Was so good I was sad when it ended

I'm going to add that to my Goodreads list. Sounds like it could be up my alley!

Me, too! I wonder if I order it off Amazon if it would arrive in time for my vacation?

ETA: I bought it and it's supposed to arrive by tomorrow. I love Amazon Prime! I also bought her other book, The Plum Tree, just because. Can't have too many books for vacation!

I have the kindle app for my tablet and Amazon has what is called Kindle Unlimited where for $9.95/month you can download up to 10 books at a time for that one price. Best thing ever!!

I also downloaded the Plum Tree . Going to start that one tonight lol

I've tried an e-reader. I just prefer real paper books...

Count me in as a real book reader. I got a kindle for christmas years ago, I just couldn't get into it. I recently signed up with the library in this City, man oh man I am in love all over again. So many books and so little time!

I prefer real books too! I got a Kobo a few years ago (Canada's big book store chain is Chapters, they have the Kobo e-reader) and I ended up using it to play solitaire. I never downloaded a single book.

I am totally in the minority here. I read all my books on my tablet. A friend bought me a book I was really wanting to read and it is collecting dust. I bought the e-book for myself later ;)

I have firmly joined the e-book club. I often read while travelling and it upsets me to damage a book. Plus it's annoying when you finish something and still have 2 hours to waste. Plus I have a habit of reading huge long series which I haven't got physical space for. Ebooks for the win.

Yes, to all of this! If I like the first book in a series then I want to read the whole series. Right now. I'm very impatient. :)

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    May not be appropriate for @Susieq_1994!

Confession: I found out last night that a friend I used to work with has just been charged with second-degree murder of his wife, who has been missing since November. I'm having a hard time and am absolutely shocked, and still don't really believe it, even though the police quotes say he's been concealing the body at his home for the past 8 months. It just doesn't seem to compute at all against the person I remember.

This is just horrible. How do people do that? How do people not SMELL the decaying body?

They do smell it and they end up telling the police later that they felt bad for the guy or didn't really think anything of it because he is so nice! Like what happened with John Wayne Gacy.

Ahhh don't get me started on JWG!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    So, tonight for dinner we're having crescent dogs (or pigs in a blanket if you will), maple baked beans, and salad. I'm actually excited about this lol.

I am way behind so hope this means you are feeling better!

A little better than yesterday, but I'm still struggling. I'm going by the doctor's office tomorrow after Raelynn's appointment so I can finally get my appointment rescheduled.
  • Oberon21
    edited July 2015
    Options
    [/quote]

A little better than yesterday, but I'm still struggling. I'm going by the doctor's office tomorrow after Raelynn's appointment so I can finally get my appointment rescheduled. [/quote]

I'm so sorry. Hopefully the doctor can do something to make you feel better.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    laurajo521 wrote: »
    Can I still make a confession? Please don't think any less of me, because this is horrible.

Whenever I go to the gym or when I am at the expo and/or starting line for a race, I look to see if there is someone bigger than me. And I never sign up for a race without checking the previous year's results to see if someone finished after my anticipated finish time. I know it's horrible, but I am still very self-conscious when it comes to exercising around other people.

I've done that, look at the finish times from previous years, especially for small town races.
    I also once finished a 15k dead last. I ran it in just under 1:30. Yeah, the people that weren't fast all ran the 5K that day. You know what? It really didn't matter. Everybody cheered for me when I finished.

ETA: I also won 2nd place in my age group that day. Out of 2, but I still count it a win.

Sometimes being last is the best. In Ironman everyone comes back out to cheer on the final finisher. Being out for 17 hours deserves some cheering.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Thanks, everyone! It really is the most gorgeous piece of jewelry I own, that's for sure. I was bummed because it was supposed to come in a couple days before we left, but they never called...or so I thought.

I told Mr. Mo I was disappointed because I was hoping to have my ring before we left so I could show it to my brother (who we were lucky enough to get to see while down there). He said he was bummed too, but at least I'd have something to look forward to when we got home.

Unbeknownst to me, that little turd picked it up the Wednesday before we left, and snuck it in his carryon. On our anniversary, we decided to go to breakfast, then do some shopping on another key, then go seashell, and shark tooth hunting. While on the beach hunting, he got a little ahead of me lower on the beach looking for shells while I'm still working my way down the hill. He turns around and asks me, "So, what do you think of this little one?" In the palm of his hand was my ring. It was so cute and romantic. He told me every time I mentioned being bummed about not having my ring ahead of time, he laughed to himself. He's such a brat sometimes.

I want your extra calories and your husband. I am seriously breaking one of the 10 commandments.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    That sewing machine! I want!

Mine is just a basic little Brother but it is pale pink - I can't claim responsibility for that though as it was my mother's before she decided she needed a fancier one.

I'm glad you all understand my feelings about frying food in the house. Soooo stinky. We don't have an exhaust fan over our stove either (or anywhere in the kitchen), so everything I cook lingers unless I open the windows. Not too practical in our minus 40 degree winters either as it's a recipe for a burst water pipe.

The smell of Saturday morning bacon haunts me all weekend, too, it's terrible.

So this doesn't help in the winter, but fry outside! I used to have a fry daddy that I could plug in, so I would plug it into the outdoor outlet and fry away. I'm debating setting up my camping stove outside the next time I do fried chicken to keep the fry smell outside, and I feel like that should work as well.

Re gross girls: I was an odd combination of total tomboy that loved to get dirty and rough house, but I would do it while wearing the most frilly dresses possible. My face and hair was always a super-mess though.

My daughters hair!.... I brush it constantly. Knotted up. I keep pushing her to be more SELF AWARE and start doing things for herself and without prompts. The struggle is real.

I will say I am quite proficient at simple braids though. I need to learn to french braid.

I am an expert french braider. I can even do it on myself. I practiced for hours as a kid. I never learned to fishbone. I regret this.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @pofoster21 - Love the shoes, although not sure how you walk in those! I can't wait until I drop some more weight so I can wear cute shoes again. I wear tennis shoes to work at the moment. It helps me to get in more steps. Also, we have a program that awards leave time every quarter if you get a certain number of minutes of exercise every month. Totally worth it!

Dang! I wish my work had a program like that! I'd be banking the hell out of some leave time. lol

With that system, I think I'd be the only one here to get leave time. Oops, did I say that out loud?

Yes, out loud. Soooo incredibly out loud. :astonished:

I think I'm a little bitter because about 2 months ago, I suggested our office do a charity 5K walk together. A few of them agreed that it would be fun, and I should find a walk for us to do. So I did. And reminded them a couple weeks later. The walk is on July 25, and guess who's the only one registered. Nobody else has even asked about it since.

Whatever *pouts*

Me and another guy roped my aisle in at work to do the corporate 5k next week in Morristown. It's always hot and hilly. We got a bunch going. He and I may be the only ones running. My company sponsors it.