Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Ok Laura, I got your picture when I switched to my computer. Very cute!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I cried a lot this afternoon....a LOT

I am not gonna lie, grief bacon for the win! Perhaps during the week when I can just ignore the phone it won't be so bad....

Things have relaxed for now in intensity, but no resolution.......

My fitbit is charging now and seemed to be counting once I charged it a bit, so fingers crossed that it is ok.....weird that it did not warn me with an email before dying, but just gonna hope its a fluke at this point....

Did anyone see the second part of my left at the bar story? Someone (sorry, can't remember who), asked if I was there for a long time, so I told the rest of what happened, but it got trapped at the bottom of a page and it took me a bit to find it, so I am wondering if anyone actually saw it or not......

P.S. - then I have a DEAD spider, which is not much better.....what do you suggest I do with that??

I saw the second part and I would have super mad at my friend as well. Girls are supposed to look out for each other

As for the spider I would vacuum that sucker up. Oh yes I would

That's the agreement I have with ALL spiders that come into the house. They can live in the house, but they have to survive the vacuum cleaner. If they survive the vacuum cleaner, then they have to LIVE in the vacuum cleaner for the rest of their days or be revacuumed.

For all you cat lovers on this thread, don't your cats hunt spiders? I am not a cat person, but every once in awhile a make an agreement with our barn cats that they can have a reprieve in our house if they promise to catch all of the spiders.

My cat Shade eats spiders...she caught a Texas Yellow Garden spider and she killed and was ripping

That is not a spider. That is a prop in a horror story. Or a dinosaur. My sanity would not survive if that showed up in my house.

I would lose my mind!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options

I am not gonna lie, grief bacon for the win! Perhaps during the week when I can just ignore the phone it won't be so bad....

My fitbit is charging now and seemed to be counting once I charged it a bit, so fingers crossed that it is ok.....weird that it did not warn me with an email before dying, but just gonna hope its a fluke at this point....

Did anyone see the second part of my left at the bar story? Someone (sorry, can't remember who), asked if I was there for a long time, so I told the rest of what happened, but it got trapped at the bottom of a page and it took me a bit to find it, so I am wondering if anyone actually saw it or not......

P.S. - then I have a DEAD spider, which is not much better.....what do you suggest I do with that??

I saw the second part and I would have super mad at my friend as well. Girls are supposed to look out for each other

That's the agreement I have with ALL spiders that come into the house. They can live in the house, but they have to survive the vacuum cleaner. If they survive the vacuum cleaner, then they have to LIVE in the vacuum cleaner for the rest of their days or be revacuumed.

For all you cat lovers on this thread, don't your cats hunt spiders? I am not a cat person, but every once in awhile a make an agreement with our barn cats that they can have a reprieve in our house if they promise to catch all of the spiders.

My cat Shade eats spiders...she caught a Texas Yellow Garden spider and she killed and was ripping it apart yesterday...

This is what they look like:

pldhz6r4i5n4.jpg

That is a wicked cool spider. Are they poisonous or are they like huntsmans, preferring to hang out in odd places to startle you?
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

My cat Shade eats spiders...she caught a Texas Yellow Garden spider and she killed and was ripping it apart yesterday...

This is what they look like:

pldhz6r4i5n4.jpg

That is a wicked cool spider. Are they poisonous or are they like huntsmans, preferring to hang out in odd places to startle you?

They are venomous but their bite is no more harmful to a healthy adult human than a bee sting. If your immune system is compromised, you should use extreme caution. They only bite if they feel harassed.

They usually build webs in open, sunny spaces where there is little to no wind and will move if their web is consistently disturbed. Generally, webs are constructed or repaired at night but these spiders are most active during the day.

My MAIN problem with them is their webs are STRONG and HUGE. They say that some span as far as 2 feet in diameter, but I've seen one stretching 4 feet across the pathways at work. The web patterns are beautiful in their complexity, and I always feel badly about destroying them, but my primary duty is maintaining the safety of the campus. That means teaching the spiders to build their webs somewhere else.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of leave left and not too much to do at work today, so decided to take the day off. I was going to email my boss, but then I just decided I'd put it in.my calender and pretend it'd been there all along!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Okay, no one really took me up on our daily motivation, but I am going to go ahead and share progress anyway.

Steps: 19, 903 (vs. 25K goal) due to rain and help at barn, as I didn't do quite as much walking as I might normally due as I had help. +
    Never got to my run. I had forgotten my shoes so had clothes but no shoes at barn. So had to come home (kiss of death) and try to motivate myself. Well, after eating, and dealing with a washing machine mess (standing water due to clogged filter from washing bathroom mat that disintegrated) it was 10:00. I just couldn't get myself out then. +
    No alcohol +
    Did not work on dissertation. For the above reasons.

So not great. Today:

Flying to Dallas on a 6:40 flight (hence being up so early) for a meeting. So... this is really going to be a challenge but going to try to:

Walk 10K
    Run 1 hour
    Work in dissertation (I will use the plane trip to read some articles I have lined up for my literature review)
    No alcohol (this will also be challenging as I am going out with some of my team for 'drinks' as I am in Dallas and we don't see each other much.

So...on 3 hours sleep off I go. I'll probably check in at airport, etc. Have a great day all.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Just to let you all know little man is home safe and sound. Yay!!! Picked him up a couple of hours and we went to the pool for a while. So so happy he is home!

Yay, glad to hear it!! :)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Hello friends!! I haven't been around today at all I've already missed so much so here goes all in one-

@Coastalpath it was good to hear from you I was beginning to wonder where our other Brit had gone off to!

@nonoelmo I'm super excited to see your Elsa dress I loooove Frozen!! Edit: yeah just remembered it's NOT frozen it's the princess Bride-- still can't wait to see it I love costumes!!

@Susieq_1994 you're exactly two days younger than my second youngest brother! He'll be 21 on the 6th and then my youngest brother will be 18 on October 7th! And thanks for the recipe thread I've never been much of a cook but I've really wanted to try lately!! Oh and your wedding dress was stunning!

@riderfangal I hope you're having a blast on your date! And if not, there will be plenty others! :)

@pofoster21 @orangesmartie I'm sorry it was a crappy day I hope tomorrow goes well for you both!! (Hugs)

@TigerNY128 glad you're checking in I was wondering if you'd left us too!

If I missed anyone I do apologize! Hope everyone is having a great weekend and can't wait to catch up Monday when I should be working haha ❤️

No way, never leaving this thread!! I'm leaving for vacation on Wednesday though so I may not be checking in for a few days until I get back! I'm sure I'll have thousands of posts to catch up on...
    Have a fab vacation!

Thanks! So excited to get away for a few days with my boyfriend!

Have fun!!
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Checking in from page 1084 I'm far behind so won't quote anything. Back from a day at Goodwood Festival of Speed was brilliant and enjoyed my pieminister beef and ale pie followed by a large Mr Whippy. My Fitbit says I did 12500 steps so I'm not even sorry!

I have to ask....what's a Mr. Whippy?

Haha not sure if anyone has answered this...if you are not from/in UK it probably sounds strange. It's soft scoop whipped ice cream in a cone with a chocolate flake. Also known as a 99 from when they used to cost 99 pence (sterling). They are served from an ice cream van. Reminds me of childhood!

I seen Orange post about clotted cream & was wondering is that more of a whipped cream, cottage cheese, or yogurt?
    Clotted cream isn't much like whipped cream at all. It's made by slowly heating full-cream milk and letting the fat rise to the surface. The clotted cream forms a kind of crust and the whole top layer gets spooned off. That all sounds pretty vile but it's really the most amazingly delicious thing.

Sounds yummy to me! So is it used mostly on ice creams?
    Not really, although that does sound delicious. More on scones with jam (this, plus a pot of tea is a 'cream tea' and is a thing of beauty), or on something like warm apple pie or a plum crumble (a crumble is a baked fruit dessert with a butter/flour/brown sugar topping - a bit like a 'crisp' but without oats in the topping). Yum. Can you tell I'm hungry?!

Yum that all sounds so good. I'll take an order of the plum crumble but maybe with apples instead & extra, extra, extra crumble:D.
    Yep! Can do. It would look like this. No wonder I got fat, I used to make desserts like this all the time.
    [

Omg, I'll take one too! Yum!

Also...I'm excited that so many of us are Fitbit friends now! :smiley:

You guys know I now need a Fitbit. I cannot be left out.

Definitely let us all know if/when you do...there are quite a few Fitbit users added already.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Eee so I'm probably the only one who would be excited about this but Ed Sheeran is coming to Cincinnati in September and I get to go see him AHHHHH England in August with my English man and a concert in September with my other British boyfriend woo hoo best year EVER!! ❤️

I don't know who this is? I have a feeling some folks may judge me for that based on the comments.

Neither do I. We can be clueless and judged together, don't worry. :p
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Checking in from page 1084 I'm far behind so won't quote anything. Back from a day at Goodwood Festival of Speed was brilliant and enjoyed my pieminister beef and ale pie followed by a large Mr Whippy. My Fitbit says I did 12500 steps so I'm not even sorry!

Haha not sure if anyone has answered this...if you are not from/in UK it probably sounds strange. It's soft scoop whipped ice cream in a cone with a chocolate flake. Also known as a 99 from when they used to cost 99 pence (sterling). They are served from an ice cream van. Reminds me of childhood!

I seen Orange post about clotted cream & was wondering is that more of a whipped cream, cottage cheese, or yogurt?
    Clotted cream isn't much like whipped cream at all. It's made by slowly heating full-cream milk and letting the fat rise to the surface. The clotted cream forms a kind of crust and the whole top layer gets spooned off. That all sounds pretty vile but it's really the most amazingly delicious thing.

Not really, although that does sound delicious. More on scones with jam (this, plus a pot of tea is a 'cream tea' and is a thing of beauty), or on something like warm apple pie or a plum crumble (a crumble is a baked fruit dessert with a butter/flour/brown sugar topping - a bit like a 'crisp' but without oats in the topping). Yum. Can you tell I'm hungry?!

Yum that all sounds so good. I'll take an order of the plum crumble but maybe with apples instead & extra, extra, extra crumble:D.
    Yep! Can do. It would look like this. No wonder I got fat, I used to make desserts like this all the time.
    [

Me too! I have to get that Fitbit now. So many months till October... :(
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Sitting on sofa shaking and feel sick
    There was a massive spider on my living room floor. I have managed to despatch it, but I feel so ill now. Stupid phobia

You are braver than me, my friend.....if there is a spider in my living room, I just leave.....I don't need to use the living room that badly, I have a bedroom I can hang out in, lol.

I would have to kill it. If you left and came back, how would you know where it is? It could totally jump out at you. Better to get them when you can see them!

That's how I feel...I would always be wondering where he went...like he could crawl up my leg at any point! Eee!!!
    Last summer, our neighbor's son had a tick on him after playing outside all day. The mom went to get tweezers to get the tick off and when she came back, her son said it was gone....he had flicked it off (it obviously wasn't fully attached to his skin yet)!!!! I would FREAK if there was a tick just chillin' somewhere in my house. Ticks are disgusting! :(
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

[

Maybe if you lose the kilos early he'll buy it for you early to keep you going! ;)
    You could lose 9.5 pounds in about 2 months easy!
  • kelly_c_77
    edited June 2015
    Options

It was me (and I think someone else too) that asked if you were stranded long...I never saw the answer? Maybe I missed it.
    Pick him up in a tissue/paper towel and get rid of him? That's what I do...a lot of times I don't kill him in the first place because I feel bad...but I will always get him out of the house!
  • Susieq_1994
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Okay, no one really took me up on our daily motivation, but I am going to go ahead and share progress anyway.

Steps: 19, 903 (vs. 25K goal) due to rain and help at barn, as I didn't do quite as much walking as I might normally due as I had help. +
    Never got to my run. I had forgotten my shoes so had clothes but no shoes at barn. So had to come home (kiss of death) and try to motivate myself. Well, after eating, and dealing with a washing machine mess (standing water due to clogged filter from washing bathroom mat that disintegrated) it was 10:00. I just couldn't get myself out then. +
    No alcohol +

So not great. Today:

Flying to Dallas on a 6:40 flight (hence being up so early) for a meeting. So... this is really going to be a challenge but going to try to:

Walk 10K
    Run 1 hour
    Work in dissertation (I will use the plane trip to read some articles I have lined up for my literature review)
    No alcohol (this will also be challenging as I am going out with some of my team for 'drinks' as I am in Dallas and we don't see each other much.

So...on 3 hours sleep off I go. I'll probably check in at airport, etc. Have a great day all.

I totally took you up on it! My results stink, though:
    - One hour of exercise done (vs 30 minutes minimum)
    - No laundry done
    - Calorie goal perfectly maintained, but hardly any water was drunk.
    - No sticky notes were written

Better than nothing, I guess? :)

Editing to add: Today's goals will be...
    - 30 minutes minimum of exercise (again)
    - Housework (Please, self, for the love of God, clean this house...)
    - Write those sticky notes to post around the house
    - Weigh in "officially", since it's Monday!
    - Try to forget that I have neighbors and climb the stairs from the ground floor to my apartment at least once (4 storeys, so 3 flights of stairs)
    - Stick to my calorie goal
    - Drink at least 2 liters of water (Around eight cups)

Editing AGAIN to add:
    @TigerNY128 I hope you have a wonderful vacation! :)
    @Italian_Buju I'm sorry that you're feeling so awful--I hope you'll be able to resolve whatever is happening and let up on the grief bacon soon. :)
    @ Everybody else... I feel like I'm the only one around here who loves spiders... Poor spiders. *sigh*
    And I would totally eat that deluxe clotted cream covered ice cream @KrisiAnnH :p All it needs is that chocolate chip cookie cone in cup form to be perfect. ;)
    The name clotted cream doesn't sound icky to me, it sounds like something so luxuriously thick that a dollop of it is like a big clot of awesomeness. That's what it sounds like to me, anyway. ;)

I hope I didn't miss anyone!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Just to let you all know little man is home safe and sound. Yay!!! Picked him up a couple of hours and we went to the pool for a while. So so happy he is home!

Yay, glad to hear it!! :)

I missed this...so, Ditto!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

[

Maybe if you lose the kilos early he'll buy it for you early to keep you going! ;)
    You could lose 9.5 pounds in about 2 months easy!

Well, I'm hoping to lose it early--my deficit is for 400 grams lost per week, so I can lose 1.6 kilos (around 4 pounds) per month, theoretically. However, since I've been struggling, I have extra time to account for times that I'm over goal. For example, 3 days this week had no deficit at all, but at least I kept to maintenance!

That's why he specifically made the goal 65 kilos, so it wouldn't be a huge struggle to get there, considering my current weight and state of motivation--my low weight is actually around 61 kilos, but there's no way I can do THAT by my birthday. :)

I'm off to weigh in now! I hope it'll be a good one.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options

No alcohol +

So not great. Today:

Walk 10K
    Run 1 hour

I totally took you up on it! My results stink, though:
    - One hour of exercise done (vs 30 minutes minimum)
    - No laundry done
    - Calorie goal perfectly maintained, but hardly any water was drunk.
    - No sticky notes were written

Better than nothing, I guess? :)

Editing to add: Today's goals will be...
    - 30 minutes minimum of exercise (again)
    - Write those sticky notes to post around the house
    - Weigh in "officially", since it's Monday!
    - Try to forget that I have neighbors and climb the stairs from the ground floor to my apartment at least once (4 storeys, so 3 flights of stairs)
    - Stick to my calorie goal
    - Drink at least 2 liters of water (Around eight cups)

Editing AGAIN to add:
    @TigerNY128 I hope you have a wonderful vacation! :)
    @Italian_Buju I'm sorry that you're feeling so awful--I hope you'll be able to resolve whatever is happening and let up on the grief bacon soon. :)
    @ Everybody else... I feel like I'm the only one around here who loves spiders... Poor spiders. *sigh*
    And I would totally eat that deluxe clotted cream covered ice cream @KrisiAnnH :p All it needs is that chocolate chip cookie cone in cup form to be perfect. ;)
    The name clotted cream doesn't sound icky to me, it sounds like something so luxuriously thick that a dollop of it is like a big clot of awesomeness. That's what it sounds like to me, anyway. ;)

I hope I didn't miss anyone!

I think I could probably deal with just the cookie cone and clotted cream, they sound amazing haha :smiley:
  • Oberon21
    Options

No alcohol +

So not great. Today:

Walk 10K
    Run 1 hour

This made me laugh so hard. ..
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Sitting on sofa shaking and feel sick
    There was a massive spider on my living room floor. I have managed to despatch it, but I feel so ill now. Stupid phobia

You are braver than me, my friend.....if there is a spider in my living room, I just leave.....I don't need to use the living room that badly, I have a bedroom I can hang out in, lol.

I would have to kill it. If you left and came back, how would you know where it is? It could totally jump out at you. Better to get them when you can see them!

That's how I feel...I would always be wondering where he went...like he could crawl up my leg at any point! Eee!!!
    Last summer, our neighbor's son had a tick on him after playing outside all day. The mom went to get tweezers to get the tick off and when she came back, her son said it was gone....he had flicked it off (it obviously wasn't fully attached to his skin yet)!!!! I would FREAK if there was a tick just chillin' somewhere in my house. Ticks are disgusting! :(

Yes they are!!! Gross.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    Well. Just got back from the doctors. Saw a different doctor this time. He said NO carbs. Not even yogurt, he said if I don't lose weight on this, we have a serious problem. I asked him if it could be anything else and he said "Well, we could faff around putting you on different diets, but it seems you have put a lot of time and effort into this already so I recommend you go straight to the jugular and cut carbs. It will work, it will always work. It's hard, and it will suck, it will really suck, but you will lose fat." So I went to the nearest bakery, bought myself an apple and raspberry danish (at 9 in the morning) and ate it while driving to work. If I can't have carbs for the next 2 months, I'm going to end it with something amazing. and it was.