Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Oh and new profile pic. SKINNY ARMS ROB LOWE!!! He's my fav out of those commercials.

I was going to ask about that! Now I see it. I couldn't tell what it was at first.

Looks like I'm not having any mayonnaise cuz the struggle is real! lol

Although in haste I did mistake his name. It's actually SCRAWNY ARMS ROB LOWE. (I know, same difference) hahaha

Oh yeah, you know how UN-PC is it use words like "skinny" and "fat"! On a related note, is my guacamole promoting obesity? I opened the lid and inside it says, "I'm chunky and proud of it!".

I only hear one thing from guac.... EAT ALL OF ME IN ONE SITTING. <3 I love guac soooo much. I can (but don't) eat it by the spoonful.

That is one of the few things I have to watch my portions on! Stir in some salsa and top it with sour cream and shredded cheese - yum!

Me too. To the point of buying only the 100 cal single serving cups of Wholly Guacamole. Otherwise I'll eat the container.

I did slice up a whole avocado last weekend and ate it for lunch. lol

I do the 100 cal wholly guacamole, too. It's nice that you can freeze them.

I've come to love avocado on sandwiches and hamburgers. But no one else in my family will touch them.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I confess, I feel a poop coming on.

You're still slacking in the confessions department, Pancake.

I'm a very pure, innocent soul. Not much to confess. :)

That's not what you said a few pages ago! Spill it! And I don't mean what you just said in your previous post. That we don't need to hear about. Since you're still with us on this thread you might as well contribute something good!

Poop isn't good enough for you people? That usually knocks 'em dead most places. Tough crowd. Hmmm. Confessions, confessions, let me think...

I confess that my dad's a recovering alcoholic who got rid of all the pets I loved and my childhood home when I was younger because he needed to move to Florida to try and keep my mom from divorcing him. When he was down in Florida, I witnessed my dad have an alcoholic seizure in front of my girlfriend who was meeting my parents for the first time. That was quite a few years ago, so he is doing better now. Even though I love my dad, we don't talk very much because he lives with my mom in NC now. That makes me a little sad, and I probably still harbor anger and resentment towards him.

Good enough?

Yes, that definitely qualifies as a confession. Growing up with an alcoholic parent is hard. My dad's dad was an alcoholic. Affected him and his brothers negatively in many ways.

Is he in a recovery program or does he just drink less? Sounds like your parents are still together. Is that a good thing or bad? Sorry about the loss of the pets. I don't tell many people this but about 2 years into my first marriage I had to move out of my house, find a place to live, and re-home 4 cats in less than 2 weeks. With a 2 yr. old. I wasn't as successful as I'd have liked to have been as far as the re-homing so I've never allowed myself to have pets ever again. :(

As far as I know, he just doesn't drink at all. That is one thing that my dad and I have in common. If we really want something, we make sure that we get it. No matter what the cost. So I do believe he is a person that just stopped. My parents being together is a very good thing. My mother's a sweetheart. That sucks about your pets. I have a couple cats and a dog now.

So, I want to know...is that really your chest? :)

I confess, that is really my chest. Taken with an iPad in my bathroom, right after a workout, flexing to exaggerate things a bit. I then used the black and white option on the iPad photo editor.

I also confess, I edited this for grammar.

Impressive. There was a guy in another thread (which I have no time anymore to check any other thread as this takes all my free time) who claimed some pic was of him, and it was some British actor. He totally got busted. He kept insisting it was himself until someone found the exact same picture on the internet and posted it. He finally confessed.

I was wondering if you were 'enhancing'. :)

No problem. It's a compliment. I guess I must be doing something right. Perhaps I've become a little too vain though. I know the exact spot in my house to make my pictures look the best. It's in the bathroom with the lights off, but the lights on in the hallway. For some reason the shadows make me look better than normal. There's a couple in my profile of me in the gym as well. I was by myself. No way I'd take my shirt off when someone else was in there. I really am a bit more shy in real life.

Well I know what I'm trying tonight.

Lol.

I have one of those spots too. Mine is in the bedroom, diffuse natural light from the side and only one bulb in a two-bulb overhead fixture (confession: it's been like that for WAY too long!). I've actually taken a shoulder pic that I keep meaning to post in this thread to promote BZAH10's workout :) because the arm looks a gazillion times more defined than it does in any other lighting.

I'd love to see it! I've attempted to take some more pictures of myself, but I'm terrible at it. I think I dislike the word "selfie" so much that I am unable to take a successful one.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I am really upset this morning because my degu is dying, I am sure of it now.....he has almost completely stopped eating and now his fur is falling out.....I was up at 4am hand feeding him corn flakes but have to leave for work now and am terrified he is going to die by himself in his cage while I am not home....I can't stop crying......its gonna be a long day, or few days, every time I have to leave the house.....

That's just heartbreaking. I'm so sorry. Losing a pet, no matter how or when, is always so hard.

I have an indoor/outdoor (mostly outdoor) cat that I haven't seen in almost 2 weeks. We live in kind of a wooded area so I think an animal got him. I was thinking something happened last week when I didn't see him, but now that almost a whole week has passed and I still haven't seen him, I'm pretty sure he's gone for good. He was my boy and I'm sad I'll probably never get to hold him again. :'(:'(:'(

So far my little guy is hanging on, but still not really eating anything but hand fed corn flakes.....

Sorry about your kitty!! That is so hard!

Glad your little guy is hanging in there. Maybe he just needs to serious TLC that only hand fed corn flakes can provide.

I was really struggling with Owen being gone yesterday. Every time I'd think about him, I'd bread down in tears. I hope he makes his way back home. That's him in my profile picture.

Aww... I am so sorry about your cat. That is why all my cats are 100% indoor, I am so paranoid. I am currently courting a feral all black cat on my porch that I have been feeding for about a year now...trying to get him inside eventually. Not that I need 4.

And speaking of 4... I have a fifth cat that I started feeding on my porch every day too... black and white. Totally friendly. I finally took him to the vet on Monday and he is microchipped! So we are tracking his owners, which I am sure they dumped him, so far we traced him to a shelter in TN, then he was adopted and taken to DE, then surrendered to a shelter near my home, so now we are trying to find out if the shelter readopted him out or if he somehow got free.

I had to let him loose again (wasn't spending hundreds on a cat that I had to hand over to someone else) and I can't have him in my home until he is tested for feline AIDS And leukemia. So still feeding him on the porch. I am worried something will happen before the vet agrees I can keep him and will treat him. So I may soon have 4 in house, and one on the porch. Then eventually maybe I'll get Porch Kitty into my condo. Then it will be 5. I basically have a Kitty Condo. I swore I would never have more than 3. I am becoming a crazy cat lady.

This sounds like my family! We have five cats...four were previously strays that we fed off of our porch. They warm up to us over time, we take them in and quarantine them in our basement away from our other cats until they get to the vet to be tested and checked for microchips. It always seems to work out...all the cats end up getting along great, and adjust to indoor-only life just fine!

yep, I had set up the spare bedroom for him on Monday, but didn't bring him in when I didn't get him tested after we found the microchip. The vet thought it was too risky. I may now though, he keeps begging me to come in (standing at my sliding glass door and crying, running out to meet me when I get home, etc.)

I would not be able to resist this....I would have ten thousand cats if they each did this, lol.

Yep hence the about to be 4.

So update on black and white kitty. Vet confirmed the trail is dead so I can bring him in and claim him. I have a 4 pm appt today. His last known owner surrendered him because they moved to Israel so I am hoping the spraying is not an issue. So unless he has a contagious disease he is about to be cat #4. I am going to decide on a name today. I am feeling guilty about my other 3 cats. I think they already think they don't get enough attention. Oh well. I'll just have to make sure I give each of them some time each day. The 3 I have figured it out and we settled into a routine. Hopefully this will work out.

That makes me happy. Is he a tuxedo kitty? That's what my Owen is and he was so handsome. Is handsome. Do you have name-names for your kitties or cat names for them? What I mean is, I don't give my pets animal names, I give them people names. Our dogs are Lucy and Otis, the guinea pigs were Ozzy and Jackson (my daughter was a HUGE Hannah Montana fan at the time), there's Owen, and I had a rabbit named Jessica. I think people names are more endearing for pets than animal names, IMHO.

Aw, I love your pet names. I used to have two cats who were sisters, and their names were Lucy and Diamond. That was back when I was in college. My calico is called Pan. I tell people it's short for Pancake so I don't have to explain, and that is her nickname, but really she is named after Pantalaimon from His Dark Materials - because I got her when I was reading those books for the first time and I was in love with the concept of Daemons. I was 25 btw.

My kids named my orange and white cat. His name is Dragon. They had recently watched The Secret of NIMH. I guess we just really like bookish names!
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    I just saw my 4 year old slip a small cup into the cat's water dish and then drink it. It was so quick I didn't even have time to say something before it was over. Now I'm wondering how long he's been doing that. I just thought my cats were really thirsty, or that the heat was evaporating their water. Hmmm

Hahaha, that made me laugh out loud! Reminds me of the time we thought our cat was stealing treats out of the dog's container, only to find out that my little cousin had decided they tasted good! (they were tiny chewy apple flavored treats)

I went upstairs for a few minutes one morning and left my 3 year old downstairs while quietly playing with his toys. I yelled down a few times to make sure he was ok. Anyway, a few minutes later when I came back down, he immediately said, "I didn't just drink out of the cat's waterbowl". Suspicious? No, not at all...

LMAO. For real.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Oh and new profile pic. SKINNY ARMS ROB LOWE!!! He's my fav out of those commercials.

I was going to ask about that! Now I see it. I couldn't tell what it was at first.

Although in haste I did mistake his name. It's actually SCRAWNY ARMS ROB LOWE. (I know, same difference) hahaha

Oh yeah, you know how UN-PC is it use words like "skinny" and "fat"! On a related note, is my guacamole promoting obesity? I opened the lid and inside it says, "I'm chunky and proud of it!".

I only hear one thing from guac.... EAT ALL OF ME IN ONE SITTING. <3 I love guac soooo much. I can (but don't) eat it by the spoonful.

That is one of the few things I have to watch my portions on! Stir in some salsa and top it with sour cream and shredded cheese - yum!

I have a guacamole variation pretty much every day and I had a 5lb whoosh this week, you should be safe ;)

Confession: I'm sad that my son decided he likes feta after all, because now I can't steal it off his gyro.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I just saw my 4 year old slip a small cup into the cat's water dish and then drink it. It was so quick I didn't even have time to say something before it was over. Now I'm wondering how long he's been doing that. I just thought my cats were really thirsty, or that the heat was evaporating their water. Hmmm

Since he hasn't gotten sick from it perhaps it's actually helping him build an immune system! One time when my youngest son was about 2 yrs. old I walked into the living room and saw him dunking his toothbrush into the fish tank and brushing his teeth. He survived, thankfully.
    I once found my son - aged about 9 months - chewing on the toilet brush. I needed therapy after that!

I confess that made me cringe
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

Me too. To the point of buying only the 100 cal single serving cups of Wholly Guacamole. Otherwise I'll eat the container.

I did slice up a whole avocado last weekend and ate it for lunch. lol

One avocado = one serving. I could live on them. Yumm. I eat entire avocados several times a week.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I have an adopted feral cat we named Fritzmeyer. But if he likes you, you have to call him Toontz.

I once had an orange cat that had the most personality I've ever seen in a cat. His name was Fitzgerald. I do miss him.
  • mamasitaroja
    mamasitaroja Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I woke up last night eating almost half a jar of peanut butter with chocolate chips. (I have a problem with night-bingeing in my sleep.) I won't be logging that experience today.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

I have a guacamole variation pretty much every day and I had a 5lb whoosh this week, you should be safe ;)

Confession: I'm sad that my son decided he likes feta after all, because now I can't steal it off his gyro.

Confession: I recently lost 5 lbs. that I didn't really have to lose due to some ongoing stress and me only having cocktails as my dinner. (I eat my main meal at lunch so that I have energy for the gym.) I bought the guacamole on purpose to try to give me some extra calories.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Okay, so I'm finally caught up. I missed one afternoon and there were over 300 posts!

I am super annoyed by a coworker who works at a desk near mine. She keeps walking by my desk, although she doesn't have to. There is another way out that seems easier to me. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it seems like she just walks by to see what I'm doing (or not doing, since I'm on MFP :blush: ). Sometimes she'll come by and just lean on the filing cabinet behind me, like she's waiting for me to initiate a conversation, although I have no desire to. I kind of have to ignore her until she returns to her own desk. The other reason I hate that she comes by - and I feel bad saying this - is that she's very overweight and the floor shakes when she goes by (we're in this weird second floor addition, my corner kind of "hangs" over a warehouse). If I'm writing, I have to stop until she passes by, and earlier today something fell off a shelf above my desk. I know it's not her fault that the building design isn't great, but having her pass by multiple times an hour is really annoying.

ETA: She's walked by 3 times in the 5 minutes since I posted this :angry:
    Okay, so I'm finally caught up. I missed one afternoon and there were over 300 posts!

I am super annoyed by a coworker who works at a desk near mine. She keeps walking by my desk, although she doesn't have to. There is another way out that seems easier to me. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it seems like she just walks by to see what I'm doing (or not doing, since I'm on MFP :blush: ). Sometimes she'll come by and just lean on the filing cabinet behind me, like she's waiting for me to initiate a conversation, although I have no desire to. I kind of have to ignore her until she returns to her own desk. The other reason I hate that she comes by - and I feel bad saying this - is that she's very overweight and the floor shakes when she goes by (we're in this weird second floor addition, my corner kind of "hangs" over a warehouse). If I'm writing, I have to stop until she passes by, and earlier today something fell off a shelf above my desk. I know it's not her fault that the building design isn't great, but having her pass by multiple times an hour is really annoying.

ETA: She's walked by 3 times in the 5 minutes since I posted this :angry:

She might just like you and want to be friends. That's why she's hanging round hoping you might start a conversation, because she is shy to.

Nah, we've worked together for about 10 years. Our office is small (this area only has 5 people in it) so we do chat regularly. I think it's just when she is bored that she hangs around and wants to talk - which I get, but I wish she'd be able to see that I'm working on something and don't want to/can't talk at those particular moments.

That something being MFP? LOL

Sometimes, yes :wink:

I confess that I do, occasionally, do some actual work
  • clover157
    clover157 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My 10 month old is obsessed with cat biscuits. They're only out for 20 minutes twice a day and he manages to eat some most days, even though we try and keep him away. Sometimes I won't even hear him, he'll just come give me kisses and his breath smells like cat food! He loves the water bowl also, dips his hand in there and sucks it, or his toys. Kids are gross and hilarious :smiley:

Our girl who recently passed was called Abigail, she was very beautiful. Our boy is called the Ginger Ninja, which is funny as he's really fat and ungraceful lol. The most un-feline cat I've ever known.

• ShibaEars
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I am still back on page 642. I have had entirely too much work the past couple of days to get caught up. I am off work tomorrow and have a ton going on, then we are off to a family reunion long weekend at my families ranch and I will not have phone or internet service on the ranch so unless I drive to town while there I may lose my login stretch, this pains me! I might just have to go for a drive everyday. I am not sure how I will ever catch up with this thread with that much time away though. I have to read each and every post so I won't miss anything! I am addicted to this thread! I may need to seek professional help for this :o

I, too am addicted to this thread. I tell myself everyday I won't go on here, but then I do. I spend countless work hours checking it and replying to it. I feel you people (what do you mean, YOU people?!) have helped me more than you'll ever know. I have found some friends on here that I feel like I know IRL and I cherish our friendship. Even if it is strictly online only.

I consider this free therapy and I feel free saying things here that I can't anywhere else. If I could hug each and everyone of you, I would. Even those of you that aren't into that sort of thing. :smiley:

I keep finding myself entering my food, and then clicking right on "community" to come here.

I find myself opening MFP to enter food, clicking here first, then forgetting to enter the food and have to come back to do it.

I do that, too. LOL

Yep, so you log back in, log your food and suddenly find yourself sucked back into the forums.
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Lionel is a super adorable fluff ball!

Such a sweetie boy!

Aww he is a little cutie! Proud cat mama over here :p
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    I named my cat Lionel after Lionel Richie :)

He was so cute when he was a little kitty! -
    d7ra044lxvqo.jpg

Now he's a big beast!
    mjna7lyr482y.jpg

Oh gosh, he is adorable. Im a sucker for animals with those huge eyes.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I have an adopted feral cat we named Fritzmeyer. But if he likes you, you have to call him Toontz.

LOL
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I named my cat Lionel after Lionel Richie :)

He was so cute when he was a little kitty! -
    d7ra044lxvqo.jpg

Now he's a big beast!
    mjna7lyr482y.jpg

awww! :heart:
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I've just booked a holiday to New York and I'm so excited to try all of the American foods and restaurants people post here that we don't get in the UK. I've been to Florida 3 times when I was in my teens but mostly we just lived off Denny's and Subway. This time I'm gonna take full advantage of the yummy foods. I need recommendations!

For example I've never had Key lime pie and everyone raves on about it! I'm dying to try it. Now obviously I know you can get that here but I'm holding out as I imagine it's so much better in the USA!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I am really upset this morning because my degu is dying, I am sure of it now.....he has almost completely stopped eating and now his fur is falling out.....I was up at 4am hand feeding him corn flakes but have to leave for work now and am terrified he is going to die by himself in his cage while I am not home....I can't stop crying......its gonna be a long day, or few days, every time I have to leave the house.....

That's just heartbreaking. I'm so sorry. Losing a pet, no matter how or when, is always so hard.

I have an indoor/outdoor (mostly outdoor) cat that I haven't seen in almost 2 weeks. We live in kind of a wooded area so I think an animal got him. I was thinking something happened last week when I didn't see him, but now that almost a whole week has passed and I still haven't seen him, I'm pretty sure he's gone for good. He was my boy and I'm sad I'll probably never get to hold him again. :'(:'(:'(

So far my little guy is hanging on, but still not really eating anything but hand fed corn flakes.....

Glad your little guy is hanging in there. Maybe he just needs to serious TLC that only hand fed corn flakes can provide.

I was really struggling with Owen being gone yesterday. Every time I'd think about him, I'd bread down in tears. I hope he makes his way back home. That's him in my profile picture.

Aww... I am so sorry about your cat. That is why all my cats are 100% indoor, I am so paranoid. I am currently courting a feral all black cat on my porch that I have been feeding for about a year now...trying to get him inside eventually. Not that I need 4.

And speaking of 4... I have a fifth cat that I started feeding on my porch every day too... black and white. Totally friendly. I finally took him to the vet on Monday and he is microchipped! So we are tracking his owners, which I am sure they dumped him, so far we traced him to a shelter in TN, then he was adopted and taken to DE, then surrendered to a shelter near my home, so now we are trying to find out if the shelter readopted him out or if he somehow got free.

I had to let him loose again (wasn't spending hundreds on a cat that I had to hand over to someone else) and I can't have him in my home until he is tested for feline AIDS And leukemia. So still feeding him on the porch. I am worried something will happen before the vet agrees I can keep him and will treat him. So I may soon have 4 in house, and one on the porch. Then eventually maybe I'll get Porch Kitty into my condo. Then it will be 5. I basically have a Kitty Condo. I swore I would never have more than 3. I am becoming a crazy cat lady.

This sounds like my family! We have five cats...four were previously strays that we fed off of our porch. They warm up to us over time, we take them in and quarantine them in our basement away from our other cats until they get to the vet to be tested and checked for microchips. It always seems to work out...all the cats end up getting along great, and adjust to indoor-only life just fine!

yep, I had set up the spare bedroom for him on Monday, but didn't bring him in when I didn't get him tested after we found the microchip. The vet thought it was too risky. I may now though, he keeps begging me to come in (standing at my sliding glass door and crying, running out to meet me when I get home, etc.)

I would not be able to resist this....I would have ten thousand cats if they each did this, lol.

So update on black and white kitty. Vet confirmed the trail is dead so I can bring him in and claim him. I have a 4 pm appt today. His last known owner surrendered him because they moved to Israel so I am hoping the spraying is not an issue. So unless he has a contagious disease he is about to be cat #4. I am going to decide on a name today. I am feeling guilty about my other 3 cats. I think they already think they don't get enough attention. Oh well. I'll just have to make sure I give each of them some time each day. The 3 I have figured it out and we settled into a routine. Hopefully this will work out.

That makes me happy. Is he a tuxedo kitty? That's what my Owen is and he was so handsome. Is handsome. Do you have name-names for your kitties or cat names for them? What I mean is, I don't give my pets animal names, I give them people names. Our dogs are Lucy and Otis, the guinea pigs were Ozzy and Jackson (my daughter was a HUGE Hannah Montana fan at the time), there's Owen, and I had a rabbit named Jessica. I think people names are more endearing for pets than animal names, IMHO.

Aw, I love your pet names. I used to have two cats who were sisters, and their names were Lucy and Diamond. That was back when I was in college. My calico is called Pan. I tell people it's short for Pancake so I don't have to explain, and that is her nickname, but really she is named after Pantalaimon from His Dark Materials - because I got her when I was reading those books for the first time and I was in love with the concept of Daemons. I was 25 btw.
    My kids named my orange and white cat. His name is Dragon. They had recently watched The Secret of NIMH. I guess we just really like bookish names!

I was around that age when I finally read those books, I love the Daemons too!
  • berlynnwall
    Options

I was around that age when I finally read those books, I love the Daemons too!

That series is still one of my favorites. I finally have a kid old enough to read them and understand everything that is going on. That really is my fav part of parenting - sharing my favorite books with the kids and then talking about them.