Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Last night my boyfriend commented on needing new deodorant, and I was surprised because I just bought him some last month. I told him so and he said ''Well... yeah, I need new deodorant every month.'' I told him that I buy deodorant maybe two or three times a year and we had to go look this up on the internet. People were saying their deodorant lasts anywhere from 1-6 months.

HOW LONG DOES YOURS LAST? I swear I can take 6 months to go through deodorant. I think I only buy it twice a year. A month seems outrageous to me. I'm not a very sweaty person, but my deodorant lasts me even after most workouts.

This probably counts as a confession, but I don't use deodorant. Or haven't for the past 3 or 4 years, since I got a nasty flare-up of eczema in my pits, had to use cortisone cream, then it stopped working... that was AWFUL. Needless to say, there was no shaving of cracked, bleeding pits for several months... this was in summer... stuck in jackets for public occasions.

I've been petrified to use deodorant since then. Honestly, the lack of it doesn't make much difference. I'm not very sweaty... at least not armpits. My head and my torso can get pretty soggy at times.

As I recall, a stick of solid used to last me about 6 months.

Similar confession - I make my own out of coconut oil, baking soda and cornstarch. It's not an antiperspirant, but works great as a deodorant. I read something about a correlation between the aluminum used in commercial deodorants and dementia which freaked me out and I made the hippie switch. Correlation is not causation, but losing my mind is my biggest fear.

Possession is mine. There is a reason almost every religion has some form of exorcism.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    More upbeat songs with unhappy meanings:

Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men
    I don't know anyone who doesn't love this song. It's beautiful and catchy and it's about an old couple in love. Except it becomes heartbreaking once you realize that the husband has died and his wife is probably hallucinating his presence.
    https://youtu.be/ghb6eDopW8I

I Don't Like Mondays by The Boomtown Rats

https://youtu.be/8yteMugRAc0

The song is positively symphonic and melodic, beautiful in places. It is based on a real incident:

(The lyrics are based on the story of) 16-year-old Brenda Ann Spencer, who fired at children playing in a school playground at Grover Cleveland Elementary School in San Diego, California on 29 January 1979, killing two adults and injuring eight children and one police officer. Spencer showed no remorse for her crime and her full explanation for her actions was "I don't like Mondays. This livens up the day."

This only brings to light what we discussed in our staff meeting regarding active shooters. People kill people because they are bored.
  • MissElectricEyeliner
    MissElectricEyeliner Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Confessions and feelings:
    (I hope it's okay to post this here considering I have B.E.D)
    • I can eat a 2lbs thing of sour cream while eating chips and french onion dip, the chips being a family size bag
    • For a long time I binged on Sour Cream and Onion chips in the Wal-Mart parking lot, it was my thing I did in the evenings after class :o
    • I could easily eat a Edwards Oreo pie in one day, and have many times
    • If I eat hot dogs I eat at Ieast 3 minimum, 4 max
    • I can't comfortably date until my weight is down, but I won't say this unless asked
    • I feel like I'm constantly battling my B.E.D and I'm trying to give it one hell of a fight (It started from a very young age, I believe it's because I could never find comfort in people so I found it in food)
    • I get extremely agitated when I've been craving something for days, I even dream about food
    • Three years ago I lost about 40lbs and gained 81lbs back, making me feel worse than ever [I've lost 24lbs of it currently]
    • I have anxiety and can't stand to look people in the eye :(
    • I hate when I tell [said person] about how much weight I've lost and get replies such as "Good, if you don't you'll die" *** "You better or you're going to end up getting diabetes" *** "You will end up losing a leg if you don't, do you want that?"*** It's almost never a "I'm so happy for you, I'm proud of you keep going." :s
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    • I can eat a 2lbs thing of sour cream while eating chips and french onion dip, the chips being a family size bag
    • For a long time I binged on Sour Cream and Onion chips in the Wal-Mart parking lot, it was my thing I did in the evenings after class :o
    • I can't comfortably date until my weight is down, but I won't say this unless asked
    • I feel like I'm constantly battling my B.E.D and I'm trying to give it one hell of a fight (It started from a very young age, I believe it's because I could never find comfort in people so I found it in food)
    • I get extremely agitated when I've been craving something for days, I even dream about food
    • Three years ago I lost about 40lbs and gained 81lbs back, making me feel worse than ever [I've lost 24lbs of it currently]
    • I hate when I tell [said person] about how much weight I've lost and get replies such as "Good, if you don't you'll die" *** "You better or you're going to end up getting diabetes" *** "You will end up losing a leg if you don't, do you want that?"*** It's almost never a "I'm so happy for you, I'm proud of you keep going." :s

All confessions accepted. Totally legit.

EXCEPT that last one. You have EVERY RIGHT to hate hearing any person saying that crap to you. You should NOT have to put up with stuff like that from ANYONE other than a physician and if a physician tells it to you in a cold manner without any compassion then I would find a new one.

HOLY SMURF that makes me angry. What ever happened to the kind compassionate people in this world?! Are they all only in this thread? Is this all that we have left of the kind people in the world?!

:disappointed:

Welcome to the thread @MissElectricEyeliner! We are SUPER happy to have you here and to offer encouraging words and advice(when asked for and warranted).

Congratulations on a 24 pounds loss! :drinker: B.E.D. (Binge-eating disorder) IS a constant battle and struggle and every victory, even the ones that seem tiny, are huge and you have done a great job so far.

Your feelings are real and they are valid and we are here to help in any way that we can.
    Again, welcome to the thread!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Confession: At the staff meeting earlier, I made it through the whole meeting without eating a single doughnut.
    So after the meeting, I clocked out and rewarded myself with a doughnut.... :lol:
  • MissElectricEyeliner
    MissElectricEyeliner Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much. I don't believe some people understand that bad reinforcements makes things worse. It's not like us heavier people don't know the possibilities of what could happen to us. I don't need a constant reminder. :neutral:
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Speaking of bad endings... Dexter, anyone? The whole show was pretty bad (my boyfriend and I watched it pretty much just so we could laugh at it), in my opinion, but the ending was just HILARIOUS. I don't know what they were thinking.

EDIT: Breaking Bad was always amazing and ended amazing!
    EDIT 2: Seasons 1-4 (or 3?) of Dexter weren't nearly as bad as the last few seasons. I just hated the main character because he was dull and boring. Deb was my favorite.

Seasons 4 and 6 where my favorite, mostly because the killer he was tracking was so interesting.....the ending made me mad forever! FOREVER! I think that and LOST were completing for worst ending to a great show!

Was season 4 the one with John Lithgow? If so, that was my favorite! I almost died when Dexter found Rita!

Yes it was! I was very impressed with his ability to play that part seeing as he is mostly a comedic actor!

The progression of the Dexter/Rita relationship annoyed me.....

Same..but I have to admit, when he called her phone and then heard the ringing coming from inside the house and walked into the bathroom...I almost died!
    Which one was season 6? I've watched them all...just drawing a blank..

Edited because I'm tired and can't type but also, the keyboard keys have been sticking a lot! :(
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    I have a coworker who can be quite snotty and apparently gets offended by smells. And I get it to a point, I also hate strong perfumes and the like. But she complained to me the other day about how "rude" it is that someone made popcorn. Not liking a smell is one thing. Saying someone is rude because of a food seems a bit ridiculous to me.

I brought popcorn for a snack today :naughty:

Who hates the smell of popcorn??!!!

That's what I was wondering!
    I have a coworker who can be quite snotty and apparently gets offended by smells. And I get it to a point, I also hate strong perfumes and the like. But she complained to me the other day about how "rude" it is that someone made popcorn. Not liking a smell is one thing. Saying someone is rude because of a food seems a bit ridiculous to me.

She would hate my office, we have one of those theatre-style poppers that our social committee uses once every couple months for charity fundraisers and stuff. We pop with coconut oil and that movie-theatre seasoning and It. Smells. Incredible.

Oooh, I would love that.

It's the easiest way to get people to donate to anything, by giving them popcorn in exchange for it. The lure of popcorn is strong in this office (well, food generally, but in what office isn't it?)

Confession: I think popcorn smells way better than it tastes. Like, I'll have a handful now and then but I can't remember the last time I had a bag of it for myself or actually purchased any.

I love to eat popcorn too, but you're right, sometimes the smell is better. I wonder if they make a popcorn scented candle...

I LOVE popcorn. But I rarely eat it anymore. Every time I do my weight is up the next day, even though I don't put butter or salt on it.

I live off popcorn at work. Specifically, CVS house brand called Gold Emblem, I think. It's soooo good and low cal, for popcorn. No weighing issues here.

Popcorn for the win. I eat a big bowl every night!!

I love LOVE L-O-V-E popcorn! I can't handle that microwave stuff though, I make hot air popped with real salted butter. Or popcorn from the movie theatre, I said this early in the thread, but I have been known to go there, buy a bag of popcorn and then come home and eat it.....

I make the air popped too. I use either margarine or baking spray depending on how many calories I have left and then use one of the many many popcorn seasonings I own. Have also tried taco seasoning on it which is also yummy.

Now for a confession. Hope I don't get kicked out of the group but I could take or leave ice cream or cookies for that matter and.....I have never eaten one of those protein bars you guys are always raving about.

Runs away and hides

I've never had one of those protein bars or Quest bars either. I have had a Clif bar before..does that count?
    I do love my ice cream and cookies though. :smiley:

• kelly_c_77
    Options
    Ok, new Raelynn update!

I finally got a call back from Help Me Grow (program through United Way), and the lady was so helpful! She did suggest that I call our county mental health center to see if we could possibly get some kind of counseling for her, and she will also be looking for some occupational therapy offices for us that may not be so much of a financial burden until we can get Medicaid going. She's going to be emailing me that information sometime tomorrow so that hubby and I can see what would work best. She also told me about Family Connections which is some kind of network/program for special needs children and their families, so that if we needed some support or to see if we could connect with another family that has a child with the same disorders as Raelynn for support and help with everything. I've got to call about the counseling tomorrow, and I have to call the doctor and give an update as well, so tomorrow should *hopefully* be a productive day.

I feel for hubby though, this is all getting to him so much. He's so afraid that she's not going to be able to have a "normal" life, and that's the only thing he wants for her. It goes without saying that I want her to have as much of a "normal" life as possible, but it's so scary when there's so many unknowns and we don't know what will happen. I'm trying to stay positive and optimistic about things, but it's overwhelming at times.

I feel for you and your family so much. :( I truly hope that this will turn out to be a positive thing for you!
    Ok, new Raelynn update!

I finally got a call back from Help Me Grow (program through United Way), and the lady was so helpful! She did suggest that I call our county mental health center to see if we could possibly get some kind of counseling for her, and she will also be looking for some occupational therapy offices for us that may not be so much of a financial burden until we can get Medicaid going. She's going to be emailing me that information sometime tomorrow so that hubby and I can see what would work best. She also told me about Family Connections which is some kind of network/program for special needs children and their families, so that if we needed some support or to see if we could connect with another family that has a child with the same disorders as Raelynn for support and help with everything. I've got to call about the counseling tomorrow, and I have to call the doctor and give an update as well, so tomorrow should *hopefully* be a productive day.

I feel for hubby though, this is all getting to him so much. He's so afraid that she's not going to be able to have a "normal" life, and that's the only thing he wants for her. It goes without saying that I want her to have as much of a "normal" life as possible, but it's so scary when there's so many unknowns and we don't know what will happen. I'm trying to stay positive and optimistic about things, but it's overwhelming at times.

I feel for you and your family so much. :( I truly hope that this will turn out to be a positive thing for you!

I second this. Sending some hugs

Aww, thanks! ❤️❤️ It's just hard seeing him tear up when we talk about things. I know it's hard on him, and I try to stay strong for both of them.

You are SO strong! Be proud! Sending hugs and strength. You'll get through this! <3
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who has congratulated me on my loss so far. It still doesn't seem real to me but at least I know all the broccoli farts are worth something! :lol:
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

All confessions accepted. Totally legit.

EXCEPT that last one. You have EVERY RIGHT to hate hearing any person saying that crap to you. You should NOT have to put up with stuff like that from ANYONE other than a physician and if a physician tells it to you in a cold manner without any compassion then I would find a new one.

HOLY SMURF that makes me angry. What ever happened to the kind compassionate people in this world?! Are they all only in this thread? Is this all that we have left of the kind people in the world?!

:disappointed:

Welcome to the thread @MissElectricEyeliner! We are SUPER happy to have you here and to offer encouraging words and advice(when asked for and warranted).

Congratulations on a 24 pounds loss! :drinker: B.E.D. (Binge-eating disorder) IS a constant battle and struggle and every victory, even the ones that seem tiny, are huge and you have done a great job so far.

Your feelings are real and they are valid and we are here to help in any way that we can.
    Again, welcome to the thread!

This!

And also @lilaclovebird, good for you..glad you ate that donut (doughnut) ! :)
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »

She would hate my office, we have one of those theatre-style poppers that our social committee uses once every couple months for charity fundraisers and stuff. We pop with coconut oil and that movie-theatre seasoning and It. Smells. Incredible.

Oooh, I would love that.

It's the easiest way to get people to donate to anything, by giving them popcorn in exchange for it. The lure of popcorn is strong in this office (well, food generally, but in what office isn't it?)

Confession: I think popcorn smells way better than it tastes. Like, I'll have a handful now and then but I can't remember the last time I had a bag of it for myself or actually purchased any.

I love to eat popcorn too, but you're right, sometimes the smell is better. I wonder if they make a popcorn scented candle...

I LOVE popcorn. But I rarely eat it anymore. Every time I do my weight is up the next day, even though I don't put butter or salt on it.

I live off popcorn at work. Specifically, CVS house brand called Gold Emblem, I think. It's soooo good and low cal, for popcorn. No weighing issues here.

Popcorn for the win. I eat a big bowl every night!!

I love LOVE L-O-V-E popcorn! I can't handle that microwave stuff though, I make hot air popped with real salted butter. Or popcorn from the movie theatre, I said this early in the thread, but I have been known to go there, buy a bag of popcorn and then come home and eat it.....

I make the air popped too. I use either margarine or baking spray depending on how many calories I have left and then use one of the many many popcorn seasonings I own. Have also tried taco seasoning on it which is also yummy.

Now for a confession. Hope I don't get kicked out of the group but I could take or leave ice cream or cookies for that matter and.....I have never eaten one of those protein bars you guys are always raving about.

Runs away and hides

I've never had one of those protein bars or Quest bars either. I have had a Clif bar before..does that count?
    I do love my ice cream and cookies though. :smiley:

Six was the Doomsday killer.

I eat Cliff bars.....and I used to love this one kind of pure protein bar, but they stopped making it a while back.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who has congratulated me on my loss so far. It still doesn't seem real to me but at least I know all the broccoli farts are worth something! :lol:

It is real! You got this!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I confess I am very unimpressed that I am awake right now.....
  • BodyByBex
    Options

This!

And also @lilaclovebird, good for you..glad you ate that donut (doughnut) ! :)

It was CREAM FILLED :naughty: ....my fave. I think the BEST part was that it actually fit in my calories for the day.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I confess I am very unimpressed that I am awake right now.....

:unamused:

^^^^ I think this is the face you are making... it is : unamused : without the extra spaces.

Most 'normal' people sleep during this time. I am a night shifter so I am generally awake at all hours of the night. My diary has to be set up by times of the day versus 'breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack' and that works out great for me.

Is there any way you could squeeze in a nap later or something? I know with your OCD type tendencies going to bed earlier might not be a valid option, but if you can that might be worth a shot too.
  • sst036
    sst036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Ok, new Raelynn update!

I read this blog of a lady (amalah) whose son had a mixture of issues that sound like your daughter's - they got him a stack of different types of therapies and she talked a lot about how that process worked, and how she felt etc. Maybe you'd find some reassurance in reading of their experiences? My OT friend has recommended it to some of her clients as well.

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

Oooh, I would love that.

The unit next door to my work is a popcorn warehouse. It smells SO good. Especially when you're smelling it by the ton. It never tastes that good though, you're right. Maybe if I ate a ton of it it would.
  • labohn91
    labohn91 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I like to wear my headphones with no music so I can listen in on peoples conversation.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Tonight I am SPAMKILLER Hear Me Roar!!
    (Seriously, when is MFP going to put in a decent filter? There really is a ridiculous amount.)

Oh no what did I do?

Just messing, I'm a different kind of Spam.
    Ah, are you 'Spam Arie'? I always read it as 'Spa Marie'!

Well technically I'm Spam-Marie but my brothers call me Spam for short. Aren't brothers nice?

I am part of the Spa-Marie camp. I could never quite figure out what that meant overall but didn't worry about it too much. :)

I thought she just liked going to spas lol

Ironically I am the least likely person to visit a spa ever. I'm pretty bad at even remembering to go to the hairdresser. This whole thing made me chuckle.