Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »

I had to return a product to GNC that seriously was one of the most vilest things I have ever ate in my entire life! I would rather eat Kale with no salad dressing! I bought this peanut butter called Cracked Nut Butter in a Cookie Dough flavor for around $6.99 with my Gold card. I had seen it online & knew it wouldn't be very sweet but I wasn't expecting it to taste like vomit. So if you ever see this product & you like sweet peanut butters or at the very least semi-sweet then avoid this like the plague.

I think you're being unfairly harsh! Who among us doesn't relish not very sweet vomit flavoured anything? I have to say I am severely disappointed in you and we thought this was a no judgement zone! ;)

@Kalici I so badly wanted to love that product, because who doesn't love cookie dough? Calling itself cookie dough is a misleading lie! The lady at GNC said it was discontinued probably from tasting like vomit:D.

I am still a bit bummed that Wal-Mart didn't have this anymore:(. I am thinking of ordering a few jars online.

051651093644.png
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 sad to hear the main course was bland, but the dessert looks so good!

Which Middle Eastern's cuisine is your favorite?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    All... race update. I never got in the water. I was the very last wave to go in and we were queuing up to go in when a huge thunderstorm rolled in. With lightening. So race cancelled. Mad dash to car. Guess I'll go run...I need to burn off that bagel I ate in anticipation of a morning of exercise!!! Oh well at least I wasn't out on the bike. I was bummed I was the last wave to go out. Now I am glad!

Sad to hear your race was cancelled, but glad to hear you weren't in any danger. It's nice to know they cancel the events if there's a huge storm that rolls in.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 sad to hear the main course was bland, but the dessert looks so good!

Which Middle Eastern's cuisine is your favorite?

It was delicious! The main course could have been amazing, with just a little bit of spice--it had a lot of potential flavor depth!

I don't really know, because I've tasted very few of the different cuisines. :) So, since I know Omani cuisine well, I'll say that's my favorite. :p But I really can't tell you for sure! I need to try more things...
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    All... race update. I never got in the water. I was the very last wave to go in and we were queuing up to go in when a huge thunderstorm rolled in. With lightening. So race cancelled. Mad dash to car. Guess I'll go run...I need to burn off that bagel I ate in anticipation of a morning of exercise!!! Oh well at least I wasn't out on the bike. I was bummed I was the last wave to go out. Now I am glad!

Sad to hear your race was cancelled, but glad to hear you weren't in any danger. It's nice to know they cancel the events if there's a huge storm that rolls in.

Oh yeah. And I could hear all these people complaining. It's a safety issue guys. Seriously! People are always going to complain no matter what.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I'm so sorry :( I hope the flare is a short one and you get to feeling better soon :(

@orangesmartie That's such an awesome attitude! Today is a new day and it's going to be great! I am jealous- I want to go to Nashville! lol not sure about the running (I run like an arthritic tortoise) but the rest sounds awesome.

AFM, it was a whirlwind weekend. I have Insulin Resistance and I'm hypoglycemic. If I eat like I'm supposed to (very strict, controlled diet) I can maintain my weight. Eat less, and I'll lose. Eat a bit of sugar, I get sick for half a day. I'm not kidding, either- an entire chocolate chip cookie is enough to have me on the couch for a few hours :( I eat ice cream or gelato by 1 tbsp and that's it and I'll still feel weird after unless I down water. Can't really eat fruit, unless it's a couple berries. I've learned to adjust and it's hard to own a home bakery when I want to taste everything but I've learned not to. I also scaled back my business.

My mom was watching oldest DS for us on July 4th, so when we went to pick him up yesterday, we grilled chicken and vegs for her as a "thank you". She had made two desserts and basically guilt tripped me into eating a bite of each. A regular forkful sized bite of each. I still don't feel right. I'm so bloated my pants don't fit well, my stomach is heaving, and I have a pounding headache. I'm mad at myself for not sticking to my guns.

But...in great news, we were approved to adopt the dog! She's coming up here on Saturday!! SO excited! We got some supplies and DH is actually getting excited, too. Her foster mom keeps sending me pics and it's making me so anxious to see her!

Ugh, I hope you feel better! You would think your mom understands how bloated & sick you get from eating sugar.

Happy to hear that you were approved to adopt the dog.

What's funny is she's diabetic, so she should understand. Her dose of Metformin is too high though but she doesn't go get it changed, because it allows her to eat a LOT of fruits and sweets (to counteract the Metformin). I tell her she's the worst diabetic ever.

This made me cringe a bit.....that is a dangerous cycle. My mother was the worse diabetic ever also, and she lost her leg, had bad cateracts and heart failure. I know another girl that has only been diabetic ten years, and she does not take care of herself properly, and has lost all the toes on one foot (it was a miracle they could save the foot!), and is now going blind. I know another girl that eats junk like nobody's business and takes her meds when she wants, she had a MAJOR heart attack in her late 20's. Those girls are both T2's. In all seriousness, if you have the ability, I would tell her DR about that, so he can cut it back.
    My dad is a pretty bad diabetic. He pretty much eats the same portions as he used to, coke, fried cheese tacos (he eats this at least a few times a week), pan dulce, and food from whatever restaurant they went to. He even makes himself sick enough to throw up.

The family has tried to help him but he doesn't care.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I blew off my 5 a.m. alarm for a run. I blew off my six a.m. alarm. I blew off my 6 a.m. appointment to go somewhere. I blew off my 7 a.m. volunteer work. I finally woke up at 9:45 a.m. I still feel groggy and tired (But not sick). I ate breakfast. I am going to make a list and slowly try to work my way through it today. I wish I knew what is going on with me. I have so much to do. Hopefully my energy will pick up, but if not then I'll respect my body and not overdo it. I had a breakfast of homecooked steel cut oats, pecans, cranberries, brown sugar and butter. No I have no idea how many calories but I'd estimate 400 - 500 based on how much of each ingredient I had. Maybe more but I will get to the gym for a solid workout today so I am not terribly concerned. I just wish I felt more awake.

I'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling quite yourself! I've been exhausted today to, but at least I know why. I hope you feel better soon--definitely listen to your body and take it easy if you need to. :)

Strangely I am wiped out today too. Like struggling to stay awake. I nodded off at the hairdresser. I wonder if it's a moon thing? I also didn't sleep great in prep of getting up early for the race and I really stepped up my exercise this week . Could also be residual race exhaustion. Drank a diet mt. Dew to perk up. Didn't help much. :(

I was practically falling asleep on my horses today. The hot humid weather isn't helping.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I blew off my 5 a.m. alarm for a run. I blew off my six a.m. alarm. I blew off my 6 a.m. appointment to go somewhere. I blew off my 7 a.m. volunteer work. I finally woke up at 9:45 a.m. I still feel groggy and tired (But not sick). I ate breakfast. I am going to make a list and slowly try to work my way through it today. I wish I knew what is going on with me. I have so much to do. Hopefully my energy will pick up, but if not then I'll respect my body and not overdo it. I had a breakfast of homecooked steel cut oats, pecans, cranberries, brown sugar and butter. No I have no idea how many calories but I'd estimate 400 - 500 based on how much of each ingredient I had. Maybe more but I will get to the gym for a solid workout today so I am not terribly concerned. I just wish I felt more awake.

I'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling quite yourself! I've been exhausted today to, but at least I know why. I hope you feel better soon--definitely listen to your body and take it easy if you need to. :)

Strangely I am wiped out today too. Like struggling to stay awake. I nodded off at the hairdresser. I wonder if it's a moon thing? I also didn't sleep great in prep of getting up early for the race and I really stepped up my exercise this week . Could also be residual race exhaustion. Drank a diet mt. Dew to perk up. Didn't help much. :(

I was practically falling asleep on my horses today. The hot humid weather isn't helping.

I like the moon explanation. I got a few things done around the house, went grocery shopping, tended to the animals and took out the trash but I am still debating going to the gym or not. I probably should, it would probably help as I have not done anything of note this week (I have shoveled gravel but that is not the right kind of workout).
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

Oh yeah. And I could hear all these people complaining. It's a safety issue guys. Seriously! People are always going to complain no matter what.

I'm glad you are safe. Will they refund or reschedule?
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    @MoHousdon Congrats on your accomplishment in catching up on the thread! That took dedication! :smile: You deserve a Major Award! (<---- This is a reference to the holiday movie A Christmas Story, which happens to be one of my favorite movies... the dad describes the "leg lamp" he wins in a contest as a "major award." Ha!! )

You mean this lamp?! In case you didn't know, I'm fluent in movie quotes, song lyrics, and sarcasm.

tq7gytmjfx2q.gif

So we went to my favorite restaurant, Silly's, tonight. They have fun/silly/crazy décor...and I look over across the restaurant and I see this lamp on the table...

fvn4zgno7gd3.jpg

I immediately thought of you guys and this thread! :)

lamp.jpg 743.1K
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Popping in to say- sweet pickles are disgusting! Why anyone would choose to desecrate tuna or anything else with sweet pickles or sweet pickle relish baffles me! :p

Also, I have small feet, can't stand the way my toes look so rarely wear open toed shoes. I also have a dear husband who doesn't want to buy anything that is made in China, so shoe shopping is not one of my favorite things to do. :(

I am so jealous of all the vacation talk. I haven't had a real vacation since I stopped teaching 4 years ago. I am in the process of buying a new car, which means I won't be taking any real vacations anytime soon either. (I am a contractor, so I don't get any paid time off.)

Sending out virtual hugs to all who need them!

ETA: @MoHousdon Beautiful ring and beautiful story, sounds like something my DH would do!

Why?
    He doesn't like the way the average Chinese worker is treated.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    All my Canadian friends on here - anyone have any ideas where to buy reasonably priced bras in 38G or H? I'm hoping this is a transitional size so I don't want to spend a ton but my old 44DD is getting a little too big.

The 44's were probably wrong too but they did the trick and I could find them at a reasonable cost.

Sorry... I did the best finding mine at Nordstrom Rack at Mall of America, but I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum... itty bitties.

My BFF wears 38F and she pays $120 for her bras. Not a "reasonable cost" but she'll pay the price for comfort.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Guys, guys, guess what?! We went to Oakwood Homes today, just to see what they would say about us being able to buy a mobile home. Needless to say, we found a style we fell in love with, and the person we worked with sounded very optimistic that we would be able to get financing for it. I hope so, because we've worked really hard to fix some things on our credit to get to this point! He's sending in our paperwork on Monday and we should know something within 3-4 days of that. Not to mention, a good friend of the family may possibly let us rent a lot on his land (he used to have a mobile home park) for it! I'm excited, but I don't want to get too excited lol. :smile:
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    Guys, guys, guess what?! We went to Oakwood Homes today, just to see what they would say about us being able to buy a mobile home. Needless to say, we found a style we fell in love with, and the person we worked with sounded very optimistic that we would be able to get financing for it. I hope so, because we've worked really hard to fix some things on our credit to get to this point! He's sending in our paperwork on Monday and we should know something within 3-4 days of that. Not to mention, a good friend of the family may possibly let us rent a lot on his land (he used to have a mobile home park) for it! I'm excited, but I don't want to get too excited lol. :smile:

Woohoo! Sounds promising... fingers crossed!

And WELCOME BACK @Italian_Buju :)
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Woohoo! Sounds promising... fingers crossed!

And WELCOME BACK @Italian_Buju :)

Thank you! :) We're hoping it works out, it's more convenient for hubby to get to work and for me and Raelynn to get to doctor's appointments and such, so we'll see!

And yes, @Italian_Buju it's nice to see you back!! :)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! You guys really deserve it.

It is nice to see you posting here again @Italian_Buju

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @tubbs216 @peleroja and @ythannah Thank you!!

I asked my mom to look when she was out shopping and she found some at Sears for $40 Since I'm hoping this is a transitional size as long as they are semi comfortable it will work.

We don't have a Bay here.
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    @raelynnsmama52512 That is exciting news!! I hope it all works out for you!
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 and @nonoelmo I hope you both feel better soon.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Daughter went to the doctor this morning. If I wasn't there, she wouldn't have told them the whole story, so I went with. The anxiety, it's worse than I realized. Poor girl, she has anxiety over every social situation. I had no idea.

Anyhow, they are checking her thyroid, gave her a prescription, and she'll go back in 4 weeks to see how it's going.

My son went to the dentist. I know there are thousands of dollars of work that needs to be done on his teeth. The dentist sent him home with a "procedure plan" to review and plan for the next steps. Ugh. I guess I'll look at that when I get home. But, really, what am I going to do? He only has one set of teeth. They have to be taken care of, or he'll have dentures by age 25. Dang kid.

My daughter had this too! And she did not say anything to me for years! I had no idea, I thought she was just being a moody teenager! She has been on meds for just over a year now and things are much better for her! She ended up getting really depressed because she could never go out. I hope things are getting better for her now!

As far as your son and the dentist, I do not know what is with boys and teeth! My son is 17 and he goes for a cleaning every four months instead of the normal six because he does not clean his teeth properly. And his tooth brushes always look like he chews them instead of brushing!

Lol! How do boys do that to toothbrushes?

My daughter is taking the Klonopin quite a bit and quit her job (I think, she still says she may go back for a final week).

ETA: I'm glad to see you back here! :)