Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Seems like a lot of people don't have air conditioning! I was always very cold in the house growing up, wearing a blanket around me at all times (most of my family likes it to be cold while I like warm temperatures). But now I'm really feeling the heat. I don't get hot at night because we do have a fan that we keep beside the bed, but my boyfriend gets sweaty regardless. :( I think I will survive... not only that but I will be begging for more heat in just a few months :disappointed: I don't want to spend money on something we only need rarely... but it can get tough at times!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Popping in to say- sweet pickles are disgusting! Why anyone would choose to desecrate tuna or anything else with sweet pickles or sweet pickle relish baffles me! :p

Also, I have small feet, can't stand the way my toes look so rarely wear open toed shoes. I also have a dear husband who doesn't want to buy anything that is made in China, so shoe shopping is not one of my favorite things to do. :(

I am so jealous of all the vacation talk. I haven't had a real vacation since I stopped teaching 4 years ago. I am in the process of buying a new car, which means I won't be taking any real vacations anytime soon either. (I am a contractor, so I don't get any paid time off.)

Sending out virtual hugs to all who need them!

ETA: @MoHousdon Beautiful ring and beautiful story, sounds like something my DH would do!

Why?
    He doesn't like the way the average Chinese worker is treated.

<3

I love your husband now!

Yeah, he's a keeper!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Tonight I am SPAMKILLER Hear Me Roar!!
    (Seriously, when is MFP going to put in a decent filter? There really is a ridiculous amount.)

Oh no what did I do?

Just messing, I'm a different kind of Spam.
    Ah, are you 'Spam Arie'? I always read it as 'Spa Marie'!

Me, too!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    You know how I said yesterday that I made those chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars and had one for breakfast? Well I may have eaten 3 more before the day was over (and only logged one). SO GOOD! I made them for a fund raiser bake sale thing I'm doing for the American Diabetes Association (oh the irony!) I'm riding in the ADA Tour de Cure next month and I've found this is the best (easiest) way for me to raise funds. I make brownies or cookies and put them out at work with a "please donate" sign. My father and grandmother both died very young from complications related to diabetes, so it is a cause near and dear to my heart.

Rather than quote things, I'll just add:

I grew up in Southeast Texas without air conditioning. I don't know how we survived! That is one thing I don't ever want to be without!

I have very little hair on my legs and only shave about twice a month (probably less during the winter!) I give credit to my Native American grandfather (on mom's side) and grandmother (on dad's side) for that!

Congrats to everyone who is having a great week and hugs to those who aren't! I <3 you all!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    [quote/]

Ok, guys, I need some opinions please. I am leaving now to go for my test and run some errands, but obviously will check later when I am back.....when is it too soon to go knock on the ladies door and ask if she is alright? I have been thinking about her almost non stop, but I do not really know her more than a passing hello, and I am not sure if that would be creepy or not.....[/quote]

I think it would be fine for you to check on her. You were present when it happened and it shows genuine concern, not just some looky loo trying to be nosy.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    [quote/]

Ok, guys, I need some opinions please. I am leaving now to go for my test and run some errands, but obviously will check later when I am back.....when is it too soon to go knock on the ladies door and ask if she is alright? I have been thinking about her almost non stop, but I do not really know her more than a passing hello, and I am not sure if that would be creepy or not.....

I think it would be fine for you to check on her. You were present when it happened and it shows genuine concern, not just some looky loo trying to be nosy.[/quote]

I agree with @crosbylee
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Man, I had a rough day today!

First off I could not fall asleep last night to save my life, it was at least 3:30am when I finally slept.

Then today, like less than half an hour after I get to work a lady a vaguely know (she lives down the hall, but have had limited contact), is in my store and as she gets up to me, she is shaking really badly. She is pregnant, I would say about six months along. I ask her if she is ok, and she says she is not feeling well, and thinks she just peed herself. Her pants were soaked, her water broke for sure. Right as this happens, she literally starts going down. I got her on the chair, and we called 911. She was freaking out, she kept saying "it's way too early".

It felt like it took the paramedics forever to get there! They did not even have their lights on or anything! My boss said because she was not in pain, when we were talking about it after. Ok, fine, she was not in pain, but she was pregnant, about half way through, and her water broke, hurry up!

That messed me up for hours, I was like spaced out or something. I feel terrible for her!

Then my boss and I had a disagreement and while it was not a fight and is not a huge deal, it made for an uncomfortable afternoon.

After that, the girl that is supposed to relieve me calls in sick....and she never calls in so I know she is sick, but my boss could not find anyone to cover. She was gonna call in one of my co-workers that works two jobs and NEVER gets a day off, was out for a walk earlier in the day and mentioned that she was off. So, for the second time this month, I offered to stay extra to avoid her having to come in. The first problem is that my feet and bladder were unprepared for that extra half shift, because I did not pace myself at the beginning of the shift.....my feet have their own heartbeat now and I almost didn't make it home in time to pee!

Now, it is 10:30, the time I usually go to bed during the week, and here I am, eating dinner. That is the second problem.....ugh.

I am feeling overwhelmed, and have a busy week ahead of me. I must pace myself. If I do not make it to the gym tomorrow, I am ok with that, as long as I get my steps in. I can't do much more there than walk on the treadmill and track anyway, as I do not have my appointment for a reboot on the weigh equipment until Thursday.

I have to go for the first of two sets of tests on my legs tomorrow checking the blood flow. When I am mapping the day out in my head, I keep thinking of the wrong medical building......I am hoping I do not make that mistake tomorrow....

@Italian_Buju thank goodness you were there for that lady. I hope her and the baby are okay. That's really scary. I'm sorry you had to work an extra shift yesterday, but why did you have to wait until you got home to pee? If I couldn't pee at work, I'd be in BIG trouble. FWIW, I hope today goes better.

Ok, guys, I need some opinions please. I am leaving now to go for my test and run some errands, but obviously will check later when I am back.....when is it too soon to go knock on the ladies door and ask if she is alright? I have been thinking about her almost non stop, but I do not really know her more than a passing hello, and I am not sure if that would be creepy or not.....

Since you were the one to help her, not creepy at all.

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    (Seriously, when is MFP going to put in a decent filter? There really is a ridiculous amount.)

Oh no what did I do?

Me too!

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Man, I had a rough day today!

First off I could not fall asleep last night to save my life, it was at least 3:30am when I finally slept.

Then today, like less than half an hour after I get to work a lady a vaguely know (she lives down the hall, but have had limited contact), is in my store and as she gets up to me, she is shaking really badly. She is pregnant, I would say about six months along. I ask her if she is ok, and she says she is not feeling well, and thinks she just peed herself. Her pants were soaked, her water broke for sure. Right as this happens, she literally starts going down. I got her on the chair, and we called 911. She was freaking out, she kept saying "it's way too early".

It felt like it took the paramedics forever to get there! They did not even have their lights on or anything! My boss said because she was not in pain, when we were talking about it after. Ok, fine, she was not in pain, but she was pregnant, about half way through, and her water broke, hurry up!

That messed me up for hours, I was like spaced out or something. I feel terrible for her!

Then my boss and I had a disagreement and while it was not a fight and is not a huge deal, it made for an uncomfortable afternoon.

After that, the girl that is supposed to relieve me calls in sick....and she never calls in so I know she is sick, but my boss could not find anyone to cover. She was gonna call in one of my co-workers that works two jobs and NEVER gets a day off, was out for a walk earlier in the day and mentioned that she was off. So, for the second time this month, I offered to stay extra to avoid her having to come in. The first problem is that my feet and bladder were unprepared for that extra half shift, because I did not pace myself at the beginning of the shift.....my feet have their own heartbeat now and I almost didn't make it home in time to pee!

Now, it is 10:30, the time I usually go to bed during the week, and here I am, eating dinner. That is the second problem.....ugh.

I am feeling overwhelmed, and have a busy week ahead of me. I must pace myself. If I do not make it to the gym tomorrow, I am ok with that, as long as I get my steps in. I can't do much more there than walk on the treadmill and track anyway, as I do not have my appointment for a reboot on the weigh equipment until Thursday.

I have to go for the first of two sets of tests on my legs tomorrow checking the blood flow. When I am mapping the day out in my head, I keep thinking of the wrong medical building......I am hoping I do not make that mistake tomorrow....

@Italian_Buju thank goodness you were there for that lady. I hope her and the baby are okay. That's really scary. I'm sorry you had to work an extra shift yesterday, but why did you have to wait until you got home to pee? If I couldn't pee at work, I'd be in BIG trouble. FWIW, I hope today goes better.

Personally, I don't think it would be weird or creepy since she came to you for help--seeing her in that condition and helping her by calling 911/paramedics does give you an interest in how she is doing.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 I hope you're doing ok. We missed you yesterday!

I second this!

I third this.

Thanks everyone. I've just been going through some depression and haven't been feeling particularly social. My FND flared back up and I can't walk much today. I've also messed up my calories every single day for the past week and a half. Sigh. God knows if I'm ever going to earn that Fitbit now.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Oh no what did I do?

Me too... :o
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 I hope you're doing ok. We missed you yesterday!

I second this!

I third this.

Thanks everyone. I've just been going through some depression and haven't been feeling particularly social. My FND flared back up and I can't walk much today. I've also messed up my calories every single day for the past week and a half. Sigh. God knows if I'm ever going to earn that Fitbit now.

Yes you will!! We have faith!

And sorry you're having a bad time.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Are there any other Canadians who go without air conditioning all year? I heard it was fairly common to not get AC since most of the year is winter, but during the summer it is miserable. My thermostat reads 26 degrees right now and will inch its way up during the day, sometimes getting to 30 or 31. That's around 86 fahrenheit, which is a great temperature! ... For the outdoors. In here it feels all sticky and hot and I'm hating it. I grew up in the southern US and going without AC there is UNHEARD of.

We caved this year when the temp hit 40 with humidity (I live in Ottawa, humid and stickyyyy), I'm a cold blooded person but the mancreature isn't.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Oh no what did I do?

This.
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    [quote/]

I think it would be fine for you to check on her. You were present when it happened and it shows genuine concern, not just some looky loo trying to be nosy.

I agree with @crosbylee [/quote]

I agree! @italian_buju please keep us "in the loop", I hope her and the little one are doing good!
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 sending you tons of love!
  • spamarie
    Options

Oh no what did I do?

Well technically I'm Spam-Marie but my brothers call me Spam for short. Aren't brothers nice?
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I have a coworker who can be quite snotty and apparently gets offended by smells. And I get it to a point, I also hate strong perfumes and the like. But she complained to me the other day about how "rude" it is that someone made popcorn. Not liking a smell is one thing. Saying someone is rude because of a food seems a bit ridiculous to me.

I brought popcorn for a snack today :naughty:

Who hates the smell of popcorn??!!!

That's what I was wondering!
    peleroja wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I have a coworker who can be quite snotty and apparently gets offended by smells. And I get it to a point, I also hate strong perfumes and the like. But she complained to me the other day about how "rude" it is that someone made popcorn. Not liking a smell is one thing. Saying someone is rude because of a food seems a bit ridiculous to me.

I brought popcorn for a snack today :naughty:

She would hate my office, we have one of those theatre-style poppers that our social committee uses once every couple months for charity fundraisers and stuff. We pop with coconut oil and that movie-theatre seasoning and It. Smells. Incredible.

Oooh, I would love that.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 sending you tons of love!

Thank you. :)

To everyone: At this point it's too late to go back and rehash the many, many posts I wanted to reply to, but I did read them all and every one of you is in my thoughts. While it feels very trite and impersonal to say, I'd like to offer congratulations to all who've had great things going on (I'm happy to see that there are many of you!), empathy and hugs to those going through a difficult time, and a huge WELCOME to those who have recently returned from vacation and hiatus and such--We didn't forget any of you guys!

And @FroggyBug I have no idea if they liked my desserts or not, because I gave them to my in-laws and left them there without eating any--we didn't go at meal-time or anything like that, and almost everyone was asleep by the time we got there. :p I'll text my mother-in-law in a few days and ask if they enjoyed them.

Speaking of the desserts, I feel so famous for the amount of people who made the chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars after I posted about them multiple times. ;) I hope my in-laws liked them as much as you guys did!
  • spamarie
    Options
    In good news, I finally told my work today about the 'being with child' and it was fine. A couple of them had guessed since at nearly 16 weeks I am developing a mini-pouch. Nice to not have to hold my belly in all the time anymore!

I feel like I have been living a lie though, with everyone on here thinking I'm Spa Marie. MFP won't allow hyphens and Spammarie looked weird to me!