Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Rheameg wrote: »
    Why are the thin and well built members of MFP so mean? I guess they've never been where we are.

I don't think they are all mean. I think the mean ones are more vocal. I hope I am not mean... well, except to my brothers, who deserve it... and I am fairly happy with my body. I'm still working to improve my fitness but it's because if you stop you start deteriorating again and I have worked hard to get here.

I tend to think this,too. I think there are a lot of well-meaning people on the boards, but I also find that there are quite a few snappy/snarky ones and THOSE are the vocal ones. I have lots of times I venture out to the main boards and nope right back in here and other times where I can handle it. A lot of them follow the SAD with CICO like it's a religion (and really all diets are CICO based, because science) but a LOT of them fail to take into account medical issues. Some of us like myself have them. Real, verified, tested, doctor signed off medical issues, not the people who think they're special snowflakes and "different".

I get why they're skeptical. It's common to see people on here, like, "I eat 1200 calories and can't lose" and then they aren't weighing out food or they're overestimating exercise. Ok, so standard blanket answers of "eat less, move more" work for 95% of people. There are legitimately people that have to tweak things a bit more. The board as a whole doesn't seem to get it.

I get really frustrated when I see people with some of my same medical issues being told things that my endocrinologist/surgeon/GP would NEVER tell me, and some of the vocal meanies on the board just hammer these posters. I've tried to counter it with "I have X/Y/Z too and that goes against my doctor's advice" and *I* get hammered. So I follow the advice of "Don't argue with people on the internet" and nope right back into this thread. It's not that I can't handle meanness, I just consider it kind of a waste of time.

I have my own medical issues so I totally get this.

I also float to the comprehensive weight loss center at my hospital for work (covering vacations, etc.) and get livid when I see people telling pre-op patients to fire the doctor for the food plan. Really? Do they know what happens if you eat high fat foods after surgery? Or highly processed carbs? For the first month you're on mostly cottage cheese, yogurt, mashed veggies, and liquid vitamins. We're trying to prepare you for that drastic change and help you lose weight pre-op to make surgery safer for you.

I try to stay out of the mean threads, but I do tell people to listen to their medical team if they want their medical insurance to pay for their treatment.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I have been sleeping terribly for the past two nights. Getting out of bed thinking that I have to do something or save someone (the yoga woman from Orange is the New Black for some reason), sitting up straight staring at the wall while still half dreaming, moving around and waking up every thirty minutes. I feel so tired. To top it off, my feet and legs are acting up (I have restless leg syndrome like almost every woman on my mom's side...). It's not too bad right now, but it's enough to make it difficult for me to fall back asleep. Hoping I can get a nap in today.

May I join you in the freaky dreamers' club?

Last night I dreamt that people kept falling off the edges of things and just landing head first below. I kept warning them this was likely to happen if they went up there, but they ignored me. Horrific! It does show I'm a know-all, even in my dreams.

I had a horrible dream last night too!! I dreamnt that my gums were coming loose from my teeth and peeling and I could pull on some gums and they'd break away from my teeth and leave these huge gaping holes. I have no idea why and it was awful!

Do any of you dream about work? When I first started to cashier I used to dream almost every night that I would be ringing people out & then say, "sorry, my line's closed." Ugh! I said it was a recurring nightmare since I couldn't get away from work.

I would say my scariest was the time I dreamt that Adolph Hitler was alive & was coming to kill me. I even woke up in a pile of sweat & had to think to myself if he was dead or alive.

I used to dream about projects at work, not so much any more. I'm also a lot less busy at work at current employer than at previous employer, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I confess I'd like to strangle my husband for eating my Graze flapjacks (by far the best of all the Graze snacks) without asking...especially when I buy him an entire box (or 2) of granola bars each week. :(
    While muttering under my breath about how irritated I was by this, my sweet son reminded me that we're supposed to share. Lesson learned.

I also confess that I'm starting to freak out a bit because preschool starts in exactly two months from today! What???? Where has my little baby gone?
    Make your own! So easy http://kitchenoverlord.com/2014/08/13/scottish-flapjacks-or-the-only-reason-you-still-subscribe-to-graze/

Aww, preschool! Is he excited?

Thank you! I remember someone (maybe you) posted a recipe for them before but I never copied it down!

And yes, he is excited most days...but sometimes he says, "No Mama, I want to stay home with you"! Awww :(
    To be honest, it's mostly me that I'm worried about! He'll have new friends, toys, games, and stuff to learn. I'll just be home by myself, without my little sidekick. I know it'll be fine...after all, it's only Tuesdays and Thursdays for 3 hours. I'll probably end up loving the alone time...but for now, I'll be sad.

@kellyjellybellyjelly, interesting thoughts about PLL. I'll be shocked though if they really tell us who A is once and for all.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I'm almost done with Survivor 29 and I am really upset by the final three. One of them I like ok (and I think for sure is going to win), the other two I never really liked... and the person I wanted to win got voted out in fourth place. ARGH. Hate it when that happens.

On another note, I keep hearing some weird sound coming from my kitchen and I'm not sure what it could be. I told my boyfriend our apartment must be haunted or something. It almost sounds like some water is splashing on the floor violently, but I can't find anything wrong. We recently had an ant infestation so maybe a big ant is making noise in our wall as revenge for our ant murder.

Creepy. I hope you can figure out what it is. If you do, let us know.

Back in about 2009 or 2010, we had a few months were my whole family was experiencing weird things (in different locations) that I've never been able to explain to this day. It was really weird... I felt like we were all haunted for a while too.

Had a whole post on this but it got eaten, so here's myCliffNotes:

*cue creepy music and/or men in white coats to take me away, whichever you prefer*

I like science so I rationalize/explain away a lot of things but in every home I've been in, since I was 10-12 (age when Puberty hit me hard), weird things happen. They happen so regularly that I now just shrug and deal with it.

Briefly:
    -Grandpa died in a nursing home for Alzheimer's patients. He was healthy as a horse just not in his right mind, Had a dream the night before he died that he was in a storm and scared but then white light took him up away from the storm. Next morning my mom called me and told me he got locked out of the home and was stuck in the yard all night and was coughing/sick (it rained). He died a week later.

-Saw things in just about every home I've been in.

-I had a miscarriage (I've had a few, actually, but I just never talk about them) and it was a pretty bad one, pain-wise. Was in bed watching TV and heard a giant bang (like shake the walls kind of bang) in the kitchen, went in the kitchen, nothing amiss except my keys were lying in the middle of the floor. Weird, they were in my purse, but k, gravity makes things fall. Put them back in, nothing happened. Took a really hot shower later in the day to help with the pain, nothing weird when I got in, when I came out in the mirror there was "Bb" in the steam (like that, capital B, lowercase b). Pretty faint though.

-We get footsteps running up and down our stairs. At night I'll be sitting in the living room armchair and hear little quick steps like my 3.5 yr old running going up/down the stairs right in front of me, so I'd see if it was DS. I still always check on him anyway. He's always asleep. I'm always the last one up, bc I don't sleep much.

-I get tappings on windows that follow me as I move around the house (I go in the living room, hear it in the kitchen. Go in the kitchen to check, hear it in the living room window right by the chair I always sit in). We have a floodlight right outside in both places and I never see anything. We had that in our old apartment, our previous house, and then the house we just moved to in April. k, fine, our house is from 1972 so older, but our last house was from 2012.

That's just some of it; it doesn't bother me anymore but it'll spook DH. Usually happens to me but he occasionally gets it too so he's stopped making fun of me about it.

I swear I'm not nuts, either (although crazy people never think they're crazy, so...) I always shrug it off, but after a while, you start to think there's something there.

and I have had it happen where I thought I saw something shadowy outside, turned out to be a squirrel running, etc. so I know the difference.

This gave me the heebie jeebies. I have goosebumps on my face. That's some freaking stuff, right there.

I read the whole cliff's notes wondering when the crazy part was coming. These things have happened to me my whole life. They don't happen in this house, but they happen other places. Either we're both crazy or neither of us is.

I'm a scientist with many years of schooling and training and I can't explain a number of things that have happened to me. I would love to explain them but so far I can't. So I offer no explanation for this. Here's one of many examples. When I was in my early 20's I had broken up with a cheating & lying boyfriend. It had been awhile since the breakup. He wanted to talk. Fine. To talk we went for a drive in my little gray pickup truck. I was driving and I turned off of PCH near Malibu onto Mulholand Drive. It was just about dusk. I had not driven that part of Mulholand Drive before but I knew it went all the way through to more populated areas. I had not driven far when we approached a huge tree overhanging the road. The tree (and I don't know why I knew it was the tree, but I knew- the voice was inside my head and out loud at the same time, and our windows were up but it was not muffled) said to me "Stop, turn around." I heard it. Ex bf heard it and we looked at each other and at the tree (although within five minutes he denied it without prompting.) I drove just a little further and again "Stop. Turn around." Who am I to argue with a tree? I made a U-turn and went back to PCH and we finished our drive. A few days later I read in the newspaper about a body being found just beyond where I had driven. The description of the woman, age, height, hair color, etc, and the description of the vehicle fit me and my vehicle.

This story gave me goosebumps. Wow, that's crazy in a good way.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    I'm almost done with Survivor 29 and I am really upset by the final three. One of them I like ok (and I think for sure is going to win), the other two I never really liked... and the person I wanted to win got voted out in fourth place. ARGH. Hate it when that happens.

On another note, I keep hearing some weird sound coming from my kitchen and I'm not sure what it could be. I told my boyfriend our apartment must be haunted or something. It almost sounds like some water is splashing on the floor violently, but I can't find anything wrong. We recently had an ant infestation so maybe a big ant is making noise in our wall as revenge for our ant murder.

Back in about 2009 or 2010, we had a few months were my whole family was experiencing weird things (in different locations) that I've never been able to explain to this day. It was really weird... I felt like we were all haunted for a while too.

*cue creepy music and/or men in white coats to take me away, whichever you prefer*

I like science so I rationalize/explain away a lot of things but in every home I've been in, since I was 10-12 (age when Puberty hit me hard), weird things happen. They happen so regularly that I now just shrug and deal with it.

Briefly:
    -Grandpa died in a nursing home for Alzheimer's patients. He was healthy as a horse just not in his right mind, Had a dream the night before he died that he was in a storm and scared but then white light took him up away from the storm. Next morning my mom called me and told me he got locked out of the home and was stuck in the yard all night and was coughing/sick (it rained). He died a week later.

-I had a miscarriage (I've had a few, actually, but I just never talk about them) and it was a pretty bad one, pain-wise. Was in bed watching TV and heard a giant bang (like shake the walls kind of bang) in the kitchen, went in the kitchen, nothing amiss except my keys were lying in the middle of the floor. Weird, they were in my purse, but k, gravity makes things fall. Put them back in, nothing happened. Took a really hot shower later in the day to help with the pain, nothing weird when I got in, when I came out in the mirror there was "Bb" in the steam (like that, capital B, lowercase b). Pretty faint though.

-We get footsteps running up and down our stairs. At night I'll be sitting in the living room armchair and hear little quick steps like my 3.5 yr old running going up/down the stairs right in front of me, so I'd see if it was DS. I still always check on him anyway. He's always asleep. I'm always the last one up, bc I don't sleep much.

-I get tappings on windows that follow me as I move around the house (I go in the living room, hear it in the kitchen. Go in the kitchen to check, hear it in the living room window right by the chair I always sit in). We have a floodlight right outside in both places and I never see anything. We had that in our old apartment, our previous house, and then the house we just moved to in April. k, fine, our house is from 1972 so older, but our last house was from 2012.

That's just some of it; it doesn't bother me anymore but it'll spook DH. Usually happens to me but he occasionally gets it too so he's stopped making fun of me about it.

I swear I'm not nuts, either (although crazy people never think they're crazy, so...) I always shrug it off, but after a while, you start to think there's something there.

and I have had it happen where I thought I saw something shadowy outside, turned out to be a squirrel running, etc. so I know the difference.

This gave me the heebie jeebies. I have goosebumps on my face. That's some freaking stuff, right there.

I read the whole cliff's notes wondering when the crazy part was coming. These things have happened to me my whole life. They don't happen in this house, but they happen other places. Either we're both crazy or neither of us is.

I'm a scientist with many years of schooling and training and I can't explain a number of things that have happened to me. I would love to explain them but so far I can't. So I offer no explanation for this. Here's one of many examples. When I was in my early 20's I had broken up with a cheating & lying boyfriend. It had been awhile since the breakup. He wanted to talk. Fine. To talk we went for a drive in my little gray pickup truck. I was driving and I turned off of PCH near Malibu onto Mulholand Drive. It was just about dusk. I had not driven that part of Mulholand Drive before but I knew it went all the way through to more populated areas. I had not driven far when we approached a huge tree overhanging the road. The tree (and I don't know why I knew it was the tree, but I knew- the voice was inside my head and out loud at the same time, and our windows were up but it was not muffled) said to me "Stop, turn around." I heard it. Ex bf heard it and we looked at each other and at the tree (although within five minutes he denied it without prompting.) I drove just a little further and again "Stop. Turn around." Who am I to argue with a tree? I made a U-turn and went back to PCH and we finished our drive. A few days later I read in the newspaper about a body being found just beyond where I had driven. The description of the woman, age, height, hair color, etc, and the description of the vehicle fit me and my vehicle.

Confession: Very few people know these stories but I thought I'd share(NO JUDGEMENT and all)

Once, I had been running myself ragged between work and college, as I am known to do and I went without sleep for about 50 hours. I'd been struggling with the idea of moving to Texas all alone and dropping out of college for a couple weeks. I was on my way home from a 5 AM meeting and super tired.
    I get back to the house at about 7 (it's winter and the sun isn't quite up yet) and walk past the dining room table and my grandmother is sitting there smoking a cigarette and she said, "You shouldn't work so hard. It seems rough now and you will make difficult choices, but you are doing SO well and I love you very much." I told her I loved her too, I went to my room and fell asleep, no big deal.

Except, at the time this happened, my grandmother had been dead for over 8 years.

I figured it was just a hallucination caused by lack of sleep until she showed up 2 years later when I was visiting for Christmas(midnight snacks ya'll!) at the same table, and she told me to look out for my sister(we weren't speaking at the time). I called her up and we met for coffee and my sister was acting strange. I weaseled out of her that the guy she met on OKCupid was abusing her. Needless to say, I put a stop to his manipulative B.S. REAL quick with the help of my brother and my mom.

Strange things happen all the time, but these experiences helped me and I've learned on some intuitive level to just listen and not question it so much.

ETA: Grandmother Willow(Disney's Pocahontas) was totally looking out for ya!

This, too. I love that your grandmother is still watching out for your family. :)
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    My husband didn't like it very much, because he said peanut butter in pie is weird and he isn't used to the idea or the taste. ;) I hope his family likes it, though!

Your husband is crazy! That looks delicious!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 That pie looks delicious. Also, no such thing as 'too much whipped cream'.

Mr Tubbs and I just returned from a spontaneously spontaneous night away without kids! It was lovely - I posted some pics in the Batcave.

Fun! I'll check out the pics in a few minutes!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My husband didn't like it very much, because he said peanut butter in pie is weird and he isn't used to the idea or the taste. ;) I hope his family likes it, though!

Yeah, he is! And yes, it does!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    @ShibaEars , so glad she's doing better!
    @Susieq_1994, I need that pie!!

I am also in the "if I wear white I will DEFINITELY spill tomato sauce, hot sauce, or ketchup on it" club...

Me too! Also, grubby little hands and a 7 year old that likes to roll in the dirt at Summer Camp. I don't know how people wear white pants!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm pretty sure I've eaten my weight in watermelon over the last few days.

I bought a personal watermelon at the store last night. I asked Mr. Mo since it is called a personal watermelon, does that means it's enough for one person. He said he thought so. I said, "Challenge accepted!"

• MoHousdon
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    kyrah702 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm in constant pain lately and due to a knee injury, can't exercise(Most things are too much impact and I'm in screaming pain for weeks afterwards). It's been over a year since the injury happened and I had started walking again without my cane but now I'm back to almost needing it again.

SO. Today, after I saw some of the suggestions to go swimming(I like being in water but I hate the upkeep of shaving etc to get to the pool) I decided to look for a full body swimsuit because I'm uncomfortable in regular 1 or 2 piece suits. I found one on my lunch today and bought it, along with a swim cap so that I can finally feel confident enough to go and do something for myself that hopefully won't end in pain! I'm really excited and I know I'll get weird looks at the pool but I don't care.

Also got a referral for physio so hopefully the combination will help!

That's great! Enjoy your water time.

+1 and I also agree about the shaving part. That's mostly why I wear pants all year round. :blush:

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

Yeah, he is! And yes, it does!

Thanks, both of you. ;) I have to admit that I've been freaking out all day today worrying that his family won't like it and maybe I shouldn't make it, but then there are all those ingredients I bought and what should I do with them... And maybe I should make chocolate pies instead but I was so excited about my peanut butter pie and and... on and on.

My head is a fun place to be sometimes. :(
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I'm somehow 4 days behind on this thread!

Confession: Every so often I like to do a sweetcorn test. It's a way of seeing how long food takes to pass through your gut. I'll spare you the details.

It used to take 24-48 hours. I was efficient. This last one took 6 days! No wonder I feel sluggish!

I have been having a similar issue this past week...without a test. I am sure this is partly why my weight is up and why my tummy has been off. And I am not pregnant! I might have to try those Haribo candies or whatever everyone talks about! ;)

Good plan but I'm not sure those Haribos are pregnancy-sanctioned. I think I'll just accept my fate for a while. At least I can pretend my bloat is actually baby (it really isn't, after this weekend it's mostly barbecue meat and ice-cream!).

Sorry if I missed it, but how did the reveal go?

It's my mother's birthday in August but she will be away the entire month visiting her sisters in France. So I said, here's an early birthday present for you, open it now. It was a teeny tiny pair of baby socks with frogs on them (my mum collects frogs - it's a longstanding joke about her being French). She looked confused, then the penny eventually dropped. I said, they're a bit small for you, but they'll fit someone you know soon. She was thrilled.

My dad's first reaction was 'OH NO!' but not because he was in any way upset over becoming a grandad (he's also thrilled). It was because he realised now he has to put up with my mum's baby-obsessed craziness for the next few months and I bet it'll get WORSE once the kid is born. Poor Papa, I do feel sorry for him!

Then we went out and I had a cheeseburger, fries and ice-cream, because you only reveal to your parents they're becoming grandparents for the first time ONCE.

Good weekend!

Super cute! What a great idea with the small socks. I'm glad it went well and you got to get some yummy food afterwards.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Had a crummy day at work today so I went and spent a whack of money on some new clothes after work. Thanks to the coworker who annoyed me I now have some new outfits.

Maybe you should have properly thanked them. New clothes are good for the soul. I think that's a book title. If not, it should be with pictures and pictures of clothes people bought while doing retail therapy. I'd buy that book...then probably go out and buy new clothes. :#

• FroggyBug
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Well this weekend was a blast! Friday evening the mancreature and I went shopping for birthday stuff for him, he has a new summer wardrobe now and I bought a new pair of running shorts (longer shorts that are compression with a shorter looser shorts over top because chub rub sucks!).
    Saturday was a annual volleyball tournament which started at 9am and ended at 4pm. I suck at Volleyball but man was it a blast to just play! We went to a house party afterwards as well which was fun, I had a beer beers but nothing crazy. I made it through the day without being burnt!
    Sunday was a lazy day, netflix and gaming for me.

This Thursday we are heading camping up north (zero signal!) for 5 days, I don't want to work because I'm excited haha. I already have my list sorted out (we're shopping today), I've got healthy foods listed as well as some junk. I think while we are gone I am going to try and get in tune with my body and do intuitive eating, we shall see how that goes.

Sounds like you had a fun weekend.

Of course when you go camping you at least have to make some S'mores.
    Oh yes those are on the list! I also got bananas and dark chocolate chips so I can make banana canoes!

Yesterday's shopping was super productive and I found out who will be on our camp site (two bro's who I absolutely adore, huge into fitness and giant nerds), I'm sooo stoked!

Tonight I'm seeing a friend for dinner and then hitting a concert (Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes, it's my second time seeing them. WEEEEEE) :DB) ...... I need a dance Icon dammit!

It's probably been asked but I'm catching up. What are banana canoes? I'm glad you are excited about camping and the concert. It sounds great.

When we did S'mores on my birthday, we got regular graham crackers and chocolate ones. We also got York peppermint patties, regular Hershey bars, caramel squares and Reeses peanut butter cups so people could pick what they wanted to use. It was fun and yummy. :) I really liked the caramel one on chocolate crackers best.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    It makes me feel bad when I'm trying to eat healthy and people are eating fried, greasy, salty, sugary, etc. foods right in front of me. I know it shouldn't effect me so much, but it does :disappointed:

Just think of how it's affecting them. Expanding waistlines, clogged arteries, skin blemishes! Meanwhile, the healthy food you ate is high-fiving every component in your body. :)

I love that description! Too bad you didn't tell me that before I ordered the fried pickles and nachos last night and made myself feel like ick all day today...

LOL thanks. It's all I had! Funny cuz I was just eyeballing the fried pickles in the frozen section the other day and realized I had that brand before and found them to have waay too much breading on them.

That is a real thing? (Wrapping my mind around it.)

Yes and they are delicious if done correctly.

Fried pickles and ranch...yum...

I love anything fried with ranch. I had a sad realization while in Siesta Key. Most of the restaurants DON'T SERVE RANCH, only that blue cheese nastiness. I was VERY disappointed.

I like ranch dressing too. I'd probably be one of those weird people who carries a ranch bottle if all the restaurants I went to didn't have any ranch available. I don't like blue cheese either.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and was disappointed to see I'm up 6 pounds. Some of it could be water weight from the weekend and TOM, but I struggle every summer. It's so easy to BBQ burgers & hotdogs, crack open a cooler and veg out. Especially when it's hot. I need to figure out how to break this yearly cycle.

Same here. It's always summer bbq time and holidays that get me every year. The rest of the year I'm fine. I'm not looking forward to the holidays because I always seem to stop caring for a couple months. I don't want to have to go back to where I was and then catch up again. :(

I hope you can figure it out.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I have been sleeping terribly for the past two nights. Getting out of bed thinking that I have to do something or save someone (the yoga woman from Orange is the New Black for some reason), sitting up straight staring at the wall while still half dreaming, moving around and waking up every thirty minutes. I feel so tired. To top it off, my feet and legs are acting up (I have restless leg syndrome like almost every woman on my mom's side...). It's not too bad right now, but it's enough to make it difficult for me to fall back asleep. Hoping I can get a nap in today.

May I join you in the freaky dreamers' club?

Last night I dreamt that people kept falling off the edges of things and just landing head first below. I kept warning them this was likely to happen if they went up there, but they ignored me. Horrific! It does show I'm a know-all, even in my dreams.

I had a horrible dream last night too!! I dreamnt that my gums were coming loose from my teeth and peeling and I could pull on some gums and they'd break away from my teeth and leave these huge gaping holes. I have no idea why and it was awful!

Do any of you dream about work? When I first started to cashier I used to dream almost every night that I would be ringing people out & then say, "sorry, my line's closed." Ugh! I said it was a recurring nightmare since I couldn't get away from work.

I would say my scariest was the time I dreamt that Adolph Hitler was alive & was coming to kill me. I even woke up in a pile of sweat & had to think to myself if he was dead or alive.

I used to have bartender dreams all the time. Same thing - I'd just be working like normal except it never slowed down and I kept running out of stuff, and it would go on all night even if I woke up and went back to sleep. They didn't stop for about a year after I got an office job and still occasionally return when I'm very stressed. But it was not awesome to get home in the early morning, dream I was working all night, get up, go to a couple classes and straight back to work, over and over for weeks. No wonder I was such a mess in my last couple years of undergrad...

I'm one of those that believes dreams are just the way your brain files information away when you're asleep, but I do think a lot of dreams with common motifs are obviously the brain's way of doing that - like I've read that losing your teeth in dreams can be due to change-related stress (which totally makes sense to me) and falling dreams might be due to feeling out-of-control in the day time (also logical to me.)

I had bartender dreams too and still do randomly. Mine usually consist of being really busy and it's 2:00 AM and the managers won't stop letting people in. Then they tell me that the law changed and we can now serve after 2.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I have stress dreams that wake me up with my heart hammering. I have really bad vertigo and I'll have dreams where I need to cross a gap between two skyscrapers on a ladder, and I'll be holding a baby (never mine - I don't know why that would be..?) Sometimes I'll try to put the baby in a backpack so I can get across the gap, but things will always drop out and fall. Even typing this makes me feel panicky.

When my children were little I had dreams that centred around being late to pick them up from daycare. I would lose my car in gigantic multi-story parking lots, get stuck in terrible traffic, or just forget to get them. That kind of dream went away when they were older. Brains are so strange.
  • kellienw335
    Options

Briefly:

I already had goosebumps because it's freezing but now I have goosebumps on my goosebumps.