Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    Some of my relatives and friends of those relatives keep asking me how I'm losing weight. The same people will ask me multiple times. At first I thought it was because they just weren't remembering the information, now I'm starting to think it is because some of them don't believe me. I overheard one of them saying that it isn't that I've finally been correctly diagnosed and medicated no, it is because I've had the surgery. How I've managed to have that surgery and see them once a week without recovery time is a mystery!

I confess I really want to stop seeing these people and on the way out the door I'd like to slap a few of them. Not with a chair or anything too drastic. I also confess that while I have said I'm using a calorie counting site I have not told them it is this one. This is for me. They can sign up on their own, but I do not want to talk to them here as well. I sort of don't care if that makes me a jerk.

I am also tired of people asking me how I did it, signing up for the site, I friend them, and then they never log, don't weigh their food, never complete their diary and then tell me it doesn't work. Well guys, look at me... I lost 30 lbs. You say I look great. So...this does work. If you are honest and track religiously.
    Yeah, I've encouraged a couple of people to sign up, and ... nothing.

The only person I've encouraged is my sister and that was to save her from her overly restrictive low fat ways.

She is using it and losing. But she doesn't come in the forums.

If anyone else I knew signed up, I probably wouldn't friend them. This part of my life is, well not private per se, but not for sharing with coworkers etc.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    Some of my relatives and friends of those relatives keep asking me how I'm losing weight. The same people will ask me multiple times. At first I thought it was because they just weren't remembering the information, now I'm starting to think it is because some of them don't believe me. I overheard one of them saying that it isn't that I've finally been correctly diagnosed and medicated no, it is because I've had the surgery. How I've managed to have that surgery and see them once a week without recovery time is a mystery!

I confess I really want to stop seeing these people and on the way out the door I'd like to slap a few of them. Not with a chair or anything too drastic. I also confess that while I have said I'm using a calorie counting site I have not told them it is this one. This is for me. They can sign up on their own, but I do not want to talk to them here as well. I sort of don't care if that makes me a jerk.

I am also tired of people asking me how I did it, signing up for the site, I friend them, and then they never log, don't weigh their food, never complete their diary and then tell me it doesn't work. Well guys, look at me... I lost 30 lbs. You say I look great. So...this does work. If you are honest and track religiously.
    Yeah, I've encouraged a couple of people to sign up, and ... nothing.

The only person I've encouraged is my sister and that was to save her from her overly restrictive low fat ways.

She is using it and losing. But she doesn't come in the forums.

If anyone else I knew signed up, I probably wouldn't friend them. This part of my life is, well not private per se, but not for sharing with coworkers etc.

I've lost 35 pounds and my coworkers tell me I look great and I've told them to sign up and they just say "I don't have the time." When they JUST finished complaining about 'wasting' hours watching T.V.... *eyeroll*

So I think it is for the best that they "Don't have the time" because then I don't have to deal with the rest of their excuses.

ETA: Who needs grammar in the mornings anyway?
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    I have two NSV's to share with you all:

I haven't been wearing any of my jeans because they were way too tight. I put them on this weekend and they're loose. They won't be wearable shortly.

And secondly - when I stand up straight and look down - I can see my toes!!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

I haven't been wearing any of my jeans because they were way too tight. I put them on this weekend and they're loose. They won't be wearable shortly.

I LONG for this one...so much..but my chesticles make it impossible. :lol:

Congratulations on both NSV's! Are you one who looks forward to shopping for newer and smaller clothes?
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I have to have a blood test done again because the hospital messed up the label. I'm not overly bothered as I'm not squeamish about needles.

Since it was their error, the hospital offered to send the nurse to me so I wouldn't have to take yet more time off work for appointments. Suits me, except I still haven't told work I'm pregnant. I'm planning on telling tomorrow when the boss will be in the office after 2 weeks away (and I'll be 16 weeks and struggling to hide it). Having a nurse come to my office and do a blood test won't be a problem for my work, but how am I going to explain it? Is it cruel to allow them to believe I'm dying until tomorrow, when I'll finally spill the beans?
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options

Congratulations on both NSV's! Are you one who looks forward to shopping for newer and smaller clothes?

I'm with ya on that one :( Stupid 34DD makes it hard to see anything below me :(

and yay Glinda! Good job on the NSVs!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    So...DH was an idiot this weekend and I got upset and decided to have some "me time". I went and got my hair cut chin length and got some new clothes on Saturday after my job. Left the boys with him for about 8 hours, which I never do, but I SO needed it and part of it was when I was working. Only spent about $200 total on everything >.< oops. Oh well, this is the first time I've liked my hair in about...10 years. It's adorable and the lady cutting my hair told me my face was so narrow that a shorter cut helps make it look fuller (which is true, when I'm not overweight, I have a long thin face), so that was cool. Made me feel awesome. I worked the wedding until like noon and then didn't come home til dinnertime, but it was worth it.

Got a new pair of jeans for work, too, in a size 6. That felt awesome. I had too much Starbucks this past weekend though (I LOVE iced skinny caramel macchiatos, even though the sugar makes me sick) and I stress ate on Saturday. +2.4 lb this am. :( Oh well, I'm back on the grind again today.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    I totally wee in the shower.

Um, didn't the same poster post this a few pages back :|

I thought they had confessed that twice :D!

I confess that I went on a walk this morning only so I could pass my sister on the leaderboard steps on Fitbit o:).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Eve53 wrote: »
    Ok, I'll try to keep up. I got another confession though... I use mens shampoo/body wash at the gym because I can't find an all in one that is made for women, and don't want to be bothered with more than one bottle.

Also, I don't wear undies or a bra when I leave the gym because I don't want the trouble of trying to get them back on when I'm all spent from working out, lol.

1st bolded, I use Head 'n' Shoulders OR V05 makes a 2in1 that's not bad and Finesse does one as well. One bottle and the V05 and Finesse have glorious long lasting scents and then I hit my hair up with a leave in conditioner when I get home.

2nd bolded, I also skip the undies...Tonight, I am at work, going commando because I did weights(Leg day), a run with my dog(30 minutes) and some time on the elliptical(20 minutes). After my shower I had NO leg power for underwear. Eff that. :smirk:

I'll have to look at Finesse & VO5 since I find the Herbal Essence 2 In 1 leaves my hair pretty dry.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

Yay for NSVs!!! Congrats!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Whoo for both of your NSVs! Time for a shopping spree.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

Happy dance! Great job.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    1. I HATE "body posi" posts on social media. Aside from the fact that they encourage mediocrity (I hate those cutesy "Another day and I still didn't use algebra" posts for the same reason), they only seem to promote positivity for the obese to super obese. I have no problem with body positivity for someone who is working to change their size or for someone who has decided that a BMI of 24.5 is fine, but don't try to pass off obesity as a valid lifestyle choice. Judge me if you want for that.
    2. This morning I was scooping coffee granules into the basket and couldn't figure out why the grams weren't changing on my scale. Then I realized that I was frowning at the clock on my coffee maker and I don't weigh that anyway.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I dropped a big blog of peanut butter onto the crotch of my black pants. I tried to clean it off, but peanut butter isn't the most cooperative, so I will most likely have this awful stain on the crotch of my pants all day.

I really don't like the word crotch.

Tehe I've done this with avocado before :D

I'm not a huge fan of the word crotch either but as much as I dislike it it makes me giggle!

This reminds me.....I bought Wholly Guacamole today, single serve, spicy.....I have not tried it yet, but when I do, it is the first time ever.....I know to eat it with nacho chips, but do I also use salsa? Cheese dip? Anything else?? LOL

I eat it with GF pretzels or crackers. I do also eat it with tortilla chips and salsa.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    1. I HATE "body posi" posts on social media. Aside from the fact that they encourage mediocrity (I hate those cutesy "Another day and I still didn't use algebra" posts for the same reason), they only seem to promote positivity for the obese to super obese. I have no problem with body positivity for someone who is working to change their size or for someone who has decided that a BMI of 24.5 is fine, but don't try to pass off obesity as a valid lifestyle choice. Judge me if you want for that.
    2. This morning I was scooping coffee granules into the basket and couldn't figure out why the grams weren't changing on my scale. Then I realized that I was frowning at the clock on my coffee maker and I don't weigh that anyway.

That is awesome! I could totally see myself doing that, bleary eyed and tired...
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I have to have a blood test done again because the hospital messed up the label. I'm not overly bothered as I'm not squeamish about needles.

Since it was their error, the hospital offered to send the nurse to me so I wouldn't have to take yet more time off work for appointments. Suits me, except I still haven't told work I'm pregnant. I'm planning on telling tomorrow when the boss will be in the office after 2 weeks away (and I'll be 16 weeks and struggling to hide it). Having a nurse come to my office and do a blood test won't be a problem for my work, but how am I going to explain it? Is it cruel to allow them to believe I'm dying until tomorrow, when I'll finally spill the beans?

I suppose it depends on whether you like them or not... :D
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options

Woohoo!! :)

Since it's summer, maybe you can get by with one pair of transitional jeans...
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Eve53 wrote: »
    Ok, I'll try to keep up. I got another confession though... I use mens shampoo/body wash at the gym because I can't find an all in one that is made for women, and don't want to be bothered with more than one bottle.

Also, I don't wear undies or a bra when I leave the gym because I don't want the trouble of trying to get them back on when I'm all spent from working out, lol.

I confess that this morning I got up at around 5:30 AM to get a shower & after putting Herbal Essence 2 in 1 in my hair I almost put body wash in my hair.

I also confess that some days I forget to wear deodorant to work.

I have used my body wash in my hair because I was THAT tired after finishing a 16 hour shift sleeping for 4 hours and hopping back to work for another 12 hours. I was halfway through the rinse before I realized what I had done.... But my hair survived and didn't act or smell too much out of the ordinary.

I very routinely use shampoo for body wash. I also only "wash" the root portion of my hair and figure that rinsing past the rest of my hair is enough of a wash most of the time (I don't use any styling aids usually.) I do use a lot of conditioner on my hair. It is also good for shaving cream for shaving legs in a pinch.

Woman after my own heart right here. :heart:

Mine too. I'm all about a fast shower to get clean and a long bubble bath with a good book. (I get time for this about once every 10 days.)

• Glinda1971
    Options

Not I, I hate shopping. I'm kind of sad for that reason that I'm shrinking out of everything.

I didn't think I was ever going to see my toes - I'm well endowed - but they've shrunk down enough.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    So, I only ended up 46 pages behind... Hmmm, to catch up or not to catch up, that is the question.