Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited July 2015
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    Some of my relatives and friends of those relatives keep asking me how I'm losing weight. The same people will ask me multiple times. At first I thought it was because they just weren't remembering the information, now I'm starting to think it is because some of them don't believe me. I overheard one of them saying that it isn't that I've finally been correctly diagnosed and medicated no, it is because I've had the surgery. How I've managed to have that surgery and see them once a week without recovery time is a mystery!

I confess I really want to stop seeing these people and on the way out the door I'd like to slap a few of them. Not with a chair or anything too drastic. I also confess that while I have said I'm using a calorie counting site I have not told them it is this one. This is for me. They can sign up on their own, but I do not want to talk to them here as well. I sort of don't care if that makes me a jerk.

I am also tired of people asking me how I did it, signing up for the site, I friend them, and then they never log, don't weigh their food, never complete their diary and then tell me it doesn't work. Well guys, look at me... I lost 30 lbs. You say I look great. So...this does work. If you are honest and track religiously.
    Yeah, I've encouraged a couple of people to sign up, and ... nothing.

The only person I've encouraged is my sister and that was to save her from her overly restrictive low fat ways.

She is using it and losing. But she doesn't come in the forums.

If anyone else I knew signed up, I probably wouldn't friend them. This part of my life is, well not private per se, but not for sharing with coworkers etc.

I've lost 35 pounds and my coworkers tell me I look great and I've told them to sign up and they just say "I don't have the time." When they JUST finished complaining about 'wasting' hours watching T.V.... *eyeroll*

So I think it is for the best that they "Don't have the time" because then I don't have to deal with the rest of their excuses.

ETA: Who needs grammar in the mornings anyway?
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    I have two NSV's to share with you all:

I haven't been wearing any of my jeans because they were way too tight. I put them on this weekend and they're loose. They won't be wearable shortly.

And secondly - when I stand up straight and look down - I can see my toes!!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member

I haven't been wearing any of my jeans because they were way too tight. I put them on this weekend and they're loose. They won't be wearable shortly.

I LONG for this one...so much..but my chesticles make it impossible. :lol:

Congratulations on both NSV's! Are you one who looks forward to shopping for newer and smaller clothes?
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    I have to have a blood test done again because the hospital messed up the label. I'm not overly bothered as I'm not squeamish about needles.

Since it was their error, the hospital offered to send the nurse to me so I wouldn't have to take yet more time off work for appointments. Suits me, except I still haven't told work I'm pregnant. I'm planning on telling tomorrow when the boss will be in the office after 2 weeks away (and I'll be 16 weeks and struggling to hide it). Having a nurse come to my office and do a blood test won't be a problem for my work, but how am I going to explain it? Is it cruel to allow them to believe I'm dying until tomorrow, when I'll finally spill the beans?
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member

Congratulations on both NSV's! Are you one who looks forward to shopping for newer and smaller clothes?

I'm with ya on that one :( Stupid 34DD makes it hard to see anything below me :(

and yay Glinda! Good job on the NSVs!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    edited July 2015
    So...DH was an idiot this weekend and I got upset and decided to have some "me time". I went and got my hair cut chin length and got some new clothes on Saturday after my job. Left the boys with him for about 8 hours, which I never do, but I SO needed it and part of it was when I was working. Only spent about $200 total on everything >.< oops. Oh well, this is the first time I've liked my hair in about...10 years. It's adorable and the lady cutting my hair told me my face was so narrow that a shorter cut helps make it look fuller (which is true, when I'm not overweight, I have a long thin face), so that was cool. Made me feel awesome. I worked the wedding until like noon and then didn't come home til dinnertime, but it was worth it.

Got a new pair of jeans for work, too, in a size 6. That felt awesome. I had too much Starbucks this past weekend though (I LOVE iced skinny caramel macchiatos, even though the sugar makes me sick) and I stress ate on Saturday. +2.4 lb this am. :( Oh well, I'm back on the grind again today.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    I totally wee in the shower.

Um, didn't the same poster post this a few pages back :|

I thought they had confessed that twice :D!

I confess that I went on a walk this morning only so I could pass my sister on the leaderboard steps on Fitbit o:).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Eve53 wrote: »
    Ok, I'll try to keep up. I got another confession though... I use mens shampoo/body wash at the gym because I can't find an all in one that is made for women, and don't want to be bothered with more than one bottle.

Also, I don't wear undies or a bra when I leave the gym because I don't want the trouble of trying to get them back on when I'm all spent from working out, lol.

1st bolded, I use Head 'n' Shoulders OR V05 makes a 2in1 that's not bad and Finesse does one as well. One bottle and the V05 and Finesse have glorious long lasting scents and then I hit my hair up with a leave in conditioner when I get home.

2nd bolded, I also skip the undies...Tonight, I am at work, going commando because I did weights(Leg day), a run with my dog(30 minutes) and some time on the elliptical(20 minutes). After my shower I had NO leg power for underwear. Eff that. :smirk:

I'll have to look at Finesse & VO5 since I find the Herbal Essence 2 In 1 leaves my hair pretty dry.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member

Yay for NSVs!!! Congrats!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly

Whoo for both of your NSVs! Time for a shopping spree.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member

Happy dance! Great job.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    1. I HATE "body posi" posts on social media. Aside from the fact that they encourage mediocrity (I hate those cutesy "Another day and I still didn't use algebra" posts for the same reason), they only seem to promote positivity for the obese to super obese. I have no problem with body positivity for someone who is working to change their size or for someone who has decided that a BMI of 24.5 is fine, but don't try to pass off obesity as a valid lifestyle choice. Judge me if you want for that.
    2. This morning I was scooping coffee granules into the basket and couldn't figure out why the grams weren't changing on my scale. Then I realized that I was frowning at the clock on my coffee maker and I don't weigh that anyway.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I dropped a big blog of peanut butter onto the crotch of my black pants. I tried to clean it off, but peanut butter isn't the most cooperative, so I will most likely have this awful stain on the crotch of my pants all day.

I really don't like the word crotch.

Tehe I've done this with avocado before :D

I'm not a huge fan of the word crotch either but as much as I dislike it it makes me giggle!

This reminds me.....I bought Wholly Guacamole today, single serve, spicy.....I have not tried it yet, but when I do, it is the first time ever.....I know to eat it with nacho chips, but do I also use salsa? Cheese dip? Anything else?? LOL

I eat it with GF pretzels or crackers. I do also eat it with tortilla chips and salsa.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    1. I HATE "body posi" posts on social media. Aside from the fact that they encourage mediocrity (I hate those cutesy "Another day and I still didn't use algebra" posts for the same reason), they only seem to promote positivity for the obese to super obese. I have no problem with body positivity for someone who is working to change their size or for someone who has decided that a BMI of 24.5 is fine, but don't try to pass off obesity as a valid lifestyle choice. Judge me if you want for that.
    2. This morning I was scooping coffee granules into the basket and couldn't figure out why the grams weren't changing on my scale. Then I realized that I was frowning at the clock on my coffee maker and I don't weigh that anyway.

That is awesome! I could totally see myself doing that, bleary eyed and tired...
  • quiksylver296
    spamarie wrote: »
    I have to have a blood test done again because the hospital messed up the label. I'm not overly bothered as I'm not squeamish about needles.

Since it was their error, the hospital offered to send the nurse to me so I wouldn't have to take yet more time off work for appointments. Suits me, except I still haven't told work I'm pregnant. I'm planning on telling tomorrow when the boss will be in the office after 2 weeks away (and I'll be 16 weeks and struggling to hide it). Having a nurse come to my office and do a blood test won't be a problem for my work, but how am I going to explain it? Is it cruel to allow them to believe I'm dying until tomorrow, when I'll finally spill the beans?

I suppose it depends on whether you like them or not... :D
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,371 Member

Woohoo!! :)

Since it's summer, maybe you can get by with one pair of transitional jeans...
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Eve53 wrote: »
    Ok, I'll try to keep up. I got another confession though... I use mens shampoo/body wash at the gym because I can't find an all in one that is made for women, and don't want to be bothered with more than one bottle.

Also, I don't wear undies or a bra when I leave the gym because I don't want the trouble of trying to get them back on when I'm all spent from working out, lol.

I confess that this morning I got up at around 5:30 AM to get a shower & after putting Herbal Essence 2 in 1 in my hair I almost put body wash in my hair.

I also confess that some days I forget to wear deodorant to work.

I have used my body wash in my hair because I was THAT tired after finishing a 16 hour shift sleeping for 4 hours and hopping back to work for another 12 hours. I was halfway through the rinse before I realized what I had done.... But my hair survived and didn't act or smell too much out of the ordinary.

I very routinely use shampoo for body wash. I also only "wash" the root portion of my hair and figure that rinsing past the rest of my hair is enough of a wash most of the time (I don't use any styling aids usually.) I do use a lot of conditioner on my hair. It is also good for shaving cream for shaving legs in a pinch.

Woman after my own heart right here. :heart:

Mine too. I'm all about a fast shower to get clean and a long bubble bath with a good book. (I get time for this about once every 10 days.)

• Glinda1971

Not I, I hate shopping. I'm kind of sad for that reason that I'm shrinking out of everything.

I didn't think I was ever going to see my toes - I'm well endowed - but they've shrunk down enough.
  • quiksylver296
    So, I only ended up 46 pages behind... Hmmm, to catch up or not to catch up, that is the question.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    spamarie wrote: »

Nope. You're blood test is none of their business. Besides you can tell them it's routine testing,but they lost the first sample and are making it right. They'll think it's cholesterol, etc.
  • Glinda1971
    ythannah wrote: »

Woohoo!! :)

Since it's summer, maybe you can get by with one pair of transitional jeans...

I mostly wear black pants from Rickis anyways. And I bought a bunch of skirts of it ever gets hot enough to wear them.
  • quiksylver296
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I'm still catching up, currently on 1242.

I'm a little bummed this morning. I'm usually very bored at work (hence the frequent MFP visits) and had asked my boss for new tasks. She gave me one that takes up several hours each month & I do enjoy doing. However she keeps taking it back. Each morning I have tasks that take 3-4 hours, so I can't work on the bank stuff until the afternoon. She said she's bored so she's going to do the bank stuff today. So now I'm going to be back to being bored, and since it's only a once-a-month job it becomes more difficult to figure out how to do it since I don't get any practice. *sigh* What's the point of giving me the task if she wanted to keep it?

She is probably worried you will do a better job and show her up. Women are terrible bosses. They have too many insecurities (so speaks a woman boss).

I am an exception to this rule. :p
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins

Not I, I hate shopping. I'm kind of sad for that reason that I'm shrinking out of everything.

I didn't think I was ever going to see my toes - I'm well endowed - but they've shrunk down enough.

That's an excellent set of NSVs. I feel you with hating shopping though. Especially for jeans. I am the owner of a pair of wide hips and jeans are awful to shop for.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Good morning from page 1286!! Had a great weekend. The concert was great and the food was too. I managed to keep myself from causing any major damage other than a little water weight. It was a good time.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    I went on a field trip in the fifth grade and we stopped to get lunch at a restaurant. My friend ordered spaghetti and proceeded to just pour on LOTS of ketchup. I was horrified.
    At that age my nephew was famous for eating anything with ketchup on it. His friends like to remind him of the time he ate a piece of wood with ketchup! He's still an 'anything for a dare' type kid, even now at age 19. :#
    Yum... pieces of wood really hit the spot. When I was in Girl Scouts there was a girl in the group that would do anything for a dare. I liked to consider myself a daredevil, but she was dared to lick a cockroach that was crawling across the floor and SHE DID IT. I would not have dared to do that.

My flatmate at uni once ate a cigarette butt as a dare. The worst part - it wasn't even HER cigarette butt. We've no idea whose it was as it was a flat party and there were about 50 people there. Absolutely minging. (But your cockroach licker is still worse!)
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    currently doing the 20 page catch up, in the meantime....

post date update!

ok, so i met the really nice dude for the first time on 7/9.
    since that thursday, i have literally spent some time of every day with him. ranging from two hours, to entire days.
    it's been absolutely amazing.

there was a slight hiccup on friday, where apparently he had had a panic attack on wednesday and didn't tell me. and the reason he didn't tell me is because the panic attack was from him getting freaked out that what we've been doing must be too good to be true, the shoe was going to drop and he was going to be crushed. he thought he ruined the potential of us having a relationship by letting things go too far too fast and was just overwhelmed by the whole thing. (which i actually think is pretty darn precious, just wish the poor dude didn't have to have a panic attack over it). so on friday, he was trying to reel things back a bit and to me it was like, oh and he's the rejection i've been expecting!

but then amazingly, on saturday, and then some more on sunday, we completely talked through everything. and he never got angry, or defensive, or stormed off (which was 97% of any discussion from my previous relationship). we came to a mutual conclusion on going forward and how we wanted to keep going forward. it was kinda awesome.

like really awesome. super great even ;)

and now he's determined to help me get my house done. my place has been in a constant state of "under construction" since i bought it. the ex wasn't exactly carpentry savvy, or motivated, so nothing was ever finished. lots and lots of starts, nothing finished. so yesterday we spent the whole day working on the dining room that still had naked walls and exposed insulation. one of the things he said while we were working that just totally made me melt was "just so you know, we're going to be eating dinner in here before the end of this week. this will be done" *sqee!*

yeah i'm pretty sure i've decided to keep him :D
  • Glinda1971
    @KylerJaye That is a super great update!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I confess I'd like to strangle my husband for eating my Graze flapjacks (by far the best of all the Graze snacks) without asking...especially when I buy him an entire box (or 2) of granola bars each week. :(
    While muttering under my breath about how irritated I was by this, my sweet son reminded me that we're supposed to share. Lesson learned.

I also confess that I'm starting to freak out a bit because preschool starts in exactly two months from today! What???? Where has my little baby gone?

Awwww how cute is that??
  • Italian_Buju
    eddnysi1spdh.png

This made me laugh, forever, and ever, lol.
  • Italian_Buju
    I confess I'd like to strangle my husband for eating my Graze flapjacks (by far the best of all the Graze snacks) without asking...especially when I buy him an entire box (or 2) of granola bars each week. :(
    While muttering under my breath about how irritated I was by this, my sweet son reminded me that we're supposed to share. Lesson learned.

I also confess that I'm starting to freak out a bit because preschool starts in exactly two months from today! What???? Where has my little baby gone?
    Make your own! So easy http://kitchenoverlord.com/2014/08/13/scottish-flapjacks-or-the-only-reason-you-still-subscribe-to-graze/

Aww, preschool! Is he excited?

Thank you! I remember someone (maybe you) posted a recipe for them before but I never copied it down!

And yes, he is excited most days...but sometimes he says, "No Mama, I want to stay home with you"! Awww :(
    To be honest, it's mostly me that I'm worried about! He'll have new friends, toys, games, and stuff to learn. I'll just be home by myself, without my little sidekick. I know it'll be fine...after all, it's only Tuesdays and Thursdays for 3 hours. I'll probably end up loving the alone time...but for now, I'll be sad.

@kellyjellybellyjelly, interesting thoughts about PLL. I'll be shocked though if they really tell us who A is once and for all.

I have mentioned this before, but that is exactly how it will go.

Last summer was the first time both my kids had real full time jobs. They were both rather homebodies at night, so I maybe got one night alone a year for the last 17 years, and then all of a sudden, they were both gone from like 3pm into the late evening, almost every night. At first I was a bit freaked out, and would go out every time they both worked, which was many nights a week. If I was at home, I could not relax. After a few weeks, it got a little better, and then by the end of the summer, it was fine.

Then my daughter left for school in the fall, and my son continued to work several nights a week all year.

My daughter came back, and she is on a rotating shift, and gets a LOT of day shifts....now I get super excited if they are both working night shift so I can have some alone time, lol. This magically night happens tomorrow this week. I can't wait! It seems to only happen once every couple weeks now......however, she will be leaving for school in less than two months, and my son always works evenings. :p