Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I didn't like milk much when I was little... drinking milk by itself was basically unheard of for me (didn't HATE it, just wasn't much of a fan). Now that I'm older my love of dairy products in general has GREATLY increased. I always loved yogurt (and ice cream, of course) and still do... but cheese and milk have become much more enjoyable for me. My mom is very much lactose intolerant and cannot drink milk or eat much ice cream without getting sick. :(

I am lactose intolerant as well. I eat all the yogurt! I can have milk or cheese very occasionally, but mostly it makes me vomit. :(

• Kalici
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »

I had to return a product to GNC that seriously was one of the most vilest things I have ever ate in my entire life! I would rather eat Kale with no salad dressing! I bought this peanut butter called Cracked Nut Butter in a Cookie Dough flavor for around $6.99 with my Gold card. I had seen it online & knew it wouldn't be very sweet but I wasn't expecting it to taste like vomit. So if you ever see this product & you like sweet peanut butters or at the very least semi-sweet then avoid this like the plague.

I think you're being unfairly harsh! Who among us doesn't relish not very sweet vomit flavoured anything? I have to say I am severely disappointed in you and we thought this was a no judgement zone! ;)

@Kalici I so badly wanted to love that product, because who doesn't love cookie dough? Calling itself cookie dough is a misleading lie! The lady at GNC said it was discontinued probably from tasting like vomit:D.

I am still a bit bummed that Wal-Mart didn't have this anymore:(. I am thinking of ordering a few jars online.

Now that looks like something I need in my life.
  • Kalici
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    All my Canadian friends on here - anyone have any ideas where to buy reasonably priced bras in 38G or H? I'm hoping this is a transitional size so I don't want to spend a ton but my old 44DD is getting a little too big.

The 44's were probably wrong too but they did the trick and I could find them at a reasonable cost.

Sorry... I did the best finding mine at Nordstrom Rack at Mall of America, but I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum... itty bitties.

My BFF wears 38F and she pays $120 for her bras. Not a "reasonable cost" but she'll pay the price for comfort.

I am currently (it keeps changing!) a 36F and the last time I wandered through Sears (seriously, I went through their exit to get into the mall) I found TWO bras marked down to $7.99 a piece. I couldn't believe my luck. Truly, someone cast deeply powerful sorcery on my behalf that day.
  • Kalici
    Options
    freak4iron wrote: »
    Every time I weigh peanut butter for my shakes, anywhere between 30-50 grams *accidenty* falls onto the tip of my finger, then consequently jumps right into my mouth.... I've tried writting Jiffy about this problem, they still haven't got back to me.

With the amount of people who seem to have this problem you'd think that at the very least the major peanut butter brands would do something. It does make me a little paranoid though. Obviously, this shows that the peanut butter is evolving and will soon take over the world.

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    @tubbs216 @peleroja and @ythannah Thank you!!

I asked my mom to look when she was out shopping and she found some at Sears for $40 Since I'm hoping this is a transitional size as long as they are semi comfortable it will work.

We don't have a Bay here.

Ahh, Sears. Should've thought of them... had to give up on Sears as the smallest band size they carry is 34.

Glad you found some!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 I am so sorry that you, and your little girl, are having to deal with all of this, and am sending you prayers and virtual hugs! For what it's worth, I'm amazed by how strong you seem in the face of all of these challenges, and I think that your little girl is extremely blessed to have such a strong, caring mom who's focused on her well-being. We're all rooting for her!

This sums up my feelings on the situation perfectly!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Guys, guys, guess what?! We went to Oakwood Homes today, just to see what they would say about us being able to buy a mobile home. Needless to say, we found a style we fell in love with, and the person we worked with sounded very optimistic that we would be able to get financing for it. I hope so, because we've worked really hard to fix some things on our credit to get to this point! He's sending in our paperwork on Monday and we should know something within 3-4 days of that. Not to mention, a good friend of the family may possibly let us rent a lot on his land (he used to have a mobile home park) for it! I'm excited, but I don't want to get too excited lol. :smile:
    That's amazing! You guys really deserve it.

It is nice to see you posting here again @Italian_Buju

Thanks! :)
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    @raelynnsmama52512 That is exciting news!! I hope it all works out for you!

@raelynnsmama52512 Best wishes that the financing will come through for you!
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 exciting. I hope it all works out well for you. That is a lot of moving pieces coming together. Best of luck in everything!

Thanks y'all! ❤️
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 I am so sorry that you, and your little girl, are having to deal with all of this, and am sending you prayers and virtual hugs! For what it's worth, I'm amazed by how strong you seem in the face of all of these challenges, and I think that your little girl is extremely blessed to have such a strong, caring mom who's focused on her well-being. We're all rooting for her!

This sums up my feelings on the situation perfectly!

Thank you! :) ❤️
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    So, since today is national ice cream day, how are we celebrating? ;)
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. I have to admit that part of the frustration is that I'm really ticked off at myself for getting sick in the first place. I've had this disorder for the better part of three years, and living with a chronic disease long-term means you learn how to manage it well (as I'm sure @Italian_Buju can attest to) or you're doomed. I learned all the little nuances and whispers of my body and when to stop and take it easy. But after a six month respite from any sort of flares, I got overconfident and stopped paying attention.

In hindsight, as an ill person, I KNEW and still know that I'm not capable of 60 minutes of stationary bike PLUS 36 flights of stairs PLUS a one hour walk, especially not when I'm fasting, which makes me much more prone to weakness. But I did that TWO DAYS IN A ROW without even thinking about it. So this flare up is all my stupid fault, and I'm pretty mad at me. I'm also mad at my body for not being healthy, which is a common resentment I have that always comes to the fore when I get sick. Stupid body, stupid me, stupid everything. :angry:

Truest statement ever! You try not to let it run your life, but if you forget for a minute it is there, something will happen to remind you!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I would refuse to eat certain foods as a kid. My father would not allow me to leave the table. After 2 or 3 hours my mother would come in and BEG me to eat. Nope. No way. To this day I won't eat the exact same foods.

So, what are the foods that you won't eat? As kids we had to eat a couple bites of everything, I now do the same thing to my kids. I think it made me more willing to try new foods. The only foods, that I can think of right now, that I won't eat are cooked carrots (unless they are mixed in something like vegetable soup), lima beans, and brussel sprouts. I'm also not a huge fan of melon, in general, but I'll eat it if I have to.

For years I wouldn't eat any cooked vegetables except corn, carrots, potatoes and peas. Now I'll eat eggplant, zucchini, peppers and spinach - all foods my dad hates and therefore were never forced on me as a child.

I hate cooked carrots, peas, eggplant, tomatoes, zucchini, and summer squash ... the list goes on. I can tolerate carrots and tomatoes raw. I don't like mushy vegetables.

I also hate cooked carrots & the only way I'll eat them is either with a ton of salad dressing or some other kind of dip! We had to eat them a lot with beef & potatoes.

The only other vegetables I despise are kale (the most disgusting thing ever) & brussels sprouts.

I tried kale once and could not understand why people think it is food :(
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    May not be appropriate for @Susieq_1994!

Confession: I found out last night that a friend I used to work with has just been charged with second-degree murder of his wife, who has been missing since November. I'm having a hard time and am absolutely shocked, and still don't really believe it, even though the police quotes say he's been concealing the body at his home for the past 8 months. It just doesn't seem to compute at all against the person I remember.

This is just horrible. How do people do that? How do people not SMELL the decaying body?

They do smell it and they end up telling the police later that they felt bad for the guy or didn't really think anything of it because he is so nice! Like what happened with John Wayne Gacy.

Ahhh don't get me started on JWG!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorothea_Puente

This lady was an older serial killer & she basically had a room in her house that they dubbed the killing room. She would board people that had mental, drug, or other issues & then steal their social security. Whenever they would figure out what she was doing she would murder them & then have the other tenants basically do "yard work" which more or less was graves for bodies.

I've seen a few specials on her! She's been on a few different shows on the Investigation Discovery channel! People are insane!

Yes. And this may have come up before, but I love ID. It's my "home alone" channel because my husband thinks it's creepy. LOL

I love the ID Channel. My stepdad always tells my mom that she watches it so she can learn how to murder him. The one day I had it on & my dog was sitting there watching it & I couldn't help but think that she'll murder me in my sleep.

It would appear on an episode Cold Case Files: The Murderous Dog

I watch a lot of ID too....when I first got that channel about five years ago, I spent a lot of time watching several dozen episodes of "Deadly Woman". My kids started asking if I was plotting to murder them, lol. Between the amount of docs I watch on crime, and the fact that 98% of the books I read are true crime, if something creepy starts to happen around here, I am gonna have people watching me, lol. I always joke around that I am studying to become a serial killer :p

I have studied (for lack of a better term, as it is definitely more than a vague interest) serial killers for as long as I can remember. In grade 7, I did my speech on Charles Manson, and creeped my teacher out to the point that she called my parents in for a meeting :#

I am actually fascinated and to most (not all) am quite empathetic to most of them. Most people are not born evil, something makes them that way, and some of their childhoods, remind me somewhat of my own. It has always made me wonder why some people with that background end up like them, and some semi normal like me.
  • Italian_Buju
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I just ate a banana and I thought about back when I spent some time in a hospital. There was a girl who sat next to me and started ranting about the proper way to eat a banana. She said that her mom and sister peeled back the banana and ate it while it still sat in the rest of the peel. She claimed to have never seen anyone else do it like that.... and all I could think was ''Wait... you REMOVE the whole banana before eating it???'' I had never seen her way and she had never seen mine.

She thought this was crazy:
    zhlycsr7epml.jpg

Most people eat their bananas like this, right? :lol:

Most people eat it like that, but are peeling it from the wrong end.....

ETA: Interesting fact: I have a friend that is allergic to latex, so if she wants a banana, someone else has to peel it and give it to her, because while the actual banana is fine, the peel contains a component that latex does and will make her sick.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I just ate a banana and I thought about back when I spent some time in a hospital. There was a girl who sat next to me and started ranting about the proper way to eat a banana. She said that her mom and sister peeled back the banana and ate it while it still sat in the rest of the peel. She claimed to have never seen anyone else do it like that.... and all I could think was ''Wait... you REMOVE the whole banana before eating it???'' I had never seen her way and she had never seen mine.

She thought this was crazy:
    zhlycsr7epml.jpg

Most people eat their bananas like this, right? :lol:

Raelynn has to have her banana out of the peel, or else she doesn't want to eat it. I always thought it was just her lol! And now I want a banana sandwich like I had growing up (bread, DUKES mayo, and sliced bananas). Oh, I need some more bananas! :laugh:

Mayo on bananas? Ewwwwwwwwwwww
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    What's with all the sweet pickle hate? I love ALL the pickles. More for me, tra la la!

I am in this camp. I like dill, bread & butter, sweet gherkin and all relish.

Me too!

Can someone tell me what in the world bread and butter pickles are? :-/ They sound so weird... Does anyone actually put pickles on bread and butter?!

The best way to describe them is plain. They are not nearly as tangy as dill or sweet pickles, a more subtle taste....perfect for a turkey and mayo sandwich lol.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I had the exact thoughts about getting banana gunk on your hands :tongue:

Also, I grew up in South Carolina and I have never had a banana and mayo sandwich. Not only that, but it sounds disgusting to me! I already don't like mayonnaise that much, but maybe I'd like the sandwich. Who knows? I think it was Italian_Buju who mentioned eating tomato and peanut butter sandwiches. All kinds of combinations you'd never think to try out there.

YES! Those are all kinds of YUM!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    So, since today is national ice cream day, how are we celebrating? ;)

I'm having Graeter's!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I had the exact thoughts about getting banana gunk on your hands :tongue:

Also, I grew up in South Carolina and I have never had a banana and mayo sandwich. Not only that, but it sounds disgusting to me! I already don't like mayonnaise that much, but maybe I'd like the sandwich. Who knows? I think it was Italian_Buju who mentioned eating tomato and peanut butter sandwiches. All kinds of combinations you'd never think to try out there.

Oh banana sandwiches are heavenly! I need one in my life here soon I do believe! Try it, it's better when there's not a lot of mayo, and it must be dukes mayo! ;)

I have never seen dukes mayo, guess it is an American thing. I am 100% team Miracle Whip over here! It is much more tangy than regular mayo!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    GUYSGUYSGUYSYOUGUYS.

I spent the whole morning researching and talked to my husband and I think we might get to go to Peru after all in September!

There are several alternative treks to Machu Picchu other than the classic "Inca Trail" with the crowds and the permits and stuff, and after reading a ton about all of them I decided that the Salkantay trek would probably be an even better option for us. It's quieter, you don't need a permit, it is BEAUTIFUL, and it's higher-altitude (up to 15,900 ft) and more challenging than the usual trail (but they are able to use pack animals so we'd have llamas to carry our backpacks). I've emailed the linked tour company to see if they have space available and I hope so, because we'd still get to trek and see Machu Picchu but would get to do it in a totally different way. I'm so freaking excited and I am hoping so much that we can get on a tour!

Look at this! I think we have to do it this way even if we have to put it off until May because it looks amazing and so much better than the beaten path....

szbno88da1bs.jpg

I want to live in this photo forever.