Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 That is exciting news!! I hope it all works out for you!

@raelynnsmama52512 Best wishes that the financing will come through for you!
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 exciting. I hope it all works out well for you. That is a lot of moving pieces coming together. Best of luck in everything!

Thanks y'all! ❤️

Haven't found type original post yet but my brief app is over until l later so will add here best wishes and fingers crossed!
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @riderfangal I can totally get behind some retail therapy! Better than going home and eating lots of high caloried food! (in my opinion so not trying to offend anyone, I obviously can't stop feeding myself haha)

I HATE shopping, hate it! I feel like its all I do sometimes. Yesterday I needed new pants for work, so while out running my errands I stopped in my usual clothing store, and was in and out with two pairs of pants in ten minutes. When I have to spend time trying stuff on or looking for something in particular, it drives me mad, I wish everything I needed was just bagged at the counter and I could just go in and pay and get out, lol. Today I have to go grocery shopping, which is the bane of my existence......ugh.

Well...we know I love clothes shopping. I am a master at Marshalls. I am a machine. I can buzz through that place in 30 min and walk out with great stuff. But again. Grocery shopping. Ick. When I move to Saudi Arabia Susie is going to take care of it for me. :)

Double grocery runs for me! Yay! ;)

And double cooking. I think you would be horrified at how I eat out and that my cupboard is all canned soup and protein bars and that my refrigerator is empty. If I remember I'll post a pic tonight to show you!

Okay as promised here are my refrigerator and my cabinet.

Hehehehehe! Oh man, so I don't think the cabinet is bad, but that is one sad fridge.
    Sad? I think you mean awesome! My fridge is full of old Chinese food, half eaten bits of cheese, empty orange juice cartons and a gigantic watermelon that I bought over a week ago and that nobody, inexplicably, is interested in eating. It needs a total empty and a really thorough cleaning, but I just can't bring myself to get motivated. I would LOVE to open it and find it suddenly looking like POF's fridge!

If you look closely the only thing in the cabinet is progresso soup, coffee, liquid potassium and boxes and boxes of protein bars. Oh and PB2. The mints in my fridge are all for the horses. :) I do have pickles (like months old) and almond milk and a few condiments that are ages old in the doors. I do like it clean, I admit. It looks nice! If I buy food it rots. I just can't be bothered. I am perfectly happy heating up soup for myself.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @raelynnsmama52512 That is exciting news!! I hope it all works out for you!

@raelynnsmama52512 Best wishes that the financing will come through for you!
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 exciting. I hope it all works out well for you. That is a lot of moving pieces coming together. Best of luck in everything!

Thanks y'all! ❤️

Haven't found type original post yet but my brief app is over until l later so will add here best wishes and fingers crossed!
    @riderfangal I can totally get behind some retail therapy! Better than going home and eating lots of high caloried food! (in my opinion so not trying to offend anyone, I obviously can't stop feeding myself haha)

I HATE shopping, hate it! I feel like its all I do sometimes. Yesterday I needed new pants for work, so while out running my errands I stopped in my usual clothing store, and was in and out with two pairs of pants in ten minutes. When I have to spend time trying stuff on or looking for something in particular, it drives me mad, I wish everything I needed was just bagged at the counter and I could just go in and pay and get out, lol. Today I have to go grocery shopping, which is the bane of my existence......ugh.

Well...we know I love clothes shopping. I am a master at Marshalls. I am a machine. I can buzz through that place in 30 min and walk out with great stuff. But again. Grocery shopping. Ick. When I move to Saudi Arabia Susie is going to take care of it for me. :)

Double grocery runs for me! Yay! ;)

And double cooking. I think you would be horrified at how I eat out and that my cupboard is all canned soup and protein bars and that my refrigerator is empty. If I remember I'll post a pic tonight to show you!

Okay as promised here are my refrigerator and my cabinet.

Hehehehehe! Oh man, so I don't think the cabinet is bad, but that is one sad fridge.

Absolutely pathetic fridge indeed! Even the cabinet is pretty sad. :p That's SOME grocery shopping trip I'll be doing for you...

I warned you! Think of it as a blank canvas. :)
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Man, I had a rough day today!

First off I could not fall asleep last night to save my life, it was at least 3:30am when I finally slept.

Then today, like less than half an hour after I get to work a lady a vaguely know (she lives down the hall, but have had limited contact), is in my store and as she gets up to me, she is shaking really badly. She is pregnant, I would say about six months along. I ask her if she is ok, and she says she is not feeling well, and thinks she just peed herself. Her pants were soaked, her water broke for sure. Right as this happens, she literally starts going down. I got her on the chair, and we called 911. She was freaking out, she kept saying "it's way too early".

It felt like it took the paramedics forever to get there! They did not even have their lights on or anything! My boss said because she was not in pain, when we were talking about it after. Ok, fine, she was not in pain, but she was pregnant, about half way through, and her water broke, hurry up!

That messed me up for hours, I was like spaced out or something. I feel terrible for her!

Then my boss and I had a disagreement and while it was not a fight and is not a huge deal, it made for an uncomfortable afternoon.

After that, the girl that is supposed to relieve me calls in sick....and she never calls in so I know she is sick, but my boss could not find anyone to cover. She was gonna call in one of my co-workers that works two jobs and NEVER gets a day off, was out for a walk earlier in the day and mentioned that she was off. So, for the second time this month, I offered to stay extra to avoid her having to come in. The first problem is that my feet and bladder were unprepared for that extra half shift, because I did not pace myself at the beginning of the shift.....my feet have their own heartbeat now and I almost didn't make it home in time to pee!

Now, it is 10:30, the time I usually go to bed during the week, and here I am, eating dinner. That is the second problem.....ugh.

I am feeling overwhelmed, and have a busy week ahead of me. I must pace myself. If I do not make it to the gym tomorrow, I am ok with that, as long as I get my steps in. I can't do much more there than walk on the treadmill and track anyway, as I do not have my appointment for a reboot on the weigh equipment until Thursday.

I have to go for the first of two sets of tests on my legs tomorrow checking the blood flow. When I am mapping the day out in my head, I keep thinking of the wrong medical building......I am hoping I do not make that mistake tomorrow....

@Italian_Buju thank goodness you were there for that lady. I hope her and the baby are okay. That's really scary. I'm sorry you had to work an extra shift yesterday, but why did you have to wait until you got home to pee? If I couldn't pee at work, I'd be in BIG trouble. FWIW, I hope today goes better.

I talked about this early in the thread.....but I have MAJOR issues using a toilet that is not my own. There are lots of days that I will work ten hours, and even go grocery shopping after that, and not pee until I get home. My body just will not allow it, most of the time. So, I know how to pace myself with drinking when I am not able to go. But at the beginning of the day, I was pacing for several hours earlier, lol.

Oddly, there are certain toilets I can use, there are two at the Y, and one at my foot clinic (they keep a shelf of cleaning supplies right in there, like they knew I was coming, lol), I have no idea WHY my brain allows me to use those ones, but I can, however, I do wipe them down first. Every three months I get a full panel of labs done at my DRs office, and they know I won't do a urine test there, so every time, they give me the cup for the next time and I just use it at home before coming in for the blood work.

If I am having a day that I cannot make it at work for sure, which happens a couple of times a year, I literally close the place down, lock it up, and go scrub the toilet before using it. Even if I am at someone's house, I generally will not use the bathroom, unless I really need to, and then will wash it down also. It just creeps me out to sit my bare *kitten* on something someone else's bare *kitten* was on, lol.

Ok, guys, I need some opinions please. I am leaving now to go for my test and run some errands, but obviously will check later when I am back.....when is it too soon to go knock on the ladies door and ask if she is alright? I have been thinking about her almost non stop, but I do not really know her more than a passing hello, and I am not sure if that would be creepy or not.....

If it were me, I'd be glad that you thought enough to check on me. I don't think it's creepy at all, I think it's thoughtful and sweet. You should also maybe take her something. Either food or flowers. I think she would really like that.

Yeah, I was gonna make her some food, I know she has a young son, and I don't think she has much family.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    You know how I said yesterday that I made those chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars and had one for breakfast? Well I may have eaten 3 more before the day was over (and only logged one). SO GOOD! I made them for a fund raiser bake sale thing I'm doing for the American Diabetes Association (oh the irony!) I'm riding in the ADA Tour de Cure next month and I've found this is the best (easiest) way for me to raise funds. I make brownies or cookies and put them out at work with a "please donate" sign. My father and grandmother both died very young from complications related to diabetes, so it is a cause near and dear to my heart.

Rather than quote things, I'll just add:

I grew up in Southeast Texas without air conditioning. I don't know how we survived! That is one thing I don't ever want to be without!

I have very little hair on my legs and only shave about twice a month (probably less during the winter!) I give credit to my Native American grandfather (on mom's side) and grandmother (on dad's side) for that!

Congrats to everyone who is having a great week and hugs to those who aren't! I <3 you all!

<3

I hope you get checked regularly!!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I thought I had used up all my flour, but I still had half a cup left. So I combined that with rice flour that I normally don't use (gives things a weird texture...) and some cornstarch (due to said anticipated texture). I thought I wouldn't be making any more cookies. Since I ran out of butter I also subbed it with coconut oil. I don't know how I haven't gained a billion pounds at this point.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 I hope you're doing ok. We missed you yesterday!

I second this!

I third this.

Thanks everyone. I've just been going through some depression and haven't been feeling particularly social. My FND flared back up and I can't walk much today. I've also messed up my calories every single day for the past week and a half. Sigh. God knows if I'm ever going to earn that Fitbit now.

You will get there! I almost posted last night I thought you were missing yesterday... but then I was so busy jumping all over the place to catch up didn't want to be caught saying I didn't see you...and you were there!

Feel better!

That is exactly what happened to me too.....I noticed Susie had not posted for a few pages, but kept assuming I would find her every time I turned the next page.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Daughter went to the doctor this morning. If I wasn't there, she wouldn't have told them the whole story, so I went with. The anxiety, it's worse than I realized. Poor girl, she has anxiety over every social situation. I had no idea.

Anyhow, they are checking her thyroid, gave her a prescription, and she'll go back in 4 weeks to see how it's going.

My son went to the dentist. I know there are thousands of dollars of work that needs to be done on his teeth. The dentist sent him home with a "procedure plan" to review and plan for the next steps. Ugh. I guess I'll look at that when I get home. But, really, what am I going to do? He only has one set of teeth. They have to be taken care of, or he'll have dentures by age 25. Dang kid.
    Oh, so sorry :/ What was the prescription for? The anxiety?
    I could have written this. My daughter is really struggling too (19 yo - the one with anemia, which is not improving), and we had to spend $2000 on fillings for my son because he didn't brush properly when he had braces. Seriously, kid?

Yes, for anxiety. A previous doctor had tried a couple of things that didn't seem to help at all, so she's trying Pristiq and Klonopin temporarily for immediate relief.
    I really hope those things help her. It's so hard, seeing them struggle, isn't it? Should that work straight away? I thought anti-depressants generally take a few weeks to kick in. Are anti-anxiety meds quicker?

My daughter has to have another blood test this week, which will test her iron but also her thyroid function. She was put on the seasonal pill to reduce her heavy periods, but she's had constant bleeding ever since she started taking in (6 weeks), so it seems counter-productive. I know these things take time to settle down, so I'm encouraging her to stick with it, but she's so exhausted and weepy all the time. It's having a huge impact on her life and I feel desperately sorry for her.

Wow, I hope she is doing a bit better by now. Have they thought of maybe the depo shot? I take that to control uterine tumors and have almost no bleeding, MAYBE a bit of spotting getting close to the next shot, but not often. I do take them closer together than the average woman, but that might be because of my weight too.
    Thanks for asking. No, Depo hasn't been discussed so far. She's actually a lot better this week, fortunately - she got a job that she really wanted which will see her through to this time next year. She's taking a year away from college and wants to work and then travel for a bit. That's helped her feel like things are a little more under control. Part of her issue at the moment seems to be managing change and unpredictable situations badly. She gets upset if she gets invited to a party with only a couple of hours notice, that kind of thing (is that anxiety related?) We're on vacation for a week from next Friday, so she won't see the doctor again until the first week of August, and I'll go with her this time. I think I'm going to ask for a referral to a women's clinic, because she's still bleeding (8 weeks now) and I think she needs a scan or something to make sure there's nothing else going on.

Yes, that is anxiety related for sure! I almost never do things last minute, even fun things, because it is just way too stressful.

Good idea to go with her, I still tend to speak for/with my kids at DRs appts and such. It is hard to remember everything you need to remember as an adult.....but they are still learning.....

I didn't realize this was anxiety related. I always thought I was being inflexible & selfish. I don't want to be that way, but if I don't have time to plan something or fit something in my schedule I get extremely annoyed. I figured I had a bit of anxiety, but hearing more and more of these types of things is making me realize I'm a lot worse than I thought.

The problem with it is often other people think you (not you personally, I mean those of us like this), are being inflexible and selfish....I have had this argument with my boss several times ;)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Do any of the wonderful Canadians on here who enjoy mystery/detective novels read Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series? She's a Canadian author whose novels are set in Canada. Anyhow, I love them. I'm very excited that her newest book in the series will be released on my birthday next month!!

Confession - I'm worried that setting a goal weight will mean that I'll rest on my laurels once I get there, setting me up for gaining it back. I need to change my mind set away from having an "end goal" because then the process is over....and I tend to sprint to the finish, if that makes sense. Like go all out to get to that goal weight, especially now that it's within reach, and then have a let down once I'm there. @pofoster21 How did you handle this? Maybe if I keep setting goals for myself re: fitness challenges or hikes or bike rides, that'll keep me focused on continually improving overall (instead of being weight-focused). Anyone else have tips?

I track continuously. I have a spreadsheet that I use that I I have been maintaining with my sister (who isn't losing) and my friend's husband (who lost but has been slipping) where I track weight and steps. My consistent 'goal' has been 125 (secretly 115). I got to 125 and track carefully against that. I did just go down to 120 because I have now gotten to 121.6 (for the last 3 days and a few weeks ago). So now I am trying for 120. I admit 115 is too thin for me. I made it there once before but couldn't maintain it (I was 23 and starving myself basically). I have never been this thin for any period of time eating well. So...my goal is to stay on that line or that goal weight, make my steps, not drink. I slip on all of them but only for a day or so. When I get above that goal line for any period of time I start to freak and get myself back on track. I am going to try and forward the tracking sheets off my ipad (in work email) to my personal email, then I will try and post them so you can see.

I also finally started exercising again (as you all know) more than just walking, upped my daily walking goal, etc. Basically, setting new goals does help. And being committed in the fitbit thread helps... publishing my weight to my sister/friend's husband/goals in thread all hold me accountable.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Speaking of bad endings... Dexter, anyone? The whole show was pretty bad (my boyfriend and I watched it pretty much just so we could laugh at it), in my opinion, but the ending was just HILARIOUS. I don't know what they were thinking.

EDIT: Breaking Bad was always amazing and ended amazing!
    EDIT 2: Seasons 1-4 (or 3?) of Dexter weren't nearly as bad as the last few seasons. I just hated the main character because he was dull and boring. Deb was my favorite.

Seasons 4 and 6 where my favorite, mostly because the killer he was tracking was so interesting.....the ending made me mad forever! FOREVER! I think that and LOST were completing for worst ending to a great show!

Was season 4 the one with John Lithgow? If so, that was my favorite! I almost died when Dexter found Rita!

Yes it was! I was very impressed with his ability to play that part seeing as he is mostly a comedic actor!

The progression of the Dexter/Rita relationship annoyed me.....
  • Oberon21
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    I have a coworker who can be quite snotty and apparently gets offended by smells. And I get it to a point, I also hate strong perfumes and the like. But she complained to me the other day about how "rude" it is that someone made popcorn. Not liking a smell is one thing. Saying someone is rude because of a food seems a bit ridiculous to me.

I brought popcorn for a snack today :naughty:

Who hates the smell of popcorn??!!!

That's what I was wondering!
    I have a coworker who can be quite snotty and apparently gets offended by smells. And I get it to a point, I also hate strong perfumes and the like. But she complained to me the other day about how "rude" it is that someone made popcorn. Not liking a smell is one thing. Saying someone is rude because of a food seems a bit ridiculous to me.

She would hate my office, we have one of those theatre-style poppers that our social committee uses once every couple months for charity fundraisers and stuff. We pop with coconut oil and that movie-theatre seasoning and It. Smells. Incredible.

Oooh, I would love that.

It's the easiest way to get people to donate to anything, by giving them popcorn in exchange for it. The lure of popcorn is strong in this office (well, food generally, but in what office isn't it?)

Confession: I think popcorn smells way better than it tastes. Like, I'll have a handful now and then but I can't remember the last time I had a bag of it for myself or actually purchased any.

I love to eat popcorn too, but you're right, sometimes the smell is better. I wonder if they make a popcorn scented candle...

I LOVE popcorn. But I rarely eat it anymore. Every time I do my weight is up the next day, even though I don't put butter or salt on it.

I live off popcorn at work. Specifically, CVS house brand called Gold Emblem, I think. It's soooo good and low cal, for popcorn. No weighing issues here.

Popcorn for the win. I eat a big bowl every night!!

Something about it is not good for me. Literally every time I eat it my weight spikes. I figure its water weight?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Raelynn update:
    I finally spoke with the preschool director for the district this morning. She is going to talk to the school psychologist and see what she would like to do as far as evaluations and options. She also wants Raelynn to have a speech evaluation as her SPD can (and does) affect how she comprehends and communicates to an extent. She did mention that there is a 3K option we could try, but it is for severely delayed and autistic children. After discussing Raelynn's specific delays and issues was when she decided to get the psychologist involved, so I don't exactly know how that is going to pan out. She did mention possibly doing an individualized plan as well, just depending on what the psychologist thinks.

Since we've started her on the melatonin she's begun waking up around 5-6am after not going to sleep until around 8:30-9pm, granted she's not waking up at night, but still concerning since that's 8-9 hours of sleep for her, as opposed to the (iirc) 12-15 she's supposed to be getting. We're going to hang on and see if it's just her body adjusting or if we need to try something else.

The tea party at Barnes and noble didn't go well. She completely freaked out when it came time to sit down for story time and wouldn't go near the other kids, as in completely frozen and stuttering "I don't, I want, mommy, mommy,!" She wound up sitting nearby in my lap but she still wouldn't interact or go near other kids. After the story, there was a craft and we could buy snacks if we wanted. She ran to the back of a table, trying to keep away from everyone, but it was such a small space that she couldn't distance herself. Of course at this time, the director calls me, so I'm trying to help Raelynn with her craft and talk with the director at the same time. Halfway through, Raelynn bolts out from the table, grabs my hand, and says "Mommy, I can't do this" and starts running towards the other end of the store. She literally ran away from the craft area and stayed over in the toy section away from everyone else. If anything could have shattered my heart and made me feel like a horrible person, it was that. I spent the rest of my conversation with the director fighting back tears, it just breaks my heart seeing her struggle like this, and I feel guilty for taking her to that. I feel like I should have known better.

My husband broke down when I talked to him about today and my talk with the director. She's fighting a battle that she can't understand, and it kills us to see it knowing there's not much we can do. :cry:

(I feel like I shouldn't be complaining, since I know it could be so much worse, but it's so heartbreaking to see my baby girl struggle everyday!)

So sorry for this struggle you are going through! Nothing is harder than watching your child go through something that you cannot fix for them. Every single parent knows this on one level or another!

Also, that amount of sleep may be all she needs...my son went to bed around 9pm and was up at 5:30am every morning like clock work from the time he was in the crib until more than half way through middle school!

I can remember my mom putting my sister and I to bed around 8 pm (I remember because she is my little sister and it wasn't fair we had the same bedtime). My parents tell me I was always up before them, by 5 am or so.

My dad would usually find me reading in the living room when he got up.

My mother put us to bed at like 7 or 7:30 when the other kids were out playing. It was terrible, we used to just hang in the window watching them play. Her POV was she had us all day...she needed some down time. I still don't agree with that. :wink:

:angry:

That's crap!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I LOVE popcorn. I had a big bag of kernels in my cabinet and popped the rest of them today. It's relatively low calorie for how much quantity there is... and you can add all kinds of spices to it. While I think Sriracha is pretty overrated, I love it in popcorn.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Eve53 wrote: »
    Ok, I'll try to keep up. I got another confession though... I use mens shampoo/body wash at the gym because I can't find an all in one that is made for women, and don't want to be bothered with more than one bottle.

Also, I don't wear undies or a bra when I leave the gym because I don't want the trouble of trying to get them back on when I'm all spent from working out, lol.

I confess that this morning I got up at around 5:30 AM to get a shower & after putting Herbal Essence 2 in 1 in my hair I almost put body wash in my hair.

I also confess that some days I forget to wear deodorant to work.
    @Tubbs216 don't worry about keeping up/responding just don't leave us!!!
    Aw, thank you. I'm not going anywhere - sometimes I get overwhelmed about trying to thoroughly read everything and respond to everyone.

Just do what you can...only us OCD folks need to read everything!

You know! Here I am, over on page 1244.....I have made a LOT of head way this weekend, but I am scared to go into the week behind!! I do have Tuesday night home alone though, I am gonna have to make sure I get all my steps in early so I can come home and hang out here for a few hours before bed, lol.

I know how you feel. I have about 2 days I am still not caught up on that I MUST read. It was my plan for tonight but a colicky horse stopped that. I didn't get home til after 11 and I was too tired to even go get my McDonald's ice cream for national ice cream day. I am allowing myself a rain check.

Like the horse cries out?

No, it means it has a tummy ache. Which can be from gas, an obstruction, a slowing down of the bowel function, etc. It can be deadly in horses, as their intestines can burst, they can have their intestines flip or if they roll (which they want to do when they are in pain) their intestines can get tangled. They sort of float as opposed to being anchored down like ours are with other organs, etc. and if they flip or get tangled, part of the intestine can die. And the horse then dies. Its pretty awful. You never take a colic in a horse lightly.

I know nothing about horses so sorry about all the questions.....but how do you know that is happening? What can you do for them?
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins

I'm halfway there too...I'm squatting and deadlifting 65...I weigh 135. Tomorrow is leg day for me. Going to try to squat 75.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

She would hate my office, we have one of those theatre-style poppers that our social committee uses once every couple months for charity fundraisers and stuff. We pop with coconut oil and that movie-theatre seasoning and It. Smells. Incredible.

Oooh, I would love that.

It's the easiest way to get people to donate to anything, by giving them popcorn in exchange for it. The lure of popcorn is strong in this office (well, food generally, but in what office isn't it?)

Confession: I think popcorn smells way better than it tastes. Like, I'll have a handful now and then but I can't remember the last time I had a bag of it for myself or actually purchased any.

I love to eat popcorn too, but you're right, sometimes the smell is better. I wonder if they make a popcorn scented candle...

I LOVE popcorn. But I rarely eat it anymore. Every time I do my weight is up the next day, even though I don't put butter or salt on it.

I live off popcorn at work. Specifically, CVS house brand called Gold Emblem, I think. It's soooo good and low cal, for popcorn. No weighing issues here.

I love LOVE L-O-V-E popcorn! I can't handle that microwave stuff though, I make hot air popped with real salted butter. Or popcorn from the movie theatre, I said this early in the thread, but I have been known to go there, buy a bag of popcorn and then come home and eat it.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I confess I can't help but giggle as I watch my neighbor through the window as he scrapes his shoe on the pavement and grass. I'm assuming he stepped in dog poo. I shouldn't laugh because it's the worst when that happens...and I'll probably jinx myself and step in some later while out walking;

Due to all this peanut butter talk, I'm now craving some. Has anyone ever made peanut butter cookies using the recipe of just pb, egg, and sugar? I think it's one cup pb, one egg, and one cup sugar? Also, if so..how long and what temperature..and are they good?

All the time. Love them . Better with brown sugar. 350 F 9 minutes. You're welcome.

ETA: I apologize for enabling the peanut butter baking on a diet forum.

I wonder if it would work with Splenda brown sugar? Anyone tried that?

Awesome! Thanks! I was hoping to use Stevia too...I know a lot of people hate the taste, but that's all I use. Hmm, how bad could it be?
    Btw- I don't keep a lot of baking/sweet ingredients in the house like brown sugar, powdered sugar, chocolate chips, honey..etc. It can be very dangerous when I get a craving and those things are available.

Did you make them with Stevia? How did it turn out?

I have an entire cupboard plus a shelf in my walk in pantry full of baking stuff....I can literally make nearly anything without needing to buy anything.....

I bake nearly every Sunday during the school year.

BTW: I have been wanting a standing mixer for many years, but they are so much money and I could never justify spending it on that......today my boss told me she saved up her points for a while (long story, she gets them from work), and has ordered me one. I am thrilled and so thankful!

What an awesome boss! Sounds like you had a rough day, but this news had to make up for some of it, right :)

Yes :smile:

And she is awesome.....-most- of the time....lol
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Ok, new Raelynn update!

I finally got a call back from Help Me Grow (program through United Way), and the lady was so helpful! She did suggest that I call our county mental health center to see if we could possibly get some kind of counseling for her, and she will also be looking for some occupational therapy offices for us that may not be so much of a financial burden until we can get Medicaid going. She's going to be emailing me that information sometime tomorrow so that hubby and I can see what would work best. She also told me about Family Connections which is some kind of network/program for special needs children and their families, so that if we needed some support or to see if we could connect with another family that has a child with the same disorders as Raelynn for support and help with everything. I've got to call about the counseling tomorrow, and I have to call the doctor and give an update as well, so tomorrow should *hopefully* be a productive day.

I feel for hubby though, this is all getting to him so much. He's so afraid that she's not going to be able to have a "normal" life, and that's the only thing he wants for her. It goes without saying that I want her to have as much of a "normal" life as possible, but it's so scary when there's so many unknowns and we don't know what will happen. I'm trying to stay positive and optimistic about things, but it's overwhelming at times.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Do any of the wonderful Canadians on here who enjoy mystery/detective novels read Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series? She's a Canadian author whose novels are set in Canada. Anyhow, I love them. I'm very excited that her newest book in the series will be released on my birthday next month!!

Confession - I'm worried that setting a goal weight will mean that I'll rest on my laurels once I get there, setting me up for gaining it back. I need to change my mind set away from having an "end goal" because then the process is over....and I tend to sprint to the finish, if that makes sense. Like go all out to get to that goal weight, especially now that it's within reach, and then have a let down once I'm there. @pofoster21 How did you handle this? Maybe if I keep setting goals for myself re: fitness challenges or hikes or bike rides, that'll keep me focused on continually improving overall (instead of being weight-focused). Anyone else have tips?

I track continuously. I have a spreadsheet that I use that I I have been maintaining with my sister (who isn't losing) and my friend's husband (who lost but has been slipping) where I track weight and steps. My consistent 'goal' has been 125 (secretly 115). I got to 125 and track carefully against that. I did just go down to 120 because I have now gotten to 121.6 (for the last 3 days and a few weeks ago). So now I am trying for 120. I admit 115 is too thin for me. I made it there once before but couldn't maintain it (I was 23 and starving myself basically). I have never been this thin for any period of time eating well. So...my goal is to stay on that line or that goal weight, make my steps, not drink. I slip on all of them but only for a day or so. When I get above that goal line for any period of time I start to freak and get myself back on track. I am going to try and forward the tracking sheets off my ipad (in work email) to my personal email, then I will try and post them so you can see.

I also finally started exercising again (as you all know) more than just walking, upped my daily walking goal, etc. Basically, setting new goals does help. And being committed in the fitbit thread helps... publishing my weight to my sister/friend's husband/goals in thread all hold me accountable.

Okay let me see if I can post these. Please don't judge me on my 'red' alcohol days. :)

Nope says this isn't allowed. I guess because its excel? I wonder if I can somehow make it a picture. I'll try and figure it out...
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Oooh, I would love that.

I love LOVE L-O-V-E popcorn! I can't handle that microwave stuff though, I make hot air popped with real salted butter. Or popcorn from the movie theatre, I said this early in the thread, but I have been known to go there, buy a bag of popcorn and then come home and eat it.....

I make the air popped too. I use either margarine or baking spray depending on how many calories I have left and then use one of the many many popcorn seasonings I own. Have also tried taco seasoning on it which is also yummy.

Now for a confession. Hope I don't get kicked out of the group but I could take or leave ice cream or cookies for that matter and.....I have never eaten one of those protein bars you guys are always raving about.

Runs away and hides
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I have never had Key Lime Pie. Is it at all like a lemon tart? I really love lemon tart.

It's similar, but better, in my opinon! I love key lime pie!! Very tart and delicious, but only really good if it's truly Key Lime pie... not just "lime pie."

I've never tasted it, and I admit that it sounds very intriguing... But I don't really like lemon-flavored desserts, so I'm not sure why!

Confession: I just made the peanut butter/sugar/egg cookies that @kelly_c_77, @Italian_Buju, and @Tubbs216 kept going on and on about, because I couldn't get the idea of trying them out of my brain, since they sounded so strange and yet they kept saying how good they were. I sprinkled them with brown sugar, too.

My husband is sighing and shaking his head at me--I can't say I blame him. :|

Did you love them?

I am gonna have to try those chocolate chip cheesecake bars one day, those sound wonderful!